Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I got a terrible amount of abuse in the US of A for mentioning that turnip is possibly my favourite veg.
    'Around these here parts, that's what we feed our donkeys' was the response I got.
    They didn't comprehend my witty response of having the best fed donkeys in the world.

Don't get me wrong - I love turnip, but it's not Gouda, dammit!! And the Americans are probably too innocent to realise a swede is a rutabega is a turnip. Dolph Lundgren certainly is, anyway... :D

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Lexie take the shoes back buy decent groceries with that money. Ta I'm so fcukin sensible

yeah, and the fookin candle. 55 quid, they seen ya coming.

Turnips. Satans food.

Disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Jake1 wrote: »
    Turnips. Satans food.

Disgusting.

And the fcukin smell of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

The fact that whenever I close the boards app and open it again later, I end up on the first page of a thread instead of where I was. :/

Also, it's only Wednesday, is this week ever going to end?

Had a small healthy dinner tonight and now I want chocolate!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Jake1 wrote: »
    yeah, and the fookin candle. 55 quid, they seen ya coming.

It's the lime and basil one it smells unreal to be fair.
    What's with all the turnip hate though?
    TA that my puppy is walking around with a permanent erection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I am TA (Trivially Amused) that your dog is walking around with a permanent erection. Hope you are not expecting guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

What's the point in having a €500+ plus fancy phone when you can't ring anyone on it? Buy some credit ffs.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Thanks Boom_Bap I now have a mental image of you flexing your guns while brushing your teeth :D

http://rs1img.memecdn.com/How-to-brush-your-teeth-like-a-man_o_127094.webp

• Advertisement

TA that the girl I prefer to go to for my waxing went and got herself pregnant and is now gone on maternity leave, leaving me high and dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

People calling the ground the floor. It's frequent on Road Wars and othe British cop shows. Just heard the lad on Sky Sports News say that the player "hit the floor" and called for a penalty.
    It's the ground ffs, the floor is in the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

TA that the girl I prefer to go to for my waxing went and got herself pregnant and is now gone on maternity leave, leaving me high and dry.

And hairy! (only joking!)

People using the Irish spelling for their surname on Facebook!

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    And the fcukin smell of it!

its foul, and makes me hurl :)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

ratmouse wrote: »
    People using the Irish spelling for their surname on Facebook!

That can be necessary in certain situations.

• Advertisement

That can be necessary in certain situations.

In limited situations I reckon.

It's the lime and basil one it smells unreal to be fair.
    What's with all the turnip hate though?

Lime and Basil? ffs why didn't ye say so ... its worth every penny so ;):p

:D

ratmouse wrote: »
    In limited situations I reckon.

Okay then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Piss takers. I was in the Post Office yesterday morning, now I thought I'd seen pretty much everything, but this really took the biscuit. A woman who clearly knew one of the guys behind the counter, brought in a touch phone belonging to her child to have the guy fix it. So whilst the queue was out the door this guy left his counter to go fcuk about with her phone. The bitch was taking up a counter space waiting for the phone, not that it mattered since he was off with the phone. Only in Ireland could this Sh*te happen.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

jimgoose wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong - I love turnip, but it's not Gouda, dammit!! And the Americans are probably too innocent to realise a swede is a rutabega is a turnip. Dolph Lundgren certainly is, anyway... :D

Turnips. Has anyone noticed that butternut squash is basically a fancy mans turnip. Its a little bit blander tasting but basically the same thing. I like to think of it as turnips fancy Mexican cousin.

• Advertisement

fizzypish wrote: »
    Turnips. Has anyone noticed that butternut squash is basically a fancy mans turnip. Its a little bit blander tasting but basically the same thing. I like to think of it as turnips fancy Mexican cousin.

Not quite, a butternut squash is a first-cousin of a pumpkin that looks like genitals that have been medically afflicted. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

People calling things gay and by spelling it "ghey" it's acceptable somehow on boards

This weather. I am the coldest creature on this entire planet. I usually leave my electric blanket on when I go to sleep, but this gives me really lucid dreams. Tossing and turning dreaming about awful things. Woke up at about 4 to switch it off, and about 20 minutes later I'm awake properly because it's so chilly even under a duvet and two fleecy throws

I come into the office now, and our night shift have left about 3 hours ago. One of them has left her phone at my desk, and it won't stop going off with alarms (as I speak, it is now making an inane noise) that won't go off unless you shake the phone as part of some idiot app. Even though I've successfully completed that task, the alarms keep going off. I've now had to turn off the phone as that's the only way to get it to shut off, and now I feel bad in case she rings it to see where she left it.

After that debacle, I log onto the computer. Was she able to log off properly? Of course not, that would be too ridiculous. I'm greeted by tabs upon tabs of Littlewoods and Boohoo, and a screen full of about 200 unread emails (why can't people just open and delete their emails?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Snow ! I hate it. I got caught in a couple of heavy showers on the way to work this morning. Snow can FRO !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I doubt many people think about this when they are pro-creating! :mad:

It would certainly put me off my stride a bit if this was the kind of thing going through my head whilst making de babbies:D:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

efb wrote: »
    People calling things gay and by spelling it "ghey" it's acceptable somehow on boards

It's 'teh ghey', and please don't be offended.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Teh+Ghey

My old landlord just put up a status on facebook that he has a room for rent again. Perfect, I think. I mail him. It's the horrible room at the top of the house that has no window and the guy who used to sleep in there used to pee in glasses so I'd be pure put off. Also it's too far from the bathroom. Wah. Evict the imposter out of my old room and Id be back like a shot!

People who declare that they don't like a certain food when they haven't even tried it.

Fussy eaters.

Had a cup of tea on the go at the same time as a cup of water. Was eating a nice biscuit and enjoying washing it down with the tea when I accidentally drank the water instead. Such a weird feeling when you are expecting one taste/temperature and get another.

My mother ate what she thought was a grape but was in fact an olive. She actually jumped out of her seat in the restaurant and loudly screamed 'oh fcuk' she was that shocked!

It's a weird one

• Advertisement

Treat yourself to one scone only this week, I tell myself on Monday. Its Thursday now, I've had one every morning so far and am already planning which bakery I'll be visiting this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Vel wrote: »
    Treat yourself to one scone only this week, I tell myself on Monday. Its Thursday now, I've had one every morning so far and am already planning which bakery I'll be visiting this morning.

I've done the same with fry ups.
    'It's ok for Monday...as long as it's just the one a week treat. You deserve it champ!' I said.
    Tuesday comes: 'You played hard last night and got a great win! Go on and wolf down some sausages! you deserve it!'
    Yesterday: 'I'm starving, and I've had a good healthy breakfast. Maybe have a fry up just to add more fuel in. It's going to be a busy day!
    This morning: 'gosh, it's a long week champ! Better eat well... and look! snow!! need to eat fatty foods to keep warm'.
    Tomorrow - well, It's Fryday afterall :D

My old landlord just put up a status on facebook that he has a room for rent again. Perfect, I think. I mail him. It's the horrible room at the top of the house that has no window and the guy who used to sleep in there used to pee in glasses so I'd be pure put off. Also it's too far from the bathroom. Wah. Evict the imposter out of my old room and Id be back like a shot!

Ah, there you are. The brother didn't murder you over the sofa, then? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Not quite, a butternut squash is a first-cousin of a pumpkin that looks like genitals that have been medically afflicted. :D
    Yes yes, on paper its apple and oranges. One a fruit technically, the others a veg BUT, boil up some turnip cubes and boil up some squash cubes. Tell me they don't look similar, have a similar texture and taste relatively similar (turnip having a stronger taste)?

Fizzpish Squash is tasty turnip isn't

fizzypish wrote: »
    Yes yes, on paper its apple and oranges. One a fruit technically, the others a veg BUT, boil up some turnip cubes and boil up some squash cubes. Tell me they don't look similar, have a similar texture and taste relatively similar (turnip having a stronger taste)?

Ah here now, don't be teasing me. Hould on there 'til 'til I ratchet up my accent a couple of (even!) postcodes! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ah, there you are. The brother didn't murder you over the sofa, then? :pac:

Maybe he found out about this thread and he needs to work on his alibi.

Oh my god!!!!!! I'm after getting myself a miniature pig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a pig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I was queuing in the post office and when I got to the top of the queue, the girl at the only available counter started fiddling with a couple of parcels. I didn't want to be rude and go right up to the counter before she was ready. The computerised voice hadn't said "counter number 5, please" yet. I glanced behind me and I think I actually SAW a wave of hate, passing from person to person, right to the back of the queue. I could practically hear them all saying "move b1tch!"

Lexie where the hell are you going to keep a pig ?

Lexie where the hell are you going to keep a pig ?

Sure where does anyone else keep a pig, only in the Pig Department. G'wan de Lexie bah!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    "move b1tch!"

Get out the way, get out the way b1tch, get out the way! :cool:

My brother is having a conniption

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Oliver Callan

His impressions are terrible, he never looks (or sounds) anything like the guy he's impersonating (he probably knows this as he even announces who he is when doing the acts). Something about him just makes me mad and want to punch him.

How on earth is he still getting work?!

• Advertisement

I hear veryangryman, Callan is rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭William F

When you're in Subway and the 'Sandwich Artist' starts to rush you or puts too little of a certain item on your sandwich without consulting you.

It makes me want to be a difficult customer.

All Sandwiches are NOT the same!!!

jimgoose do you mean bacon and sauages in the fridge ? OH loves a superquinn sausage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

William F wrote: »
    When you're in Subway and the 'Sandwich Artist' starts to rush you or puts too little of a certain item on your sandwich without consulting you.

It makes me want to be a difficult customer.

All Sandwiches are NOT the same!!!

Sandwich Artist? Is that for real?

yes Subway stupidly call their staff 'Sandwich Artists' FFS !

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement