Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

I'm in Limerick, and visited the capital for a few days. People in work saying to me the next day "Oh you went down to Dublin did you?"

No, I went UP to Dublin. Really annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'm in Limerick, and visited the capital for a few days. People in work saying to me the next day "Oh you went down to Dublin did you?"

No, I went UP to Dublin. Really annoying.

The railways designated the line used from Limerick to Dublin as the down line. Hence down to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

In dire need for a lemsip yesterday, popping into my local chemist getting charged E6.29 for the 5 pack of Max strength, shopping into Aldi today seeing the exact same on at the cash register for E3.99, shop local indeed..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

The queue to tag off at the luas stop. Or should I say the non-queue, as people just bundle around it all waving their cards and gobshi.tes trying to push their card over yours before you've tagged off. It takes a full second to tag off. Silly bint tried to tag off as I was doing it this morning so I had to practically hold her off with the elbow of the same arm I was tagging off with until it was done. What an idiot. Then she tried to say something smart, at least she gaped a bit like a fish. I can't hear you I have headphones on ah la la laaaaaa!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

People who moan on and on and on and on and on, then when I try to give them a solution that would end the moaning in 2 seconds, they interrupt to keep moaning. You'll get a slap in the bake if I ever meet ye!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

danrua01 wrote: »
    People who moan on and on and on and on and on, then when I try to give them a solution that would end the moaning in 2 seconds, they interrupt to keep moaning. You'll get a slap in the bake if I ever meet ye!

This reminds me of people that don't take your advice the first time, then come back a second time with the same problem, so you give them the same advice again, and do they put it into practice this time? Do they fcuk, couple of weeks later, back with the same problem again, and then the classic -

"You're not listening to meeeee".

I've listened to them numerous times already, I usually record my meetings with people, I'm thinking perhaps I should just play them back to them instead of wasting my time going back over things again and again every couple of weeks!

Also, nobody wants to go to Taylor Swift with me, I said I'd pay for the tickets and all, but nooooo... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

Also, nobody wants to go to Taylor Swift with me, I said I'd pay for the tickets and all, but nooooo... :(

I'd love to go with you!! I LOVE Taylor Swift!! There I said it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    The queue to tag off at the luas stop. Or should I say the non-queue, as people just bundle around it all waving their cards and gobshi.tes trying to push their card over yours before you've tagged off. It takes a full second to tag off. Silly bint tried to tag off as I was doing it this morning so I had to practically hold her off with the elbow of the same arm I was tagging off with until it was done. What an idiot. Then she tried to say something smart, at least she gaped a bit like a fish. I can't hear you I have headphones on ah la la laaaaaa!

Yeah, sorry about that :D...

This reminds me of people that don't take your advice the first time, then come back a second time with the same problem, so you give them the same advice again, and do they put it into practice this time? Do they fcuk, couple of weeks later, back with the same problem again, and then the classic -

"You're not listening to meeeee".

I've listened to them numerous times already, I usually record my meetings with people, I'm thinking perhaps I should just play them back to them instead of wasting my time going back over things again and again every couple of weeks!

I'll go with you. We can get the bus there ;)

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Yeah, sorry about that :D...

...sharpens elbows... :D

• Advertisement

...sharpens elbows... :D

Practises fishlike opening and closing of mouth... :D

Hmmm...

No, no, too early for those kind of thoughts :pac:

Turns up volume on headphones... :D

Hmmm...

No, no, too early for those kind of thoughts :pac:

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Got a text from my local garage to remind me I need to get a service. They spelled 'your' as "ur". Probably to keep within the 160 character limit, but still... :mad:

When you don't quite have a hangover but kind of do. You know the way it is - feel fine and then bam - wave of nausea. Feel fine again then feel a wave of seediness creeping up.... Grrr...

Salt and grease will either kill or cure me now.... Not sure what to do. Starve the hangover out or take a risk with a few sausages and bacon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

There's a lad I see in college who wears a gold watch on the cuff of his jumper. He has to make sure everyone sees his watch, you know?

Just like another lad who wears a sleeveless vest in the winter to show off his new tattoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

ONW - fruit (for some reason pineapple and grapes in particular) is amazing for hangovers!

It's annoying how absolutely everything's making me feel sick lately. I eat, I'm sick, then I'm okay. Last night when the OH collected me from train, we went for food. I wasn't that hungry so I only had shredded chicken no chips or rice or anything. When we were about to leave I felt horrid nauseous, and then the waiter brought sweet and sour something to another table and I thought I was going to retch right there on the spot. I barely made it to the bathroom. I've never thought sweet and sour could smell so strong it was disgusting.

and what was even more annoying was some bitch came to use the toilet (there's only one in this Chinese) and she obviously knew I was in there because I had the tap running when I was sick so nobody would hear, and then she started rattling on the handle, and then as I was washing my hands and all, I could hear her clearing her throat with those "hurry up" coughs.

Ffs I wouldn't mind if I was ages in there I was literally only in there a few seconds before she arrived

ONW - fruit (for some reason pineapple and grapes in particular) is amazing for hangovers!

It's annoying how absolutely everything's making me feel sick lately. I eat, I'm sick, then I'm okay. Last night when the OH collected me from train, we went for food. I wasn't that hungry so I only had shredded chicken no chips or rice or anything. When we were about to leave I felt horrid nauseous, and then the waiter brought sweet and sour something to another table and I thought I was going to retch right there on the spot. I barely made it to the bathroom. I've never thought sweet and sour could smell so strong it was disgusting.

and what was even more annoying was some bitch came to use the toilet (there's only one in this Chinese) and she obviously knew I was in there because I had the tap running when I was sick so nobody would hear, and then she started rattling on the handle, and then as I was washing my hands and all, I could hear her clearing her throat with those "hurry up" coughs.

Ffs I wouldn't mind if I was ages in there I was literally only in there a few seconds before she arrived

I would have purposely delayed, touched up makeup etc. An ignoramus like that deserves to be left outside a toilet.

I was paranoid that if I spent too long in the bathroom shed think I pooped and I would have to walk out past her scarlet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Do you maybe have some food intolerance? These can develop even if you never had an intolerance before?

It's all about electrolytes! I think them, like coconut water, replace a lot of sodium and potassium, which is what your brain is starved of when you drink.

So get the coconut water down ye!

When companies (I think Velia might be one) put up signs saying they will "press for the highest possible penalty" for people who do x,y or z. It doesn't even make sense. This is a matter for the judge to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

My TA for today (well, my first one).

Shop staff being made wear Santa hats............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Mysteries:
    Does Lexie have a parasite?
    What was the good news someone had yesterday?
    Or were there two people with news they wouldn't tell us?
    Who is Lexie's stalker?

When you want something in a particular size and you ask an assistant, "have you got this in size 12" - the glazed over "I will not help you" look they get around about where the bold text ends and then follow up with, "nah it's just what's out" - that's TA'ing.

When companies (I think Velia might be one) put up signs saying they will "press for the highest possible penalty" for people who do x,y or z. It doesn't even make sense. This is a matter for the judge to decide.

Is that on the Luas?
    I sometimes wonder, when someone doesn't have a ticket, what happens if they give a fake name and address?

(P.S. I have an annual ticket, I don't have to tag off :D)

Is that on the Luas?
    I sometimes wonder, when someone doesn't have a ticket, what happens if they give a fake name and address?

(P.S. I have an annual ticket, I don't have to tag off :D)

Well nothing happened to me. Can't say the same for the lady who ratted me up to my previous LL for having a cat...she doesn't even recall travelling on the luas that day :D

(joke)

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    My TA for today (well, my first one).

Shop staff being made wear Santa hats............

I'm ashamed to admit I broke into a bit of a Christmas song this morning, but managed to catch myself before anyone heard me, I don't know what came over me! :o

I've administered plenty of Christmas begrudgery in the meantime to make sure it doesn't happen again :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

People telling me I should get those beard decoration things going for Christmas. Not happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Christmas jumper day in work - it's not fun, it's just silly. All the suits still walk around like they have a metre stick wedged up their arse even when the suit jacket is replaced by a poor quality novelty jumper.

People who tap or drum their fingers trying to hurry me up.
    I
    will
    go.........
    f.ucking................
    slower...........................
    when.................................
    you......................................
    do...............................................
    th...............a.......................t :rolleyes:

People who tap or drum their fingers trying to hurry me up.
    I
    will
    go.........
    f.ucking................
    slower...........................
    when.................................
    you......................................
    do...............................................
    th...............a.......................t :rolleyes:

It's a TWITCH!

Christmas jumper day in work - it's not fun, it's just silly. All the suits still walk around like they have a metre stick wedged up their arse even when the suit jacket is replaced by a poor quality novelty jumper.

Pffffft
    Christmas jumpers. Ridiculous grownups trying to be kids again. We could have fed every starving child in the world for a week* with the amount of money we waste on christmas f.ucking jumpers.

*proper stats sourced directly from my head :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Gowls on the wireless blathering on about donating cows to Africa. "Did you know that an African cow produces one gallon of milk, whereas an Irish cow produces 20??" That's right yes, a healthy Holstein Friesian in Tipperary, you know, the heart of the Golden Vale with the chalky soil and the rain and the turn-around-for-five-minutes-and-you've-got-two-feet-of-meadow. Gobsheens! :pac:

• Advertisement

Pushy people, who have problems taking orders from someone younger than them. I have a girl here who is constantly trying to push sales and extra treatments on clients. I've told her not to do it. I don't want this salon to known as being pushy. Yet today, we had a client who had 3 things booked in for this morning, then she cancelled two things and kept one thing. Today, even though that lady wasn't in with her, she went over and asked her if she'd like to have the treatments that she cancelled.

Another lady was in about two weeks ago, had stuff done and this girl was trying to push products on her. The girl told her twice she was on a budget. Then she said to get her boyfriend to buy them for christmas. That lady hasn't been back since:

How many times do people need to be told?

jimgoose wrote: »
    Gowls on the wireless blathering on about donating cows to Africa. "Did you know that an African cow produces one gallon of milk, whereas an Irish cow produces 20??" That's right yes, a healthy Holstein Friesian in Tipperary, you know, the heart of the Golden Vale with the chalky soil and the rain and the turn-around-for-five-minutes-and-you've-got-two-feet-of-meadow. Gobsheens! :pac:

Yeah, I was wondering about that. If you bring a well-bred, well fed, healthy young Irish cow, and you stick it on the edge of the Kalahari, I would be surprised if it lived, never mind continued to produce twenty times more milk that the African cow..

Pushy people, who have problems taking orders from someone younger than them. I have a girl here who is constantly trying to push sales and extra treatments on clients. I've told her not to do it. I don't want this salon to known as being pushy. Yet today, we had a client who had 3 things booked in for this morning, then she cancelled two things and kept one thing. Today, even though that lady wasn't in with her, she went over and asked her if she'd like to have the treatments that she cancelled.

Another lady was in about two weeks ago, had stuff done and this girl was trying to push products on her. The girl told her twice she was on a budget. Then she said to get her boyfriend to buy them for christmas. That lady hasn't been back since:

How many times do people need to be told?

Can I get a hair cut?

If this gal tries and sells me anything I'll give her a swift left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

That idiot water protest group paying for members of a Detroit water protest group to fly to Ireland. What the actual fcuk is that about? There are homeless people on the streets of this country. There are people living in abject poverty and the absolute cnuts organising these protests in Dublin think it's a fcuking great idea to bring some random strangers to Ireland for a jolly. I didn't think I could have any less respect for them until they pulled that stunt. Pricks.:mad:

All these Young ones watching a couple of YouTube tutorials and calling themselves MUAs. The absolute state of them. Dear Jesus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

All these Young ones watching a couple of YouTube tutorials and calling themselves MUAs. The absolute state of them. Dear Jesus

What's a "MUA", is it like a Chungwan, or is it more of a Ditch-Pig?? :pac:

"Makeup Artist". Chungwans is right

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭susiewoosie

People who pat me on the head... I'm 4'11'' and its annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Men with facial hair constantly stroking it.
    Grown men on pedal bikes cycling with no hands, what focking age are ya?
    People whining non stop about being sick.
    Chewing gum like a retard.

jimgoose wrote: »
    What's a "MUA", is it like a Chungwan, or is it more of a Ditch-Pig?? :pac:

I thought it was some sort of Martial Art:D

I'm all for the water protests etc and would love if IW was enda's downfall but there is a photo in a newspaper beginning with H of a protestor who was charged with assault and I swear, the self-righteous f.uckin gob on her makes me twitch with annoyance.

People who say "yeah" all the time.

"You go down there, yeah, turn left, yeah, cross the road yeah, it's on the right, yeah, you can't miss it, yeah, she loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah...."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Yeah..I know what ya mean like...:D

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    People who say "yeah" all the time.

"You go down there, yeah, turn left, yeah, cross the road yeah, it's on the right, yeah, you can't miss it, yeah, she loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah...."

Or people who keep checking in to make sure you are still listening, constantly stopping to say "right?" in between every sentence and you have to give some form of verbal assurance. Ignoring them doesn't work. They will just panic and start saying, "hello? hello?! Can you hear me?!". F.uckers.

Protestors with masking tape on their mouths that say, "I can't breathe". Again, I support their cause, but it's the incorrectness that annoys me. They can breathe, unless they don't have noses.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement