Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Urgh yes!!! Know what is the most annoying? "Buddy" - usually preceeded by a super condescending comment too. :( I think the use of the word buddy should carry an automatic ban...

Chill out buddy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Lexie yes I'm very sad today :(

Who do we have to kill :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I have a "work" facebook that I'm friends with a load of simpletons on. This one morning, not long after kids went back to school after xmas, this wan posts up that her child was made run 3 laps around football field at lunch time as part of the schools version of Operation Transformation. She was fuming! She wasn't sending her child to school to be made run around, no wonder kids have issues with their appearance when the school is making them feel fat etc, swear to God you couldn't be dealing with some people

I'd love to be a teacher. "Ma'am, I hate to say it but your chungfellit is what we in the Marine Corps refer to as a Fat Little Shit, or 'FLS'. In furtherence, this is your fault because you're a moron. NOW DROP AND GIVE ME TWENTY GOD-DAMMIT, HIGH-AND-TIGHT AT 0600, MOVE IT MOVE IT MOOOVE IIITT!!!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Lexie no need to kill anyone. Send emergency supplies of chocolate asap

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Use of "man" and "mate" by young men on boards."Yeah man, I'll do that". "Don't tell me that mate"...
    Urgh yes!!! Know what is the most annoying? "Buddy" - usually preceeded by a super condescending comment too. :( I think the use of the word buddy should carry an automatic ban...

For me, it has to be the use of the word "lad".

"A lad I know.."
    "This lad on the team.."

And worse when it used while referring to females.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Skimming over diet sites while eating my breakfast, a giant aero.

A giant Aero has more air bubbles than a normal aero, so is actually lighter and good for you.

fact!
    Send emergency supplies of chocolate asap.
    Hope you ok MsB!
    The Chocolate Calvary are en route!

Thank you Whiskeyman .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

McDonald's man up ad

TA: driving home last night, had green light to turn right across badly lit pedestrian junction which had red man lit.
    Thank fupp I was looking into where I was turning, as woman decides to cross, and not look, when I had a green light... her barely able to walk with laptop bag and v high heels.
    I slam on breaks, and she looks like a rabbit startled in my headlights.
    FFS, please wait for the green man! Your extra 5 seconds you may have gained on your route home is pointless taking such a risk.
    Moments like that and you realise how easy such accidents can happen, but at the same time how easily they can be avoided too.
    Life is too precious. Treat it as such...

/whoa, that was a bit deep... but still a TA :)

efb wrote: »
    McDonald's man up ad

This is one of my favourite descriptions of a typical Texas barbecue day, with extra excavators, by Mr. Dave Barry:

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1999-06-13/news/9906280240_1_field-day-earthmoving-dirt

:D

• Advertisement

On days that nothing sorts you out. I was up early, had a long shower, styled my hair nice, plastered the face, ironed my uniform and still look like a bag of ****e. Will share my lunch macaroons with you Ms B.

Also, grown men talking to me like a baby. The landlord of the business has a business next to us and sometimes he comes to deliver our post that gets left with him. He puts on this vouce adults use to talk to small kids when he talks to me.

...Also, grown men talking to me like a baby. The landlord of the business has a business next to us and sometimes he comes to deliver our post that gets left with him. He puts on this vouce adults use to talk to small kids when he talks to me.

Aww, is ickle Wexie Trivially Annoyed??

Sorry, couldn't resist! :D

Careful Jim, I'm feeling empowered and fierce today. I was taller than a male guard that I passed earlier. I feel like a lion now :D

Careful Jim, I'm feeling empowered and fierce today. I was taller than a male guard that I passed earlier. I feel like a lion now :D

Like a fcukan BAWSS!! :D

jimgoose you should come to work here, i'm surrounded by Loader Shovels, Excavators and Dumper trucks.
    vroom vroom !

jimgoose you should come to work here, i'm surrounded by Loader Shovels, Excavators and Dumper trucks.
    vroom vroom !

Do you have any 50kg Daffodils?

1 ton Hydrangeas?

oh wait...

not that sort of heavy plant...

Whiskeyman 50kg Daffodils and 1 tonne Hydrangeas would be a lot more appealing to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I want to go home right now, put on a chick flick, eat my body weight in pizza, jellies and chocolate and not move from the couch all day

I want a variation on this theme. Good walk in the forest with the dogs then a blazing fire, duvet on the sofa, nice chick flick, a bottle of Shiraz and an Apache special (15inch). And possibly an 8 inch to snuggle up to later :P

...an Apache special (15inch). And possibly an 8 inch to snuggle up to later :P

You really like those Personal Pizzas*, don't you! :D

* Possible new TTTAY Euphemism?

jimgoose she's gone mad for the D !! ONW Sounds like a perfect evening to me, I want a dog :(

• Advertisement

jimgoose wrote: »
    You really like those Personal Pizzas*, don't you! :D

* Possible new TTTAY Euphemism?
    jimgoose she's gone mad for the D !! ONW Sounds like a perfect evening to me, I want a dog :(

It's just all so new and shiny* :)

* as a description of the novelty rather than the appendage itself. I'm not so new to it that I don't know it's not meant to be shiny :)

It's just all so new and shiny* :)

* as a description of the novelty rather than the appendage itself. I'm not so new to it that I don't know it's not meant to be shiny :)

Understood, chief. Just be careful of the ones with Extra Cheese! :D

jimgoose wrote: »
    Understood, chief. Just be careful of the ones with Extra Cheese! :D

Snort :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Lexie yes I'm very sad today :(

You bring the body, we'll bring the shovels and meet you at the woods, no questions asked.:D

Pumpkinseeds aw thanks you're a pal. But there's no need this time.
    ONW you've been Dmatized ! The power of D is very strong. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,215 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I mentioned earlier I'd be here all day if I were tempted to rant but bloody hell, not five minutes after making that post I got a call from Mrs. J to come home (she's got scoliosis, back spasms mean all sorts of problems and she's been laid up all week), so she couldn't get to the doc by herself. Not a big issue. What really ticks me off -

Doc refers her to the nearest A&E, turns out "they don't do backs", we have to go out to the University hospital. University A&E is full, they recommended the Medical Centre nearby. Turns out the Medical Centre doesn't do backs either and sent her back to her GP...

We've now literally gone full circle, and we're back in the waiting room! Bureaucracy and administration has an awful lot to answer for the shambles of a Healthcare (Healthcouldn'tcareless) system in this country!

While I'm here, I might as well get this off my chest and all -

We don't have any childhood obesity "epidemic" in this country. We have a "parents that simply don't give a fcuk" epidemic, as in parents that send their children to school unwashed, missed breakfast, crappy lunch if they even possess a lunch box, so the children have no energy to concentrate in class, drug them up to the eyeballs with meds will solve that problem, make the standard tests easier so more children pass so the education system looks great on paper while little johnny can't calculate the change he's supposed to get back if he hands in €5 to stuff his face with a "happy meal", then goes home to space out on a games console or a laptop in his room to keep him quiet while the parents are knocking back carling and catching up on Jeremy Kyle and nodding in agreement that "at least we're not as bad as them gobshìtes"...

Honestly, responsibility for another human being is not rocket science, people have been doing it for thousands of years, but now we seem to be arguing more about rights and ignoring our responsibilities. I'm reminded of something that's often said for animals - "A pet isn't just for Christmas", I often feel like telling some people "A child isn't just for clogging up your friends newsfeeds!".

If reproduction is the pinnacle of your life's achievements, you're doing it wrong.

/rant

One Eyed Jack poor Mrs J.
    If the FB obsessed parents spent less time on FB and more time being a parent we'd be a LOT better off.

Stay away from the D ONW, it gets you into nothing but hardship

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Just did the Boards matchmaking thingy for the lols and my enite list of matches frequent this thread!!!!

OldNotWIse
    homemadecider
    czechlin
    eisenberg1
    73Cat
    Colser
    LynnGrace
    Pumpkinseeds
    Czarcasm
    One eyed Jack
    26sdrawkcab

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

A certain fast food chain popular with spud munchers whose "food" is neither tasty nor tempting (as Mick Dundee said "you can eat it, but it tastes like shìt"). I went in and ordered my usual snack box with a pair of breasts and a large milk, got served quickly but thought nothing of it, it's what's supposed to happen.

Utterly livid that I got home and the chips taste like leftover pasta that's been left out to dry, and the chicken was like chewing something that no human being was ever intended to digest! I feel like walking back down and demanding my money back just on principle for serving customers this sort of poison unfit for human consumption. I just haven't the energy to walk because I'm bloody starving now! :(

I had to sing the jingle :D

It's very angry in here today.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

This particular style of door handle. In addition opening doors, it also functions as a clothes ripper and waist level flesh bruiser/cutter.

http://www.peaseofgarforth.co.uk/upload/s2103georgianprivacyhandle-r.jpg

grudie those door handles are barstools for inflicting bruises

you said HARDship, :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Facebook is just nuts, or rather the dopes on it. Moments that should be private are put out there for all to see. What really does my head in is delivery room pictures. Welcome to the world little one, only minutes old, and your privacy has already been shat on! I love a nose on Facebook most days, I have to admit , mainly to have something to give out about. I have very rarely posted a photo of my kids. The older 2 would kill me! The little one I still won't, as I respect her privacy. By that I mean I can't ask her permission , so therefore I don't do it. I have come to the realisation that far worse than these attention seeking dopes, are the constant stream of fools who like and comment. Maybe people wouldn't be so quick to share every brain fart if nobody paid them attention. Annnndddd lecture over ...... :)

• Advertisement

Constant stress and the constant excuse for others behaviour. "You're stronger. You cope better". No I don't, and even if I do it's no excuse for people being selfish pricks and just landing things on me because I'm a soft eejit.

I know! I had a near miss not too long ago, remember? :(

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    you said HARDship, :D

I got you on my compatible list :D

Vel wrote: »
    Just did the Boards matchmaking thingy for the lols and my enite list of matches frequent this thread!!!!

OldNotWIse
    homemadecider
    czechlin
    eisenberg1
    73Cat
    Colser
    LynnGrace
    Pumpkinseeds
    Czarcasm
    One eyed Jack
    26sdrawkcab

How do you do that?

Oh just found it :D

LynnGrace
    eisenberg1
    Czarcasm
    OldNotWIse
    czechlin
    Pumpkinseeds
    homemadecider
    Aglomerado
    One eyed Jack
    LexieOnRale
    bluewolf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

When I did it first years ago my list was full of sensible types (Wibbs, seamus etc) now you bunch of misanthropes are taking up 8 out the ten places!

• Advertisement

Constant stress and the constant excuse for others behaviour. "You're stronger. You cope better". No I don't, and even if I do it's no excuse for people being selfish pricks and just landing things on me because I'm a soft eejit.

Lexie, how is the pig?

Vivienne that is, not your brother:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭cork guitar player

Michael McMullan

How do you do that?

Oh just found it :D

LynnGrace
    eisenberg1
    Czarcasm
    OldNotWIse
    czechlin
    Pumpkinseeds
    homemadecider
    Aglomerado
    One eyed Jack
    LexieOnRale
    bluewolf

So, you are one of my perfect matches, but I'm not one of yours! Hmm, I'm TA'd that there appears to be a flaw in the system:D

I was getting some vitamin/health supplements for Mr Pumpkinseeds and was asking for some advice in the store. TA, the assistant asked me if he was under any stress:confused: Who the fcuk isn't stressed out these days.:rolleyes:

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Lexie, how is the pig?

Vivienne that is, not your brother:D

I have stopped eating ham and sausages, I think this makes him very happy. I'm also worried it's lonely during the day so I'm hoping my dogs calm down soon and they can be friends because so far, they're not happy with him. He's super cute though, and eats EVERYTHING. I can't wait until summer to get him icecream

Also, my best friends mom has learned how to crochet and is going to crochet him a very pretty jumper. I will post pics when she finishes it

So, you are one of my perfect matches, but I'm not one of yours! Hmm, I'm TA'd that there appears to be a flaw in the system:D

Jasus, I get around:eek: I thought I'd left all that behind me in my single days.:D

I'm leaving very left out ;) Ms Pseeds you've still got it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Flutterby80

Sitting eating a lovely bowl of potato and leak soup for my lunch and my darling mother decides to tell me LOUDLY that her dog has a ****ty arse and she needs to cut it out with the scissors when she gets home. Poor man sitting at the next table did not look amused!

I spent the day in Belfast on Saturday with friends and got the last train back to Dublin. I was pretty pizzzed, slept the whole way back and just wanted to hop into a taxi and get home. Got a taxi no problem, but driven by the worl'd chattiest taxi man. All I wanted to do was rest my head on the window and drift off until I was outside the door, but no, this guy wanted us to participate in the chat olympics.

Within the space of the 20 minute drive I learnt that he is separated from his wife; has two grown up daughters, one of whom wants to move to Australia, which will break his heart; she is a legal secretary and her boyfriend is an electrician; he still lives in the marital home even though he can't afford it because he wants his daughters to be able to come back to their family home; he had to drop out of a masters when his wife left him so if he won the lotto he would go back to college but still continue to be a taxi man as he loves the job so much.....and on, and on, and on.

I was exhausted by the time we got home, and then he pulls out a cracker 'Us taxi men are more than just drivers to the people who take our cabs. wW are confidantes, friends, great listeners, therapists all rolled into one'

Well, you didn't let me get a fcuking word in you absolute mentalist, so you are clearly failing at being a taxi man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

When you take your eye away from the microwaving porridge.

Too late - all that hot gloop exploding all over the place, necessitating a tedious clean-up job.

A TA start to my day.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement