Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Apparently, since 2008 the goverment has spent almost 14 million euro protecting the habitat of the hen harrier bird. FFS, what a waste of money.

It never ceases to amaze me what the government will and won't spend money on :(.
    It TA's me people shaking tins for sports clubs etc. I have a few things I will support that are close to my heart, but sport , nah !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

It's very frustrating aggressive begging is allowed, and I include chuggers in that too. The ones that need it most usually sit quietly most of the time saying nothing but sometimes asking for spare change. Earlier today there was this absolute gowl, panned out on the path, legs taking up most of the path, absolutely screeching at people. She was roaring at the person in front of me and as soon as I passed her she started shouting after me, about needing to buy food. Even though I was well passed her she was still shouting. Youd wonder why theyre left there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Mudmask

TA that my mother who stated she doesn't have the time or energy to go to the chemist for me is now neatly folding my brothers laundry after washing it all. If I were to leave so much as a sock for her to wash I'd be reminded where the door was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Apparently, since 2008 the goverment has spent almost 14 million euro protecting the habitat of the hen harrier bird. FFS, what a waste of money.

As someone who worked in that area all my life, I can't agree with you on this. Don't get me started on the subject of our wildlife and the governments woefully inadequate response to directives to protect our natural environment. I'll save that for the Nature forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Mudmask wrote: »
    TA that my mother who stated she doesn't have the time or energy to go to the chemist for me is now neatly folding my brothers laundry after washing it all. If I were to leave so much as a sock for her to wash I'd be reminded where the door was.

Thats because she loves your brother, he is the apple of her eye:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Mudmask wrote: »

Same as my mom, except for my sis, and she's 42 ffs, doesn't pay any rent to folks, and practically expects her ass to be wiped, she's the youngest, grinds my f***in gears it does. :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Jake1 wrote: »
    OUCH!!
    be careful with it, If that headache gets much worse, contact your GP.
    Im still suffering from concussion headaches from a fall before Christmas.

:(

Hope you're okay and you're not going to suffer for much longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

As someone who worked in that area all my life, I can't agree with you on this. Don't get me started on the subject of our wildlife and the governments woefully inadequate response to directives to protect our natural environment. I'll save that for the Nature forum.

Normally I'd agree with you, but with the state of the country since 2007 I stand by my point. Just as well I don't frequent the Nature forum.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

It's very frustrating aggressive begging is allowed, and I include chuggers in that too. The ones that need it most usually sit quietly most of the time saying nothing but sometimes asking for spare change. Earlier today there was this absolute gowl, panned out on the path, legs taking up most of the path, absolutely screeching at people. She was roaring at the person in front of me and as soon as I passed her she started shouting after me, about needing to buy food. Even though I was well passed her she was still shouting. Youd wonder why theyre left there

The worst I've seen of that was a drunk passed out on the footpath outside a bank, asleep on his remaining cans of beer to stop them being stolen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Customer is querying the price of some furnIture we carry. No bother. Then asks if the one on the floor was the only colour we had available. I replied cheerily, "no not only is it in black, we have it in white too". Customer points at the dark as night piece on the floor, "so is that the black one?".

WELL IT'S NOT F***ING WHITE, IS IT LOVE!!!

Disgusting vulgar creptiles on public transport who stand facing you and don't cover their big flapping cake hole when they start coughing. Twice.

Also geriatric PDA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Having to get ready to go out for a drink.
    I'm always complaining I stay in way too much at weekends but tonight I'd actually love to stay in with a bottle of wine and the telly.
    The thoughts of getting dolled up...gah. Someone do my makeup for me.

Also geriatric PDA

Ah to be old and in luv, awwww.

I went into a different Tesco than usual earlier. Nearly cracked up walking round in circles looking for stuff, as it has a different layout altogether earlier to my local one. Also I was too stubborn to ask where stuff was. I went into a checkout behind a couple who had a few bits in their hands. Great I thought, be out of here in no time! Until they proceeded to unload the big rucksack they had with them onto the belt. Every other queue was a mile long, so I huffily left to the self service tills. All was grand until I needed approval for my wine, and had to go hunt someone down. At this stage tired, and hungry, and in bad need of a glass of wine after the afternoon at my mothers with warring older daughters. Some days I wonder how I am not an alcoholic with it all, only my guts wouldn't take it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

Couples that post 'DATE NIGHT' on social media. For whatever reason it annoys the hell out of me.
    Can the couple just go out and have a great night without telling everybody? You're a couple; socializing together is normal!

I'm in a long-term relationship myself. We regularly go out and have great fun but never ever feel the need to tell the world and especially never say 'DATE NIGHT'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

turniphead wrote: »
    Couples that post 'DATE NIGHT' on social media. For whatever reason it annoys the hell out of me.
    Can the couple just go out and have a great night without telling everybody? You're a couple; socializing together is normal!

I'm in a long-term relationship myself. We regularly go out and have great fun but never ever feel the need to tell the world and especially never say 'DATE NIGHT'.

Agreed. Fricking Date Night! Bloody gimps.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

73Cat wrote: »
    Tis just one of those things I'm weird about! I hated being in hospital after having the kids

If I ever have to go to hospital, I'm going to get myself as manky as possible.

Two words. Sponge. Bath.

.........you are allowed to pick the nurse to bathe you right?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Was in my mothers house yesterday. Was a bit cold so she gave me a fleece jumper that she had lying around. Something I have successfully avoided wearing for the 33 years I've been on this planet.

Haven't taken the thing off yet. Jaysus, I've been missing out. I'm changing my wardrobe to all fleece everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    If I ever have to go to hospital, I'm going to get myself as manky as possible.

Two words. Sponge. Bath.

.........you are allowed to pick the nurse to bathe you right?

Yes, Brian, Sean or big Derek.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Certain petrol pumps have this feature where if you pull the handle too quick or fully it disactivates the pump ... Stops you filling up.
    Total head wrecker. Have to squeeze the handle half way ... Slow as fvck.

Drive a distance to avoid places with that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

Went to a coffee shop the other day and in the seating area it was like baby central. One table had three mothers with three large prams, obviously one of them had had a newborn so they had presents for the baby etc.. The TA was that there was a two seated table next to them empty, but all of the prams were blocking access to that table and the shop was getting full. I did find another table to sit at and enjoy my lunch, but it was just the fact the mothers were oblivious to the fact that their precious babies prams were blocking access to a table someone else could have used.

You'd wonder how hard it is for someone to actually be able to spell my full first name properly, it's not that difficult. Also when the oh/ex oh calls me by my full name, bugs me no end. Excuse me, my name is 'Honey'. Feels like I'm getting in trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Flutterby80

Total losers standing outside a shop on a Sunday morning waiting for it to open. Hungry heads on them staring in at me putting out tills and trying to charge the door when I let the staff in, we are not open yet asshole!! Some people would want to get a life and have a lie in, it's Sunday FFS :( I'm not one bit pissed off that I'm working today, honest!

People who continue to argue a point of fact even though they are clearly wrong, have been shown how they are wrong yet keep on and on and on contradicting you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

People who continue to argue a point of fact even though they are clearly wrong, have been shown how they are wrong yet keep on and on and on contradicting you.

Thinly veiled atheist post!:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

It annoys me when fookin assholes park too near the front of my driveway making it hard for me to get in and out.

Thinly veiled atheist post!:pac::pac::pac:

Oh far from it and I am actually annoyed by the inference.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

yeah but you know that if they're doing it they're mad.

.... as hell.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Yes, Brian, Sean or big Derek.:)

It will be Big Derek if he has the softest hands :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭reprise

Certain petrol pumps have this feature where if you pull the handle too quick or fully it disactivates the pump ... Stops you filling up.

I'm prepared to be wrong about this, but I have some expertise from a past life here and a theory.

What knocks the pump off is foam. This is built into some pumps to prevent you overfilling. Now, if you don't have the nozzle inserted fully, the fuel hits the side of the tank causing foam and this knocks the pump off.

Simply make sure you have the nozzle as fully home as you can to fill as quickly as possible.

• Advertisement

How easy it is to destroy an animal. I've two dogs. About a month ago both were sick. I felt sorry for them and gave them nice food (whatever was on discount in tesco). Now they're better but won't eat their nuts and wet food now. The daddy dog will eat his meat raw but the puppy won't. So, here I am on a Sunday evening cooking a dog sirloin steak, and cutting it into pieces for him. And I had two bowls of fruit salad for my own dinner.

Kids would be less demanding

How easy it is to destroy an animal. I've two dogs. About a month ago both were sick. I felt sorry for them and gave them nice food (whatever was on discount in tesco). Now they're better but won't eat their nuts and wet food now. The daddy dog will eat his meat raw but the puppy won't. So, here I am on a Sunday evening cooking a dog sirloin steak, and cutting it into pieces for him. And I had two bowls of fruit salad for my own dinner.

Gradually reduce the steak etc by mixing with their normal food. Over a few days they'll get back to the old ways.

They can certainly be worse than kids. I know as I have both! :)

Was in my mothers house yesterday. Was a bit cold so she gave me a fleece jumper that she had lying around. Something I have successfully avoided wearing for the 33 years I've been on this planet.

Haven't taken the thing off yet. Jaysus, I've been missing out. I'm changing my wardrobe to all fleece everything.

Slippery slope Boom_Bap then it'll be the P.J's around the house......because they're soooo comfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

People who feel the need to take corners really wide like it's formula one or something..eh, other lanes of traffic?
    ..oh and people who change lanes like a little bunny doing a bunny hop..drives me nuts.

I seem to have compartmentalised most of my TAs to the road these days, not sure if this is a bad or good thing...

It will be Big Derek if he has the softest hands :eek:

He may have the softest hands, but he has fingers like Clonakilty puddings ;).

Boggle eyed with tiredness all fookin day. Slept like sh*t last night. Heard the eldest come in after 3, by which time the youngest was stuck to me like sh*t to a blanket in the bed. After 4 I woke convinced I had heard the doorbell ring. I was in a panic thinking someone was dead. Then I convinced myself that someone had put a bomb through the letterbox/ set the house on fire, and had rang the doorbell as some kind of a warning. I couldn't go back to sleep for ages, and by the time I did the little one was up and awake:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

Sending a risky text to someone and they take hours to reply. Spend all day thinking "fuuuuuuuuck".

When you think you look great until you leave the house. Then spend the entire night questioning if you're overdressed/over made up/If that thigh high slit is too thigh high. Effort of life

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Social retards - people who can't put their phone down for 2 minutes, and use the phone as a crutch because they can't talk and look people in the eye.
    Bad drivers.
    Lads buttoning up their trousers as they're coming out of the toilets. See it a lot at weddings from big bellied red faced lads.
    People who don't know how to use 'you're, your, there, they're, their'
    Text speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Social retards - people who can't put their phone down for 2 minutes, and use the phone as a crutch because they can't talk and look people in the eye.
    Bad drivers.
    Lads buttoning up their trousers as they're coming out of the toilets. See it a lot at weddings from big bellied red faced lads.
    People who don't know how to use 'you're, your, there, they're, their'
    Text speak.

This phrase.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Schwiiing wrote: »
    This phrase.:mad:

TBF id rather be looking at my phone...whatsapping my friends etc,
    than be dealing with talking to the general public who are by and large insufferable arseholes (yous all on boards aside)..

if I was having to get public transport everyday....near 100% certainty id be just looking my phone...who wants to be dealing with bull****e chit chat??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

TBF id rather be looking at my phone...whatsapping my friends etc, than be dealing with talking to the general public who are by and large insufferable arseholes (yous all on boards aside)..

if I was having to get public transport everyday....near 100% certainty id be just looking my phone...who wants to be dealing with bull****e chit chat??

I was thinking more along the lines of people with actual social disabilities like Aspergers, Autism, Dyspraxia etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Jaguars are particularly sensitive to this. Turn the nozzle 40 degrees clockwise - works wonders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Eat the steak and fcuk the dag outside the door with the fcukan fruit salad after him. He'll get the message surprisingly quickly. ;)

Older people constantly commenting on my appearance is headwrecking. My best friends mom does it every single time she sees me and my cousin does it too. I think because they're older, and have kids my own age/older they must think I'm some sort of imbicle unable to take care of myself. I met my cousin earlier tonight. "Lexie, are you eating". Yes B. "Are you sure?" Certain. "There's less and less of you everytime I see you" I don't think so B, it's probably just the outfit. "You always dress well don't you?" I'm delighted that the conversation is steering away from weight until she goes back to "make sure you're eating right, won't you". I wouldn't mind but it's not like I don't have weight to lose, I do. It's not like a couple pounds here or there would even touch the sides of it but I think old people just have different ideas in their heads about how they think you look vs how you actually look. Can be guaranteed anyone I know really well, over the age of 45, probably thinks I'm living in squalor or starving myself. Far from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,306 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

People with massive TVs - 50+ inch wall mounted yokes

that leave their curtains and blinds open all night so that every passer by

can see it!

Feckin Show Offs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Older people constantly commenting on my appearance is headwrecking. My best friends mom does it every single time she sees me and my cousin does it too. I think because they're older, and have kids my own age/older they must think I'm some sort of imbicle unable to take care of myself. I met my cousin earlier tonight. "Lexie, are you eating". Yes B. "Are you sure?" Certain. "There's less and less of you everytime I see you" I don't think so B, it's probably just the outfit. "You always dress well don't you?" I'm delighted that the conversation is steering away from weight until she goes back to "make sure you're eating right, won't you". I wouldn't mind but it's not like I don't have weight to lose, I do. It's not like a couple pounds here or there would even touch the sides of it but I think old people just have different ideas in their heads about how they think you look vs how you actually look. Can be guaranteed anyone I know really well, over the age of 45, probably thinks I'm living in squalor or starving myself. Far from it.

Tell them that you were brought up to think that it is rude to comment on someones physical appearance & let them meditate on that for a while. There may be ruffled feathers for a bit, but they'll soon get over it.

I said that to a couple of aul wan friends of my mother & it shut them up right sharpish. They always have something to say about how I look. Some times it is good. Sometimes it is bad. But just the concept of how I look, always being open for discussion 24/7, really pisses me off.

Sometimes people have no clue how effing clueless they are being. All it takes is a verbal kick up the arse, to make them cop on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

The guy beside me on the bus is sniffing his fingers for the last ten mins :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Getting on the wrong luas- twice! Only one was my fault :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Met Eireann's weather warning system. :( the way they go on about an orange alert I'd swear armageddon was coming

selous wrote: »
    Slippery slope Boom_Bap then it'll be the P.J's around the house......because they're soooo comfortable.

It was torture leaving it behind this morning going to work. I'm sure the neighbours would be happier with me wearing PJs than walking around in the nip all the time :eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement