Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I think afterwards is better because the heat opens your pores a little and the hair is probably softer.

And thats just under his arms:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,216 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    o_O

Should've added in this guy ":pac:", I was only putting on the kettle for coffee, em... afterwards :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

danrua01 wrote: »
    I think that's it. I can't shave in the shower, my skin's stupidly sensitive so I leave the foam/cream on a good bit, let it soak in, then shave...

Hair conditioner is really good too, my skin is really sensitive and shaving gel drives my skin insane, so that's what I use and it's fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Hair conditioner is really good too, my skin is really sensitive and shaving gel drives my skin insane, so that's what I use and it's fantastic.

At the risk of sounding like the seat of Ryan Giggs' Bentley, I use Gillette shaving gel and Nivea after-shave balm. Mighty tack, the both of 'em. :cool:

danrua01 wrote: »
    I think that's it. I can't shave in the shower, my skin's stupidly sensitive so I leave the foam/cream on a good bit, let it soak in, then shave...

For when you are bristly, and have a bit of time. Heat a damp face towel in the microwave for a few mins and apply to face (be careful) and use shaving oil.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Back when I used to shave, I'd always use one of the expensive razors and Shea Butter Shaving Cream. Put the cream on and let in settle for a few minutes, then have a really refreshing shave.
    .....not sure if there are and male shaving utensils in the house these days. I used to have to keep some around for when I was travelling with work. Now I dont bother shaving when doing face to face's with clients.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    For when you are bristly, and have a bit of time. Heat a damp face towel in the microwave for a few mins and apply to face (be careful) and use shaving oil.

Sounds good and makes sense. I might try it when I get a microwave! I don't think throwing a towel in the oven would do...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

My 6 year old boy has recently become obsessed with computer games. He wants to sleep over in all his friends houses that have an XBox, always wants his DS, but we are managing to control him quite well.

But this morning, the moment I've been dreading arrived. He has seen me briefly playing my playstation a couple of times, and when he's seen me, it's just me turning it off as I would never play around the kids. So while we were brushing our teeth he says:

"Daddy, you know the games that you play on the TV, like the XBox, but it's not an XBox"
    "Yes son, it's called a Playstation, and is far superior to an XBox"
    "Can we play games together on Friday and Saturday?, maybe a football game"

He's finally put 2 and 2 together and realised there is a games console in the house. My games console is essentially no longer mine.

You all should just try waxing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    My 6 year old boy has recently become obsessed with computer games. He wants to sleep over in all his friends houses that have an XBox, always wants his DS, but we are managing to control him quite well.

But this morning, the moment I've been dreading arrived. He has seen me briefly playing my playstation a couple of times, and when he's seen me, it's just me turning it off as I would never play around the kids. So while we were brushing our teeth he says:

"Daddy, you know the games that you play on the TV, like the XBox, but it's not an XBox"
    "Yes son, it's called a Playstation, and is far superior to an XBox"
    "Can we play games together on Friday and Saturday?, maybe a football game"

He's finally put 2 and 2 together and realised there is a games console in the house. My games console is essentially no longer mine.

Just tell him the PSN has been hacked, it's a very reasonable excuse and probably true most of the time!

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Only a matter of time before...

"Da, where's the car keys?..":D

Only a matter of time before...

"Da, where's the car keys?..":D
    I'll be doing exactly what my father done.

"You can have car keys when you can afford your own"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I am shocked. Shocked and appauled. Those naughty aul wans! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

They've finally copped that I'm not as busy as I could be in work - extra stuff to do and less time on Boards? Fecks sake, you'd swear they were paying me or something....

I'm so emotional lately. I hate it. Im sitting here minding my own business, happy out, then I think about how much I love my dogs and God what will I do if one of them dies, I love them so much, and there I am, crying. 15 minutes later, snapchatting my friend and laughing like there was nothing on my mind at all. I am insane. :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

I'm so emotional lately. I hate it. Im sitting here minding my own business, happy out, then I think about how much I love my dogs and God what will I do if one of them dies, I love them so much, and there I am, crying. 15 minutes later, snapchatting my friend and laughing like there was nothing on my mind at all. I am insane. I be trippin:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

ah poor Lexie.

MsBubbles wrote: »
    ah poor Lexie.

It's ok I'm better now, and happy again for another while. I text the oh the same thing and he replied with the lyrics from that akon song "sexy bitch" but changed the lyrics to "dayum you a crazy phish" so stupid but I lold

I am HANGING for payday. Can't cope with the anticipation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I am HANGING for payday. Can't cope with the anticipation

Do you get paid near the start / mid month?

I've bad news for you if it's near the end...

TA: Payday that's not in sync with mates paydays.
    When I'm roaring to go out on the town after getting paid, they're still dining on beans on toast...

• Advertisement

LynnGrace smoking means you can smell diddly squat. It was amazing how much better my sense of smell got after I quit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

LynnGrace smoking means you can smell diddly squat. It was amazing how much better my sense of smell got after I quit.

Bet you didn't stink of B.O either way :D

Ugh, I wish I hadn't reminded myself of that guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Guinness has officially sold-out with these new ads promoting the upcoming Six Nations.

Whatever about the Munster All Blacks one being over-played a couple of months ago, they are now airing one on Shane Williams and Johnny Wilkinson, two lads who done their fare share of damage to Ireland over the years. Over-dramatised too of course. Irish institution by eye!

You know your easily annoyed when a TV ad gets your goat up, although this maybe belongs in the "Adverts You Despise" thread on the television forum.

People with terrible diction who get píssed when you ask them to repeat themselves. Slack jawed morons who are too lazy to engage all the requisite facial muscles needed for proper pronounciation :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Baxterly13

Eating with mouth open!

People who breathe really loudly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Baxterly13

Oh and nothing more annoying when using Public Transport and someone opens up some stinky form of food!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

When you are on the phone in work and the person sitting near you continually blows their nose..not even a long continuous blow but one where they keep squeezing and releasing their nose..FFS I thought I would swing out of her:mad:

Now hear this: The following individuals/organisations are going to be receiving regular invoices for my time going forward:

* Bus Eireann/Dublin Bus/any shower of latchicos who habitually and regularly place a stoating great lumbering box the size of a bungalow blocking my way at junctions and narrow roads.

* Any knobjockey who dials one of my telephones with their own number blocked. I was a cellular infrastructure engineer at Motorola for seven years. I will find you. I will find you, and I will insert that telephone in your ear.

* Organisations who want to service my boiler/install telephone services/trim my nostril hair/whatever, who, on being asked what time they expect to roll along, calmly, with a straight face, tell me they'll be round "sometime between 10am and 4pm". What in the actual fortified hallucinating fcuk? What do you think I do all day? What do you think pays for your life of leisure??

* Old women in shops at lunchtime holding up a queue the length of the M8 while they sort out their lottery tickets, reorganise their many, many shopping-bags and attempt to pay for a dozen eggs and four packs of bog-roll with a Laser card that expired in 2007.

* Any "professional" who makes an appointment with me, and then trundles along twenty minutes late for said appointment out of breath and with hair and bags flying everywhere. Here is the news: this is not good enough, does not inspire confidence, and wastes my time. I'm leaving, you're not getting paid, and in fact you owe me for a full hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

And the sense of taste - I found the Guinness tasted even more delicious after I quit the fags.

Addendum: Phil "Rawhide" Hogan owes me €187,000 for the sheer vast amount of inconsumable, incredible, dumbfounding horse-shít he has perpetrated upon me for the last two years or so in the form of Irish bastarding Water and all its infernal appendages and works. Blast to Hades!!! :mad:

• Advertisement

My brother, the man child. To used to being babied and spoilt and now he's an ungrateful self entitled prick. It's only the last year he's realised dinner doesn't cook itself, bills don't pay themselves and it stresses him out. He text me today fighting with me for not washing up yesterday. He seems to forget the fact I wasn't there all weekend so anything that isn't washed up, is from him.

He gets so angry and so stressed out because there's nothing in the house, the heating isn't on, there's no loo roll, the esb bill arrived etc. I've been fending for myself since I was 17 years old and he's had someone wiping his ass up until last year.

So ****ing aggressive. There is no need for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

My brother, the man child. To used to being babied and spoilt and now he's an ungrateful self entitled prick. It's only the last year he's realised dinner doesn't cook itself, bills don't pay themselves and it stresses him out. He text me today fighting with me for not washing up yesterday. He seems to forget the fact I wasn't there all weekend so anything that isn't washed up, is from him.

He gets so angry and so stressed out because there's nothing in the house, the heating isn't on, there's no loo roll, the esb bill arrived etc. I've been fending for myself since I was 17 years old and he's had someone wiping his ass up until last year.

Could he not advertise in the Farmers journal for a wife?

My brother, the man child...

He sounds like an utterly fascinating character. I know a few man-children, but they tend to be better around the house than a fifty-year-old mother of seven. Does this fella work?

jimgoose wrote: »
    He sounds like an utterly fascinating character. I know a few man-children, but they tend to be better around the house than a fifty-year-old mother of seven. Does this fella work?

Yeah full time he does welding and fabricating stuff, I don't really know what exactly, then he works the farm, then during summer he works after work/farm on silage outfits. But he's just so nasty to me, the prick.

Spotted my next mistake :D

The stupid Bus Eireann driver who I let out in front of me this morning, who need to take up both lanes grr.
    I also forgot my lunch today I'm having a cunnox of a day.

Yeah full time he does welding and fabricating stuff, I don't really know what exactly, then he works the farm, then during summer he works after work/farm on silage outfits. But he's just so nasty to me, the prick.

Sounds like too much red meat in his diet, and maybe you could be a bit more patient with the poor fella, give him a bit of TLC. Failing that, a good, swift hobnailed boot in the balls might sort him.:D

Sounds like too much red meat in his diet, and maybe you could be a bit more patient with the poor fella, give him a bit of TLC. Failing that, a good, swift hobnailed boot in the balls might sort him.:D

He's just so angry! He smacked me with a sweeping brush because my puppy ate the couch. You'd swear I was after eating it. I'm just fed up of him.

There is an ancient Shaolin technique, takes years to master but it's extremely relaxing. It consists of spinning right around on the ball of one foot so fast you're able to give yourself an almighty kick up in the hole. Just sayin', like. :D

• Advertisement

I think we have the same brother. I don't even want to start typing the things that are wrong with mine because I'd be here all day. Suffice to say he's a selfish, self-absorbed, emotionally crippled cúnt of a yoke who only cares about his car, his 3 in 1 and is singularly responsible for keeping the Thai prostitution market going. If anything happened to my Dad I'd insist on him moving out because he's the type of chauvanistic príckface who'd bully my mother into a corner for the rest of her days. Stupid, no good waste of space with the intellect of a garden pea and the comprehension skills of a knat on speed.

I think I said too much already.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I blame the mammies! ;)

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I think we have the same brother. I don't even want to start typing the things that are wrong with mine because I'd be here all day. Suffice to say he's a selfish, self-absorbed, emotionally crippled cúnt of a yoke who only cares about his car, his 3 in 1 and is singularly responsible for keeping the Thai prostitution market going. If anything happened to my Dad I'd insist on him moving out because he's the type of chauvanistic príckface who'd bully my mother into a corner for the rest of her days. Stupid, no good waste of space with the intellect of a garden pea and the comprehension skills of a knat on speed.

I think I said too much already.... :(

Sooooo, you aint too fond of him, I take it.:D

I blame the mammies! ;)

And the daddies. And the sister! My mom died when he was only 16, and both me and my dad spoilt him rotten cause he took it really bad, he went completely off the rails. He's 25, and I'm still buying his boxers for him ffs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

And the daddies. And the sister! My mom died when he was only 16, and both me and my dad spoilt him rotten cause he took it really bad, he went completely off the rails. He's 25, and I'm still buying his boxers for him ffs.

god, some people.

Im glad my mammy wasn't still buying me my undies at 25 .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A bit of tough love is needed. Withdraw the life support gradually.

• Advertisement

I blame the mammies! ;)

You wouldn't believe how accurate that is! Although I believe he has an innate shítheadedness, my mother certainly nourished it instead of knocking it on the head. He gets away with murder. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Shops discontinuing certain products.

My other half loves pork scratchings and our local Dealz always had them. Then about five months ago, they stopped selling them.
    He asked the manager if he was ordering anymore, to which the manager said he'd get some in the folllowing week.

Sure enough, there were more on sale the next week. But when they went, there was no sign of anymore.
    Save for us constantly asking for them, they're obviously not going to keep them on a permanent order.

Tesco did this too, with their Mild Chilli Rice Cakes and Homepride sauces. And their frozen chips in the blue bag.

Things I loved and can't replace 'cos nothing's the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Colser wrote: »
    When you are on the phone in work and the person sitting near you continually blows their nose..not even a long continuous blow but one where they keep squeezing and releasing their nose..FFS I thought I would swing out of her :mad:

No court in the land would convict you if you did! Ugh!

This:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0203/677588-alcohol/

Do they think we are all morons? This is not going to stop binge drinking. Just another f.ucking nanny state move. A smokescreen to hide the fact that they just want to charge us more and line the pockets of their publican friends. Screw this f.ucking pack of idiots ruining running our country.

He probably has a funny, "Man" way of demonstrating how much he loves you.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement