Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

tanx Lexie. yer won in a millen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    When you're on publc transport (what a surprise) and you're in that kind of spacey zone where you have your eyes resting on a particular area but you're not actually seeing it because you're relaxed and spacing... Then some f.ucker goes and stands in your line of vision and you have to shift your gaze

And before you get the chance to shift your gaze they get all narked because they think you are staring a them. Fcuk you, my eyes were here first!

I was standing at the middle bit of the Luas the other day holding onto one of the communal hand holders and every other person holding it was using their phone. I could barely look anywhere without it appearing like I was looking at what they were doing on their phones. One guy kept moving the phone like he was trying to block me from seeing. Yeah, thanks, but I have better things to be doing at 8am on a Monday morning than looking at you stalking people on Facebook mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I think you could get through your life without a good grasp of mathematics bar addition, multiplication and subtraction (and we have calculators and programmes to do that for us now) as long as you didn't choose an occupation that required it but you'd be fairly fooked if you couldn't read and write. I suppose people can afford to be "proud" (though I don't think it's pride tbh) to be lacking in skills in the former.

This exactly! I dunno is Cheese referring to Katie Hopkins taking the piss out of Katie Price and that Alicia girl on Big Brother who were struggling with simple mathematics (they genuinely were!), but neither of them have done too badly for themselves. I have a ten year old who has a better grasp of reading and writing than I do and I have a degree in computer science and mathematics, yet last year there we'd war when he was doing his homework and I was convinced he was doing his addition wrong.

Fcukers only went and changed the whole curriculum so now they do 'renaming' instead of the 'carry one pay it back' stuff we did in school! That was fairly annoying alright having to have his teacher show me how they were doing their math so I could help him with his homework! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Sad today because my er.... reason for panicking pre-sacred heart lantern is leaving :( And we had a fight over something stupid. My fault and I wonder did I do it intentionally so that there will be no goodbyes :( Who knows what the female subconscious mind is capable of, it's a loveless f.ucking abbatoir in there sometimes :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

TA: Because I had a fryup each morning this week, this mornings fry just didn't feel enough like a treat :p

Cheese I've always been terrible at maths. Maths classes in school were a nightmare for me. I'm not proud of it and would never in a million years boast about it.
    But I can understand other people in my situation being joking to hide their embarrassment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Vel wrote: »
    People who declare that they don't like a certain food when they haven't even tried it.

Fussy eaters.
    I'm a fussy eater, and there are many things that 'I don't like' even though I've never tried them. A few months ago, I did a food intolerance test and it suggested that I shouldn't eat eggs, pasta, mushrooms, tomatoes, and strawberries, all things that I don't like even though I've never eaten.

The body knows...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Meh for 5th year summer maths exam I attempted the first question, abandoned it I'm not sure if I finished it, and drew a very detailed Winnie the pooh and coloured it in on my maths paper, and handed it up. I think I got 12%, and im not sure if that was for my art or my attempt.

I hated maths at school, used to take a trip to career guidance every Thursday during maths time, because Thursday's were double maths and #kantkope with two classes ugh.

I still count on my fingers, not too bothered about x finding y, if x wasn't so difficult and boring y wouldnt have left in the first place, I can add, subtract and get by with the basics and that's enough for me.

I was good at Art, that was my only A in my leaving cert, was good at irish, business, and that's much more useful to me. I'm personally not bothered that I'm crap at maths. I did enough to get into college, and get a degree so that'll do me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

There's a man on Embarrasing Bodies with a condition called "buried penis" , I did not need to see that, it truly has been a vom inducing day :(

Who was it buried in? Sorry, I will rephrase that.

In whom was it buried?:)

eisenberg1 snort. I think it was akin the tucking that Female Impersonators do but he was born that way :P

• Advertisement

Meh for 5th year summer maths exam I attempted the first question, abandoned it I'm not sure if I finished it, and drew a very detailed Winnie the pooh and coloured it in on my maths paper, and handed it up. I think I got 12%, and im not sure if that was for my art or my attempt.

I hated maths at school, used to take a trip to career guidance every Thursday during maths time, because Thursday's were double maths and #kantkope with two classes ugh.

I still count on my fingers, not too bothered about x finding y, if x wasn't so difficult and boring y wouldnt have left in the first place, I can add, subtract and get by with the basics and that's enough for me.

I was good at Art, that was my only A in my leaving cert, was good at irish, business, and that's much more useful to me. I'm personally not bothered that I'm crap at maths. I did enough to get into college, and get a degree so that'll do me.

:P

And also the constant identity crises that x used to have. What am I? What's my value? What am I equal to? If I am this, what is that? F.uck off x :pac:

I'd say screw the honours maths snobbery, I did ordinary level and managed to get a chemistry degree (counting on my hand) :D

X was too needy lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I loved maths at school, got an A1 in the LC, but hit a wall somewhere around second/third year of university though when everything gets bat**** insane. Ended up switching to CS at that stage...

I still count on my fingers, not too bothered about x finding y, if x wasn't so difficult and boring y wouldnt have left in the first place,

It's not that hard Lexie :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

When I started 5th year, I was put into HL Maths. I hated it. Not because I couldn't do it, it was just so much effort. I may have been partaking in recreation drug use at the time which killed off anything that required my attention for more than 3 minutes.
    Dropped down to the other maths, finish a sum in 2 minutes, happy days.

Then when it came to college, there was some pretty f*cking insane equations that we had to sort out, they came easily enough to me thankfully.

Being accused of being ocd because ... I think skirting boards needs to be cleaned too. Wtf, surely most civilised people does this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

MsBubbles wrote: »
    eisenberg1 snort. I think it was akin the tucking that Female Impersonators do but he was born that way :P

AKA an ingrown mickey:D

I left my headphones at home, so I have to listen to the usual office noises today :(
    Really miss not having music when I'm doing any repetitive tasks!
    Maybe if I hum softly and tap my fingers, I can recreate the songs and make do...

/awaits TA post from a colleague "FFS, there's a guy in my work humming and tapping his fingers and driving me crazy!!!"

eisenberg1 snort !

• Advertisement

Gym users - who actively pay to have a work out - who park illegally or crazily in order to avoid a slightly longer walk to the door of the gym. Or then spend ages queueing for the elevator to get there instead of the stairs - and then get right on a stair master.

Coca Cola - a relatively local bottled liquid that basically involved adding sugar to water - being significantly more expensive in Petrol Stations per litre than petrol itself - which has been mined out of the very earth - refined - and transported who knows how far.

Gym users - who actively pay to have a work out - who park illegally or crazily in order to avoid a slightly longer walk to the door of the gym. Or then spend ages queueing for the elevator to get there instead of the stairs - and then get right on a stair master.

Coca Cola - a relatively local bottled liquid that basically involved adding sugar to water - being significantly more expensive in Petrol Stations per litre than petrol itself - which has been mined out of the very earth - refined - and transported who knows how far.

Just.....yes! :o

taxAHcruel it's picked from the rare cocacolas plant which only grows on the slopes of Mount Fizzy. The leaves are picked once a month under the full moon by Vestel Virgins who have taken a vow of silence, chastity and poverty.
    The Monks of the nearby Buddist Temple must bless the leaves before picking

taxAHcruel it's picked from the rare cocacolas plant which only grows on the slopes of Mount Fizzy. The leaves are picked once a month under the full moon by Vestel Virgins who have taken a vow of silence, chastity and poverty.
    The Monks of the nearby Buddist Temple must bless the leaves before picking

You forgot the Oompa Loompas. And you only think they are virgins because said oompa Loompas dont talk much either.

No The oompa loompas got fired they kept using the leaves to make herbal ciggarettes ;)
    The young women of The Heynoni Noni tribe took over duties, they cook and clean for The Monks in their spare time

When someone tells you a joke and you can't make out what they are saying so you ask them to repeat it and still can't figure out what they're saying and then you can't ask them a third time so you just do a fake laugh but you can see the light dying in their eyes as they realise you are fake laughing :(

• Advertisement

The Russian telling me my noticeable features.

"I see you, but just your eyebrows. Then your breasts."

That's nice. With all the eyebrow hate going around lately I'm not sure she means that as a good thing

No The oompa loompas got fired they kept using the leaves to make herbal ciggarettes

Certainly adds a new perspective to their skin color.

taxAHcruel I've oompa loompa dumpity dee if you're wise you'll listen to me running round in my head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

..."I see you, but just your eyebrows. Then your breasts."...

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Lexie are you sure this girl doesn't fancy you ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Starting to suspect that it wasn't soy milk in my soy latte... :mad:

I just bit into my creme egg, but it cracked awkwardly, forcing me to eat a bigger chunk than I would have liked.
    Now the whole experience is going to be over before I know it, and I'll be longing for another one.

Damn premature egg-jaculation!!

:pac:

No she's been telling me to go out and prey in mentally Dunstable men for valentines because they're better in bed

Lexie lol. She sounds like a character :D

Probably used to psycho ex-Spetznaz types who look at you wondering what you might look like without a head. :pac:

jimgoose I've seen them lads doing Luas Security. Scary

Oh stop she's hilarious, she'd actually give you a migraine from laughing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

One could be forgiven for thinking it was William and Kate getting married in the morning when the guy is actually the one getting his undercrackers in a twist over the arrangements. He's been driving me up the walls all morning texting and I haven't the heart to tell him to fcuk off I'm busy! He's pushing it though -

"Have you your suit ready?", etc...

I feel like replying "Yeah my meggings are at the dry cleaners, picking them up this evening", though I'm pretty sure he'd go ape :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Oh stop she's hilarious, she'd actually give you a migraine from laughing

how are her eyebrows and breasts?

I'm getting an image busty ladies with perfect eyebrows prancing around and waxing each other.

Boom_Bap wrote: »

I'm getting an image busty ladies with perfect eyebrows prancing around and waxing each other.

:cool:

• Advertisement

jimgoose wrote: »

:cool:

.....and trampolines as floors.

.....and trampolines as floors.

Mmm... Bouncy! :pac:

Her eyebrows are hot **** (my work, of course) but the breasticles need work!

People

^^

Generalisations

(anyone in particular ONW, or having one of those days?)

OldNotWise hug ?

whiskeyman wrote: »
    ^^

Generalisations

(anyone in particular ONW, or having one of those days?)

Well no, because if it was, I wouldn't have to "generalise".

Fainting. See people on tv doing it all elegantly, not me though. Crumble like a sack of potatoes. And being too far away to go home, Bleh

OldNotWise hug ?

My boy is leaving and I ate too much at lunchtime so that my drink hasn't taken effect :(

• Advertisement

Aw poor ONW. Sending you a virtual hug.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement