Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Jim nope she's Irish she meant the River Thames

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,216 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    And there was me wondering who the uck was "Jimgoose Gordee" and what did he do on ya?:D

Ramsay the insufferable prick was the one who sprung to mind for me! In all honesty though, speaking of angry people, how he hasn't given himself a hernia already is beyond me?

Great chef though, just lacking in business and people skills!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Was it me or was the thread getting like an episode of loose women there for a while????
    Dresses
    undies
    vibrators (3 for £50, and a yolk that looked like a hand blender)

But YES to the tttay booze cruise...

selous lol ! Woo hoo another boobie for the titty cruise

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

MsBubbles wrote: »
    eisenberg1 lol ! In the same news bulletin the young lady said Gordee, River Thayaims and Gwanya.

Any relation of the infamous "it" girl, Gwanya Goode-Thing?

And now i'm getting bloody asos add's popping up with a long black dress and flipping knickers on my lap-top, hope that other link doesn't show up, erk!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Ramsay the insufferable prick was the one who sprung to mind for me! In all honesty though, speaking of angry people, how he hasn't given himself a hernia already is beyond me?

Gordon Ramsay is an ignorant over-sexed chimpanzee who can just about flambé an omelette without making a ringing bollix of it. As a cook, Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, Heston Blumenthal and Richie Corrigan are light-years ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I saw a program where he got very shirty with a large scouse guy (he looked like he bit the heads off chickens for a laugh). Anyway, scouse guy gets fed up with bullyboy Ramsay and he throws a few fcuks back, and was quite ready to stick a head on him, Ramsay near sh1t hisself, and says "There is no need for the bad language".

jimgoose wrote: »
    Gordon Ramsay is an ignorant over-sexed chimpanzee who can just about flambé an omelette without making a ringing bollix of it. As a cook, Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, Heston Blumenthal and Richie Corrigan are light-years ahead.

Love Hugh, and love Richard.
    Richard is such a bon vivant, i bet you wouldnt leave his table until you were heaving with food. He seems so lusty and hearty

jimgoose wrote: »

Can't argue with that jim :D

(It's food jim, but not as we know it :p)

I almost resisted! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I saw a program where he got very shirty with a large scouse guy (he looked like he bit the heads off chickens for a laugh). Anyway, scouse guy gets fed up with bullyboy Ramsay and he throws a few fcuks back, and was quite ready to stick a head on him, Ramsay near sh1t hisself, and says "There is no need for the bad language".

I'd love to see a clip of that!

I'd love to see a clip of that!

It was on one of his Kitchen Nightmare shows, I nearly fell about the place thinking "pot, meet kettle!" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

I have a cold, my boss is being an irritating pr1ck and I'm in such a foul humour that I can't read a single thread (other than this one) without wanting to reach into the computer and slap a few heads - and I've got asos blinking ads at me too now - gah!

But titty booze cruise? Yeah, I'm on.

Just reading back thru todays rants, sorry tittys, oops tttay's the little princess car signs in cars, seen one today at 11.30 barely visible in rear window cause the dumb driver was driving with all the windows frosted over and a scratching in the windscreen trying to peek thru, didn't mind hitting someone else's little princess due to her laziness, c'mon 11.30 whats the excuse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

selous wrote: »
    Just reading back thru todays rants, sorry tittys, oops tttay's the little princess car signs in cars, seen one today at 11.30 barely visible in rear window cause the dumb driver was driving with all the windows frosted over and a scratching in the windscreen trying to peek thru, didn't mind hitting someone else's little princess due to her laziness, c'mon 11.30 whats the excuse?

she might have seen this!
    http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/watch-woman-run-over-by-her-own-mini-during-horrific-carjacking-30964038.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I must say I rather like Gordon Ramsay, but I will never understand why he needs to get his arse out in every episode of Hotel Hell.

whiskeyman wrote: »

WOW,
    some guy on another thread here had his car nicked while defrosting it, insurance company wouldn't cover it, as it was left alone with the keys in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

selous wrote: »
    WOW,
    some guy on another thread here had his car nicked while defrosting it, insurance company wouldn't cover it, as it was left alone with the keys in it.

yep, it's unreal!
    I'm surprised the amount of people who don't understand how opportunists work though!
    The amount of people I see walking with their wallet on their hands... mobile phone out in front of them, almost waiting to be robbed.... and they act surprised when it gets swiped from their hands?
    Same thing with people leaving doors open, and like this woman above. I heard at least 5 instances of this happening last week in Dublin alone!
    Unfortunately, we cant be too careful these days :(

I must say I rather like Gordon Ramsay, but I will never understand why he needs to get his arse out in every episode of Hotel Hell.

Same reason he pretends to be coy every time Johnathan Ross makes reference to his baguette sized penis during Ramsay's every appearance on the show.

(which is pretty is pretty damn regular... his appearances on the Johnathan Ross show I mean, not his baguette, that's extra large, apparently, like his head, the one on his shoulders).

• Advertisement

In U.K if it happens and you report it, you get a fine from the police too. nice, just to rub salt in your carelessness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Over use of the words 'like' and 'literally'. We've all heard it, the conversations punctuated with lots of 'like' and 'literally.', in fact with teenagers their conversations seem to consist mostly of those 2 words. Come on parents, have a word with your kids like and like explain that repeatedly using those words literally and like makes them sound like they should be taking the special bus to school, like literally like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

think someone said it earlier - but it needs to be said again anyway.

autoplay on webpages. i.e you click the link, maybe to a story, and a video loads up and plays without you pressing play.

annoying as fvck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Those stupid steps on that stupid bridge, is it merchants bridge? **** those steps. I have little legs. Those steps will be the death of me one of these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Over use of the words 'like' and 'literally'. We've all heard it, the conversations punctuated with lots of 'like' and 'literally.', in fact with teenagers their conversations seem to consist mostly of those 2 words. Come on parents, have a word with your kids like and like explain that repeatedly using those words literally and like makes them sound like they should be taking the special bus to school, like literally like.

Agree 100%.

There's a D.J in the morning and that's mostly what she says, Actually, literally and like, But the one she replaced used to say "a little bit of" before and after each song,
    Now for a little bit of U2 - that was a little bit of U2, She plays the whole lot, so it wasn't a little bit
    (and pronounced it lih-el)

• Advertisement

A certain fast food chain popular with spud munchers whose "food" is neither tasty nor tempting (as Mick Dundee said "you can eat it, but it tastes like shìt"). I went in and ordered my usual snack box with a pair of breasts and a large milk, got served quickly but thought nothing of it, it's what's supposed to happen.

Utterly livid that I got home and the chips taste like leftover pasta that's been left out to dry, and the chicken was like chewing something that no human being was ever intended to digest! I feel like walking back down and demanding my money back just on principle for serving customers this sort of poison unfit for human consumption. I just haven't the energy to walk because I'm bloody starving now! :(

The Term '' Rigid Drivers' as in

'We are currently looking for Rigid Truck drivers for our Client, a well known waste management company based in North Dublin City.'

I always have visions of people so stiff armed and tense that they waddle rigidly up to the truck.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Use of "man" and "mate" by young men on boards."Yeah man, I'll do that". "Don't tell me that mate"...

Morning Titties, oops TTTAYers

I've complained plenty about the school that's next to the train station, but this morning the traffic corps were directing traffic outside the school. That's right. An garda siochana were outside a primary school to stop it descending into chaos. Because God forbid kids walk to school, or get a bus, or cycle. And did it stop the asshole parents? No. They were still stalling in the middle of the road letting kids race across, they were still parked ACROSS the entrance to the train station letting kids out of the car, blocking up people from going in/out of the train. Youd wonder why sterilisation isn't compulsory in this kip of a town :mad:

• Advertisement

I'm not a good sleeper but slept well last night TA that I woke up in a foul humour.

I'm still fuming over that. House broken into? Murdered? Getting attacked? Don't bother ringing the guards until after the school run. And there's a cycle lane on that road, up by the school. The kids that DO cycle to school can't use the cycle lane because all those asshole parents park in it.

FFS Lexie, that's a disgrace and a complete waste of Garda time and resources

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

A certain fast food chain popular with spud munchers whose "food" is neither tasty nor tempting (as Mick Dundee said "you can eat it, but it tastes like shìt"). I went in and ordered my usual snack box with a pair of breasts and a large milk, got served quickly but thought nothing of it, it's what's supposed to happen.

Utterly livid that I got home and the chips taste like leftover pasta that's been left out to dry, and the chicken was like chewing something that no human being was ever intended to digest! I feel like walking back down and demanding my money back just on principle for serving customers this sort of poison unfit for human consumption. I just haven't the energy to walk because I'm bloody starving now! :(

:D

I've complained plenty about the school that's next to the train station, but this morning the traffic corps were directing traffic outside the school. That's right. An garda siochana were outside a primary school to stop it descending into chaos. Because God forbid kids walk to school, or get a bus, or cycle. And did it stop the asshole parents? No. They were still stalling in the middle of the road letting kids race across, they were still parked ACROSS the entrance to the train station letting kids out of the car, blocking up people from going in/out of the train. Youd wonder why sterilisation isn't compulsory in this kip of a town :mad:

...and the nanny state is considering bringing in a fat tax because kids are all obese now...

Use of "man" and "mate" by young men on boards."Yeah man, I'll do that". "Don't tell me that mate"...

Urgh yes!!! Know what is the most annoying? "Buddy" - usually preceeded by a super condescending comment too. :( I think the use of the word buddy should carry an automatic ban...

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    ...and the nanny state is considering bringing in a fat tax because kids are all obese now...

I have a "work" facebook that I'm friends with a load of simpletons on. This one morning, not long after kids went back to school after xmas, this wan posts up that her child was made run 3 laps around football field at lunch time as part of the schools version of Operation Transformation. She was fuming! She wasn't sending her child to school to be made run around, no wonder kids have issues with their appearance when the school is making them feel fat etc, swear to God you couldn't be dealing with some people

OldNotWIse wrote: »

Is that what this whole new law to have calorie counts on menus is about? You'd have to wonder are they just taking the piss in Dail Eireann with the amount of useless and ineffective legislation they bring in, and they won't address urgent legislation that actually needs to be properly looked at and introduced.

Ohh I'm not even going to start, be here all day! :pac:

Is that what this whole new law to have calorie counts on menus is about? You'd have to wonder are they just taking the piss in Dail Eireann with the amount of useless and ineffective legislation they bring in, and they won't address urgent legislation that actually needs to be properly looked at and introduced.

Ohh I'm not even going to start, be here all day! :pac:

Yup, women with unborn babies with fatal abnormalities and who will endure pain and suffering if they are carried to term are being forced to travel abroad for terminations and bring their babies bodies home in the car boot because they've done something "wrong", but it's ok, once we make sure the kids don't get fat, the adults dont get drunk cheaply and everything is transalted into Irish to appease six people living in the West - the country will be alright :rolleyes:

ONW my heart was breaking for those women. What happened to compassion and consideration for others ?
    I'm so cross and upset that these poor ladies who are obviously distraught have to travel for treatment.

I'm in tears thinking about all the scared women who travel alone to England.

• Advertisement

A lot of them with no support from their asshole partners either.

God help anyone who comes near me today I'm will tear them to shreds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm so cross and upset that these poor ladies who are obviously distraught have to travel for treatment.

I'm in tears thinking about all the scared women who travel alone to England.

This has to change, it's absolutely ridiculous. Felt embarrassed to be Irish while watching that last night.

Skimming over diet sites while eating my breakfast, a giant aero.

This has to change, it's absolutely ridiculous. Felt embarrassed to be Irish while watching that last night.

It's a pure solid disgrace, particularly the new breed of sixteen-year-old God-botherers without a clue, but not letting that stop them from dictating to people. Did you see that Afghan lady working as a consultant obstetrician in some hospital in Dublin, or was it Belfast? She said "In my part of the world you know the Taliban, you can see them. Here, you don't know who is Taliban!".

I want to go home right now, put on a chick flick, eat my body weight in pizza, jellies and chocolate and not move from the couch all day

I want to go home right now, put on a chick flick, eat my body weight in pizza, jellies and chocolate and not move from the couch all day

Been there done that, just swap out "chick flick" for "some load of tripe with Steven Seagal in it"! :D

Are you sad today?

jimgoose don't get started on me SPUC and YD. I will go postal :(

• Advertisement

Lexie yes I'm very sad today :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement