Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Sorry Lexie but false nails are an annoyance for me. They look shíte and I don't understand why people can't grow their own?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Light grey suit... water splash-back at toilet sink.

enough said!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Light grey suit... water splash-back at toilet sink.

enough said!

Hate that. And I would be there is no handdryer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

yeppydeppy I've tried everything under the sun to grow my nails but without fail after 2 weeks they break.
    I gave in December and got gel overlay for the 1st time in my life my nails don't break :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    Sorry Lexie but false nails are an annoyance for me. They look shíte and I don't understand why people can't grow their own?

They're not fake! Mine are gel overlays on my own nail.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

MsBubbles wrote: »
    73cat always happens to me when I'm out for a meal just as I've put food in my mouth the waiter/ess will come over to ask if everything is ok .
    73Cat wrote: »
    Ha, yes, and you look like a squirrel with your cheeks puffed out with food !!

I've noticed this too! Is it perhaps a cunning ploy to make their lives easier? Because we are forced to nod rather than say, "well now that you ask, can I have..."?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Hate that. And I would be there is no handdryer?

There is, but its located fairly high up on the wall, so any attempt to dry myself will look like I'm making awkward, but sweet sweet love to it as others come in!!

I managed to get back to my desk without many second glances thankfully!

A friend of mine is pregnant. Just saw her today and the baby was kicking her. You could see bits of the baby, maybe a foot or something, wiggling about in her tummy. It's the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. I feel queasy even thinking about it. I am freaked out. Gross

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

False advertising. I usually buy a bag of brown rice in Dunnes. I've never paid more than 3 euro for it, not their own brand. Today it was priced at 4 euro 'reduced from 5.99'. Total bollox, they must've had it at that price for 1 day or something. Either way, I won't be buying it from Dunnes again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

MsBubbles wrote: »
    73cat always happens to me when I'm out for a meal just as I've put food in my mouth the waiter/ess will come over to ask if everything is ok .
    Ha, yes, and you look like a squirrel with your cheeks puffed out with food !!
    I honestly think they do that deliberately, like an in-joke among waiting staff, as it happens to me every time.

I'm picturing the staff having an evil little laugh to themselves, a bit like the scene in Friends where they are taking bets with one another on whether or not Ross has been stood up :D when Joey sets him up on a blind date, then cancels it deliberately. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

At a parent teacher meeting in a massive queue so may as well have a bit of a TA. There are some very good looking teachers here, only one so far teaching my girl.
    One teacher had pen on her chin and the urge to lick my thumb and rub it off was overwhelming !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Withered up veg in super markets. What a disgrace thinking people would want to buy such substandard food!

False advertising. I usually buy a bag of brown rice in Dunnes. I've never paid more than 3 euro for it, not their own brand. Today it was priced at 4 euro 'reduced from 5.99'. Total bollox, they must've had it at that price for 1 day or something. Either way, I won't be buying it from Dunnes again.

Am still seriously impressed by your earlier rant about the person in the queue! :D
    I'd love to have seen the hurt look, jeez some people!
    Did she think the rest of you should just stand admiring the check out while she had her chat!

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Am still seriously impressed by your earlier rant about the person in the queue! :D
    I'd love to have seen the hurt look, jeez some people!
    Did she think the rest of you should just stand admiring the check out while she had her chat!

I've never seen anything like it before. She honestly just stopped packing and stood with her back to the checkout chatting.:confused: Maybe she expected the cashier to pack for her. She picked the wrong checkout though. I wouldn't put up with it any time, but certainly not this morning. It was funny that she just ended the call and dropped the phone in her bag, she said nothing at all to the caller so she knew she was in the wrong.:D She seemed genuinely shocked, can't see how though. Stupid cow, sometimes I think that giving them a boot in the arse would be providing a public service.

I wish I knew people like you pumpkin :D

I wish I knew people like you pumpkin :D

If you know any women in their 40's then you know people like me. You just reach a point in your mid 30's where you just don't take sh*t from people anymore, especially not from simpletons. The bullsh*t tolerance level decreases with age.:D Factor in having had no coffee or food that morning and you have a woman more volatile than explosives.

I've never seen anything like it before. She honestly just stopped packing and stood with her back to the checkout chatting.:confused: Maybe she expected the cashier to pack for her. She picked the wrong checkout though. I wouldn't put up with it any time, but certainly not this morning. It was funny that she just ended the call and dropped the phone in her bag, she said nothing at all to the caller so she knew she was in the wrong.:D She seemed genuinely shocked,can't see how though. Stupid cow, sometimes I think that giving them a boot in the arse would be providing a public service.

It just shows how much some people live in their own little world, having zero consideration for others, holding up the queue and delaying the cashier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

When a film catches you off guard be becoming really really sad in the last 10 minutes. I watched The Perks of Being a Wallflower earlier and it was all lovely, there's Emma Watson dancing and the misfits are the really cool kids (sounds just like my secondary school) and there's a few shady bits but really they're all just having the craic. You think the film isn't going to delve too much into the shady bits but then 15 minutes from the end the few shady bits are explored fully and jesus christ it's so sad :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

LynnGrace wrote: »
    It just shows how much some people live in their own little world, having zero consideration for others, holding up the queue and delaying the cashier.

That's it in a nutshell LynnGrace, feck all consideration for others. Some people are so self consumed!

I loved the scene with patrick and the teacher but I agree, was a very sad movie :(

• Advertisement

Last teacher, queue a mile long typically. I'm fading away with hunger. I can't feel me legs ..........

Whoop just been told only 5 minutes left. Out da gap, boy !!!

Last teacher, queue a mile long typically. I'm fading away with hunger. I can't feel me legs ..........

Is the child in trouble when you get home?!

Is the child in trouble when you get home?!

Haha, not this time :)

I'm morto for myself, when it was announced over the tannoy that there was only 5 minutes left, and therefore no point in waiting, I stood up and went "Boom!"really loudly . Totally forgot where I was stuck in the thread. Hasty exit, no looking back!

I'm morto for myself, when it was announced over the tannoy that there was only 5 minutes left, and therefore no point in waiting, I stood up and went "Boom!"really loudly . Totally forgot where I was stuck in the thread. Hasty exit, no looking back!

Love it! :D

In films or tv shows when a woman takes off a motorbike helmet and shakes out a glossy mane of hair. That never happens. Ever. If you leave your hair loose outside a helmet you'd be better off shaving your head than trying to get the tangles out.

In films or tv shows when a woman takes off a motorbike helmet and shakes out a glossy mane of hair. That never happens. Ever. If you leave your hair loose outside a helmet you'd be better off shaving your head than trying to get the tangles out.

That reminds me of a girl I used to work with, one time, her husband gave her a lift to work on his motorbike. When she was trying to take off the helmet, she couldn't open it, at first, she was nearly hysterical with laughing, as a result...which didn't help :D.

Definitely not a glossy mane scenario.

TA at myself cos I spent 10 minutes looking for my car keys :( Had to borrow Himself's keys but now I have no front door key :(

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Shaving mirrors after the shower.

The best time for a shave and you can't see jack.

• Advertisement

Got into work then spilt my cup of coffee all over my desk and down one leg of my trousers. Should have stayed in bed :(

Simpletons on trains, actually has her suitcase sitting on the seat next to her. Every day I get on the train, and every single day there's some class of imbicle taking up two seats on a packed train. And it's usually members of the blue rinse brigade. Who are no doubt travelling for free too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,216 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

TA'ing myself all over the place this morning. I said to someone last night "you go get the duck tape and get naked while I boil the kettle"...

You don't boil a kettle, the kettle boils the water IN the kettle! It's a bit like saying "put some toast in the toaster" :confused:

Had a phone call just now and forgot to take out my earphones, gave them a full blast of Amy MacDonald when I held the phone up to my ear :o

Indecisive people, they had called me to have a look at some work for them, no problem, I asked what time they'd like to meet to go over it... eventually had to tell them I'll pick it up later and have a look over it myself :rolleyes:

I can tell it's going to be one of those days already...

And dammit this coffee is burning the taste buds off me, dafuq MaccyD's? I thought they were supposed to be reducing the beverage temps? :(

My eczema is so bad at the moment so I was awake for an hour last night with a really itchy head and all day Sunday my armpits were so itchy and they're actually sore now because I am like a child and cannot stop myself from scratching :(
    My forehead is really itchy now too.
    Woe is me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

"This is, by far, the best leather rhinocerous I've ever bought." -- Drew Pritchard, Salvage Hunters.

I am trivially annoyed that I did not utter that astoundingly wonderful sentance. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Trying to buy a free range chicken yesterday. Think there was one to be found in any of the larger supermarket stores? Not a f.ucking hope. Do they think all their shoppers are immoral savages who only eat battery hens who've spent their entire lives living in darkness and are then slaughtered withhout seeing the light of day? I walked out of two stores. In the end, I found one.....in Lidl. Take that Lidl/Aldi snobs.:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

My eczema is so bad at the moment so I was awake for an hour last night with a really itchy head and all day Sunday my armpits were so itchy and they're actually sore now because I am like a child and cannot stop myself from scratching :(
    My forehead is really itchy now too.
    Woe is me.

It's my knees and my belly driving me mad at the moment. Trim those nails real short.

Men that are very vocal about whether or not women should have an abortion or not. Men complaining that they should have a say regarding getting rid of a child they don't want (even when the woman has made it clear she's keeping it) or keeping a child when the woman has decided she wants to get rid of it.

By all means, discuss the options, listen to each other, but at the end of the day, the buck stops with the incubator. It's not his body, ergo, he has no business trying to force a woman into doing something - to her body - that she doesn't want to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

chakotha wrote: »

Rub shaving cream/soap on the mirror and wipe off - not sure if the canned goo works though

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

chakotha wrote: »

I always shave in the shower. I have a small mirror with sucker pads on the wall, and a light rub of soap stops it fogging, and then you can see jack;)

Why is Jack in the Shower with you Chaktotha ? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

TA'ing myself all over the place this morning. I said to someone last night "you go get the duck tape and get naked while I boil the kettle"...

o_O

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Now don't all attack me at once,
    but I always thought it was duct tape......

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I always shave in the shower. I have a small mirror with sucker pads on the wall, and a light rub of soap stops it fogging, and then you can see jack;)

Am I the only weirdo who shaves before the shower??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

TV Shows:

THey are all at now of showing you what is going to happen in a show at the start and before breaks thereby ruining any element of surprise and then after a commercial break recapping what they just showed you as if you were a goldfish.

Makes TV really unenjoyable. Can't watch live anymore, record all on Sky box, and whizz past all intros, ads and 'Coming up' bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

It depends on the application..............

Taping ducks together vs. taping ducts. Different situations!

jimgoose wrote: »
    Am I the only weirdo who shaves before the shower??

I think afterwards is better because the heat opens your pores a little and the hair is probably softer.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Shaving?

I think afterwards is better because the heat opens your pores a little and the hair is probably softer.

So I hear, but I prefer to get all that messing out of the way and only then give myself a good power-hosing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

I think that's it. I can't shave in the shower, my skin's stupidly sensitive so I leave the foam/cream on a good bit, let it soak in, then shave...

As usual, the simple things are surprisingly complicated! :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duct_tape

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement