Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Are you kidding? Mrs E could eat twice what I eat, and she is a size 8 - 10, I on the other hand, would be "big boned";), but I does like me grub.

I eat terrible food but actually have a tiny appetite. Like in a entire day I probably eat a bar of chocolate (granted its large!), sweets (some days), sandwich (with just chicken on it), yogurt, Apple or pear, and probably another sandwich when I get home, with crackers and cheese or grapes and cheese. And literally all I have to do is LOOK at something, for calories to come find me.

I'm sure when I get my thyroid sorted, I won't have to bother with diets, but seriously. A vegetable now and again wouldn't go amiss

TA that Eminem won't wife me. He's unreal. I love him. I love him so much. He would be the perfect man. That song, not afraid. The pangs of love I feel is not right. Feeeeeeek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Big TA, and I hope this is not just me

Did you ever get to the top of the stairs and couldn't remember why the feck you went up there in the first place?

Then down you go muttering and trying to figure it out.

Get to the kitchen. VOILA I KNOW WHAT IT WAS I WENT UP THERE FOR. Hurray.

Then it happens again.

Senior moments in my case. Hope I am not alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Did you ever get to the top of the stairs and couldn't remember why the feck you went up there in the first place?

Then it happens again.

Common enough I hope. I have been out to the shop to get milk, arrived back with bread and newspaper...but no milk.
    Happens all to often. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,215 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Then it happens again.

You're not alone Spanish Eyes, I often forget the duct tape and have to go back down for it again :p

But seriously (as if!), the worst is when you hop into a lift and press the button, then just as the doors close, you remember something you forgot to bring with you, keys, folder, whatever, only have to go four floors trapped in the damn lift, knowing you can't just put the lift in reverse! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Feeling constantly hungry, despite eating well(def not pregnant).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭cork guitar player

My stove is belching black smoke. Soo cold. Heat or suffocation...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

TA at the slow drivers driving 50kmph on an 80 kmph road. Don't they know it's a crisps and wine emergency !

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

Then it happens again.

Ha ha - I know what age you are!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Tards who block the entrance area to a petrol station with their car. queuing behind the first pump and blocking the entire road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Twits who ignore the right filter lane but put on the right indicator and stay in the straight ahead lane and block everyone behind them, AND the F****n D1ckhead who overtakes the car pulling in to a driveway straight into my lane to come head on with me, so I have to hit the brakes so he doesn't have to. why why whyyyyyyy.AND trucks driving down a 3tonne limit road, and shout out the window for YOU to drive up on the footpath so they can drive on, when you say NO, they get snotty and say don't blame me if I scrape your car... Ya Fuc**n think, that's what my dash camera is for it has your number and you driving on a 3 tonne limit road and recorded what you just said to me, then ya hear scraping on the other side, love it, (no, I don't have the camera, but seriously thinking bout it now)

curioser wrote: »
    Ha ha - I know what age you are!

G'wan tell me!

North of 25 anyway, that I WILL admit to!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

so the doorbell rings a few minutes ago, husband answers and i hear chatting, doesnt sound like a neighbour. Im sitting upstairs getting pissed off that hes letting all the heat out to some JW or other. then he bloody well invites the guy in!! WTF? so i go down to see who hes allowed murder us and its Irish cancer society! Guy starts talking about my mam who had cancer 20 years ago. im giving husband the eye but its too late hes already sucked in! So i at least save the baby and take him upstairs.

so because my fella is push over we are down 15 euro a month.....

Oh and another thing.

When I go for my trundle around the park (for health reasons lol), and there is always someone with a feckin dog off the lead.

That dog ALWAYS goes for me, and I frighten the dog more than the dog frightens me.

But anyway, TA, I want to enjoy the park too FGS.

Keep your effin dogs on a lead. They are not the centre of MY life. Maybe yours, but not mine.

Thank you.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Went to Dunnes after work to pick up a few bits and bobs. Got to the cashier, 2 ladies in front of me.
    One says to the other: "I have this extra €5 voucher if you need it, it expires today"
    Second Lady: " I've got some as well that are expiring today, so I wouldn't need yours."
    First Lady: "You young fella, do you want this?"
    Boomeister: "Yeah that would be magic, that lurve"
    Second Lady "Sure you can have one of mine as well"
    Boommeister: "Thanks lady" (thinking that I'm going to have to bang one or both of them for the vouchers)

Then I realise that I must look like a down-trodden hobo and they are taking sympathy on me.

The upside - free dishwashing tablet and not having to bang an older lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

G'wan tell me!

North of 25 anyway, that I WILL admit to!!
    I do exactly the same thing and I'm 60, so I reckon you won't see 55 again.

No cement.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Susandublin

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Then I realise that I must look like a down-trodden hobo and they are taking sympathy on me

Just do what all good hobos do and wash your dishes in the shower. Two birds and one stone and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'm 71 and it has yet to happen me. I always find.....what was the annoyance again?....who are you people?.....

• Advertisement

You were 45 when I was born!

And as for young people nowadays well I never!

They never look you in the eye, always looking at their bleedin phones. Or shouting into them.

TA with myself, cos I do the same thing, and still give out about others doing it too.

Bubble wrapped I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Boom_Bap wrote: »

The upside - free dishwashing tablet and not having to bang an older lady.
    Define older before I thank your post young man..:D

Heading off to the leaba now for a snooze with my heated blanket. No need to wax or shave for that thing, and that's great! Just me, myself, and I.

I'm older. Need my beauty sleep these days!

But will check in later when I wake up with senior insomnia. It happens.

Prepare yourselves for the future you twenty somethings with all yer trivial annoyances!

I'm 71 and it has yet to happen me. I always find.....what was the annoyance again?....who are you people?.....

In fairness Jaxen Curved Shaver, I hope I still have humor like you have when I am 71!

My mum is 78 and she has been acting 80 since she was 50.

yeah Srameen, you're pretty fly, for an ol' guy :);)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You were 45 when I was born!

Are you trying to annoy me? I'll use the "young lady" line if I have to!

I love when older people don't let their age get in the way of anything!!

I love when older people don't let their age get in the way of anything!!

Define 'older' my dear. (Gets ready to write a TA about young wans calling me old)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

TANGLES !!!!!!!!

:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I'm visiting my parents at the moment. I'm a little TA'd by the fact that they seem to be obsessed with documentaries about members of the travelling community. My dad especially. There's always one on when I'm home. It's that and blimmin home improvement shows and Operation Transformation. How do you do the rolling eyes smilie on a phone?

My ears are ringing like crazy at the moment. I'm convinced it's because the landlord told me he was going to fix the smoke alarm today but couldn't figure out what was wrong, leaving me even more hyper-aware of the beeping thsn usual. The alarm in the hallway of the apartment building and the one in the downstairs flat are acting up now too. There's some flaw somewhere, the electrician just has to find it. At least I'm away from that noise for a couple of days though.

• Advertisement

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I'm visiting my parents at the moment. I'm a little TA'd by the fact that they seem to be obsessed with documentaries about members of the travelling community. My dad especially. There's always one on when I'm home. It's that and blimmin home improvement shows and Operation Transformation. How do you do the rolling eyes smilie on a phone?

: rolleyes :

Take out the spaces between the colons on either side.

My ears are ringing like crazy at the moment. I'm convinced it's because the landlord told me he was going to fix the smoke alarm today but couldn't figure out what was wrong, leaving me even more hyper-aware of the beeping thsn usual. The alarm in the hallway of the apartment building and the one in the downstairs flat are acting up now too. There's some flaw somewhere, the electrician just has to find it. At least I'm away from that noise for a couple of days though.

It could be the backup batteries in the alarms are beginning to wear down, they'll make that chirp sound intermittently until you rip them off the wall change the batteries.

/good deed for the day, double whammy in one, I'm on a roll! :D

:rolleyes:

Monkey invest in a tangle teaser brush. It's amazing cuts through tangles like a hot knife through butter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Monkey invest in a tangle teaser brush. It's amazing cuts through tangles like a hot knife through butter

haha!!

Thanks but was talking about tangles in cables etc :D

Oops my bad :s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Our neighbours dog is my TA today. We live in an old farm house with lots of garden space for our dog. This other dog comes up every day to bark at the cattle and roam around all day.

I stood in his horrible poo today and it destroyed my shoe :( go home dog and leave me and my shoes alone!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

: rolleyes : It could be the backup batteries in the alarms are beginning to wear down, they'll make that chirp sound intermittently until you rip them off the wall change the batteries.

/good deed for the day, double whammy in one, I'm on a roll! :D

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: It's a cute smilie actually :). Thanks One eyed Jack but all the batteries were changed by the electrician today and it's still beeping. He's supposed to come back on Monday. Fingers crossed for my sanity!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mushu

TA that I lost my appetite for the last trimester of my pregnancy when it's socially acceptable to eat like a pig cause you're eating for two. Nine weeks after I popped out my sprog and I'm eating everything around me. Had two dinners today.

mushu wrote: »
    TA that I lost my appetite for the last trimester of my pregnancy when it's socially acceptable to eat like a pig cause you're eating for two. Nine weeks after I popped out my sprog and I'm eating everything around me. Had two dinners today.

Have to keep your strength up :D

Congratulations btw! :)

TA that my son has a wee cold and is off from creche today so I have to work from home to look after him. No craic with the lads in the office for me today. No nice canteen food either.

And another thing...

I am TA that I will be dying of a hangover tomorrow morning (I will be too sick then to post that TA here - so getting it in now!).
    But on the plus side I am out tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

TA that my son has a wee cold and is off from creche today so I have to work from home to look after him. No craic with the lads in the office for me today. No nice canteen food either.

aww bummer.
    Hope the little lad alright.
    Get yourself a cheeky takeaway to feel better! Nowt worse than missing the nice Friday grub!

TA: Canteen didn't have ketchup this morning for my sausages!!

• Advertisement

Spanish Eyes :( I'm only 39 and have insomnia, I get between 4 and 5 hours a night. Not looking forward to Senior Insomnia on top of my normal insomnia :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My TA is some other mothers. It's like a bloody competition with them with their kids. Who walks /talks first. Who is a savage little eater. Who is out of nappies first. They can be so judgemental too. I honestly don't give a sh1t how others parent their children, as far as I'm concerned we are all trying to do our best for our kids, and whatever gets you through etc. I have been burned in the past with a couple of other women thinking that their child's sh1t didn't stink, and it's probably why I don't have a close friend who is a mother. My best friend has no kids. It TA's me at times, as it would be nice to talk to another mother without getting the feeling that she was delighting in something you were finding tough.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    aww bummer.
    Hope the little lad alright.

The cheeky little git seemed to get a LOT better once we made the decision to stay at home.
    In fairness he is happy just watching TV and keeping relatively quiet whilst I am on calls etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

73Cat wrote: »
    It's like a bloody competition with them with their kids. Who walks /talks first. Who is a savage little eater. Who is out of nappies first. .

So many are going to extremes to 'big up' their little ones in front of other mothers, and track it all on social media.
    I think many mothers are actually afraid of saying how tough it can be in fear of appearing of being a bad or weak mother.
    I personally know of one or two who appeared like the perfect mother to everyone, but behind the scenes they were struggling a lot. (I know their partners, and they tell me the real story!)
    If only they'd just be honest! We won't think you're bad, we'll only think your normal!!!

73Cat wrote: »
    My TA is some other mothers. It's like a bloody competition with them with their kids. Who walks /talks first. Who is a savage little eater. Who is out of nappies first. They can be so judgemental too. I honestly don't give a sh1t how others parent their children, as far as I'm concerned we are all trying to do our best for our kids, and whatever gets you through etc. I have been burned in the past with a couple of other women thinking that their child's sh1t didn't stink, and it's probably why I don't have a close friend who is a mother. My best friend has no kids. It TA's me at times, as it would be nice to talk to another mother without getting the feeling that she was delighting in something you were finding tough.

All my best friends have kids, it's horrible.
    One uses her 2 year old as an excuse for everything.
    One is actually grand and not a baby bore at all.
    The other one?? "Baby had an explosive poo" here's a fun fact, apparently you can feel a baby ****ting if you have it on your knee, I did not know this and was quite happy not knowing it. "Baby is drooling, I think he's teething", "baby missed me so much he smiled when I walked into the room", "baby is on his 3rd outfit of the day, and it's only 11am". Now I don't reply to excessive baby comments and she lures me in! Could not be bothered. Listening to all the talking about how breastfed babies are more cared about, or how his poo got up his back, or how he vomitted in her hair. Like on what planet is that an acceptable conversation? How does anyone even think that's remotely interesting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

The only funny kid related poop story I've heard is from one of the women I work with.
    "Mammy I did a wee out my bum"
    "What? You don't wee OH NOOOOOOO!!"
    :pac:

How does anyone even think that's remotely interesting?

Ok, I am not going to try to defend your friends. But most of the time when someone has their first baby then it does take over their life and everything becomes baby-centric. Absolutely everything. And the baby is so important to them that they want to share every ****, puke, giggle and tooth with the rest of the world - especially these days with social media and what not.

What they miss though is that most other people could not give a rats ass about them having the kid. Sure, show us a pic once a year to show us that Little Trigger is still alive. But lets leave it at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

whiskeyman wrote: »
    So many are going to extremes to 'big up' their little ones in front of other mothers, and track it all on social media.
    I think many mothers are actually afraid of saying how tough it can be in fear of appearing of being a bad or weak mother.
    I personally know of one or two who appeared like the perfect mother to everyone, but behind the scenes they were struggling a lot. (I know their partners, and they tell me the real story!)
    If only they'd just be honest! We won't think you're bad, we'll only think your normal!!!

That's it 100%. I just can't tolerate fake behaviour. What these women seem to forget is it's best not to look down on or criticise another's child. You never know what your perfect little darling will do next, they are unpredictable little buggers ! I have no problems in saying mine are driving me up the wall, won't eat their dinner, or keep me awake half the night. That's life ! It's a pity women couldn't be more understanding of each other, and less bothered with trying to look perfect.

Lexie, that's a nightmare! I love my kids, but to be perfectly honest, I'm not crazy about others most of the time. One girl I know is constantly on FB putting up photos, or "thrilling"us with the latest cute sibling moment. Then when you meet her in the street, she tells it to you all over again, like you didn't see it. Aaaaarrrgghh!

Ok, I am not going to try to defend your friends. But most of the time when someone has their first baby then it does take over their life and everything becomes baby-centric. Absolutely everything. And the baby is so important to them that they want to share every ****, puke, giggle and tooth with the rest of the world - especially these days with social media and what not.

What they miss though is that most other people could not give a rats ass about them having the kid. Sure, show us a pic once a year to show us that Little Trigger is still alive. But lets leave it at that.

I completely agree with that T, so it should be. But -- I don't care about babies taking a ****, and it baffles me to think that anyone would think that was ever acceptable to share.

My favourite person in the entire world is my best friends two year old. I would do anything at all for that child, even change a poopy nappy - now that's love. I wouldnt do it for any other kid. But, she suffers real bad with constipation. I was minding her one day her mom was at work, she went toilet, and then when I told her mom she pood, do you know what she asked me?? "What did it look like?" For serious. She thought that I opened up the nappy and took a good look at it's contents. Wtf??? I closed my eyes, got most of it off without having to see it and then stuck her under the shower to get the rest of it.

And they LOVE sharing birth stories. Friend one had her baby with no pain relief, it was too late to give the epidural, and they had to CUT her.
    Friend two and three both had emergency sections after induction went wrong. One baby ended up being moved to the neo natal icu in holles street straight after, and the other one flatlined and my friend couldn't see him for like 7 hours after he was born. How terrifying are all those births?? Like it wouldn't put your mind at ease if you ever found yourself in the position of having to go through it yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

When you become a parent, you immediately become a poop inspector. It's one of these strange skills that has lied dormant for your entire life and is suddenly awoken.

My kids are at the stage now where they close the door when they go to the jacks, I'm always trying to follow them in to have a poop snoop and they go mental at me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement