Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Sorry :( I didn't think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I'm welling up here watching it :( Must be that time of the month. Damn well better be or I know someone who's for it :mad:

I follow a couple of animal charities on facebook and more than ta about animal cruelty.
    Nearly in tears thinking about those poor Deer OldNotWise

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Sorry :( I didn't think.

lol it's ok :o

I follow a couple of animal charities on facebook and more than ta about animal cruelty.
    Nearly in tears thinking about those poor Deer OldNotWise

There's no end to it. From the issues we have here with puppy farms, putting to sleep of unwanted dogs, the hard life poor old pigeons get with their poor little deformed feet and nobody to help them, fur farms, dog fighting and the use of cats in "baiting", boiling lobsters alive, production of foie gras, halal meat, battery hens, zoos to the likes that China gets away with - selling dogs for meat, keeping bears chained for their bile (last year a mother bear killed her cub and then herself under these conditions) - sigh the list is endless and I try to just help out in my own little corner of the world because when I think about animal abuse as a global issue I get all consumed and over-burdened and can't even function! :(

Oh and the tearing a calf away from it's hysterical mother so that we can have milk in our coffee and veal on our plates :( A mother is a mother regardless of species.

Jesus sometimes I just hate the human race.

I'm exactly the same. I can't wait to go home to see my rescue kitty and cuddle him. He's got me and my OH wrapped around his ginger paws

I'm exactly the same. I can't wait to go home to see my rescue kitty and cuddle him. He's got me and my OH wrapped around his ginger paws

Me too. Sometimes (well usually) seeing my dog is the best part of the day :) (sorry OH lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

eternal wrote: »
    Leave Nicholas Cage alone. Leaving Las Vegas was amazing.

Sure, he has had some good ones. but he has been in a savage amount of crap. Not on his own there, a major annoyance for me is when someone with the talent of Robert DeNiro will star in absolute muck, the man has not made a decent film in years. Ok, steam is starting to come out of my ears, I need to breathe..........:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

selous wrote: »
    Im learing a lot about fashion on this forum, I now know what treggings are and with (damn good) pictures too.
    Thanks Lexi.
    Learning with Lexi, a new blog perhaps?? ;):eek:

We you around for the great pencil skirt debate of '14 and the weighted skirt debate of erm '14?
    I've learned so much.

Where is czechlin.....funny that I haven't seen her here and czechlin2.0 has disappeared as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Whats with some of a certain Irish TV stations news readers saying the word "Controversy" but pronouncing it
    controv-esey, there's a second "r" in it, PROUNOUNCE IT.
    Try saying controversial, without using the second r, nuff said.
    It's very annoying if not Trivially so,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When people pronounce definately as

Deaf-in-eye-at-ley

I always thought that was a joke phrase, like say the phrase "that's pure mule" but apparently not. People pronounce that like its an actual word

Ve-hic-al
    Saf-ety

Or am I only hearing it this way since moving outside the Pale??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    That hit a nerve. I am currently super píssed at whatever inebriate is up my area shooting Bambi every night! (and according to our local ranger, he's not meant to be shooting in the dark er...so to speak)

If the bollocks is shooting deer at night he's definitely illegal and needs a legal Size-12 quaaare lively.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I'm welling up here watching it :( Must be that time of the month. Damn well better be or I know someone who's for it :mad:

Think about the joke about the adorable little eight-year-old girl with a lisp in the petshop looking for a wickle bunny-wabbit. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

When people pronounce definately as

Deaf-in-eye-at-ley

That's because they're choosing to pronounce the 'i' in definitely.

You've misspelled it :pac:

• Advertisement

jimgoose wrote: »
    If the bollocks is shooting deer at night he's definitely illegal and needs a legal Size-12 quaaare lively.

If the guy is shooting at night and you cant hear him, he's using a suppresser or a silencer which are illegal to use here, afaik.
    Or as a guy I know who does the culling (legally) it's a grey area, they're illegal if your caught, not if you don't. says it all about them eh?:mad:

If the guy is shooting at night and you cant hear him, he's using a suppresser or a silencer which are illegal to use here, afaik.
    Or as a guy I know who does the culling (legally) it's a grey area, they're illegal if your caught, not if you don't. says it all about them eh?:mad:

Precisely.

It's still annoying as ****!

Why are different guns used for killing different animals? Surely a gun/bullet is all the same

Why are different guns used for killing different animals? Surely a gun/bullet is all the same

No. An appropriately powerful weapon/cartridge should be used to drop the creature in question instantly. Cartridges range from .17-cal pistol (small projectile, small amount of propellant) to .50-cal BMG a.k.a. Browning Machine-Gun (large projectile, propelled like a naval artillery round) and very many in-between.

• Advertisement

So you couldn't use the same gun for killing a deer that you'd use for shooting a rabbit? And how far will the bullet go if it's not shot at a target? I am fascinated with guns but not for shooting at animals

A grizzly bear will laugh at you if you shoot it with a small handgun, so the bigger the animal the bigger the calibre and so you can kill rather than injure it, if you're at distance that it still has the power to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Hi there, Anyway, I lurk, and as soon as I have discovered a TA that drives me mad, someone else posts the very same feckin thing before me!

TA or what.

So you couldn't use the same gun for killing a deer that you'd use for shooting a rabbit? And how far will the bullet go if it's not shot at a target? I am fascinated with guns but not for shooting at animals

A powerful centrefire rifle, such as a .220 Swift, a .243 Winchester or, saints preserve us, a .50-cal BMG, is accurate out to a thousand yards in the right hands and with suitable optics. The projectile is lethal out to a mile and more.

Here you go lexie and jim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z18mRflJFI

I hope that link works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Do you cut a Pineapple with the same knife as you cut a Tomatoe?

I hope that link works.

The prophet Mo-hammed tells you how and what to eat, who to fcuk, when to pray and how to wipe your ass. But you still need a Texan to show you how to shoot. ;)

Cormac... wrote: »

Yes, sometimes.

I might.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Yes, sometimes.

Something is wrong with your Tomatoe and/or Pineapple.
    Or you just machete the f**k out of everything
    Or else I'm teeing you up to sell you something from an American Infomercial.

"No more changing knives when you cut different foods"
    *show a person failing to cut a lemon and then a potato
    "Now all your cutting needs can be dealt with in one, simple, easy way"

The point is that different tools will implement different amounts of damage depending on the size and the amount of force applied aswell as the resistance to said force.
    Big, heavy, pointy bullet flying VERY Fast will hurt more than a smaller, lighter, rounder bullet flying ever so slightly slower.

PHYSICS FOR THE WIN!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The prophet Mo-hammed tells you how and what to eat, who to fcuk, when to pray and how to wipe your ass. But you still need a Texan to show you how to shoot. ;)

I was taught to shoot by a gun toting Vietnam vet in Michigan in the gun range he built on his farm.
    The 30-30 was the best gun to shoot.....but by golly, I had no aim with it.

I hope that link works.

Well they ain't afghan tribesmen, that's for sure:p

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I was taught to shoot by a gun toting Vietnam vet in Michigan in the gun range he built on his farm.
    The 30-30 was the best gun to shoot.....but by golly, I had no aim with it.

Takes a while. As an old ANZAC put it about the .303 Lee Enfield, "Geddit roight she'll give yer a noice, gentle nudge. Geddit wrong she'll give yer a sock in the fcukin' jaw!" :)

Well they ain't afghan tribesmen, that's for sure:p

That 3rd pasty white guy sounds like he's from a very local tribe and not Afgan.

Something is wrong with your Tomatoe and/or Pineapple.
    Or you just machete the f**k out of everything
    Or else I'm teeing you up to sell you something from an American Infomercial.

"No more changing knives when you cut different foods"
    *show a person failing to cut a lemon and then a potato
    "Now all your cutting needs can be dealt with in one, simple, easy way"

The point is that different tools will implement different amounts of damage depending on the size and the amount of force applied aswell as the resistance to said force.
    Big, heavy, pointy bullet flying VERY Fast will hurt more than a smaller, lighter, rounder bullet flying ever so slightly slower.

PHYSICS FOR THE WIN!

The point is I can cut a tomatoe and a pineapple with the same knife, and do it well. However, you cannot slice a lemon and cut a tree down with the same tool, that is the point.

People insinuating I'm old. Girl in work today kept talking about kids.
    Her: have you got any children?
    Me: no. You?
    Her: God no. I'm only 25!

Cheek of that, implying I'm older

The point is I can cut a tomatoe and a pineapple with the same knife, and do it well. However, you cannot slice a lemon and cut a tree down with the same tool, that is the point.

Best example of semantics I've seen all month :rolleyes:

Yes, I use a dai-Katana. What about it?

Says you, oul' clock tickin' is she? Horse atin' oats? Fierce broody like? Hah? HAH?? Time for buppity-buppity-buppity?? :):):)

• Advertisement

Just jealous she is, that you can still fit in your treggings, has to try a dig at something else, to try and make her feel better.;)

Ok, my next TA is..... when someone does NOT put their cereal/porridge bowl in water IMMEDIATELY after eating.

Then its cement city. WTF

Hard to break in here with the TA veterans.

That is a very TA.

So there!!

Says you, oul' clock tickin' is she? Horse atin' oats? Fierce broody like? Hah? HAH?? Time for buppity-buppity-buppity?? :):):)

wakkkkke 😹😹😹😹

wakkkkke 😹😹😹😹

Gidduptafuggya-CUNSHA!!! ;)

I just realised it being 2015, it's been 10 years since I had my first proper relationship, and I'm the best part of 8 years with the ex. What a waste of a life. The later the day gets the older I feel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

That guy, and it's always a guy, who gets on the train with a musty leather jacket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Hard to break in here with the TA veterans.

That is a very TA.

So there!!

Its a tough crowd in here. You need to complain loud and often to have a chance of survival. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Aidric wrote: »
    That guy, and it's always a guy, who gets on the train with a musty leather jacket.
    Thats mothball guy!He turns up at funerals and wears it on the occasional night out too..that jacket stinks !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Colser wrote: »
    Thats mothball guy!He turns up at funerals and wears it on the occasional night out too..that jacket stinks !

He really loves wearing it on the hottest days of the summer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

He really loves wearing it on the hottest days of the summer too.
    His shirts smell the same tbh

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement