Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

TA that everytime I see a post from Boom_Bap Mmm Bop by Hanson is on loop in my head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    People born in fields. Is it that incredibly difficult to close a door behind you so that the heat can be KEPT IN!!!!!

Next gob****e that walks through that door and doesn't close it behind them is getting a stapler thrown to the head :mad:

I always thought those people were born in barns :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Last night's trivial annoyances - a car alarm going off constantly and 3 dogs and a human barking at it. The man must have heard the dogs doing it and thought it would be fun to join in. He was terrible at it too. I feel like I haven't slept.

As someone who worked in that area all my life, I can't agree with you on this. Don't get me started on the subject of our wildlife and the governments woefully inadequate response to directives to protect our natural environment. I'll save that for the Nature forum.

I agree! I hate this country in that regard!

There's some f.ucker up our way shooting beautiful deer, like every day. Actually, it doesn't just TA me, it makes me f.ucking mad with anger. What is he doing with all the deer? Selling it on the black market? I'm also annoyed that I don't know enough about the law in this regard to know if I can report him, if he needs a license, if he is going above a quota - are there quotas? And, every time he drives past me he f.ucking waves! With the big neanderthal head on him. I wave too...my middle finger :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

TA'd at my own inability to sleep properly on a Sunday night. Meant to get up to swim before work, but struggled to get up at 7:30 in the end as a result. :mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

MsBubbles wrote: »
    TA that everytime I see a post from Boom_Bap Mmm Bop by Hanson is on loop in my head

Apologies for that. Hopefully this might change things:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    There's some f.ucker up our way shooting beautiful deer, like every day. Actually, it doesn't just TA me, it makes me f.ucking mad with anger. What is he doing with all the deer? Selling it on the black market? I'm also annoyed that I don't know enough about the law in this regard to know if I can report him, if he needs a license, if he is going above a quota - are there quotas? And, every time he drives past me he f.ucking waves! With the big neanderthal head on him. I wave too...my middle finger :(

It's probably the season for female and antlerless deer - they're culled regularly, for their good and ours. You do indeed need a license to hunt deer, it's a serious offence to do it without one. You also need a licensed, powerful centrefire rifle which are jaw-droppingly dangerous weapons and the Gardaí do not issue them to morons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

When you think you look great until you leave the house. Then spend the entire night questioning if you're overdressed/over made up/If that thigh high slit is too thigh high. Effort of life

Yeah this one. Or you throw on a top/trousers/shoes that you're not quite sure of and then spend the day feeling self-conscious and uncomfortable and adjusting said top/trousers/shoes and dying to get home so you can change.

This is why "getting ready" can be an ordeal sometimes.

jimgoose wrote: »
    It's probably the season for female and antlerless deer - they're culled regularly, for their good and ours. You do indeed need a license to hunt deer, it's a serious offence to do it without one. You also need a licensed, powerful centrefire rifle which are jaw-droppingly dangerous weapons and the Gardaí do not issue them to morons.

Well, I don't know if he has a license. I also don't know what he is shooting them with. I will find out though and he'll be sorry if he's not above board.

• Advertisement

Well, I don't know if he has a license. I also don't know what he is shooting them with. I will find out though and he'll be sorry if he's not above board.

And rightly so. Venison from the cull is mostly enjoyed at table, BTW.

jimgoose wrote: »
    And rightly so. Venison from the cull is mostly enjoyed at table, BTW.

I don't really care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Last night's trivial annoyances - a car alarm going off constantly and 3 dogs and a human barking at it. The man must have heard the dogs doing it and thought it would be fun to join in. He was terrible at it too. I feel like I haven't slept.

TA: I had foxes 'wailing' outside last night.

It's some screech that they make! :eek:
    If you didn't know what it was, you'd poop your pantaloons!

whiskeyman wrote: »

A vixen's yowl would stand the hair up on your head right enough. It's this that generated much of the old "Banshee" mythology.

I read that as a vixen's gowl :D:D:D

I read that as a vixen's gowl :D:D:D

Quite disturbing as well, especially the ones with teeth at both ends! :D

LOL ! Jimgoose. I have a car question for you. My 308 has an eco feature to save energy the engine stops when you're stopped at junction/lights. I normally switch off because it keeps stalling at lights, it's a 1.6 auto diesel. Any ideas how to fix it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

whiskeyman wrote: »

Little known fact that when foxes make sweet love the female 'traps' the male member inside her. This can cause the male fox to yowl....which is understandable in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Never mind foxes, those seagulls never shut the fúck up in the morning, screeching from about 5am onwards!

Ten times worse in the summer :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Walking back to the office just there after getting a coffee and I see a really old woman up ahead sitting on a small wall. She's one of those inner city grannies you wouldn't mess with!! She's ancient, hunched over and holding on to one of those walking frames.

She spots me and says something but I have my headphones on so can't hear her. I take them out and she orders, not asks but orders:

'Pull up me boot there love. The one there that's slipping off my foot. I don't want to fall over. Give it a good old hoike'

So, next thing I know I'm on the ground trying to hoist a wet, crusty looking ugg type boot over this old dear's enlarged looking foot while she barks orders. 'A bit higher. Pull it harder. Make sure the sides are level' And not even a thanks at the end of it!

YA WHAT NOW!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Little known fact that when foxes make sweet love the female 'traps' the male member inside her. This can cause the male fox to yowl....which is understandable in fairness.

Is it true male dogs can ride female foxes and knock them up?

Make sweet love, not ride. But no, they can not reproduce in practice.

LOL ! Jimgoose. I have a car question for you. My 308 has an eco feature to save energy the engine stops when you're stopped at junction/lights. I normally switch off because it keeps stalling at lights, it's a 1.6 auto diesel. Any ideas how to fix it ?

You switch what off, exactly? The auto stop/start feature, or you switch off the engine itself because it'll cut out? It's supposed to, with the stop/start thing! You have me slightly confused...

I deactivate the auto start/stop. I called into the garage on friday for a coffee got back into the car forgot to turn off the auto stop/start. When I stopped the car at the next set of traffic lights the car stalled and wouldn't start.
    I had turn off the ignition for 10 seconds then the car started again. It's a tiptronic gearbox but I use it in automatic mode all the time

I deactivate the auto start/stop. I called into the garage on friday for a coffee got back into the car forgot to turn off the auto stop/start. When I stopped the car at the next set of traffic lights the car stalled and wouldn't start.
    I had turn off the ignition for 10 seconds then the car started again. It's a tiptronic gearbox but I use it in automatic mode all the time

Hmm. Does it make an attempt to start? Or just sort of "forget" about the re-starting bit? If the former I'd say the battery could be expiring. How old is the car? If the latter, the computer gubbins has probably developed some sort of personality disorder and it should be scanned for error codes. You should post this over in the Motors forum, some of those guys are pretty good and might have seen this caper before.

EDIT: IIRC from the brother's yoke a switch on the clutch pedal is the "cue" to re-start. Could be some simple fault with that and/or a relay or solenoid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Vel wrote: »
    Walking back to the office just there after getting a coffee and I see a really old woman up ahead sitting on a small wall. She's one of those inner city grannies you wouldn't mess with!! She's ancient, hunched over and holding on to one of those walking frames.

She spots me and says something but I have my headphones on so can't hear her. I take them out and she orders, not asks but orders:

'Pull up me boot there love. The one there that's slipping off my foot. I don't want to fall over. Give it a good old hoike'

So, next thing I know I'm on the ground trying to hoist a wet, crusty looking ugg type boot over this old dear's enlarged looking foot while she barks orders. 'A bit higher. Pull it harder. Make sure the sides are level' And not even a thanks at the end of it!

YA WHAT NOW!!!!!!

I thought these kind of things only happened to me. I'm often in situations where I think I should be checking for the hidden cameras :D.

jimgoose thanks a million. I will ask de lads in motors. Vel I'm sitting hearing some aul wan 'Ah heyor pull bleddin harder'

Trying to make tough decisions without an OH to tell me what I should. I'm so indecisive. I need more assertion! I don't know whether or not to go get blonde highlights, or a spray tan in order to make myself less gothy looking. I'm not a goth at all, far from it, but lately can't help but feel like the grim reaper in a dress

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A genetic barrier between dogs and foxes prevents crossbreeding.

So relax.

yes to spray tan and yes to a few subtle blonde highlights Lexie !

• Advertisement

Trying to make tough decisions without an OH to tell me what I should. I'm so indecisive. I need more assertion! I don't know whether or not to go get blonde highlights, or a spray tan in order to make myself less gothy looking. I'm not a goth at all, far from it, but lately can't help but feel like the grim reaper in a dress

California Beach-Babe FTW. Go for it, Lexmeister! :cool:

**** MY LIFE. I'm living with my brother at the minute. My dogs are obviously stressed out, missing their daddy and their own house, and their own beds. My brother doesn't really like dogs inside but this is non negotiable. So, I got up there, and the puppy has the ENTIRE side of the leather couch pulled to pieces. I'm going to be homeless as soon as he comes home and sees it. All there is left is a big flapping piece of material and the insides of it all pulled around the place. Oh my god. I cannot believe this happened. I'm dead. My dog will be dead. Both of us will be in a tent. Ah jesus.

jimgoose was Pamela Anderson your dream girl growing up ? ;)

jimgoose was Pamela Anderson your dream girl growing up ? ;)

Absolutely not. That would be Bo Derek. :cool:

jimgoose good answer. a man of class

**** MY LIFE. I'm living with my brother at the minute. My dogs are obviously stressed out, missing their daddy and their own house, and their own beds. My brother doesn't really like dogs inside but this is non negotiable. So, I got up there, and the puppy has the ENTIRE side of the leather couch pulled to pieces. I'm going to be homeless as soon as he comes home and sees it. All there is left is a big flapping piece of material and the insides of it all pulled around the place. Oh my god. I cannot believe this happened. I'm dead. My dog will be dead. Both of us will be in a tent. Ah jesus.

Try a bit of furniture re-arrangement and put that side of the leather chair against a wall. Tell him its a Zen arrangement.

Failing that, there is a sale on in Great Outdoors. 15% off camping gear.

I'm going to try find another couch, the same one hopefully. ****sake it's constant money, everytime I try save some bull**** happens, you'd be fed up I swear to god

"It's the principle" - f.cuk off.

Also, people who do that annoying whistle when they talk. And clicking dentures. And saying "yes" as they inhale. And who talk pure shíte.

good to have you back OldNotWise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Ha ha I thought it was just me who thought stuff like that! For me when I see Boom_Bap I sing that Boom Clap by Charlie XCX :)

• Advertisement

good to have you back OldNotWise

Aw thanks. Bender finished. :D

73Cat must have a look at the Charlie XCX song hugely preferable to a dodgy 90's tween band

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Trying to find boxes for putting stuff in cause I'm moving house is proving tricky :(

ARGGHH. My computer ismy big TA today.

Cleaned cache ,history etc ran updates, 167 or something like that, took for ever, computer still running like a Sloth on Valium :mad:

It will be like a scene from Office Space, here later, if this abomination dosen't buck its ideas up, sledge hammer to the ready

oh Dear Lexie, yo should book a taxi right away...

Cormac... wrote: »
    Trying to find boxes for putting stuff in cause I'm moving house is proving tricky :(

Which reminds me of another TA. You don't realise how much cráp you have until you move :(

TA Fleas :( The poor cat is scratching like crazy so I dosed with flea treatment but one of the delightful little sods has had a lovely nibble on my leg :(

In my quest to find the perfect over the knee boot, I stumbled across an entire new website. Super cheap too, with high boots flat boots over the knee boots high heels, sandals. Good lord. It's either a feast or a famine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Which reminds me of another TA. You don't realise how much cráp you have until you move :(

I hate having to sort through stuff, but it's kind of liberating throwing stuff out. Luckily I have some friends and family to help.... now if only I could get me some boxes :confused:

• Advertisement

Cormac ask at your local supermarket

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement