Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Major annoyance

Reading about the shower of sub-human kuntz in Kildare who burned the poor dog alive, bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

Jesus you wouldn't want any insecurities size wise in those

They feel like you're wearing nothing at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

I can't bring myself to read the article because I'd be so upset about the dog. Then I'd want to go Liam Neeson in Taken on the neanderthals that did this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Vending machine is out of double deckers!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Probably more than just a TA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

My god this snow better not stick.

The novelity is all well and good for ye townies and city slickers, but it's a nightmare for us simple country folk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

MsBubbles wrote: »
    I can't bring myself to read the article because I'd be so upset about the dog. Then I'd want to go Liam Neeson in Taken on the neanderthals that did this

Me too. I hate people even more now than I did before lunch. If anyone did this to my baby...... I would gladly go to prison for what I'd do. Will hug her extra tight later, and probably cry into her fur thinking about the poor soul who died in such a terrible way. And she wont know why I am crying and will rain down doggy kisses on my face and lick away my tears, because that's what dogs do. They love humans and have been shown to experience empathy...and we repay them by burning them from the inside out. Wánkers. Every day people make me more and more sad :(

I think I'm done with Boards (and the shíthole country of Ireland) for today.

OldNotWise Give your fur baby a huge hug from me.

castletownman I live at the bottom of the Dublin Mountains so I'm praying the snow doesn't stick either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm TA at being so cheerful today. I feel like I'm having an outer body experience. I was even singing earlier. And now I feel like giving someone a hug.

aw Lexie ya big softie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Everything is annoying me today, I'm in foul form. Need to leave this job.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

Vel wrote: »
    People who declare that they don't like a certain food when they haven't even tried it.

Fussy eaters.

Yeah, many's the time I've seen somebody taste something and make a face and say "that tastes like sh1te!" and when I ask them when they tasted sh1te they say they haven't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I have a dose of shopping bags in the boot of the car, and a press full at home. Yet I often manage to go into the supermarket without them, or if I'm walking I'll forget to pop one in my bag.
    So I've to abandon the trolley and leg it out to the car, or buy another bag if walking.
    Anything plastic not drying properly in the dishwasher.
    When I put fabric conditioner into the machine drawer, and the slightest jiggle as I'm shutting it sends it straight into the wash.
    Towels blowing off the line and landing in sh*t the dog has done since I last picked it up earlier.

I don't usually wear coats because they look ridiculous with dresses/most of my outfits, but this winter was so cold i bought two. I look like a simpleton in one, and the other one is one of those with the fluffy hood which is grand for work but I wouldn't be seen dead in it usually.

It fit me comfortable when I bought it, now it's like a sleeping bag on me and the hood Engulfs my entire fat head. So When I'm trying to get across the street in the snow and I turn my head to check nothing is coming as I'm about to dash across a busy street, I can see nothing but the inside of my hood. It doesn't turn with my head. Wtf

See some dublin bus driving around with me splat out on the front of it with my ****ty hood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'm TA at being so cheerful today. I feel like I'm having an outer body experience. I was even singing earlier. And now I feel like giving someone a hug.

This is no place for that kind of defeatist talk. Take your cheery attitude elsewhere please.

;)

I don't usually wear coats because they look ridiculous with dresses/most of my outfits, but this winter was so cold i bought two. I look like a simpleton in one, and the other one is one of those with the fluffy hood which is grand for work but I wouldn't be seen dead in it usually.

It fit me comfortable when I bought it, now it's like a sleeping bag on me and the hood Engulfs my entire fat head. So When I'm trying to get across the street in the snow and I turn my head to check nothing is coming as I'm about to dash across a busy street, I can see nothing but the inside of my hood. It doesn't turn with my head. Wtf

See some dublin bus driving around with me splat out on the front of it with my ****ty hood

Good girl. That's more the mood I expect from you.

Vel wrote: »
    People who declare that they don't like a certain food when they haven't even tried it.

Fussy eaters.

That's me all over. I have to be the most fussy eater in Christendom. Most foods don't appeal to me. The look and smell of many foods repel me. I am no way adventurous with food. It is more than a TA to me though. I would actually like to eat different foods. Finding food while abroad is a nightmare. But, I just can't bring myself to eat anything other than plain food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

I was trivially annoyed that Lexie didn't have a trivial annoyance today but now I am satisfied.

I'm Ta it's pelting down snow in Dublin 20 fcuk off Snow

It's pelting down in d2 as well but ta it's not sticking!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Just looked out the office window, what's the deal with the white gear falling from the sky?

I'm delighted it's not sticking the M50 was a nightmare this morning cos the snow. It normally takes me 20-25 minutes to get to work it took 35 minutes today

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Just looked out the office window, what's the deal with the white gear falling from the sky?

Yer man upstairs is being raided, and he is dumping his stash;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

MsBubbles wrote: »
    I'm delighted it's not sticking the M50 was a nightmare this morning cos the snow. It normally takes me 20-25 minutes to get to work it took 35 minutes today

At the rate my office is evacuating, and probably every other building in the business park, I estimate that I will be home sometime tomorrow morning.

Boom_Bap Cunnoxes !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

My TA is being stuck in a lecture when it's snowing and I have to walk to the train station later.Silly college.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Yer man upstairs is being raided, and he is dumping his stash;)

But we are the top floor. Is there a man on the roof with loads and loads of blow. Is it this guy Stitches?

i will use any excuse to post this video

Boom_Bap interesting choice of song. He's a scary looking mofo !

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    At the rate my office is evacuating, and probably every other building in the business park, I estimate that I will be home sometime tomorrow morning.

I only ate half my lunch, so am considering rationing it out amongst the gang still here who are staying on rather than get nowhere in the crazy traffic...

• Advertisement

1 minute and 20 seconds in is where it gets awesomer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

I got on the bus today, and there was a mother with a baby. She had the baby out of the buggy and she kept kissing it.

Horrible smoochy loud kisses. I wanted to strangle her.

Oh and I bought chicken breasts yesterday and went to take them out of the fridge to make a stir fry.

My husband put them in the freezer. So now I either get more or we have sandwiches for dinner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Had to collect an order in an electrical store in town about twenty minutes ago and was stood out freezing my nuts off to let three older ladies out of the door first (usually a double door, but was only half open as it was near closing time). First one offered me thanks, but of course her two colleagues were standing there blocking the doorway admiring some state-of-the-art new fridge on display. Took older lady number one to shout at them before they made way for me to get through.

The irony of me forced standing out in the freezing weather thanks to two old ladies checking out a fridge. Some people :rolleyes:

My husband put them in the freezer. So now I either get more or we have sandwiches for dinner!

defrost in microwave???

I got on the bus today, and there was a mother with a baby. She had the baby out of the buggy and she kept kissing it.

Horrible smoochy loud kisses. I wanted to strangle her.

Why would she kiss the buggy?:D

• Advertisement

I'm officially trapped in work.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    defrost in microwave???

We don't have a microwave!

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Why would she kiss the buggy?:D

The anger I felt on the bus was worth it just for that facepalm! :o

MY TA of the day.

Koonts on Gumtree that think you floated down the liffey on a trolley.

Im selling coat, and got a response that was worthy of a Nigeran Prince scam.

They want to pay me over and above what Im asking if I go through their paypal, when it says Quite Fookin clearly in the ad, cash and collection only.

What part of that does this dumb ass pond scum not get ?

Im ready to chew on someones face today

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Jake1 wrote: »
    MY TA of the day.

Koonts on Gumtree that think you floated down the liffey on a trolley.

Im selling coat, and got a response that was worthy of a Nigeran Prince scam.

They want to pay me over and above what Im asking if I go through their paypal, when it says Quite Fookin clearly in the ad, cash and collection only.

What part of that does this dumb ass pond scum not get ?

Im ready to chew on someones face today

:mad:

At least you were not offered a second hand playstation 2 game for it. That is the standard offer on adverts when I put something up there.

• Advertisement

is it the ''Tina Turner wig' coat you're wearing?

(Hey, eisenberg1 named it that, not me :D )

At least you were not offered a second hand playstation 2 game for it. That is the standard offer on adverts when I put something up there.

There are some right arseholes on those sites.

If this person gets back to me again tonight, I swear to jazsus Im going to try con them in to meetin me..

I'm in right form for these guff merchants tonight

Yeah hahaha, state of me. Can't wait to just start wearing blazers again.

Due to me being stone broke, I had to get waxed in work. The only one I'm that friendly with is the crazy Russian. You know someone who's so funny that you'll laugh just anticipating what they're going to say?? That's very awkward when they're waxing you. I was practically crying laughing which made me keep dropping my leg and getting stuck to things. She has a wicked wicked vulgar sense of humor. Never again will I put myself in a position where I have to let her wax me again

Feck it, Lex, once you are warm thats the main thing,I look like the Michelin man when I go out, Ive so many layers on me :o

Due to me being stone broke, I had to get waxed in work. The only one I'm that friendly with is the crazy Russian. You know someone who's so funny that you'll laugh just anticipating what they're going to say?? That's very awkward when they're waxing you. I was practically crying laughing which made me keep dropping my leg and getting stuck to things. She has a wicked wicked vulgar sense of humor. Never again will I put myself in a position where I have to let her wax me again

she sounds like a right hoot :)) ive visions of you semi glued to a table :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Russians are deadly dangerous, they have the same black humour as ourselves, only worse. I told you about the conversation I had with a Russian girl at work about e-cigarettes:

"They are not so good. It is like, how do you say, a rubber woman!". :):):)

I have weird alien strength. I get this from my father, who got it from his father, a tough railway-spike pounder who never drank, smoked fifteen Woodbines a day, and had darker humour than a Russian submarine commander. My problem is, every time I move on a gowl who attacks me I look like the bad guy. Example: a few months back Mrs. Goose is attacked by an Alsatian as we're out walking. The owner, a big fat fcuker with bigger tits than his skank girlfriend waves a 28mm spanner at us, roaring that he'd had a "bad day". Within 20 seconds I had your man on the ground, the spanner about to be shoved down his throat, and the fcukan dag whimpering around my heels. "Bad day" my fcukan cnutan hole. Leave me alone. You have been warned.

jimgoose wrote: »
    Russians are deadly dangerous, they have the same black humour as ourselves, only worse. I told you about the conversation I had with a Russian girl at work about e-cigarettes:

"They are not so good. It is like, how do you say, a rubber woman!". :):):)

oh stop. It's terrible lol. She's liable to come out with anything it's hilarious. She reminds me of a real life you. I think if I knew you in person, Id be laughing before you even open your mouth cause you just know there's something gold coming. I would have drawn comparisons in the earlier post but then it would be a bit weird "a female Jimgoose was waxing me today and i laughed". Hmm.

jimgoose wrote: »
    I have weird alien strength. I get this from my father, who got it from his father, a tough railway-spike pounder who never drank, smoked fifteen Woodbines a day, and had darker humour than a Russian submarine commander. My problem is, every time I move on a gowl who attacks me I look like the bad guy. Example: a few months back Mrs. Goose is attacked by an Alsatian as we're out walking. The owner, a big fat fcuker with bigger tits than his skank girlfriend waves a 28mm spanner at us, roaring that he'd had a "bad day". Within 20 seconds I had your man on the ground, the spanner about to be shoved down his throat, and the fcukan dag whimpering around my heels. "Bad day" my fcukan cnutan hole. Leave me alone. You have been warned.

Jaysus

..."a female Jimgoose was waxing me today and i laughed". Hmm.

Madam, your ideas are quite intriguing and one should rather wish to subscribe to your newsletter! :)

Jaysus

Don't get me wrong Lex, I'm always Kwai-Chang Caine. But any sort of weapon sends me spastic.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement