Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    This:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0203/677588-alcohol/

Do they think we are all morons? This is not going to stop binge drinking. Just another f.ucking nanny state move. A smokescreen to hide the fact that they just want to charge us more and line the pockets of their publican friends. Screw this f.ucking pack of idiots ruining running our country.

I think supermarkets should be banned completely from selling alcohol, the legal age raised to 23 and passports or full driver's licenses required before you get inside the door of a pub or off-license.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

jimgoose wrote: »
    He probably has a funny, "Man" way of demonstrating how much he loves you.

Yeah i think so Jim! I give people I love black eyes too, just so they'll know I love them. :pac:

TA I had to wear jeggings and boots today because I didn't wash my uniforms over the weekend, then walking to the luas they kept falling down so I was walking like a simpleton trying to hold them up. Why don't places make clothes that fit properly

Yeah i think so Jim! I give people I love black eyes too, just so they'll know I love them. :pac:

TA I had to wear jeggings and boots today because I didn't wash my uniforms over the weekend, then walking to the luas they kept falling down so I was walking like a simpleton trying to hold them up. Why don't places make clothes that fit properly

Get a bigger car. Then you can wear a bin-bag and, repeat after me, "I'm the bawss-maun I aum!!" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

When you wake up in good form(very unusual for me:)),look out the window at a lovely snow scene ,realise that there no ice on the roads and arrive into work in relative good form (even though Tuesday is normally my worse day) only for the whole day to go downhill rapidly..I have met and dealt with one idiot after another today,honestly there must be a full moon due or something.What the hell is wrong with people today!!!
    Also car sales men,they torment you with calls when you show any interest in a car but as soon as you buy it they loose the ability to make a call.Someone is going to get it from me soon if they dont start to cop the fck on. Dont tell me its me at fault or I will fall apart altogether:D

Get a bigger car. Then you can wear a bin-bag and, repeat after me, "I'm the bawss-maun I aum!!" :)

Jim find me a butler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

MsBubbles wrote: »
    The stupid Bus Eireann driver who I let out in front of me this morning, who need to take up both lanes grr.
    I also forgot my lunch today I'm having a cunnox of a day.

I see Jim's word is catching on !

Try the Riverisland ones Lexie,few euro more but well worth it imo..nothing worse than a saggy waistband and hanging crotch in jeggings..:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    This:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0203/677588-alcohol/

Do they think we are all morons? This is not going to stop binge drinking. Just another f.ucking nanny state move. A smokescreen to hide the fact that they just want to charge us more and line the pockets of their publican friends. Screw this f.ucking pack of idiots ruining running our country.

I'd nearly support the bill if it means Guinness stops airing their recent over-sentimental ads that I mentioned as a TA earlier today

Colser wrote: »
    Try the Riverisland ones Lexie,few euro more but well worth it imo..nothing worse than a saggy waistband and hanging crotch in jeggings..:)

I'm just awkward, if they fit my fat hips and ass they'll be too big at waist :(

...Also car sales men,they torment you with calls when you show any interest in a car but as soon as you buy it they loose the ability to make a call.Someone is going to get it from me soon if they dont start to cop the fck on. Dont tell me its me at fault or I will fall apart altogether:D

I love car salesdroids, they're my favourite food after those Indian people who want to repair my electrical computing-device! :)

• Advertisement

Jim find me a butler

Ma'am??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

TA....Tuesdays at work.

The weekend is long gone, and the next weekend is too far away.

Neither the middle nor the start of the week. Long feckin day always.

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    I see Jim's word is catching on !

So it should, yer pommie bawrstawrd! :)

I'm just awkward, if they fit my fat hips and ass they'll be too big at waist :(

Oh for fcuk sake, your like the girl equivalent of a Lamborghini Miura Jota. Talk about impossible! :):):)

Oh for fcuk sake, your like the girl equivalent of a Lamborghini Miura Jota. Talk about impossible! :):):)

I googled! I don't see the comparrison, Chungfellit. Except we are both old and pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

When radio Dj s do that stupid talking thing Over the intro to songs!
    I'd much rather hear the intro than their stupid voice!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

flapjacks that aren't proper flapjacks - just sweet goo in a wrapper marked flapjack, taking the rightful place of the real flapjacks.

Others feel the same - the proof is all the good flapjacks sell out and the brand that shall go unnamed for mod purposes (clue: Ferris Bueller) remains fully stocked for months yet the dumbass retailer insists on restocking them and taking up space that could hold my proper chewy oaty flapjacks.

same with yazoo, tastes of chalk, impostor faux-chocolate-milk takes up the rightful spot of my mooju or breaktime.
    usurper of retail space, full of false promises, the spam email of the chocolate milk range, the herpes of the milk based beverage world.

(mentioned this before in 'trivial things' yet somehow the issue still remains unresolved)

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

When you wake up in good form(very unusual for me:)),look out the window at a lovely snow scene ,realise that there no ice on the roads and arrive into work in relative good form (even though Tuesday is normally my worse day) only for the whole day to go downhill rapidly..I have met and dealt with one idiot after another today,honestly there must be a full moon due or something.What the hell is wrong with people today!!!
    Also car sales men,they torment you with calls when you show any interest in a car but as soon as you buy it they loose the ability to make a call.Someone is going to get it from me soon if they dont start to cop the fck on. Dont tell me its me at fault or I will fall apart altogether:D
    It looks fairly full at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

It's a classy chassis Lexi, the Lambo, so if someone is comparing, take it and run, woohoo..
    I prefer the Lambo to Ferrari any day

• Advertisement

selous wrote: »
    It's a classy chassis Lexi, the Lambo, so if someone is comparing, take it and run, woohoo..
    I prefer the Lambo to Ferrari any day

Years and years and YEARS ago when I first met my OH he used to compare his ahem lets say feelings for me with his feeling towards an XR3i (young people ignore this)..Think I was short changed big time,Lexie Im well jel :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Years and years and YEARS ago when I first met my OH he used to compare his ahem lets say feelings for me with his feeling towards an XR3i (young people ignore this)..Think I was short changed big time,Lexie Im well jel :D

I remember them, fine rear If memory serves me well:D

An XR3i, ahh bless, (I had an XR8 when I was overseas),
    But the XR3i, everyone wanted one of them, maybe that's what he meant.......eh??

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I remember them, fine rear If memory serves me well:D
    Nothing wrong with your memory eisenberg:D

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

An XR3, what's that, a primitive iPhone?? :p

Oh oh, they were out about the time cell phones came out, but you had to but the battery for the phone in the boot of the XR3.

• Advertisement

danrua01 wrote: »
    An XR3, what's that, a primitive iPhone?? :p
    Whaa,the cheek of ya!!:D It was a sought after,attractive,popular model in its day,a babe catcher of a calibre that those snapchat gadgets will never achieve ;)

selous wrote: »
    Oh oh, they were out about the time cell phones came out, but you had to but the battery for the phone in the boot of the XR3.
    Oh the memories:DPhones the size of blocks in the back pocket of yer 501s..and the CB radios so we could communicate between cars .TAed now because all this is making me feel very old..change the subject someone.

Right how's this for change of subject.
    Someone with that cold, blowing their nose in front of you, and somehow smearing the blood filled snot around their chin...... My stomach heaved so much I nearly drowned him in pu*e. Ugh, my hair's standing on end thinking about it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Two more trivial annoyances :

1. Eavesdroppers (or nosy fcuckers) It seems I can't have a conversation in public anymore without someone close by tilting their head or turning to stare, hanging on every word. I'm really quiet, so I'm not simply being overheard. People just rudely listen in.Whether I'm queuing somewhere with the OH or sitting in a cafe chatting with a friend, I just can't escape these nosy parkers. And their heads are bobbing around the place listening to all the other conversations as well.

2. I am craving cigarettes. The above could just be craving irritability induced paranoia. I just can't stop thinking about smoking. It is everywhere, on tv, in books I read, on the street. Temptation is everywhere! I haven't had a single cigarette since Christmas Day. I don't want to stink and I like being able to breathe when I exercise. It's just every person who smokes is like yer man out of Father Ted for me right now. "Aaah. Lovely fags..." Aargh!!

partner tells me Bruce Springsteen is coming and he'd like to get us tickets.

Ok, I like a Springsteen concert as much as the next gal, but Hello!!!! AC/DC are coming ffs , how about tickets for them???

:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Jake1 wrote: »
    partner tells me Bruce Springsteen is coming and he'd like to get us tickets.

Ok, I like a Springsteen concert as much as the next gal, but Hello!!!! AC/DC are coming ffs , how about tickets for them???

:(
    I think they sold out after an hour

though I was surprised to hear they were still alive

I googled! I don't see the comparrison, Chungfellit. Except we are both old and pretty.

Ohphphuphuxache, ye haven't a clue between ye. A Lamborghini is a pernickety, brittle, horrifically expensive, unpredictable, impossible piece of bastardtude. It is also the most jaw-droppingly gorgeous, Valkerie-screaming, worshIpped creature in the Universe. :)

I think they sold out after an hour

though I was surprised to hear they were still alive

Turn this up to 11:

Ohphphuphuxache, ye haven't a clue between ye. A Lamborghini is a pernickety, brittle, horrifically expensive, unpredictable, impossible piece of bastardtude.

I'm wake. I know you're describing a car but that describes me down to a a T. Serious lol

I'm wake. I know you're describing a car but that describes me down to a a T. Serious lol

Yes, I partly guessed. Call it Male Intuition! :)

Do you sound like this, by any chance:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I've got to collect my Dad from hospital this morning. TA is that I'm hanging around at home waiting for a phone call to tell me when I can collect him. Huff, it could be a long day. I hate waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

I've got to collect my Dad from hospital this morning. TA is that I'm hanging around at home waiting for a phone call to tell me when I can collect him. Huff, it could be a long day. I hate waiting.

This is when an XBox and Skyrim comes in handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Yes, I partly guessed. Call it Male Intuition! :)

Do you sound like this, by any chance:

That's what I sound like first thing in the morning.
    I used cunnox the other day and Mr Bubbles thought it was great :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The low early morning sun that makes every window in the house look filthy. Nothing for it but to get out there and wash them. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

The low early morning sun that makes every window in the house look filthy. Nothing for it but to get out there and wash them. :(

Or get up later :P

• Advertisement

The puppy has figured out how to push open the shower door while I'm in the shower. Little brat. Big massive shovels for paws, leaping against the glass. No more peaceful showers, as he freaks out if he's locked out of a room. He comes everywhere with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

"There's history in the baking" - F.uck off.

Also.

I have a crazy, irrational dislike for baby on board signs. Even more rage for those "Abbie on board." Etc ones.
    I'm friends on facebook with an illiterate idiot I was in primary school with, who has an IQ that's 3 degrees below whale sh.it

Last night she posted up this rambling barely literate status about how important those baby on board signs are as they alert emergency services that there's a baby in the car in case of an accident.

Obviously I had to be a dickhead. I asked her what if the child wasn't in the car at the time of an accident, and still had the sign displayed surely that should be a criminal offence, wasting time and effort looking for a child that wasn't even there.

She called me a baby hater. Can you believe it? She was also posting **** about Finnish babies sleeping in a box that the government sent out to them with a mattress and clothes for each baby that was born, and how ireland should do the same. I couldn't even hold my tongue on that one.

So now apparently I'm a baby hater.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Those Baby on board signs are ridiculous.

Can you imagine the emergency services NOT checking a car fully to make sure they had rescued all passengers?
    "No boss, we did not see the kid - did not bother looking in the back seat as there was no BOB sign".

You are absolutely correct Lexie. The baby on board was designed to alert emergency services and shouldn't be displayed when baby is not on board. That does my head in too.

It's just a way for pain in the arse parents to send a mass message to the population informing them they have a crotch goblin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

even better "Princess on board"

Those Baby on board signs are ridiculous.

Can you imagine the emergency services NOT checking a car fully to make sure they had rescued all passengers?
    "No boss, we did not see the kid - did not bother looking in the back seat as there was no BOB sign".

They came about after that very scenario occurred a couple of times in one year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

The sign that really pees me off is Babe on Board, usually driven by a worse looking version of the Ugly Sisters in Cinderella

• Advertisement

They came about after that very scenario occurred a couple of times in one year.

Utter nonsense. Urban myth. Those signs are pure Hallmark, pandering-to-vanity rubbish! :pac:

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/parental/babysign.asp

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement