Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

Colser wrote: »
    How risky was it Crumpets?...Ya Im being nosey...

I'd rather not talk about it to be honest :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The smell of cats in a house.
    Sorry cat owners but the house stank of them. I was gagging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

having actually ridiously sensitive skin....its stupid how bad it is:mad:

ran out of the special soap I do be using..so ran into the shops on the way home from work...picked up wrong stuff....so im sitting here covered in hives and red sitchy skin....its fcuking stupid how bad it is....no cream or nothing in the house to calm....just have to wait it out and try keep busy to avoid scrathing it:(:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flood

People who come on the radio and have their own radio on in the background and the echo. Do they like hearing themselves or what.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭I8A4RE

if theres a some coins on the counter, at home, I cant walk past without stacking them in order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I8A4RE wrote: »
    if theres a some coins on the counter, at home, I cant walk past without stacking them in order

Ah, you're CDO as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Srameen now I'm paranoid that my house smells of cat :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

having actually ridiously sensitive skin....its stupid how bad it is:mad:

ran out of the special soap I do be using..so ran into the shops on the way home from work...picked up wrong stuff....so im sitting here covered in hives and red sitchy skin....its fcuking stupid how bad it is....no cream or nothing in the house to calm....just have to wait it out and try keep busy to avoid scrathing it:(:(

My skin has becoming incredible sensitive in the last few years, it's a pain in the as$(skin). My problem is that the soaps and creams I use that work, only work for a few months and then I have to find something else.
    Coconut oil was excellent for a while, now if it touches me I can feel the itch coming on.
    MsBubbles wrote: »
    Srameen now I'm paranoid that my house smells of cat :(

Maybe you smell of cats too, damp leathery wet cats. :pac:

Boom_Bap Noooo. must not make rude joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

The wind, overly attached parents and self entitled aul ones.

The wind was so bad last night. One of the farm gates obviously blew open. Just as I was getting ready for work one of the neighbours called in to tell me he drove into the gate :(

On way to the train I have to pass a primary school. The amount of parents who stall right in the middle of the road to let their child cross is insane. Parents trying to do u-turns right outside the school after drop off, in the middle of congestion, seriously are school buses or the art of walking no longer options for people?

And self entitled aul ones; they may look sweet feeble and cute but move like bullets when they want something. Wouldn't think twice about knocking you out of their way if they want to get onto the train first

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

The smell of cats in a house.
    Sorry cat owners but the house stank of them. I was gagging.

You don't need to apologise to cat owners, not all our houses smell of cats. Do all kid owner's houses smell of nappy shít? Though on the rare occasion I must admit that the prospect that my house might so smell (a la cat as opposed to a la nappy shít) on return from a romantic encounter, it has acted as a wonderful method of birth control...."no I don't think it's a good idea for you to come inside" er...so to speak).

TA my post being innocently and completely unintentionally laced with innuendo (in your endo?!) at such an early hour as this. :(

Edit: the sacred heart lantern is on this morning - I'm off the hook and his head is off the block. Panic attacks yesterday as there seemed to be baby stuff everywhere! Though I'm trivially annoyed at my mild disappointment :(

Speaking of cats the little bugger bite me last night so I'm annoyed at him

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    My skin has becoming incredible sensitive in the last few years, it's a pain in the as$(skin). My problem is that the soaps and creams I use that work, only work for a few months and then I have to find something else.
    Coconut oil was excellent for a while, now if it touches me I can feel the itch coming on.

Maybe you smell of cats too, damp leathery wet cats. :pac:

Did you ever go and see about getting that finger put up your bum? :D

Speaking of cats the little bugger bite me last night so I'm annoyed at him

One of mine scrapped the wrist off me a few days back after the hairdryer noise sent her schizoid. I now look like I self-harm... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Did you ever go and see about getting that finger put up your bum? :D

I wonder if that would sort out my eczema?

I wonder if I should try it myself at my desk, in a meeting or maybe the bathroom. :)

The ex has been texting me non stop. Not really engaging him. Yesterday he said we could go away this weekend. I didn't reply. Now he text asking if I wanted to stay in the G this weekend, shopping and cuddles.

Now, I really want to tell him to rev up and **** off, but part of me thinks that's cutting my nose off to spite my face.

TA that he knows me so well. TA that I'm so predictable. TA that he hasn't seened to grasp this whole "being finished" business. The G though.

The G?

Is this a form of garment?

The G?

http://www.theghotel.ie/m/index.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Cholesterol 6.9. Prison diet for me for 3 months. :-(

• Advertisement

The G?

I thought they were talking about the George. I was trying to figure out how a trip there would mend a straight relationship :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

The ex has been texting me non stop. Not really engaging him. Yesterday he said we could go away this weekend. I didn't reply. Now he text asking if I wanted to stay in the G this weekend, shopping and cuddles.

Now, I really want to tell him to rev up and **** off, but part of me thinks that's cutting my nose off to spite my face.

TA that he knows me so well. TA that I'm so predictable. TA that he hasn't seened to grasp this whole "being finished" business. The G though.

I hope he knew where the G spot was before he became your ex...

TA: It's only Wednesday!!!
    Ok last week in January, I knew you had this in mind, but please stop ddrragggiinnnggg on for so long!!

Someone sneezing beside me not even covering her big fat nose

CREPTILE

Catholic guilt imposed on you by parents. All I can hear right now is my mother's voice telling me the MAP is an abortificient.. and despite my common sense, I feel guilty and sad :( What the f.uck :mad: /headwreck

Catholic guilt imposed on you by parents. All I can hear right now is my mother's voice telling me the MAP is an abortificient.. and despite my common sense, I feel guilty and sad :( What the f.uck :mad: /headwreck

Have 10 bloody Marys as penance....

or is that hail?

ah well...

Umm, I take it we're not talking about Manifold Absolute Pressure, so what's a "MAP"? :confused:

• Advertisement

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Have 10 bloody Marys as penance....

or is that hail?

ah well...

Well, at least I can drink now. :( I was panicking thinking wtf would I do if I was and now I feel sad and empty because I am not. Nothing like having a clear idea of what you want, is there? :rolleyes:

Morning After Pill (I think)

jimgoose wrote: »
    Umm, I take it we're not talking about Manifold Absolute Pressure, so what's a "MAP"? :confused:

Lol, morning after pill, though a more apt description might be "twenty hours after since the morning after you were still shítfaced from the night before" :P

Lol, morning after pill, though a more apt description might be "twenty hours after since the morning after you were still shítfaced from the night before" :P

Ah! Silly me! :D

TA: I've upped the amount of times I play sports during the week to keep fitter, but I've noticed my appetite is insatiable the next morning!
    I've already had porridge, tea, toast, coffee, fry up, fruit and I'm staving for lunch!

• Advertisement

TA: I've upped the amount of times I play sports during the week to keep fitter, but I've noticed my appetite is insatiable the next morning!
    I've already had porridge, tea, toast, coffee, fry up, fruit and I'm staving for lunch!

:D:D that's like a weeks amount of food and you're looking for your lunch already!!

OldNotWise I prefer to call it WTF did I do last night Pill ? ;D

OldNotWise I prefer to call it WTF did I do last night Pill ? ;D

Who or What?

or both!

:D

Lol whiskeyman

Who or What?

or both!

Quite often, "Why?!?" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Bit the inside of BOTH cheeks while eating last night. Ouch. I feel stupid when I do that.

Who or What?

or both!

The WTF was I thinking pill ;)

jimgoose wrote: »
    Quite often, "Why?!?" :D

And sometimes....how?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Bit the inside of BOTH cheeks while eating last night. Ouch. I feel stupid when I do that.

Mental images when I read a post like this... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm a substitute primary school teacher and the last school I was in had lots of kids with a tummy bug.

Woke up this morning feeling crap! But to make matters worse I am going to London on Friday for my friend's hen party!!! I can't be sick!

grrrr schools are disease pits :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

KatW4 wrote: »
    I'm a substitute primary school teacher and the last school I was in had lots of kids with a tummy bug.

Woke up this morning feeling crap! But to make matters worse I am going to London on Friday for my friend's hen party!!! I can't be sick!

This more than TA's me. Why are sick children not sent HOME from school when their inconsiderate lazy ass parents send them in knowing full well their child should be at home?

"Hey lets infect EVERYONE because I dont want to keep my sick child off school" :mad:

I hate this! We had to send children home because they had been sick the night before and that morning! They're 6 years old for gods sake, keep them at home and let them recover. They're not going to fall behind academically from missing a couple of hours colouring!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I hate this! We had to send children home because they had been sick the night before and that morning! They're 6 years old for gods sake, keep them at home and let them recover. They're not going to fall behind academically from missing a couple of hours colouring!

Its something that the schools should really have more power over. The amount of people sending visible unwell small kids into school so that their day isn't bothered or discommoded is infuriating. Kids vommitting, pooping, snotting and wretching all over one another(and tbf small kids aren't great at hand or germ hygiene yet)and then your kid comes home dying. Then you and your whole family gets the lurgy and work is missed in your house? :mad:
    I think I may be more than just TA by this :D

Ladies!! Makeup forever have a 50 euro voucher for sale for 25. I'm so relived I didn't bum my wages on the river island website last night now.

Smidge wrote: »
    Its something that the schools should really have more power over. The amount of people sending visible unwell small kids into school so that their day isn't bothered or discommoded is infuriating. Kids vommitting, pooping, snotting and wretching all over one another(and tbf small kids aren't great at hand or germ hygiene yet)and then your kid comes home dying. Then you and your whole family gets the lurgy and work is missed in your house? :mad:

Ha I think you are alright! But I really don't understand how parents can be that mean to their children. They're too small to handle work and sickness. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Probably, but not too many. Hollywood joke about Nick Cage is, the only role he ever turned down was the one that came with the soup!

:mad:

:mad:

hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

This more than TA's me. Why are sick children not sent HOME from school when their inconsiderate lazy ass parents send them in knowing full well their child should be at home?

"Hey lets infect EVERYONE because I dont want to keep my sick child off school" :mad:

Well I know <snip> send their kids to school sick and hope that they don't get sent home during the day simply because they don't want to miss a day of work themselves and have it docked from their AL. Another thing people obviously don't bloody well consider when they're procreating :rolleyes:

Well I know the mothers I work with send their kids to school sick and hope that they don't get sent home during the day simply because they don't want to miss a day of work themselves and have it docked from their AL. Another thing people obviously don't bloody well consider when they're procreating :rolleyes:

I understand that they don't want to miss work but surely their child is more important than a day docked from AL. They should at least have someone who can take care of them for the day if they're sick and not able to get the day off work.

I agree, they don't think about these things!

• Advertisement

I understand that they don't want to miss work but surely their child is more important than a day docked from AL. They should at least have someone who can take care of them for the day if they're sick and not able to get the day off work.

I agree, they don't think about these things!

I doubt many people think about this when they are pro-creating! :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement