Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

73Cat wrote: »
    I don't know eisenberg! I'd probably avoid those places with a buggy personally. They put the fear of God in me on escalators , I always picture them getting stuck, and carnage ensuing as people get dragged into the mechanics of the escalator !

Imagine if you stuck a baby's shoe in the gap, just to watch people's reaction:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Self righteous beauty bloggers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My bag of Tesco Caesar salad is missing the bag of croutons:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

People who misinterpret reports or figures. For example more than half the wealth of the world is held by 1% of it's inhabitants. Now very crank is spouting how 1% of this country own all the wealth and 99% of us are struggling. When, in effect, most Irish people are among the 1%. Facts people facts. Stick to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Kids in restaurants who have drinks with straws, and they keep blowing down the straw to make bubbles in the glass. ****ing ayyyye, seriously, parents sitting there completely oblivious. I complain to my oh and he tells me I'm going to be one of those aul ones on Joe Duffy complaining about the youth of today. It annoys me he never gets why I'm so annoyed about things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

After making such a delish dinner (and intentionally making extra) and buying in plenty from the shop this morning, I've too many options for lunch tomorrow!

I want it all!!!

Almost 9:30 on a Monday morning and nobody has been TA'ed yet?

I'm TA about that...

Perhaps all the usuals have missed their bus / car broke down / alarm didn't go off, and shall be along shortly :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

People who misinterpret reports or figures. For example more than half the wealth of the world is held by 1% of it's inhabitants. Now very crank is spouting how 1% of this country own all the wealth and 99% of us are struggling. When, in effect, most Irish people are among the 1%. Facts people facts. Stick to them.

Misplaced apostrophes.

to shorten it is use the it's.
    IN ALL OTHER CASES NO APOSTROPHE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Public toilets with those annoying flush buttons. I used the bathroom then spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to get it to flush. You have to push the button in really far, which I can't do with these bad boys http://tinypic.com/r/64j6tz/8

Whats wrong with the handle you just push down eh :(

Reminds me of the time in Paris when I tried to use a public toilet. Never again. Some fancy f.ucking cubicle that "self cleanses" in between people. First, judging by the smell, it does in it's hole cleanse in between people. Second, the acrobatics one must engage in to actually get said toilet cleansed. Enter cubicle. Door won't close. Step outside again. Door closes. Door opens again before cleansing. Step inside. Door closes. Start unzipping.....door opens! Some stilly bint telling you to step in and out again. Step out. Toilet cleanses. Step back in..... left leg in...left leg out etc.

Wish I was a boy so I could do it behind a hedge! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Misplaced apostrophes.

to shorten it is use the it's.
    IN ALL OTHER CASES NO APOSTROPHE.

Capital letter at the start of a sentence!

No gold star for you :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21 ShawC5

A guy ask me out for Saturday night date, but did not show up until half an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

ShawC5 wrote: »
    A guy ask me out for Saturday night date, but did not show up until half an hour ago.

Was his watch wrong or what excuse did he have? That's more then trivially annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

Capital letter at the start of a sentence!

No gold star for you :pac:

Ok while we're on the subject of grammar, where's the verb in either of your sentences?

Zanablue wrote: »
    Was his watch wrong or what excuse did he have? That's more then trivially annoying.

By two days? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    By two days? :confused:

Haha! I know.. Sounds like he needs a good kick:P

People at me first thing on Monday. There should be laws against engaging someone before midday on a Monday. Seriously people f.uck off. You know when you're so irritable that someone asking you a question makes you feel like they are poking you with a stick? Urgh....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

TA about having the mobile ring when I was in the bathroom. Undue stress.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The rage that is building up inside me, people posting on the FB page of someone who has passed away, people writing posts about someone who has passed away all to inflate thier f*cking egos and to get online sympathy.

I wouldn't want to be dying when it takes so long for my phone to power on. It drives me nuts. Then not remembering to take it off silent from the night before, and missing calls .
    I had a shower this morning, and because I walk really quickly, I was pumping sweat by the time I got back up from the school.
    Another TA, the myth that porridge fills you up. I had a massive bowl with fruit and nuts a half hour ago , and I'm fookin starving again now :(

• Advertisement

I can't get that dance tune 'I'm an albatrouz' out of my head all morning. now I'm ready to get ready for a night out at 10:30 on a Monday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

TA That I got excited about buying towels and delph. I'm now an auld wan. My Days of chungwanhood are long gone

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

My weekend TA confessional.

I was doing a bit of DIY at home, using some expanding foam to fill in a gap I found in an awkward spot. After filling up the gap, a bit of the foam fell off onto the counter top, I scooped it up with my hand and went to the bin to lob it in.
    Got to the sink to wash the bit of goo off my hands, ended up spreding it all over my hands, hands started to stick together. Pured white spirits and nail polish remover on them, hands and fingers were still getting stuck, had to keep them moving so the foam wouldnt set.
    Mrs. Bap thought this was hilarious and was getting her phone out to take some pictures of my struggle. After getting her to put the phone down and read the directions on the stuff I was using, vegetable oil was needed to stop the sticking.
    Once the veggie oil was on, that stoped the adhesion and I was stuck with a crusty layer of crusty stuff all over my hands. Nearly 48 hours later and there is still some on my hands. I've managed to peel layers of skin off my hands as well. Any potential to be a hand model is gone I fear.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    The rage that is building up inside me, people posting on the FB page of someone who has passed away, people writing posts about someone who has passed away all to inflate thier f*cking egos and to get online sympathy.

Ah but at least Heaven got anuder "angle" :rolleyes: RIP Babes :mad:

RAGING is not the word. I have one jumper - no exaggeration, in my entire wardrobe. Just one. My entire wardrobe is very pretty, dresses, skirts, tops, blazers, but its not very functional. Just before Christmas, I saw this jumper and fell in love with it. It's a grey jumper with an owl on the front of it, that has actual wings and had buttons for eyes.

It was freezing last night, so cold. So I put on my owl jumper. Except when I got up there, one of his eyes has fallen off in the middle of the night :( I just know I'm not going to find an owl jumper like that again :(

Ah but at least Heaven got anuder "angle" :rolleyes: RIP Babes :mad:
    how acute of them

• Advertisement

TA I asked for a month off in September and explained it will be our honeymoon. My Boss has told me company policy doesn't allow it :( I wanted to go to Australia for a good friend's wedding :( Now I can't go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

MsBubbles wrote: »
    TA I asked for a month off in September and explained it will be our honeymoon. My Boss has told me company policy doesn't allow it :( I wanted to go to Australia for a good friend's wedding :( Now I can't go

You can go all right, but may need to quit.
    Perhaps saying to your boss that this is a deal breaker for you may encourage some flexibility on his side?
    If you work for a big company then perhaps check the employee handbook to see if it mentions this policy in there. Or ask your friendly HR person if you have one?

It was freezing last night, so cold. So I put on my owl jumper. Except when I got up there, one of his eyes has fallen off in the middle of the night :( I just know I'm not going to find an owl jumper like that again :(

Don't worry.
    There's loads of great jumpers like that!

I bet if you google for superb owl sweaters, you'll find lots.

There always seems to be loads of them around this time of year, and demand in New England and Seattle was sky high for some reason...

:pac:

Trigger Happy it's a small family run firm and the MD's word is law. I asked for 4 weeks didn't think I'd get 4 weeks but hoped we could meet in the middle and take 3 weeks leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Oh great, the boiler has just packed in. :mad:
    Have to get someone to fix it, money, money, money...

• Advertisement

RAGING is not the word. I have one jumper - no exaggeration, in my entire wardrobe. Just one. My entire wardrobe is very pretty, dresses, skirts, tops, blazers, but its not very functional. Just before Christmas, I saw this jumper and fell in love with it. It's a grey jumper with an owl on the front of it, that has actual wings and had buttons for eyes.

but...but....wait! Are you me?! Was it his left eye?! I was nodding along with your post going hmmm yes . Skirts and dresses only? Check. No warm clothes? Check. Form over function? Check. Oh I have one of those jumpers too...yeah with the owl and the wings and the brown button eyes and....argh! This is too weird! When I opened my wardrobe yesterday one of his eyes had fallen out! This is really strange. I feel like my brain has been pulled inside out :P

but...but....wait! Are you me?! Was it his left eye?! I was nodding along with your post going hmmm yes . Skirts and dresses only? Check. No warm clothes? Check. Form over function? Check. Oh I have one of those jumpers too...yeah with the owl and the wings and the brown button eyes and....argh! This is too weird! When I opened my wardrobe yesterday one of his eyes had fallen out! This is really strange. I feel like my brain has been pulled inside out :P

http://tinypic.com/r/qz55dd/8 :eek: this one?!?!

http://tinypic.com/r/2iqbl2v/8 :eek: :eek:

A love of wine and a general dislike of people?! Good lord!

aw Lexie ! Me and ONW are your new besties !
    yes to wine and a dislike of sheeple

http://tinypic.com/r/qz55dd/8 :eek: this one?!?!

http://tinypic.com/r/2iqbl2v/8 :eek: :eek:

A love of wine and a general dislike of people?! Good lord!

I can't see the photos at work but grey jumper, very loose, annoying sleeves that are neither long nor short?? Brown wings and brown leather button eyes? (Or "eye" as it now is in both their cases :()

Yes!! I got mine in pennies but I've never seen anyone else with one and it looks more new look than pennies. Mine lost his right eye. The OH said we can get him a patch :rolleyes: but I'll ask his mom if she can sew it back on because really, I love that jumper.
    Also, you're my top match on that boards.ie compatibility thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

:eek::eek: ?? At least the top half of that list are also very frequent posters in this thread (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=2057340850)

No surprise!

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    :eek::eek: ?? At least the top half of that list are also very frequent posters in this thread (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=2057340850)

No surprise!

Is that the amount of posts each? Oh God....I need to get a life....But I prefer this one in here where people understand me. :o

ONW I joined this thread about 6 months ago and look at the number of posts.

I really have no life :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

No surprise!

Me need hobby

TA never feeling comfortable with my appearance and when I try change it, I end up feeling even more uncomfortable. I have dark dark hair, really strong eyebrows and I probably wear too much makeup. But I like red lipstick. Really strong mad red lipstick. The OH doesn't like it, thinks I'm too pale for it and red lips belong on street corners. So, today, I'm trying to make a good impression. I have really nude lipstick and some gloss. No joke, I look like tila tequila. State of me.

• Advertisement

TA, we found a poor dog a while before Christmas wandering in the area. We brought him to a friend to foster while we searched for a home. We couldn't find one but in the interim the foster owner fell in love with him and so he got his forever home. That's all fine and fluffy until we spoke today. Apparently she brought him to the vet for checkup, vaccs etc and had him scanned. He's chipped and somehow came a couple of hundred miles to find us.

So, she called the registered owner who said he had left the dog in a local shelter but he kept escaping from it and returning (how sad :() so then they decided to leave it in a shelter in Wexford. OK....so then dog then escaped from the Wexford shelter. When she contacted the shelter she explained what had happened and that she has had the dog for a number of months, he's settled in, they're in love, she wants to keep him etc. Great yeah?? Apparently the shelter want to do a home check? What the actual??? So they are irresponsible enough to lose a dog they have staying with them and then someone calls and says they have the dog and he's been there for months and very happy and all that...and they want to do a home check? The feckin cheek of them. What kind of checks were they doing while he was wandering the streets trying to fend for himself? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Fcukwits in supermarkets. There I was in Dunnes this morning having had no coffee or food today, my shopping was on the conveyor belt, behind a ton of shopping the woman ahead of me had. Anyways, yer womans phone rings and a conversation ensues, despite the fact that the cashier is scanning yer womans shopping. Now at this point most people would tell the caller that they'd call them back, not so with this woman. Mrs fcukwit was randomly pointing shopping at her shopping bags oblivious to the fact that it wasn't going in the bags. It was when she stopped even trying to pack, turned away from the checkout and proceeded to chat about the tickets she'd bought that I lost the plot and pointed out to her in no uncertain terms that she wasn't packing and myself and the customer behind me were queuing.

Mrs fcukwit, mouth opening and closing in the goldfish like way of the truly fcukwitted mouth breathing w*anker, looking confused and upset:rolleyes:, hung up and packed her fricking shopping. Given that my fcukwit neighbour has kept me awake with his fcukwittery since Friday night my fcukwit tolerance is at an all time low and I'd passed livid at that point, I may have been foaming at the mouth.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

No surprise!

Must try harder, in my case :D

pull up those socks LynnGrace ;-)

Being introduced to people when your gob is full of food:(. Myself and sister went to an event with our mother yesterday. We had heard there would be food so we saved ourselves by having no lunch. We were warped with the hunger by the time the food was rolled out, and hid in a corner with plates piled high. We were barely breathing we were shovelling it in so fast. Our mother of course finds us, and starts introducing us to people. Oh the rage ! No. 1, a gobful of grub is not my most charming look. No.2, nothing induces my rage more than being disturbed from my food. All I could think was I have done my best here, passed myself, albeit smiling and nodding around a chicken wrap. And if these people don't feck off out of my face, the breadsticks will be all gone. Which they were :(

Needed something...
    Popped to shop at lunchtime.
    Got distracted...
    Got something.
    Came back.
    Realised the 'something' wasn't what I originally went to shop for...

Gah!
    Why am I such a stupidhead!

73cat always happens to me when I'm out for a meal just as I've put food in my mouth the waiter/ess will come over to ask if everything is ok .

73cat always happens to me when I'm out for a meal just as I've put food in my mouth the waiter/ess will come over to ask if everything is ok .

Ha, yes, and you look like a squirrel with your cheeks puffed out with food !!

yeah 73Cat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Philo Beddoe

I honestly think they do that deliberately, like an in-joke among waiting staff, as it happens to me every time. That said, I eat like a starving man so maybe it's inevitable.

Actually, there's a trivial thing that annoys me, going to dinner with a slow eater. Sitting there, plate cleared watching as your dinner partner methodically slices and forks and chews each mouthful the requisite 45 times recommended by that magazine for preventing weight gain. The film starts in 10 minutes, but sure there's always ads beforehand. Oh, you're ordering dessert? No, don't worry, I'll enjoy running to the cinema after a meal, I love arriving places sweaty and out of breath, stomach cramping. God damn it, stop talking to me about people I don't know and eat your f*cking food!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement