Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I just dropped 3 very giddy teenage girls into a disco in town, 1D blasting out in the car. Other parents had blocked the place up with cars so I couldn't turn in to park up and let them out, but rather had to let them out, drive off up over the top of the town and around again. Parked up and walked back to make sure they had got in OK. I then proceeded to go to the nearby Centra for ham. No ham or any kind of sandwich meat at all. Jesus Christ, what type of Centra doesn't do the hang for the sangwidges ??

Thats lovely funny ,story about practising on your dad Lexie . What a fantastic memory to have of him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Forced laughter at unfunny jokes at special events, ceremonies and functions.

764dak wrote: »
    Forced laughter at unfunny jokes at special events, ceremonies and functions.

makes me cringe :o:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Eating healthily for the entire month of January. Lots of fruit, veg, proper meals, not eating after 7pm.
    No crisps, no chocolate, no white bread, no fizzy drinks, no take-aways.
    Running, walking, swimming and cycling.

Haven't lost an ounce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

whiskeyman wrote: »
    It's 'teh ghey', and please don't be offended.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Teh+Ghey

its still bolliex

When children put half a carton of milk on their cereal, eat the cereal and then the milk gets fecked down the sink.
    When you put a wash on and then discover you dropped a sock out of the basket on the way to the machine.
    When you find your garden littered with bread that birds have dropped from the aul bat next doors garden.
    And so the day begins......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

People who smoke and throw the cigarette on the ground as their bus/train approaches.

And not so trivial, more rage inducing and I'll have to be vague enough but dogooding hyprocrites. A group have recently travelled to dublin to help the homeless, and the media have published the story. In the piece, they shared what the homeless people said to them while giving out the food/clothes - obviously drugs is a major reason for being on the streets, so imagine my surprise to recognise one - a major dealer. I suppose it's one way of giving profits back to the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Jaysus what's going on in TTTAY today ? It's all about mickeys and jimgoose, eisenberg and Boom_Bap perving over hot Russian birds. I don't where to look.
    :o

I must have missed that bit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

My hangover is anoying me today. January temperance ended with a bang last night....but am suffering today.
    Go easy on me world, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

Handed in week's notice yesterday... "Oh could you change the last day to next Saturday??? We're short!"

How about no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

My hangover is anoying me today. January temperance ended with a bang last night....but am suffering today.
    Go easy on me world, please.

No! How dare you. It's still January. Good enough for you. Whimp! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

When you have a cold and your nose and upper lip get all flakey with dry skin from sneezing so much.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

danrua01 wrote: »
    Handed in week's notice yesterday... "Oh could you change the last day to next Saturday??? We're short!"

How about no.

I can see why you left! :pac:

Meanwhile I'm already getting premonitions of this wedding event being one of those new "no food for the guests" events! :eek:

My belly is stuck to my back with the hunger and I'm tempted to sneak out to the nearest chippy if it doesn't arrive on soon :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I must have missed that bit.

That was largely me, in fairness. :)

• Advertisement

I can see why you left! :pac:

Meanwhile I'm already getting premonitions of this wedding event being one of those new "no food for the guests" events! :eek:

My belly is stuck to my back with the hunger and I'm tempted to sneak out to the nearest chippy if it doesn't arrive on soon :o

Fuuuuuuck that for a lark. I'd do a proper Viking on it if I were you! :)

People who smoke and throw the cigarette on the ground as their bus/train approaches.

And not so trivial, more rage inducing and I'll have to be vague enough but dogooding hyprocrites. A group have recently travelled to dublin to help the homeless, and the media have published the story. In the piece, they shared what the homeless people said to them while giving out the food/clothes - obviously drugs is a major reason for being on the streets, so imagine my surprise to recognise one - a major dealer. I suppose it's one way of giving profits back to the community.

Right "Don Fanucci" arsehole, yeah? That gets right up my nose as well. Jumped-up little fartbollix thugs.😠

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

This could be worth a thread all of it's own yet! :D

My best friend getting in a snot with me for giving the oh another chance. Nothing like best friend support!

I saw a 1969 302ci Boss Mustang on the television last night and I am TA that it is a) in America and b) worth around $100,000 and I can't have it. Fcuk this Struggling Middle-Class bullshine!!

• Advertisement

On the upside Jim that's only 70(ish) k in euro. Sell a kidney.

Poor Vivienne is being met with nothing but hostility. Not a very nice atmosphere to be bringing her into :(

My best friend getting in a snot with me for giving the oh another chance. Nothing like best friend support!

Whether or not that's a good plan I've no idea and it's none of my business and no skin off her nose either way. Ye're big boys and girls. Let me just say that men don't get "in a snot" about these things. We say things like "you're back with yer wan, yeah? Ah well, 'tis your grave, bah! Same again?" :)

On the upside Jim that's only 70(ish) k in euro. Sell a kidney.

Poor Vivienne is being met with nothing but hostility. Not a very nice atmosphere to be bringing her into :(

Pig in sh1t, girl. Get yer nose down and root!! :):):)

If I see one more buck-ape with a beard like an Amish farmer I shall set fire to it.

jimgoose wrote: »
    Whether or not that's a good plan I've no idea and it's none of my business and no skin off her nose either way. Ye're big boys and girls. Let me just say that men don't get "in a snot" about these things. We say things like "you're back with yer wan, yeah? Ah well, 'tis your grave, bah! Same again?" :)

She's a redhead. And firey. She'd be happier if I told her I was moving onto a halting site, I think. She hates him. Which I feel kind of bad about because she only sees one side to him, and not the side that's holding my hand in the middle of the night when I'm bawling my eyes out after a horrible dream. She'll get over the snot, I'm sure. But it's annoying that she'll always hate him. He isn't all bad at all

...But it's annoying that she'll always hate him. He isn't all bad at all

Very few people are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Buying a liquid soap but then the pump part to dispense it wont work-at all!

Public toilets with those annoying flush buttons. I used the bathroom then spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to get it to flush. You have to push the button in really far, which I can't do with these bad boys http://tinypic.com/r/64j6tz/8

Whats wrong with the handle you just push down eh :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

When lots of people are posting on a popular question and answers thread and the replies get all jumbled up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

"Unexpected item in bagging area"
    It's a bag!!!! What are u expecting???

• Advertisement

Samsgirl wrote: »
    "Unexpexted item in bagging area"
    It's a bag!!!! What are u expecting???

When I read that, I heard it in the female Tesco voice. The poor people working there must be driven mental by the various checkout ramblings.

My Goddamn sensitive eyes:(. I end up nearly crying some days when driving. When the sun is low mid to late afternoon some of the roads around here are murder to drive on. Even with my polarised (is it ?) prescription sunglasses. And that f**kin dappling effect with trees then. It's useless pulling down the sun visor as I'm too short for it to be of any use. I need a bloody booster seat :). On cold days my eyes run down my face, I look like I'm crying walking up and down to the school. I need an eye transplant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

People who sneeze/cough/yawn all over their electronics. If I see one more person sneeze onto the keyboard of their laptop I'm going to be sick. Same goes for coughing into their phone screens. It genuinely makes my stomach turn. Please turn your head!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The nonsense that people start threads about. What is your cat's name? What is your favourite shade of blue?
    Drink has a lot to answer for!

Supposed to be going to Galway today/tonight but woke up with a cold and now I'm all miserable and don't want to go anywhere

The nonsense that people start threads about. What is your cat's name? What is your favourite shade of blue?
    Drink has a lot to answer for!

If you get up early on a sunday morning regularly it can be entertaining to see the much people have posted the night before when drunk.
    Many of those threads do tend to get deleted at around 10-11 am!

But it is TA that people will go to the effort to start at thread when it is much quicker, and less annoying to just search google.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Possibly posted previously but when travelling on an escalator and you reach the top/bottom of it and as the person in front of you steps off it they just stop and look around blocking everyone and causing you to accidentally push them really hard out of the way ;)

Irish people in general on escalators - why the fûck can't you all just stand to one side? It's like slalom skiing trying to navigate one if you're in a rush.

Possibly posted previously but when travelling on an escalator and you reach the top/bottom of it and as the person in front of you steps off it they just stop and look around blocking everyone and causing you to accidentally push them really hard out of the way ;)

Irish people in general on escalators - why the fûck can't you all just stand to one side? It's like slalom skiing trying to navigate one if you're in a rush.

Years ago I was coming up the escalator in tesco in Jervis st.
    My shopping bag broke just as I got to the top of the 'first' escalator. There is a small space before you hop on the second escalator.
    Anyway, shopping bag broke, I tried to recover my groceries and myself and 3 other lads and 1 woman ended up in a mini heap on the ground in that little space. To be fair, they laughed about it rather than belting me one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Absolutely banjaxed my leg yesterday. Banged it off a big screw that's sticking out of the bed. I'm getting a big lump on it. TA'd at my clumsiness again. The same leg got bashed the day before. I stopped to pick up a basket at the entrance to the supermarket and the stupid woman behind me bashed her trolley into me. I'm going to have a couple of lovely bruises :p .

I hate escalators. I get some panic on me stepping on to them, and I'm worse getting off in case whoever is in front of me doesn't get off quickly and there's a pile up. I remember as a child asking another child I met how she had hurt her leg, it was badly mangled. She said it had got caught in an escslator, so I think that's where it came from.
    But what TA's me the most are parents who bring babies on escalators in buggies. WT actual F ??

Oh my God I have seen it all now. Some fella batin along the hard shoulder on roller blades with ski sticks ! Don't know whether to be TA or wet myself laughing :)

73Cat wrote: »
    I hate escalators. I get some panic on me stepping on to them, and I'm worse getting off in case whoever is in front of me doesn't get off quickly and there's a pile up. I remember as a child asking another child I met how she had hurt her leg, it was badly mangled. She said it had got caught in an escslator, so I think that's where it came from.
    But what TA's me the most are parents who bring babies on escalators in buggies. WT actual F ??

Some places only have escalators, so what are you supposed to do? I am sure myself and Mrs E must have done this when the kids were buggy age.

Just asking in the nicest way...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Some places only have escalators, so what are you supposed to do? I am sure myself and Mrs E must have done this when the kids were buggy age.

Take the baby out of the buggy, roll them up in a ball, and imagine the people at the bottom of the stairs are a pack of skittles :D

I hate escalators myself because I can never get my footing right, especially on those ones that travel slow, but as soon as you step on them they speed up and you risk doing the splits! :mad:

I don't know eisenberg! I'd probably avoid those places with a buggy personally. They put the fear of God in me on escalators , I always picture them getting stuck, and carnage ensuing as people get dragged into the mechanics of the escalator !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I'm sure every possible moan has been covered at this stage but I will repeat one anyway....

Chuggers, fcking chuggers standing outside banks and local shops pi$$ me off something shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Starlings - I know they're probably hungry too but they arrive in numbers and bully the small birds away from the feeders and eat voraciously

Seven Worlds will Collide

Can't feel the car pedals properly when wearing my gym trainers.

Body lotion that has 'shimmer'. More like an entire factory of glitter. I look like I fell off a Christmas tree. It doesnt even wash off properly.
    Also, people who never answer their phone

Starlings - I know they're probably hungry too but they arrive in numbers and bully the small birds away from the feeders and eat voraciously

Violent little fcukers, even the crows are scared of them.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement