Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Do we all post in the TTTMYH thread once we're boozed up and happy though? :D

Trivial Things That Melt Your Head?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    We should all chip in and get a fleet of vans going. The TTTAY booze cruise! Imagine all the fun we'd have being TA'd by everything going over...and being merry as a fart coming back :P

We would probably all be trivially annoyed by one another...mass slaughter, then what would happen to the thread :D!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Ah no LynnGrace, we'd take it all on the other passengers.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    We would probably all be trivially annoyed by one another...mass slaughter, then what would happen to the thread :D!

We'll have to have some TTTAY babies to carry on the thread after we're gone. Of course, there'll be no breast milk or baby on board signs or baby yoga for them, and they'll never dream of running into other peoples trollies in supermarkets or making baby reindeer cry or making a scene in a cafe. Nobody will ever post about them on facebook or use them as an excuse not to go out, or say things like, "you wouldn't understand". They will be super babies. :p

ONW jaysus yer mad for the D ;-P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

We'll have to have some TTTAY babies to carry on the thread after we're gone. Of course, there'll be no breast milk or baby on board signs or baby yoga for them, and they'll never dream of running into other peoples trollies in supermarkets or making baby reindeer cry or making a scene in a cafe. Nobody will ever post about them on facebook or use them as an excuse not to go out, or say things like, "you wouldn't understand". They will be super babies. :p

Yay, count me in for the booze cruise! The bottle of wine is the only thing keeping me sane these days:( I've already produced my TTTAY replacement, she's already well on her way to being just as much of a whingebag as me, and would tell you black was white...

TTTAY, The Next Generation, Crotch Goblin's Revenge. It could be a movie:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

We should all chip in and get a fleet of vans going. The TTTAY booze cruise! Imagine all the fun we'd have being TA'd by everything going over...and being merry as a fart coming back :P

And we could moan like crazy about the way the French only speak French, and the way they drive on the "wrong" side, the way the wear stupid berets, dont' want me to wear a burka, being all fashiony all the time, that bleeding Eifel tower etc etc etc:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

They also know that people who do binge drink at home are going to continue doing so, regardless of the cost. And for people affected by alcoholism? Well there'll be even less money left over for food and school books :( Why has nobody said this out loud? Am I the only one who can see through it? Of course if you say anything, you're an alcoholic. If you say you're not, you're in denial.
    Price hikes didn't work for cigarettes, they're not going to work for alcohol.

You got that right.
    My mother has smoked since she was 13 and she's now nearly 60 and if the government came along in the morning and said the price of a packet of cigarettes was going up to €20, her 20+ cigarettes a day habit would not suffer.
    Same goes for alcohol, never in my whole life did changes to the way alcohol is bought, served or priced make any difference to my father's drinking.

• Advertisement

eisenberg1 sounds like a plan.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    And we could moan like crazy about the way the French only speak French, and the way they drive on the "wrong" side, the way the wear stupid berets, dont' want me to wear a burka, being all fashiony all the time, that bleeding Eifel tower etc etc etc:D

And woe betide anyone who misbehaved when it comes to queueing (for the booze) :D

LynnGrace we could have an eye roll and tutting competition.

Followed by loudest mouth breather and guess who the free child belongs to ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

MsBubbles wrote: »
    LynnGrace we could have an eye roll and tutting competition.

Followed by loudest mouth breather and guess who the free child belongs to ?

On the road trip, we got to play 'I Spy'.

'I Spy a TA beginning with...

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,216 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

LynnGrace wrote: »
    And woe betide anyone who misbehaved when it comes to queueing (for the booze) :D

Reminds me of one yesterday in Tesco. I put my basket down at the self-service checkout when I realised I'd forgotten to get a bag. There was a queue of people waiting, and an elderly lady sprinted, yes, sprinted out behind my back and made a bee-line for what she thought was an empty checkout, then plonked her stuff down on the scales where the groceries are supposed to go!

Even I couldn't figure out how she intended to use the checkout, but I said I'd be polite about it and just mention that I was there before her, "Ahh would ya not let me go first?". Taking everything into consideration, I simply replied "no", rather than get into anything with her! :D

The raaaage expression on her face was worth it though :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

The trip, sponsored by Xanax

• Advertisement

I simply replied "no"

You should have followed it up with..

'Now get out of my way you unexpected item!!!'

Reminds me of one yesterday in Tesco. I put my basket down at the self-service checkout when I realised I'd forgotten to get a bag. There was a queue of people waiting, and an elderly lady sprinted, yes, sprinted out behind my back and made a bee-line for what she thought was an empty checkout, then plonked her stuff down on the scales where the groceries are supposed to go!

Even I couldn't figure out how she intended to use the checkout, but I said I'd be polite about it and just mention that I was there before her, "Ahh would ya not let me go first?". Taking everything into consideration, I simply replied "no", rather than get into anything with her! :D

The raaaage expression on her face was worth it though :p

Excellent!

I was queueing one day, and a guy using one checkout had the one beside him also blocked with a pram parked across it.
    The guy ahead of me waited but when it came to my turn, I went to the blocked check out and used it. Yer man was not amused*.

*(Please note no prams or babies were damaged by my using the checkout).

I have a friend, dry as an Indian summer, doesn't work but does all these Avon/park hamper things for extra money. She's having an ann summers party on the 13th. I used to love those parties in college, some laugh. She had one two years ago, as I mentioned, she's very dry. I arrived, drunk of course, and omg .. It was dead. Her mother, her two sisters and two friends of hers. All dry. I ended up winning "slapper of the night" and I'm not even that outrageous. You'd have better craic at a wake. Anyway, now she's hounding me about this ann summers party, that it's going to be wild. Hardly. And I'm not going again to win another slapper competition. Why would you hold these parties when clearly you're not into it?

Lexie tell her you're busy but thanks for the invitation. Tell her you're going on a booze cruise with the TTTAY gang
    Am I the only one almost types Titty instead of TTTAY ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I have a friend, dry as an Indian summer, doesn't work but does all these Avon/park hamper things for extra money. She's having an ann summers party on the 13th. I used to love those parties in college, some laugh. She had one two years ago, as I mentioned, she's very dry. I arrived, drunk of course, and omg .. It was dead. Her mother, her two sisters and two friends of hers. All dry. I ended up winning "slapper of the night" and I'm not even that outrageous. You'd have better craic at a wake. Anyway, now she's hounding me about this ann summers party, that it's going to be wild. Hardly. And I'm not going again to win another slapper competition. Why would you hold these parties when clearly you're not into it?

On a similar note to this, that advert for a sex toy site really bugs me. I mean I don't care how kinky someone is, there's only a certain amount of things a couple can insert into each others orifices. The couple in the ad look like a fairly tame pair too and they make sex sound about as exciting as online shopping with Tesco.

Haha!
    That's what I'm saying in my head each time I see or type TTTAY!
    It's in a very refined and posh English accent for some reason...

On a similar note to this, that advert for a sex toy site really bugs me. I mean I don't care how kinky someone is, there's only a certain amount of things a couple can insert into each others orifices. The couple in the ad look like a fairly tame pair too and they make sex sound about as exciting as online shopping with Tesco.

Which link is this now

Whiskeyman LOL ! In my head it's tit ay in shouty male x factor announcer voice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Which link is this now

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/?cs=EUR&gclid=CJqpoJHIyMMCFSVz2wodcBMAMw

There's an ad on tv for it, with a couple sitting on a sofa browsing through the catalogue. I can picture the horror on Mr Pumpkinseeds face if I suggested buying stuff to insert up his behind and it wouldn't be a happy face.:D

Lexie tell her you're busy but thanks for the invitation. Tell her you're going on a booze cruise with the TTTAY gang

I nearly always tip titty by mistake as well:D

eisenberg1 :D Lexie stunning dress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Jake1 wrote: »
    ah feckit, go for it, its wednesday :)

I want these....

http://www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4732520&CTAref=We+Recommend_1

Damn it, good looking girl sitting next to me on bus and I click on link.

• Advertisement

Jake1 wrote: »
    ah feckit, go for it, its wednesday :)

I want these....

http://www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4732520&CTAref=We+Recommend_1

I have that! :D

I want to go shopping now! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I need a new thread to complain about the TA thread been changed in to a shopping thread!

Nice undies though.

Pennies look like they've super pretty stuff in for valentines. I can't get a bra to fit me in pennies though. Also, you know those baby dolls that are sold as dress size rather than cup size? Serious grr. I bought a really pretty pink one, in a size up. Tried it on. Dude. You'd put grapes into it. You'd do yourself an injury

Pennies look like they've super pretty stuff in for valentines. I can't get a bra to fit me in pennies though. Also, you know those baby dolls that are sold as dress size rather than cup size? Serious grr. I bought a really pretty pink one, in a size up. Tried it on. Dude. You'd put grapes into it. You'd do yourself an injury

I got really nice lingerie there a while ago. Navy/black - the colour is amazing if you have pale skin :) Also gone up a cup size but now I am trivially annoyed that maybe I'm not actually that size and it might just be Penneys árseway sizing method :(

Sorry Trigger Happy :(

It's out of stock I'm devastated! :(

Navy looks so good against pale skin. I don't think the sizing is off in pennies, I can never get their underwear in my cup size so I don't even try anymore. You know peaches and cream on the street off grafton street? Love it! They have amaziiiiing stuff.

It TAs me how long I have to run the hot tap before it comes out hot. I'm going to have some water bill when the time comes :(
    Another TA of mine is I would refer to eg this Fri 6th as "next Friday", as it's the next one to come along. When I say this why do people think I mean Fri 13th? If I meant that I would say "Friday of next week "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

73Cat wrote: »
    It TAs me how long I have to run the hot tap before it comes out hot. I'm going to have some water bill when the time comes :(
    Another TA of mine is I would refer to eg this Fri 6th as "next Friday", as it's the next one to come along. When I say this why do people think I mean Fri 13th? If I meant that I would say "Friday of next week "

Fri 6th = this Friday. 13th = next Friday. But that just what I'm used to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,216 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Yep, if someone says to me Friday next, or next Friday, I'd presume they were referring to the Friday after the Friday occurring in the current week...

Wait, Friday 13th? Then I'd just tell them to be quiet :pac:

News readers saying "Brishish" instead of British.

Why are skangers always frowning when on the phone? Always....

I actually do think that because most others would say it the way you say it, that I am the one being confusing. I am far too arsey and stubborn to change the way I say it though:). I do find it particularly confusing though when someone says "next Friday" on a Sunday, and they don't mean the Friday in 5 days , but rather the one in 12 days time !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

News readers saying "Brishish" instead of British.
    They're half-educated gowls who think they sound all Mid-Atlantic and hep-to-the-groove, whereas in fact they sound like half-educated gowls. :D
    Why are skangers always frowning when on the phone? Always....

They don't know any nice people, so anytime they're on the phone they're quite angry. I've noticed that too. :pac:

jimgoose Gordee is the one that drives me nuts when I hear it on the news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

effin' banks and politicians neither listen nor care about the people they deal with.

• Advertisement

People. Fed up of ****ing people. Egomaniacs who have to come and **** all over me with their "your days of doing what you like are well over now. Pull yourself together". Are you for ****ing real? Pull myself together?? I do what I like?? Who the **** turns around and says that to somebody? Throwing my fathers death back in my face at every given oppertunity. "Oh Ya done what ya liked when he was around but that's finished now". Swear to god if I had more money in my running away fund that's exactly what Id be doing: running away.

jimgoose Gordee is the one that drives me nuts when I hear it on the news

And there was me wondering who the uck was "Jimgoose Gordee" and what did he do on ya?:D

People. Fed up of ****ing people. Egomaniacs who have to come and **** all over me with their "your days of doing what you like are well over now. Pull yourself together"...

Sounds like that "jimgoose Gordee" bollix. He has a bit of a Hitler complex. :D

eisenberg1 lol ! In the same news bulletin the young lady said Gordee, River Thayaims and Gwanya.

jimgoose yer the baws mon so ya are

eisenberg1 lol ! In the same news bulletin the young lady said Gordee, River Thayaims and Gwanya.

"River Thayaims"?? Is she from the Appalachian Mountains, wearing dungarees and a straw hat, and currently using the family tooth?? :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement