Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Gwan The Boom_Bap !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Who is the Amanda of which you speak?

Not that bleedin Bruncker one, is it?

That's her, yes.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Gwan The Boom_Bap !!!

I hope I dont get my runners dirty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

jimgoose wrote: »
    That's her, yes.

Ah Jim, normally I would slapped you with a gauntlet and offered you a choice of weapons, to duel ( not drool) over the fair maiden, but in this instance, you can have her:D. An awful annoyance of a yoke, famous for being an underage Miss Ireland if my memory serves me correctly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Boy racers and their noisy cars. I don't get the whole noisy exhaust fad. It seems to be a mostly male thing, which as far as I can tell is saying 'hey look, I've got a noisy second hand Toyota/Mitsubishi'. I must be missing whatever it is that's impressive about having a noisy second hand car, but yet there seems to be no end of feeble minded simpletons who want such cars.

Ah Jim, normally I would slapped you with a gauntlet and offered you a choice of weapons, to duel ( nor drool) over the fair maiden, but in this instance, you can have her:D. An awful annoyance of a yoke, famous for being an underage Miss Ireland if my memory serves me correctly?

I shall not duel over the suet-headed simpleton, she is stretching my benign tolerance tighter than the skin of her engorged arse-cheeks, and 'tis not long for the world!

Pumpkinseeds it's to make up for the lack of length in a certain appendage, It's also a mating call from the young males knowns Chungfellas to the young females of this tribe known as Chungwans

Pumpkinseeds it's to make up for the lack of length in a certain appendage, It's also a mating call from the young males knowns Chungfellas to the young females of this tribe known as Chungwans

It's more the plumage of the Chungfellit. The actual mating-call is along the lines of "Daycint! Give 'er shoe an' make 'er Boo, laaaaad!!" :pac:

jimgoose I thought the exhaust noise along with said plummage was to was alert the Chungwans that Chungfellas were in the vicinity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Katie Hopkins needs to be put to sleep with fire

• Advertisement

jimgoose I thought the exhaust noise along with said plummage was to was alert the Chungwans that Chungfellas were in the vicinity.

Theoretically, a loud exhaust would indicate the presence of an expensive aftermarket high-performance stainless-steel exhaust system accompanied by sophisticated modifications to the intake, carburetor jetting or fuel-injection maps, as well as possibly expensive work such as aftermarket cams and so forth. Thus is the owner of the vehicle able to announce to anyone who gives a scuttery fcuk that his <ahem> equipment is more powerful than that of the others. However, what you usually have is a Chungfellit in a shítbox of some kind with a porter-barrel tailpipe that merely makes noise and if anything causes the engine to run too lean and eventually burn exhaust valves, thus announcing that not only is his <ahem> equipment not very powerful, but it will eventually and inevitably break down! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Boy racers and their noisy cars. I don't get the whole noisy exhaust fad. It seems to be a mostly male thing, which as far as I can tell is saying 'hey look, I've got a noisy second hand Toyota/Mitsubishi'. I must be missing whatever it is that's impressive about having a noisy second hand car, but yet there seems to be no end of feeble minded simpletons who want such cars.

Yes, yes a thousand times yes! And I can't stand the cars that make a weird "WOO" noise when they speed up. What is that?!

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Yes, yes a thousand times yes! And I can't stand the cars that make a weird "WOO" noise when they speed up. What is that?!

Variable-vane turbocharger wastegate sound when you come off the throttle. Engineers tune that sound out of them via the exhaust system, tuned back in with aftermarket open pipes by shaven-headed diesel VW Passat/Bora owners because they think it's cool. Related to the "Phssss" sound of a fake turbocharger blowoff valve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Urgh :mad: Boy racers nearly orphaned me. I hate them all. Nothing says "I've a small penis" quite like a noisy exhaust :(

Boys got swag
    Men got class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Unnecessary pluralisation of words. Foods. Foodstuffs. Plural verbiosis I believe? Maddening.
    Also generally unnnecessary words: Cutbacks - why not cuts?
    Weather conditions - why not weather?
    I feel a seething, burning resentment inside for anyone who uses these unnecessary words :(

I never really noticed this whole thing tbh, but yeah, now that I have noticed it, it'll probably annoy me :D
    fussyonion wrote: »
    I'd hardly call her a heifer; she doesn't look fat to me.
    But I do agree that she went about it the wrong way; singing about sticking up for big girls while at the same time lambasting skinny girls.
    She'll be a one-hit wonder.

Skinny Shaming is very in right now
    Boys got swag
    Men got class

I feel like this message would be best presented as an image on Facebook which in reality is just weirdly formatted text on a coloured background with a border.

TA People who quote massive wall-of-text posts when really just the start and finish would have done seeing as the original post is just above it

My partners father, in is 70's, was due to go in for Operation at 8 in the morning.
    Just got a call from the hospital, informing him Op, has been cancelled as there are 30 patients on trollies in the hopsital, and Operations have been cancelled till further notice.
    No indication of when Op may be rescheduled. :mad:

Leo , pull your damn finger out,hire some decent Managers.

FFS

D. An awful annoyance of a yoke, famous for being an underage Miss Ireland

Under age, and under James Nesbitt

( though not necessarily at same time )

Cormac... wrote: »
    I never really noticed this whole thing tbh, but yeah, now that I have noticed it, it'll probably annoy me :D

Skinny Shaming is very in right now

I feel like this message would be best presented as an image on Facebook which in reality is just weirdly formatted text on a coloured background with a border.

TA People who quote massive wall-of-text posts when really just the start and finish would have done seeing as the original post is just above it
    And you'd be correct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

And you'd be correct

I Googled it, it's already a thing

Don't worry cormac if I ever post anything original I'll be sure to ™ it :)

T/A at Fat Shaming and Skinny Shaming. It must hell being a teenage girl, I know I felt uncomfortable and awkward as a teenager. The standard of what is deemed beautiful is ridiculous. tall, thin but curvy, big boobs not too big Long Legs.

The look of surprise on a contestants face, on The Voice/X Factor etc, when they are informed that their "singing" is not up to scratch.

This is usually down to the fact that their Ma/Da/Mates told them they were great.

Wake up, your parents are supposed to encourage you, it doesn't mean you should go on the telly and make a tool of yourself, and have your "talent" slagged......usually by some washed up, talentless gob****e who can't sing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

There's some f.ucker up our way shooting beautiful deer, like every day. Actually, it doesn't just TA me, it makes me f.ucking mad with anger. What is he doing with all the deer? Selling it on the black market? I'm also annoyed that I don't know enough about the law in this regard to know if I can report him, if he needs a license, if he is going above a quota - are there quotas? And, every time he drives past me he f.ucking waves! With the big neanderthal head on him. I wave too...my middle finger :(

I was offered 8 legs of Venison last weekend, for E200 just wondering is that too dear???

(two deer, just in case:mad:, ahh bless)

Last night I went to visit my moms best friend, hadn't seen her in ages and she's great. She got a new puppy, he's super hyper. Anyway my handbag was on the floor next to me.
    Her son was there, and her husband. I know her son years but am still awkward around him. He went from ignoring me as teenagers, to writing to me on Facebook suggesting we go for drinks some time. Anyway, her son notices the dog race across the floor with something in his mouth. "What's that?"
    That. Was a tampon the dog had stolen from my handbag. He seemed embarrased too handing it back to me.

It's TA that as an adult I am still as mortified about that as i would have been if Id been as a chungwan.

Also people eating their lunch as they walk along the street. Stop, chill. How long does it take to sit down and eat, ffs

• Advertisement

eisenberg1 I stopped watching X Factor about 6 or 7 years ago because it exploits kids and vulnerable adults for entertainment so Simon Cowell can make millions.

T/A at Fat Shaming and Skinny Shaming. It must hell being a teenage girl, I know I felt uncomfortable and awkward as a teenager. The standard of what is deemed beautiful is ridiculous. tall, thin but curvy, big boobs not too big Long Legs.

I prefer Teenager Shaming. Now hear this: You are all, regardless of gender or bodymass index, ridiculous incredibly insecure gangly people who smell funny, are apparently unable to dress yourselves properly, cannot afford motor insurance and speak some unfathomable Mork from Ork language that makes you sound very silly. :D

...It's TA that as an adult I am still as mortified about that as i would have been if Id been as a chungwan...

Did I ever tell you you're this decade's answer to Lucy Ricardo? Well you are. You should be in a sitcom, you couldn't write some of that stuff that happens to you regularly! :pac::pac::pac:

jimgoose have you seen Dave Allen's monologue about teenagers ?

jimgoose wrote: »
    Did I ever tell you you're this decade's answer to Lucy Ricardo? Well you are. You should be in a sitcom, you couldn't write some of that stuff that happens to you regularly! :pac::pac::pac:

It's because I'm so careless and lazy. It's such an effort to pre heat an oven, or close my handbag, or tie my shoes.

• Advertisement

This?

Yes! :D

"are you Dave Allen, the comedian with half a finger?"

"No, I am Dave Allen, the comedian with nine and a half fingers":D

jimgoose, eisenberg1 Dave Allen what a fantastic comedian.

Girls constantly hating on other girls. I work with a girl who goes to the gym all the time, constantly on a diet.

We talk about kim kardashian
    "She's the first fat girl to get famous for doing nothing"

We talk about Beyoncé
    "She's pretty for a fat girl."

We talk about Leonardo di caprio tappin rhianna
    "He wouldn't put it in her, she's a fat black girl, c'mon"

I won't be sharing my aero with her anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Using decking for steps to the front door, FFS, if I want to fly i'll put on my blue P.Js with the red cape (and big S) and do it, decking should be banned in this Country, nearly lost my reason there, 14 flippin steps down hill (and all wet n green) to a door, grrrrrr.

Girls constantly hating on other girls. I work with a girl who goes to the gym all the time, constantly on a diet...

"Here, drool into this mains flex for a minute, I want to clean the chimney!" :D

Lexie what a cow ! Is she a frickin supermodel ?

Lexie what a cow ! Is she a frickin supermodel ?

No she's just healthy. at least I know what she thinks of the rest of us that works with her lol

selous wrote: »
    I was offered 8 legs of Venison last weekend, for E200 just wondering is that too dear???

(two deer, just in case:mad:, ahh bless)

Why are you asking me? Do I come across as someone who regularly buys venison from my post? This thread is about being annoying, not antagonistic.

Girls constantly hating on other girls. I work with a girl who goes to the gym all the time, constantly on a diet.

We talk about kim kardashian
    "She's the first fat girl to get famous for doing nothing"

We talk about Beyoncé
    "She's pretty for a fat girl."

We talk about Leonardo di caprio tappin rhianna
    "He wouldn't put it in her, she's a fat black girl, c'mon"

I won't be sharing my aero with her anymore

That sounds like it should be a euphenism for something dirty :pac:

• Advertisement

Some Vegans are Trivially annoying. I'm all for healthy eating but stop preaching. it's difficult enough being coeliac.

That sounds like it should be a euphenism for something dirty :pac:

:D I wonder would that work in a night club

"Hi, can I buy you a drink?"

"No, but I'd love a bit e of yer aero":eek:

Now now E, no biting!

:D I wonder would that work in a night club

"Hi, can I buy you a drink?"

"No, but I'd love a bit e of yer aero":eek:

How's yer Aero for bubbles?? :D

Some Vegans are Trivially annoying. I'm all for healthy eating but stop preaching. it's difficult enough being coeliac.

It works both ways tbh. Annoying vegans are pretty much matched number for number by people who want to shít on their lifestyle choice and pretend to be all offended by them. In fact there was a thread here a while ago with someone basically slating all vegans and trying to claim that they all think they are superior to meat eaters. :(

Now now E, no biting!

I do love a good bite :pac:

Or a 25% extra Yorkie

Big, rich and thick.

Jim, that's how Amanda likes her men.

Or a 25% extra Yorkie

Big, rich and thick.

Makes sense, she's at least two-thirds of the way there herself! :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Or a 25% extra Yorkie

Big, rich and thick.

Yorkie Bars!

When I was younger, they were f*cking huge. They used to have a square per letter Y O R K I E. They only have 5 miserable chunks now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Yorkie Bars!

When I was younger, they were f*cking huge. They used to have a square per letter Y O R K I E. They only have 5 miserable chunks now.
    Id settle for an ORKIE right now:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement