Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

jimgoose wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong Lex, I'm always Kwai-Chang Caine. But any sort of weapon sends me spastic.

How big was he?

*notes not to wave a stiletto at jim ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Jake1 wrote:
    There are some right arseholes on those sites.

If this person gets back to me again tonight, I swear to jazsus Im going to try con them in to meetin me..

I'm in right form for these guff merchants tonight

I rejected a low ball offer on adverts the other day and got a long response back from yer man about how crap this thing I'm selling is and it really wouldn't be worth more than what he's offering. What a dick! He was just trying to ruin my chances of selling it to anyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

How big was he?

*notes not to wave a stiletto at jim ever

About 6' 6'', 4 stone up on me. I should perhaps point out at this stage that I have a Black Belt in Shotokan Kara-Te.

Was Mrs Goose hurt

Was Mrs Goose hurt

I don't understand the question. ;)

From the daaaag, question mark

I hate question marks

From the daaaag, question mark

I hate question marks

Oh Hell no. As soon as the dog moved he was, unmoved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Me too. I hate people even more now than I did before lunch. If anyone did this to my baby...... I would gladly go to prison for what I'd do. Will hug her extra tight later, and probably cry into her fur thinking about the poor soul who died in such a terrible way. And she wont know why I am crying and will rain down doggy kisses on my face and lick away my tears, because that's what dogs do. They love humans and have been shown to experience empathy...and we repay them by burning them from the inside out. Wánkers. Every day people make me more and more sad :(

I think I'm done with Boards (and the shíthole country of Ireland) for today.

You can relax a piece according to RTE tonight

A volunteer with Kildare and West Wicklow Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals has said reports regarding the discovery of a dog in Kildare are not accurate and had been misinterpreted...

A volunteer with Kildare and West Wicklow Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals has said reports regarding the discovery of a dog in Kildare are not accurate and had been misinterpreted...

I thought as much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Leggings are fine.

Jeggings are fine.

Tregings are fine.

Meggings?

GTFO! :pac:

Let Lexie do the fashion, you're not quite there yet, eeeewwwwwwww.

Still doesn't change the fact there's hungry dogs, homeless dogs, unloved dogs, cold dogs, frightened dogs :(

Ugh I didnt bring any lunch today, just home and had dinner and I'm still starving, I need chocolate

Ugh I didnt bring any lunch today, just home and had dinner and I'm still starving, I need chocolate

Well eat chocolate then. These meballacks Starvation Diets don't work, and only do you an injury. An extra half-hour of push-ups at 6am is your penance! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Tom Doorley on the restaurant. He is a complete fraud and only gives his opinion when he is copying the same view from one of the other critics. I don't think he has a clue about food. Watching him licking Pierre White's arse yesterday was cringeworthy.

The M50 is a complete free for all. People drive in the middle cos they don't know where else to go.

People on the left don't let you merge when you join the motorway for many reasons:
    a) They aren't even looking around them and are completely oblivious to everything except what's straight in front of them. Looking in mirrors is optional for them
    b) They see the road in front of them as being their special space, and nobody can touch their special space. They will speed up to stop you merging in front of them because they're assholes.
    c) They are aware and competent drivers and genuinely want to switch lane to allow you to merge, but cannot because the lane to their right is completely full of gombeens blocking them from doing so.

:mad:

Coming up on M7 to N7 junction at Naas this morning, a car comes off the slip road skips right out over the first lane into the middle one in front of me, there was nothing in front of him in lane one, so why? so I went into first lane an went by him, it isn't undertaking (if you stay in it) as the left lane is the driving lane the lane(s) to the right are overtaking lanes.

• Advertisement

Found a tub of roses I got at Christmas, they just aint Lindt chocs, but they'll do....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Well eat chocolate then. These meballacks Starvation Diets don't work, and only do you an injury. An extra half-hour of push-ups at 6am is your penance! ;)

do eat the choclates....but still do the push ups

I do them by number rather than time (which is best:confused::confused:)....thgough ive to concentrate to be sure doing them right

Aw I'm not on a diet chief, I didn't get up in time this morning to do my makeup or get breakfast because I was awake all night torturing my small mind. I got paid yesterday and spent my weeks wages on designer shoes makeup and a candle :( and all that's in the fridge is ham which I can't eat any more because of loyalty to Vivienne. And then I was too broke to go buy lunch. So I made pasta when I came home but I was still hungry afterwards and there's no chovolate in this house :'(

Not too worried about weight, when I start taking my thyroid medicine any weight I need to lose (my cellulite ass) should come off easier so meh. It's more lack of funds than for vanity

selous wrote: »
    Found a tub of roses I got at Christmas, they just aint Lindt chocs, but they'll do....:rolleyes:

Hey bbz callin over? x

No prob, half a tub left, Oh noooo, tsk, look at the time, past me bedtime, up at 4.30, otherwise i'd have pointed the car your way...(????)
    think I have sugar buzz now, yick.

• Advertisement

Tom Doorley on the restaurant. He is a complete fraud and only gives his opinion when he is copying the same view from one of the other critics. I don't think he has a clue about food. Watching him licking Pierre White's arse yesterday was cringeworthy.

Doorley is harmless. I'd love to see him full-contact against the likes of Giles Coren or A.A. Gill. ;)

Bet you've all the nice ones gone :mad:

MsBubbles wrote: »
    I'm delighted it's not sticking the M50 was a nightmare this morning cos the snow. It normally takes me 20-25 minutes to get to work it took 35 minutes today

I worked at home this afternoon, and had a meeting on my car-phone at 4pm as I wafted along vapourising cyclists. I'm the bawss-maun I aum!! :):):)

They're all nice there's no toffees, just chocolate ones, country fudge ones, hazel in caramel (they're gone) coffee escape ones, golden barrel ones, hazel whip mmmm. still hungry??

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Flutterby80

Today some members of the traveling community robbed a lot of stock while we were busy at lunchtime. As if this wasn't bad enough one of their brats pissed all over the floor, good Jesus the smell. After much discussion (and cleaning) we agreed that the little feckers piss smelt strongly of rotten fish, vom :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Well that stopped my growing longing for chocolate caused by previous posts.

Seven Worlds will Collide

Well that stopped my growing longing for chocolate caused by previous posts.

Your welcome :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

So sorry to hear you got fleeced today Flutterby80 :(

So sorry to hear you got fleeced today Flutterby80 :(

Thanks! Used to it at this stage, you'd want eyes in your arse to stop the bastards :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Today some members of the traveling community robbed a lot of stock while we were busy at lunchtime. As if this wasn't bad enough one of their brats pissed all over the floor, good Jesus the smell. After much discussion (and cleaning) we agreed that the little feckers piss smelt strongly of rotten fish, vom :(

There's actually a medical condition that causes a stench of fish from human sweat/and urine. Yuk. But, hey, they aren't thieving scumbag bastards, it'a a cultural thing boss.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Ugh my cousin called me in a state, her 2 year old got headlice from creche. Ugh. Now I feel itchy all over, hair skin face body back I feel like I'm crawling. Hate that, phantom sensations

I don' t care if you're an ethnic nomad or the president that's a sh!tty thing to do

There's a man on Embarrasing Bodies with a condition called "buried penis" , I did not need to see that, it truly has been a vom inducing day :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

There's a man on Embarrasing Bodies with a condition called "buried penis" , I did not need to see that, it truly has been a vom inducing day :(

Has to be said, if you watch a programme called that, ya might see stuff ya didn't want to. Just sayin. Viewer discretion 'n' stuff.

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Has to be said, if you watch a programme called that, ya might see stuff ya didn't want to. Just sayin. Viewer discretion 'n' stuff.

Hey don't rain on my TA!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flood

The first replying poster who quotes the op, annoying and pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm flying to London today. I'm TA'd that after about 50 flights over the past few years to and from there, I am wide awake and feeling sick at the thought of flying :(

Normally it takes me 25 to 30 minutes to get home. Last night cos the eejits driving at 50 kph on the M50 it took me 1 hour 20 minutes to complete a 10 mile journey. FFS ! why can't we deal with a couple of snow showers ?

Getting hiccups while you're trying to sleep

• Advertisement

TA it's only 9.30 am

That people keep nominating me on facebook for those 7 facts about yourself. It's a sad day when you don't have 7 interesting things about yourself.
    1. I'm an emotionally unpredictable moody bitch. 2. I use wine as a mixer for vodka. 3. I have cellulite on my arse. 4. I hate people. 5. My favourite food is cheese. 6. I have 2 lil angles, dog 1 and dog 2, der mii wurld n I don't no were Id b wi ouh dem xxx

Oh yeah cause that is real stable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

When you're on publc transport (what a surprise) and you're in that kind of spacey zone where you have your eyes resting on a particular area but you're not actually seeing it because you're relaxed and spacing... Then some f.ucker goes and stands in your line of vision and you have to shift your gaze :mad:

Also, feeling bad this morning because I had to wear my wellies to work and my sidekick thought she was going walkies in the forest when she saw me putting them on :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

TA'd at the canteen staff at work - told I'd be 5 minutes waiting for something, took almost 20 before it finally arrived. Wouldn't have waited if I'd known it would take that long.

Please God let it be true, so that I may still believe in humanity.

Lexie I av de be best girlos in de wurld. always dere for me wen I ned dem. Hope your ok hun speak annoys me

• Advertisement

#kantkope wit d dopes dat duz b on d facebuk.

The karmachameliooon is duin his stretches

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0129/676495-dog-fire-kildare/

But it's true as Lexie points out, we still have huge issues in this country concerning animal welfare :(

Lexie I av de be best girlos in de wurld. always dere for me wen I ned dem. Hope your ok hun speak annoys me

It's funny cause it's true.

http://tinypic.com/r/97lhyb/8

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

People who are proud of not being competent at Mathematics in any capacity. You'd be ashamed if you were illiterate. I just don't understand how there is any difference between the two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

People who are proud of not being competent at Mathematics in any capacity. You'd be ashamed if you were illiterate. I just don't understand how there is any difference between the two.

I think you could get through your life without a good grasp of mathematics bar addition, multiplication and subtraction (and we have calculators and programmes to do that for us now) as long as you didn't choose an occupation that required it but you'd be fairly fooked if you couldn't read and write. I suppose people can afford to be "proud" (though I don't think it's pride tbh) to be lacking in skills in the former.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement