Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Getting old is a definate TA of mine.

My work pants wasn't dry this morning so I had to wear a pair of treggings that I'm bet into, and when I clench my ass muscles, I can actually see cellulite in the mirror. Granny trousers from now on.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

what in the name of Jésús is a 'tregging'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Yorkie Bars!

When I was younger, they were f*cking huge. They used to have a square per letter Y O R K I E. They only have 5 miserable chunks now.

They are text speak now - "YRKIE" :pac:

They're not leggings or jeggings (jeans leggings) they're like trousers material but fit like leggings

http://www.iwearfashion.com/media/catalog/product/cache/2/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/l/e/leather_look_treggings_black_women_treggings_pants.jpg

what in the name of Jésús is a 'tregging'

It's like a Jegging but...not. I don't know where the treg comes from. Actually, where does the Jeg come from? Lexie??

Edit just saw your post, thanks for clearing that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

Crumpets wrote: »
    Sending a risky text to someone and they take hours to reply. Spend all day thinking "fuuuuuuuuck".

My trivial annoyance for today is the fact that this person has still not replied :pac: Oh well, feck it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

They're not leggings or jeggings (jeans leggings) they're like trousers material but fit like leggings

In other words, trousers that are too small and/or don't fit properly. There's only one way to reupholster that orange-peel arse, chungwan - hit the pavement at 6am! :D

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    It's like a Jegging but...not. I don't know where the treg comes from. Actually, where does the Jeg come from? Lexie??

Edit just saw your post, thanks for clearing that!

Leggings
    Tr(ousers)eggings
    Je (ans)ggings

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

My trivial annoyance for today is the fact that this person has still not replied :pac: Oh well, feck it.
    How risky was it Crumpets?...Ya Im being nosey...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

are all the zips optional? or are they part of the tregging design

• Advertisement

jimgoose wrote: »
    In other words, trousers that are too small and/or don't fit properly. There's only one way to reupholster that orange-peel arse, chungwan - hit the pavement at 6am! :D

Ah here, I'm up at 6 to put on my face for work! I can only dedicate my time to one end of me that early in the morning!!

are all the zips optional? or are they part of the tregging design

I don't know actually, now that you mention it. All my ones have zips on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Sent a text.

"Would you like a bit of me Yorkie, g'wan, you know you want it":D

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Sent a text.

"Would you like a bit of me Yorkie, g'wan, you know you want it":D
    My aero is melting ect ect.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Girls constantly hating on other girls. I work with a girl who goes to the gym all the time, constantly on a diet.

We talk about kim kardashian
    "She's the first fat girl to get famous for doing nothing"

We talk about Beyoncé
    "She's pretty for a fat girl."

We talk about Leonardo di caprio tappin rhianna
    "He wouldn't put it in her, she's a fat black girl, c'mon"

I won't be sharing my aero with her anymore

10425515_1580696855499064_875697443996769597_n.jpg?oh=874b1aaa0d933d2a9b50a75392a2b38b&oe=556D0AD2&__gda__=1428740207_6e97560f0d810d62acff2575e8018351

Is it strange that I want to try on a pair of treggings?

Depends....with the fleese???;)

Ah yes, I look exactly like that in mine :pac:

Colser wrote: »
    Depends....with the fleese???;)

Darn tooting.

• Advertisement

DON'T DO IT. That way lies madness. Soon you will be found beached on a sofa, weighing roughly the same as Moby Dick.:eek:

Ah yes, I look exactly like that in mine :pac:

http://cdn4.independent.ie/migration_catalog/Non-Staff/article25091071.ece/25000/ALTERNATES/h342/bbeef_indo

That's more like me in mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

How risky was it Crumpets?...Ya Im being nosey...

I do am nosey, what did it say? I bet it wasn't risqué at all.

TA at the severe lack of Multiquote usage on Boards.ie recently.... it's right over there people -> and it looks like this +"

Also, people who spend all their time focusing on their and others body image usually have suprisingly little to talk about if you tell them not to talk about body image. Next time you're with a gym/health freak etc (a particularly vain, loud, preachy one, not one who just does they thing and gets on with it) tell them you want to talk about something other than body image. Ask them about their other interests and hobbies and passions and desires. Guaranteed all they will come back with is some sort of rubbish tv programming like X-Factor or Soap Operas.... then they'll say they like going clubbing/drinking with their friends (as do most alcohol drinking people).

Anyway after you comment "so you watch TV and go out with your friends?" there's usually a long pause as the deep seeded unhappiness at their current lot in life bubbles to the surface and they find it hard to equate how they think everyone should be like them with how most people, deep down, in fact, don't. Hearing someone who comments on peoples body image that often (we're all not above reproach for being pass remarkable sometimes) say they don't read books and can't remember the last time the watched a moving film or travelled somewhere new is usually a minor victory in my eyes.... and if you look close enough into their eyes, you'll see the shallowly hidden defeat.

If you have the guts, spend 30 minutes at lunch with them and say "can we not talk about the gym or peoples looks for this lunch break, i'd like to talk about something else?". They will forever be 'the person who cannot talk about anything else'. I've done it to particularly nasty, judgemental people and I don't regret a thing, and i'm not a particularly angelic person by any means. But some people take the pi$$ with their jealousy, nasty comments and inability to function in an intelligent society so far removed from the "looks only matter on the red carpet" they see on TV and in magazines. Grand life for some, but don't come rubbing it in other peoples faces..../rant

EDIT: rant wasn't long enough :pac:

My co-workers think i'm a bit stranger than normal today, i've just been googling this type of thing.

http://www.blogcdn.com/main.stylelist.com/media/2010/12/conan-obrien-man-jeggings-590jn120410-1291392206.jpg

I laughed but I dont believe it at all Lexie.:)

TA Ive lost a lot of weight recently (wouldnt recommend how it happened btw) and now Im reading here that being meaty is the new fashion...Why am I always in the wrong place at the wrong time ffs:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

danrua01 wrote: »
    That's a bit harsh alright, doesn't look like a "big heffer" to me...

You're right, probably was a bit harsh! However, is it not equally as harsh for her to sing about "skinny bitches"?

My co-workers think i'm a bit stranger than normal today, i've just been googling this type of thing.

http://www.blogcdn.com/main.stylelist.com/media/2010/12/conan-obrien-man-jeggings-590jn120410-1291392206.jpg

Careful, I got a code red last time I tried that :P

Apparently I was the first employee to set it off (says she proudly) :D

You're right, probably was a bit harsh! However, is it not equally as harsh for her to sing about "skinny bitches"?

It's that unwritten rule that we can say what we like to tall/skinny people but not short/fat people. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

It's that unwritten rule that we can say what we like to tall/skinny people but not short/fat people. :(

Strange one isn't it! You're an overweight singer, fair enough like, no need to sound so jealous by singing about
    "Skinny bitches" though! I wonder what people would think if a song was released with lyrics about " fat bitches"?

• Advertisement

Strange one isn't it! You're an overweight singer, fair enough like, no need to sound so jealous by singing about
    "Skinny bitches" though! I wonder what people would think if a song was released with lyrics about " fat bitches"?

I agree! It's like the way people think they can say to you "skinny bitch" if you lose weight...but they'd never say "Jaysis you really should cut back on the bread" if you put on weight! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

I'm small and round :( I get 'you have such a pretty face you'd look better if you lost a few pounds'
    'you're stylish for a woman of your size'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Leggings
    Tr(ousers)eggings
    Je (ans)ggings

Im learing a lot about fashion on this forum, I now know what treggings are and with (damn good) pictures too.
    Thanks Lexi.
    Learning with Lexi, a new blog perhaps?? ;):eek:

MsBubbles wrote: »
    I'm small and round :( I get 'you have such a pretty face you'd look better if you lost a few pounds'
    'you're stylish for a woman of your size'

What do you say back to that? That's so ignorant. I would cry if someone said that to me and I am not even emotional.

You know what grates on my nerves? All this eyebrow hostility. Usually from girls who can't grow a decent brow to get a decent shape. "Oh I like mine natural". Oh right, do you? FYI caterpillars trying to stand up isn't a "natural shape". Haters gonna hate

I agree! It's like the way people think they can say to you "skinny bitch" if you lose weight...but they'd never say "Jaysis you really should cut back on the bread" if you put on weight! :)
    I can vouch for that ONW...Really getting sick of it tbh.I can only imagine whats being said behind my back because theyre being pretty full on to my face. Anyway all will be revealed to them shortly as to why Im the way I am at the moment and that will give them plenty more hours of gossiping no doubt.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

Trivial, I know but it makes me cringe whenever I hear people say 'slippy' instead of slippery. Even the weatherman on the local radio station warns us of 'slippy road conditions' grrrr get a bloody dictionary. There is no such word as slippy! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Really getting sick of it tbh.I can only imagine whats being said behind my back because theyre being pretty full on to my face. Anyway all will be revealed to them shortly as to why Im the way I am at the moment and that will give them plenty more hours of gossiping no doubt.:rolleyes:

Put it in a completely vague Facebook post or GTFO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Why are you asking me? Do I come across as someone who regularly buys venison from my post? This thread is about being annoying, not antagonistic.

Sorry ONW, it was a joke from the other forum, sorry if it antagonised!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Whenever anyone in work mentions a female celebrity, the 40+ man-child who still lives with his parents and is most likely a vrigin pipes up with:

'I wouldn't touch her with yours'
    'She'd get it'

And I think, but don't say, not if you were the last man on earth and she was a sex-addicted but sadly incapacitated vegetable

Vel what a creep

selous wrote: »
    Sorry ONW, it was a joke from the other forum, sorry if it antagonised!

Ok, sorry for being a crank. :(

• Advertisement

Was there ever a more depressing f.ucking abbatoir of a film than City of Angels?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Was there ever a more depressing f.ucking abbatoir of a film than City of Angels?

Probably, but not too many. Hollywood joke about Nick Cage is, the only role he ever turned down was the one that came with the soup!

Yes. Watership Down.:(

Bambi.

Yes. Watership Down.:(

Oh no. That song Bright Eyes :(

Don't get soft on me OldNotWise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Probably, but not too many. Hollywood joke about Nick Cage is, the only role he ever turned down was the one that came with the soup!

Leave Nicholas Cage alone. Leaving Las Vegas was amazing.

Bambi.

That hit a nerve. I am currently super píssed at whatever inebriate is up my area shooting Bambi every night! (and according to our local ranger, he's not meant to be shooting in the dark er...so to speak)

Don't get soft on me OldNotWise.

Sorry :( I didn't think.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement