Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Seeing my OH's eyes totally glaze over when I tell him something fascinating. Somebody once made a big picture out of tumble dryer fluff and I was bitching that we only ever have the one colour fluff.
    My 3 yr old has clung to me like a limpet all day, after being awake much of the night , as per usual. If I hear Mammy one more time I'll be found wandering. These days I actually pretend to need the toilet to hopefully get a few minutes peace. It's a good job I love her !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

That would just me (and the cat). I'm so getting a sanctuary shed.

You're lucky! At least you have the cat. Even my dog is a bitch. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

73Cat wrote: »
    Seeing my OH's eyes totally glaze over when I tell him something fascinating. Somebody once made a big picture out of tumble dryer fluff and I was bitching that we only ever have the one colour fluff.
    My 3 yr old has clung to me like a limpet all day, after being awake much of the night , as per usual. If I hear Mammy one more time I'll be found wandering. These days I actually pretend to need the toilet to hopefully get a few minutes peace. It's a good job I love her !

I don't know how mothers aren't signed in somewhere. I went for lunch with my cousin and her little one today. She's two. Just getting the swing of this ralking business. We all had food. She wouldn't sit in the high chair, she was going to sit next to me instead, that was grand. Then she wanted my chips, then some of my rice. Her mam pointed out she had her own dinner. "I want lexie wice". So she had Lexie's rice. Then it was icecream time, time to colour, time to play with the dog, time to play with the ball, then she wanted to sit on my knee and pretend I was a horse, and then she screamed at me not to leave. I don't particularly like kids but I'll be damned if they're easy to say no to :( I don't know how people put up with that 24/7

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Come home work today, notice the house was like a bomb had hit it.
    I immediately knew that a friend of the missus and her 2 kids were over visiting. Her 2 kids are little f*cking animals, I find it hard not to hit them with a sly boot in the face. My kids are no angels, but they know to respect things, boundaries and not to try break everything they see.
    And also not to be whiney little c*nts like these 2. I know its not the kids fault they have ended up like this, all down to the parents, they are a couple that just shouldn't have reproduced.
    Thankfully I had to stay a bit later in work, if I had of witnessed them destroying the house I would have done some actual parenting on them.

And the TA,the parents know themselves that their kids are little f*cknuggets.

So instead of climbing into my fleece, having a laugh with my kids,putting the kids to bed, getting a bite to eat, I'm cleaning finger paint off walls and trying to find pieces of the scalextrx track. I haven't even started looking for the remotes yet. And I have no idea what the brown stuff on the rug is. I know it's going to be sh*t. I just know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I immediately knew that a friend of the missus and her 2 kids were over visiting. Her 2 kids are little f*cking animals, I find it hard not to hit them with a sly boot in the face. My kids are no angels, but they know to respect things, boundaries and not to try break everything they see.
    And also not to be whiney little c*nts like these 2. I know its not the kids fault they have ended up like this, all down to the parents, they are a couple that just shouldn't have reproduced.
    Thankfully I had to stay a bit later in work, if I had of witnessed them destroying the house I would have done some actual parenting on them.

So instead of climbing into my fleece, having a laugh with my kids,putting the kids to bed, getting a bite to eat, I'm cleaning finger paint off walls and trying to find pieces of the scalextrx track. I haven't even started looking for the remotes yet. And I have no idea what the brown stuff on the rug is. I know it's going to be sh*t. I just know it.

You poor thing, if they came to my house she would be told to control her kids. It pisses me off that people think its ok to let their kids run wild around other peoples houses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Spend ages unpeeling an orange/clementine/mandarin only for it to taste shíte!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

A flippin "scobie" walking across the road in front of me yesterday, cap to the side hoodie with some logo on tracksuit bottoms tucked into the white socks with the runners on, with the can red bull, with the stride (you know, the stride)
    the bugger must have been in his mid to late 50's, I nearly crashed lookin at him in me rearview mirror, with a WTF.
    a new slant on the aging disgracefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

When you're out for a stroll in the evening and you see a dodgy looking type running, can't tell if they're out running for exercise or fleeing the scene of a crime.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Jaysus......its annoying me that nothing is annoying me lately!! HELP!!!!!! :-D

• Advertisement

Past few days I've been in an absolute fouler. Nothing's wrong but everything is bugging me. I don't want to talk to my best friend, I'm furious with her over something stupid, so im just blanking her, she knows something is wrong but isn't sure what so she keeps sending stupid snap chats and texts trying to goade me into conversation, that doesn't work she's writing to my cousin (another of ny best friends) to see what's wrong and that's doing my head in but I can't tell her why I'm upset with her because I know it's a stupid reason and it'll sound worse when I say it out loud.

I got my nails done again today and trying to readjust texting on a touch screen with them is headwrecking I feel like flinging it at a wall

People are just being mean, knowing I'm in bad form and deliberately trying to get a rise out of me.

And the hose on the shower was leaking so I bought a new one. It was so hard to unscrew the old one so when I finally did get it off and tried put the new one on all the water started spraying out of the wrong end of the hose and drowned me so I hammered the head of the shower off the ground in temper so that's probably in ****e too

And stupid auto correct.

God I wish I could drink. It's a 2 bottle of wine and 4 Valium kind of night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Past few days I've been in an absolute fouler. Nothing's wrong but everything is bugging me. I don't want to talk to my best friend, I'm furious with her over something stupid, so im just blanking her, she knows something is wrong but isn't sure what so she keeps sending stupid snap chats and texts trying to goade me into conversation, that doesn't work she's writing to my cousin (another of ny best friends) to see what's wrong and that's doing my head in but I can't tell her why I'm upset with her because I know it's a stupid reason and it'll sound worse when I say it out loud.

I got my nails done again today and trying to readjust texting on a touch screen with them is headwrecking I feel like flinging it at a wall

People are just being mean, knowing I'm in bad form and deliberately trying to get a rise out of me.

And the hose on the shower was leaking so I bought a new one. It was so hard to unscrew the old one so when I finally did get it off and tried put the new one on all the water started spraying out of the wrong end of the hose and drowned me so I hammered the head of the shower off the ground in temper so that's probably in ****e too

And stupid auto correct.

And you'd most likely be dead after that. Sometimes I wonder if you post things like this just for attention. Seriously.

fussyonion wrote: »
    And you'd most likely be dead after that. Sometimes I wonder if you post things like this just for attention. Seriously.

No actually, you wouldn't be dead after that. Not that it would be a good idea to do it. If you have a problem with my post, report it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

i hate my car!!!

got a new gearbox in october, NOW I HAVE TO REPLACE THE WHOLE CLUTCH KIT FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK OOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

danrua01 wrote: »
    i hate my car!!!

got a new gearbox in october, NOW I HAVE TO REPLACE THE WHOLE CLUTCH KIT FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK OOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

What mileage was on it? If high-ish, a clutch-kit should probably have gone into it as a matter of course while the 'box was dropped out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

danrua01 wrote: »
    i hate my car!!!

In all fairness.....it's usually standard practice to replace clutch when replacing the gearbox....as it costs more im labour to reopen it than the part (unless yoave to do flywheel again)

• Advertisement

In all fairness.....it's usually standard practice to replace clutch when replacing the gearbox....as it costs more im labour to reopen it than the part (unless yoave to do flywheel again)

Yeah...I'm annoyed that it wasn't all done in the first place. These lads are... or WERE reliable...used them for 20 years or so and never a bother, but in the last year they must all have got hooked on heroin or somethin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

!!!!!!SNORING!!!!!!!!

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Srameen don't get me started on snoring. My beloved husband snores sound like a freight train.
    Combined with my insomnia is any wonder I'm cranky :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Srameen don't get me started on snoring. My beloved husband snores sound like a freight train.
    Combined with my insomnia is any wonder I'm cranky :D:D:D

I have a friend who snores like two chainsaws mating. (as I describe it!!) You can hear her all over the house. And I slag her off for it. She and her husband got revenge on me a couple of years ago when I passed out asleep from drink, snored like THREE chainsaws mating and they recorded it and played it back to me the next day!! :o

Aglomerado Lol ! Tuesday is his day off but I work on Tuesdays. I'm sitting in the kitchen listening to the radio and I can hear him over the sound of the radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who pronounce "sixth" as "sicth". Does my head in and it seems to be on the increase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dog of Tears

I feel your pain.

Have similar issues with other people's kids running amuck around our house on a regular basis.

Parents just arrive in and release the little feckers and then sit down at the kitchen table. They seem to be under the impression that they can just leave their kids to do what-ever-the-fcuk they want to do without any supervision what-so-ever.

It really annoys the fcuk out of me and shows a total lack of respect for our property. I'd never dream of letting our kids run around without keeping an eye on what they were up to and my kids and about a bazillion times better behaved than these particular little tykes.

They're in-laws so I just about manage to bite my tongue in the interests of keeping the peace, but I come damn close to snapping some times.

The last time they arrived just after we finished a big tidy up operation. 'Little Fcuker 1' stomps into the living room, picks up large box of lego, upends it over his head spreading hundreds of blocks everywhere and just marches off to find something else to wreck. His parents observe all of this and just smile and shrug their shoulders.

Some people just have an incredible blind-spot when it comes to their kids. We don't all find them adorable little angels just because you happen to.

Getting angry now just thinking about this again!!!:mad::mad::mad:

I feel your pain.

Have similar issues with other people's kids running amuck around our house on a regular basis.

Parents just arrive in and release the little feckers and then sit down at the kitchen table. They seem to be under the impression that they can just leave their kids to do what-ever-the-fcuk they want to do without any supervision what-so-ever.

It really annoys the fcuk out of me and shows a total lack of respect for our property. I'd never dream of letting our kids run around without keeping an eye on what they were up to and my kids and about a bazillion times better behaved than these particular little tykes.

They're in-laws so I just about manage to bite my tongue in the interests of keeping the peace, but I come damn close to snapping some times.

The last time they arrived just after we finished a big tidy up operation. 'Little Fcuker 1' stomps into the living room, picks up large box of lego, upends it over his head spreading hundreds of blocks everywhere and just marches off to find something else to wreck. His parents observe all of this and just smile and shrug their shoulders.

Some people just have an incredible blind-spot when it comes to their kids. We don't all find them adorable little angels just because you happen to.

Getting angry now just thinking about this again!!!:mad::mad::mad:

I had all that for years with my sister in law, I did snap one day and put her in her place. She left with the kids and it took her a while to cool down but when they visit now she won't let them move and that's how I like it. People have some cheek. I know I sound narky but I brought my kids up to respect our home and their stuff and I expect the same from others.

Dog of Tears my mother calls them free range children.

Dog of Tears my mother calls them free range children.

Thats gas! the perfect name:)

Zanablue :D usually followed by If they were mine they'd get a clip round the ear.

Zanablue :D usually followed by If they were mine they'd get a clip round the ear.

That's so funny and I totally agree with her:D

Zanablue We call her Mamo and she is great craic. Loves us all dearly but doesn't take any nonsense from us.
    I'm 39 and She still tells me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Unnecessary pluralisation of words. Foods. Foodstuffs. Plural verbiosis I believe? Maddening.

Also generally unnnecessary words: Cutbacks - why not cuts?

Weather conditions - why not weather?

Meet with instead of just "meet"

For free - can simply be "free" (or "for nothing" if you want to use "for" that badly)

Safe haven is simply a haven.

Also "pre-prepared" - is this more prepared than just "prepared"?

I feel a seething, burning resentment inside for anyone who uses these unnecessary words :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

My clutch pedal, started sqeaking today.
    Indicator bulb went today.
    Reg bulb went today.

A trip to Halfords at lunch time to go in, buy lots of random stuff and not what I originally went in for.

@jimgoose - your a chap that has knowledge of the workings of cars ->squeaky clutch pedal, would that just be a WD40 job or a sign of anything worse to come?

Oh, and the other car got a service and a once over yesterday. About a grands worth of wear and tear stuff to be fixed up on it. The sly git in the garage was 'trying to do us a favour' by taking the car off our hands for about a grand.

• Advertisement

...@jimgoose - your a chap that has knowledge of the workings of cars ->squeaky clutch pedal, would that just be a WD40 job or a sign of anything worse to come....

A rather odd squeak when the clutch is pressed that most definitely wasn't there before? The last time I encountered that it was an early sign of an expiring release-bearing. What mileage is on that clutch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

The landlord is here with a couple of guys to paint. I'm worried about the spider who's lived in the corner of the bathroom for the last six months. She dug herself a little hole in the soft plaster there so I hope she'll be able to stay out of the way. Poor Charlotte :( .

And I'm TA'd that we were given about two minutes notice before they showed up. Well, I suppose we technically had six months' notice, because he first mentioned painting about six months ago.

And stupid auto correct.

I'm on a detox, it's vile. After being on a two week bender that nearly ended my personal life, college, job etc, there was nothing else for it. Day two without booze and zanax. Feeling weirdly tuned in and alive. Want....to....retreat.... :(

jimgoose wrote: »
    A rather odd squeak when the clutch is pressed that most definitely wasn't there before? The last time I encountered that it was an early sign of an expiring release-bearing. What mileage is on that clutch?

Yep, it's a new noise.....or maybe I'm not listening to music as loud as I normally do :)
    It's when I press the clutch down, and a bit on release as well.
    Over 100k on the clutch at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I still feel like vomiting after witnessing the antics of a couple on the Luas yesterday evening.

Crusty looking pair, him with mad eyes! She sits in the pair of seats beside mine and proceeds to pull out a take away box and chopsticks and starts chowing down on a load of smelly noodles. It seemed to be some kind of magic box that looked small but actually contained a kilo's worth of noodles because it felt like she was at it forever.

He stood opposite her and pulled out a toasted sandwich wrapped in clingfilm and proceeded to make love to it. I've never seen someone so engrossed in a sandwich before. There were crumbs going everywhere and every so often he would have a good old brush of his beard, scarf and clothes to ensure they were distributed all over the floor around him, rather than on him.

He finished first and spent the rest of the time staring her out of it while she massacred her noodles. Every so often he woul crack a big smile at her and give her a thumbs up sign and ask her was she enjoying them and she would answer yes with her mouth full.

She then finished, wrapped up her little box and distributed all of the noddles that had fallen on her all over the floor to join his crumbs.

AND THEN the final insult! They started snogging and my gag reflex started to leap into action.

And all the while, to add insult to injury, despite having earphones in I can clearly hear the music from the earphones of the bloke sitting beside me.

There are some majorly sick b*stards out there!

oh my god Vel you poor thing. I feel nauseous just reading that.

Vel wrote: »
    I still feel like vomiting after witnessing the antics of a couple on the Luas yesterday evening.

Crusty looking pair, him with mad eyes! She sits in the pair of seats beside mine and proceeds to pull out a take away box and chopsticks and starts chowing down on a load of smelly noodles. It seemed to be some kind of magic box that looked small but actually contained a kilo's worth of noodles because it felt like she was at it forever.

He stood opposite her and pulled out a toasted sandwich wrapped in clingfilm and proceeded to make love to it. I've never seen someone so engrossed in a sandwich before. There were crumbs going everywhere and every so often he would have a good old brush of his beard, scarf and clothes to ensure they were distributed all over the floor around him, rather than on him.

He finished first and spent the rest of the time staring her out of it while she massacred her noodles. Every so often he woul crack a big smile at her and give her a thumbs up sign and ask her was she enjoying them and she would answer yes with her mouth full.

She then finished, wrapped up her little box and distributed all of the noddles that had fallen on her all over the floor to join his crumbs.

AND THEN the final insult! They started snogging and my gag reflex started to leap into action.

And all the while, to add insult to injury, despite having earphones in I can clearly hear the music from the earphones of the bloke sitting beside me.

There are some majorly sick b*stards out there!

I had a mild heart attack when I read that until I remembered it was last week...and I'm not a crusty :D

Yep, it's a new noise.....or maybe I'm not listening to music as loud as I normally do :)
    It's when I press the clutch down, and a bit on release as well.
    Over 100k on the clutch at this stage.

Yes, I encountered it on a 3l Jag that was starting to pound its clutch into submission after 130,000 miles. Get an actual mechanic to have a look at it, but I suspect the release-bearing. Budget for a clutch-kit as well while it's split - it'll make a new car of it.

Meghan Trainor. Her nose. The stupid way she moves and makes silly faces trying to be sexy. And the Silly clothes she wears that just don't flatter her at all.

• Advertisement

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Meghan Trainor. Her nose. The stupid way she moves and makes silly faces trying to be sexy. And the Silly clothes she wears that just don't flatter her at all.

That nose is quite impressive alright. Reminds me of the intro sequence to Yes Minister. :pac:

Yes, I encountered it on a 3l Jag that was starting to pound its clutch into submission after 130,000 miles. Get an actual mechanic to have a look at it, but I suspect the release-bearing. Budget for a clutch-kit as well while it's split - it'll make a new car of it.

Cheers for that jimmy. I might be getting rid of it soon dependig on some other irons in the works I have. So I may just leave and get any potential buyer to take a look at the bearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

She just makes me think of an obnoxious sorority girl who thinks she's a lot better looking than she actually is. Her voice is awful too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

She's a big heffer who is trying to get the message across that it's ok to be overweight, while simultaneously deriding "skinny bitches". I hate her and her stupid song!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

She's a big heffer who is trying to get the message across that it's ok to be overweight, while simultaneously deriding "skinny bitches". I hate her and her stupid song!

I'd hardly call her a heifer; she doesn't look fat to me.
    But I do agree that she went about it the wrong way; singing about sticking up for big girls while at the same time lambasting skinny girls.
    She'll be a one-hit wonder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Harsh.

• Advertisement

That's a bit harsh alright, doesn't look like a "big heffer" to me...

Vel wrote: »
    I still feel like vomiting after witnessing the antics of a couple on the Luas yesterday evening...

Something needs to be done about that Luas thing, it seems to be just atrocity after atrocity! :pac:

On the subject of heifers, the latest travesty to force me to place my parchments carefully one-side and peer irately over my bifocals at the electrical tellybox device is this "Danger! Amanda At Work!" business. Are we that starved for televisual material and/or "entertainment" that we have to de-mothball this wobbly relic of pre-crash fashionable dumbness to watch her make an even bigger eejit of herself than ever hitherto? Now don't get me wrong, I think Amanda is a fine cut of a gal, and quite nice in her bonnet-ornament bimbette sort of way, but is there any train-wreck some people won't stay out of in their desperate clawing for relevance?? :pac:

I've signed up for one of those 'To Hell & Back' torture events. What have I done?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

On the subject of heifers, the latest travesty to force me to place my parchments carefully one-side and peer irately over my bifocals at the electrical tellybox device is this "Danger! Amanda At Work!" business. Are we that starved for televisual material and/or "entertainment" that we have to de-mothball this wobbly relic of pre-crash fashionable dumbness to watch her make an even bigger eejit of herself than ever hitherto? Now don't get me wrong, I think Amanda is a fine cut of a gal, and quite nice in her bonnet-ornament bimbette sort of way, but is there any train-wreck some people won't stay out of in their desperate clawing for relevance?? :pac:

Who is the Amanda of which you speak?

Not that bleedin Bruncker one, is it?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement