Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

When people rob photos that you've taken and try to pass them off as their own, then when you confront them they lie and try to say they took it!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Bringing my phone charger to work but everyone else using it so I can never fully charge my phone, grr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

I left my phone at home today TA at myself for being forgetful

Anyone know anything about diabetics? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Anyone know anything about diabetics? :(

A little. What's on your mind, kid?

On my way to lunch I passed a homeless guy. He looked sick and when he asked me for money (I never give money) I asked if he wanted tea, he said that would be good, load it with sugar cause he was diabetic and had no money for insulin. I asked if he wanted a sandwich and he said no he can't eat til he has insulin and needed 4 euro for insulin. I went and got him tea and a bar of chocolate in case his blood sugar dropped again, came back, he didn't want the chovolate cause he needed his insulin. Now I'm bavk in work, worried SICK, thinking maybe I should just give him the 4 euro Because he didn't look well at all. Id nearly go bavk and check on him but don't want to look like a stalker

On my way to lunch I passed a homeless guy. He looked sick and when he asked me for money (I never give money) I asked if he wanted tea, he said that would be good, load it with sugar cause he was diabetic and had no money for insulin. I asked if he wanted a sandwich and he said no he can't eat til he has insulin and needed 4 euro for insulin. I went and got him tea and a bar of chocolate in case his blood sugar dropped again, came back, he didn't want the chovolate cause he needed his insulin. Now I'm bavk in work, worried SICK, thinking maybe I should just give him the 4 euro Because he didn't look well at all. Id nearly go bavk and check on him but don't want to look like a stalker

Don't worry about it. Whether you're Type 1 or 2 diabetic, you either need a sugar boost or an insulin boost at a particular time, but they are mutually exclusive. He's probably making a gowl of you, and it's not your problem anyway - the paramedics will sort him out if he needs it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

This is going to sound mean....I don't really believe him :(

Can you really not eat though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Did he wink when he said "insulin"?

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    This is going to sound mean....I don't really believe him :(

I wasn't sure I did either hence not giving cash but I can't stop thinking about if he really did need it and **** it it's only 4 euro

Lexie I think he just wanted €4. A work with a diabetic and he eats without insulin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Ok maybe a little hypocritical as Im no oil painting but here goes.

People with those skin tag things - the yokes that look like some kind of demented half nipple jutting out like a weird pink flag flapping in the wind. FFS. Would you not just grab a bottle of whiskey a pliers and a razor blade and get it over with.

Knew one guy who had one on his neck, the whole time Im talking to him Im pulling out an imaginary samurai sword - whoosh, there ya mate go all done. Anyway what were you saying.

Anything dangly on me thats not an essential body part is cut off well before it can cause offense.

And aulfellas with nose hairs - jaysus Christ, part of me wants to get a scissors out but the other part of me is busy vomitting at the thought - this is why people run from you in case you were wondering.

Can you really not eat though

Sometimes. Diabetes is all about a build-up of sugar in the blood. The build-up is due to a problem with insulin, which is a substance produced in the pancreas (IIRC) that facilitates absorption of sugars into muscle and skeleton tissue. With Type 2, the problem is a certain immunity to the effect of insulin, often followed later by a shortage, and with Type 1 the problem is not enough insulin. So in either case blood sugar levels need to be carefully controlled usually via a mix of diet and medication.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I wasn't sure I did either hence not giving cash but I can't stop thinking about if he really did need it and **** it it's only 4 euro

I'm pretty sure if he was that bad and he presented to A&E he'd get what he supposedly needs. Plus, he might have a medical card. It sounds very similar to "I need to get the train to Wexford" kind of thing.

• Advertisement

TDM Got my skin tags removed, the fookers grew back :(

I had them under my arms, they came randomly, so I waxed them off. They never came back, but oh god, the blood.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Watch a person who choses to inject themselves with 'insulin' make a cup of tea sometime, it would pretty much be a mug of sugar with a dash of hot water, rattle of a tea bag and a splash of milk.
    Vel wrote: »
    I spent the day in Belfast on Saturday with friends and got the last train back to Dublin. I was pretty pizzzed, slept the whole way back and just wanted to hop into a taxi and get home. Got a taxi no problem, but driven by the worl'd chattiest taxi man. All I wanted to do was rest my head on the window and drift off until I was outside the door, but no, this guy wanted us to participate in the chat olympics.

Within the space of the 20 minute drive I learnt that he is separated from his wife; has two grown up daughters, one of whom wants to move to Australia, which will break his heart; she is a legal secretary and her boyfriend is an electrician; he still lives in the marital home even though he can't afford it because he wants his daughters to be able to come back to their family home; he had to drop out of a masters when his wife left him so if he won the lotto he would go back to college but still continue to be a taxi man as he loves the job so much.....and on, and on, and on.

I was exhausted by the time we got home, and then he pulls out a cracker 'Us taxi men are more than just drivers to the people who take our cabs. wW are confidantes, friends, great listeners, therapists all rolled into one'

Well, you didn't let me get a fcuking word in you absolute mentalist, so you are clearly failing at being a taxi man

Did he have a pretty 'camp' voice by any chance? Sounds alot like a cabbie I had one time, although I know that the story was really that he broke up with his wife because he loved man penis.

I was at a funeral yesterday, outside the church, I cracked a funny joke out of nowhere. Hysterics of laughter from all that seen/heard what happened. It was quite a relief as people where pretty down.

The TA was the weight of expectation that rested on my shoulders to come out with another zinger.

I had them under my arms, they came randomly, so I waxed them off. They never came back, but oh god, the blood.

You waxed skin tags off? Jesus, I don't think you are supposed to that, as far as I know they are a type of mole. I had a general anasthetic for the removal of mine...though I had a good few.

Meh it was grand, dabbed a bit of tea tree gel on after it and there wasn't a bother on it. Bled a lot initally but didn't hurt afterwards

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I was at a funeral yesterday, outside the church, I cracked a funny joke out of nowhere. Hysterics of laughter from all that seen/heard what happened. It was quite a relief as people where pretty down.

The TA was the weight of expectation that rested on my shoulders to come out with another zinger.

My classic for that scenario is

"your man who used make up the crossword for the Irish Times is buried over there"

"Where?"

"three across and seven down"

Boom boom

I had mine removed using dry ice, It took 2 sessions. One little fecker on my neck grew back :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Did he have a pretty 'camp' voice by any chance? Sounds alot like a cabbie I had one time, although I know that the story was really that he broke up with his wife because he loved man penis.

Do they have another kind now? :eek:

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Do they have another kind now? :eek:

Yes, horse and donkey are big favourites, so I am told:eek:

ew eisenberg!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I ate 3 dinners yesterday. I've started training a bit more lately and hungry all the f*cking time. I want to eat everything. The food will take away the muscle pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Got up early and was at a lake at 8.30 to do some pike fishing. I was packed for a good long session but was back in the car by 10. Blasted water was frozen! It was 4 degrees air temperature but the bleeding lake was frozen solid. What a waste of a morning.

Boom_Bap 3 Dinners in one day Awesome !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

The lead on my phone charger not being long enough to plug in and reach to my seat so I can still use it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Yes, horse and donkey are big favourites, so I am told:eek:
    Mrs. eisenberg dropping hints????:D

• Advertisement

Colser wrote: »

Well, I am not one to brag, but I have a fairly big reputation round these here parts:D

Thanks to Mr Goose.................

Well, I am not one to brag, but I have a fairly big reputation round these here parts:D

Thanks to Mr Goose.................

What have I done now??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Vel wrote: »
    So, you are one of my perfect matches, but I'm not one of yours! Hmm, I'm TA'd that there appears to be a flaw in the system:D

You've obviously got the hots for me and spend hours doodling Vel + 26sdrawkcab all over your notebook whereas I am aloof. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,215 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Colser wrote: »

Well if it's anything like some massive tool with a jackhammer that was banging away at 7.00am this morning...

Bloody council workers are doing up the docks, I'll be relieved when it's over! :mad:

Well if it's anything like some massive tool with a jackhammer that was banging away at 7.00am this morning...

You heard us the whole way to Limerick??

:D

jimgoose wrote: »
    What have I done now??

"Eisie with his mickey out like a horse" or words to that effect":D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Mudmask

The guy behind me on the bus is full on snorting and has added to this audible delight by blaring his music. The next two and a half hours are to be enjoyable :(

"Eisie with his mickey out like a horse" or words to that effect":D

Ah, I see. This is a surprisingly common misconception, inasmuch as one can run around with one's mickey out, like a horse, while not necessarily having a mickey like a horse, per sé.

Why is it when I decide to go on a diet, I get at my most hungriest. Decided I should join either slimming world or weight watchers this morning, and stopped off for a giant bar of chocolate to eat while pouring over the pros and cons of each one, and then I've decided on weight watchers, and all afternoon all I can think about is a bit dirty Chinese and I am hanging for home time.

• Advertisement

jimgoose wrote: »
    Ah, I see. This is a surprisingly common misconception, inasmuch as one can run around with one's mickey out, like a horse, while not necessarily having a mickey like a horse, per sé.

Aw jaysus, let me have my moment in the spotlight, will ya?:D

FYI, Mrs E calls me Trigger, but laughs, so I am confused.

Aw jaysus, let me have my moment in the spotlight, will ya?:D

FYI, Mrs E calls me Trigger, but laughs, so I am confused.

Maybe she wants to be a Cowgirl?? :D

Why is it when I decide to go on a diet, I get at my most hungriest. Decided I should join either slimming world or weight watchers this morning, and stopped off for a giant bar of chocolate to eat while pouring over the pros and cons of each one, and then I've decided on weight watchers, and all afternoon all I can think about is a bit dirty Chinese and I am hanging for home time.

Take the Boom_Bap 3 dinner a day diet. You may not slim, but you'll be f*cking happy.

BB, I'm curious. What did you eat for dinner 1, 2 and 3?

BB, I'm curious. What did you eat for dinner 1, 2 and 3?

1 - Spicy Chicken FilleT, Mixed Lettuce leaves and boiled eggs
    2 - Mashed Spuds, Roast Spuds, Carrots, Peas, Turkey (lots of it), Gravy and washed down with some baileys cheese cake. (funeral carvery)
    3. Pizza with Ham, Chicken, Pork Meatballs and a side of wedges

Good times, no dinners yet today.

1 - Spicy Chicken FilleT, Mixed Lettuce leaves and boiled eggs
    2 - Mashed Spuds, Roast Spuds, Carrots, Peas, Turkey (lots of it), Gravy and washed down with some baileys cheese cake. (funeral carvery)
    3. Pizza with Ham, Chicken, Pork Meatballs and a side of wedges

Good times, no dinners yet today.

"Reasons to be cheerful, 1 2 3"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Would you mind putting the calorie content on that banquet of food, please!!!

selous wrote: »
    Would you mind putting the calorie content on that banquet of food, please!!!

Me man, me no count calories.

He cycles, he can eat like a horse! Me with my one dinner a week and the size of a small hospital. It's a mans world sure

He cycles, he can eat like a horse! Me with my one dinner a week and the size of a small hospital. It's a mans world sure

Are you kidding? Mrs E could eat twice what I eat, and she is a size 8 - 10, I on the other hand, would be "big boned";), but I does like me grub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Hmmm, getting peckish now myself, a few chops I think and and and...heh heh.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement