Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Ugh, you're all turning me off having kids. They sound disgusting!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

fussyonion wrote: »
    Ugh, you're all turning me off having kids. They sound disgusting!
    They are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    yeah but, can you kick it?

HELL yeah. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

At home with the two year old and she has been incessantly moaning about wanting lunch since 10am. I eventually caved in at 11am and gave her a toasted cheese sandwich and of course, I just couldn't resist myself, so I'm now chowing down on one, with crisps on the side. You know its going to be a bad food day when you're having lunch in the morning

Vel wrote: »
    ...You know its going to be a bad food day when you're having lunch in the morning

Think of it as a Farmer's Dinner gone slightly awry. I had a plate of bacon-and-cabbage at 12:30pm yesterday that'd capsize a bull elephant! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

****ing stupid bitches at work. I work with 6 girls. There's one, she's a smart cow, clients love her but she doesn't really get on with a couple of us, for no reason. She undermines me constantly, is always a couple mins late in am/after lunch. I know she doesn't like me, and I know she has a problem with me being her manager but that doesn't bother me.
    What does bother me is her constant snide remarks, me being OCD because I clean every morning (I never ask them to do it), when I get asos delivered to work shell comment that "real life will knock that out of you", basically, she has something smart to say about everything. But today, ugh.

I have a presentation to make today, nothing big, just talking to transition years about what it's like to work in the beauty industry, so obviously didn't come to work looking like a bag of ****e. I know how critical teenage girls can be about other people's apperance. I have my hair down, my makeup done, and I'm not in my uniform. I know I am not the best looking girl in the world, I don't claim to be either, I'm average and I'm happy with that. I have serious love for makeup and I love experimenting with makeup. I don't wear it as a mask, I wear it because I enjoy applying it.

Anyway, in work, one of the other girls told me I was really pretty. Before I had a chance to reply, this wan comments about how plastering yourself in makeup isn't beautiful, and something along the lines of beautiful people don't need to hide their looks behind a face full of "slap". What the actual ****? Apart from looking like I need a blood transfusion, I think I look okay without makeup. I'm not an insecure girl, but jesus. Harsh much?

I just walked out, I'm so angry, I was either going to cry or lose my **** with her. I know I need to say something to her but now it'll look like I'm only saying it because she said I was ugly.

****ing stupid bitches at work....

Discipline the little wagon. Seriously, you're her manager. Act like it. There is no way in hell I'd put up with that sort of bullshít, and talking to people like that is forbidden in any civilised work environment. Explain further to her that failing to improve matters could result in her being dismissed. In other words, give her a shot of Real Life to knock the smart-alec crap out of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mushu

Speaking of disgusting children, my two year old's new favourite thing to do is pick is nose and then ramble over to me and either wipe it on my clothes or say 'here mammy' and hand it to me when I'm not paying attention.
    That and stick his hands down to grab himself when I'm cleaning a dirty nappy and then freak out cause he has s.hit on his hands.

The best method of contraceptive would be to mind my two for 24 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

****ing stupid bitches at work. I work with 6 girls. There's one, she's a smart cow, clients love her but she doesn't really get on with a couple of us, for no reason. She undermines me constantly, is always a couple mins late in am/after lunch. I know she doesn't like me, and I know she has a problem with me being her manager but that doesn't bother me.
    What does bother me is her constant snide remarks, me being OCD because I clean every morning (I never ask them to do it), when I get asos delivered to work shell comment that "real life will knock that out of you", basically, she has something smart to say about everything. But today, ugh.

I have a presentation to make today, nothing big, just talking to transition years about what it's like to work in the beauty industry, so obviously didn't come to work looking like a bag of ****e. I know how critical teenage girls can be about other people's apperance. I have my hair down, my makeup done, and I'm not in my uniform. I know I am not the best looking girl in the world, I don't claim to be either, I'm average and I'm happy with that. I have serious love for makeup and I love experimenting with makeup. I don't wear it as a mask, I wear it because I enjoy applying it.

Anyway, in work, one of the other girls told me I was really pretty. Before I had a chance to reply, this wan comments about how plastering yourself in makeup isn't beautiful, and something along the lines of beautiful people don't need to hide their looks behind a face full of "slap". What the actual ****? Apart from looking like I need a blood transfusion, I think I look okay without makeup. I'm not an insecure girl, but jesus. Harsh much?

I just walked out, I'm so angry, I was either going to cry or lose my **** with her. I know I need to say something to her but now it'll look like I'm only saying it because she said I was ugly.

And you're her manager? She needs to be knocked down a peg and a serious talking to about professional and appropriate language at work.

• Advertisement

Lexie definitely discipline that b.itch. If she had said it to one of your employees you would have to do it. The fact that she spoke to her manager in that why is not only rude and offensive, it is disrespectful. I'd be giving her at least a verbal warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

jimgoose wrote: »
    Discipline the little wagon. Seriously, you're her manager. Act like it. There is no way in hell I'd put up with that sort of bullshít, and talking to people like that is forbidden in any civilised work environment. Explain further to her that failing to improve matters could result in her being dismissed. In other words, give her a shot of Real Life to knock the smart-alec crap out of her.

I completely agree with you Jim. I had something similar with an older woman who worked for me, not with me. In the end I just had to fire her.

mushu wrote: »
    Lexie definitely discipline that b.itch. If she had said it to one of your employees you would have to do it. The fact that she spoke to her manager in that why is not only rude and offensive, it is disrespectful. I'd be giving her at least a verbal warning.

I also think it's high time the employee in question got the hang of cleaning the place. Every morning. At 6am. With a toothbrush. While the Lexmeister-General has an extra bit of a lie-in. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Lexie take her to one side and tell her that she was out of line, If were a customer and heard that I would not be impressed. In fact I would think twice about returning to the salon

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Lexie take her to one side and tell her that she was out of line, If were a customer and heard that I would not be impressed. In fact I would think twice about returning to the salon

Correct. Adults neither want nor expect to be listening to this sort of schoolyard bitchery in a place of business. It amazes me when I hear of grown men and women acting like that in the workplace. "Real Life" my fcukan hole. Overgrown fourteen-year-old who thinks life is like Facebook on steroids, more like. :mad:

jim you're dead right. I recently severed contact with a friend because bitchy behaviour.

• Advertisement

Like I'm not sure if I come across as bitchy online but I am not bitchy at all in real life. I'm more annoyed with myself for letting her see she got to me. I'll wait and see how she is the rest of today and talk with her this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

BB, when do you think would be a good time to tell Lexie about when babies get a cold and the snot comes out of their eyes?

Know what freaks me out? Those disgusting pipette things that you need to suction the snot out :D

Babies are great so long as they are clean, dressed in little babygros, wearing a hat and have that lovely baby smell. Preferably sleeping or if not, snuggling into your neck. Any deviation from this and I'm out :)

Lexie I meant your staff member was being bitchy not you. I would strongly advise you to speak to her today, it keeps happening and she'll keep undermining you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Know what freaks me out? Those disgusting pipette things that you need to suction the snot out :D

Babies are great so long as they are clean, dressed in little babygros, wearing a hat and have that lovely baby smell. Preferably sleeping or if not, snuggling into your neck. Any deviation from this and I'm out :)

Basically my exact thoughts on the situation.

Once loud noises or juices start coming out of any orifice, you take take it away. Preferably two towns over. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Lexie I meant your staff member was being bitchy not you. I would strongly advise you to speak to her today and nip this in the bud.

More like nip it in the full bloomed flower. This appears to be ongoing behaviour and needs to be addressed asap. It's a pity it's gone this far unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Like I'm not sure if I come across as bitchy online but I am not bitchy at all in real life. I'm more annoyed with myself for letting her see she got to me. I'll wait and see how she is the rest of today and talk with her this evening.

Let me get this straight, she works in a beauty salon, and slags people off for wearing cosmetics? am I missing something. surely if people don't want to improve on what they have, she would be out of a job:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Babies are great so long as they are clean, dressed in little babygros, wearing a hat and have that lovely baby smell.

Oh god...the baby smell.
    A baby aged 0-8 months - get your nose in to their head and smell....it is the single most lovely smell in the world. Primeval pleasure.

TA that I dont get that anymore!

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Let me get this straight, she works in a beauty salon, and slags people off for wearing cosmetics? am I missing something. surely if people don't want to improve on what they have, she would be out of a job:confused:

Meh she probably only said it because it was me. She wears makeup too. Not as much, granted but still.

Oh god...the baby smell.
    A baby aged 0-8 months - get your nose in to their head and smell....it is the single most lovely smell in the world. Primeval pleasure.

TA that I dont get that anymore!

>
    <

Jumps on first man she sees..... :D

Oh god...the baby smell.

TA that my baby's head smells of mashed potatoes courtesy of her big brother.

Took the kids for a hot chocolate recently and eldest managed to spill quite a bit of his under the table and on the bottom of the wall. I got the wipes out and cleaned it up as best I could but it still wasn't perfect so when we were leaving I mentioned it to the girl behind the counter. Well, I've never seen someone so grateful. She told me that most people who create a spillage walk out without saying anything. Who does that? Were the majority of us raised by packs of rabid, wild dogs?

She was so happy, she gave the kids a free marshmallow on a stick, which was much appreciated, but all I could think was, you know, me, the one who didn't do a runner and was on her hands and knees scrubbing your floor and walls wouldn't have minded one too :(:D

Meh she probably only said it because it was me. She wears makeup too. Not as much, granted but still.

Well maybe she should wear more, and apply with a trowel!

"Beauty is only skin deep.........................but ugly goes right to the fcukin bone!"

Shakespeare - 1968

eisenberg1 by the sounds of yer wan nasty goes right to the bone too :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

TA: People who schedule meetings between 12-2pm... especially on Fridays!!!
    Let people be flexible and enjoy lunch damnit!!

Speaking of lunch. TA for my colleague, We have a kitchen but not a canteen. My co worker S looks after the kitchen and cleaning the office. She has nothing in the fridge and the boss man asked her to make sandwiches for 4 people at noon an they were due to arrive at 12.30

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

whiskeyman wrote: »
    TA: People who schedule meetings between 12-2pm... especially on Fridays!!!
    Let people be flexible and enjoy lunch damnit!!

12-2 for lunch. What are you -spanish?

12-2 for lunch. What are you -spanish?

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

TA when I lose weight, I seem to lose it from the top down. Converse of that is now that I have found weight, I'm getting bigger! Flotation device anyone?! :eek: People are looking at me funny, like I've had surgery or something. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A mother in the supermarket this morning picking up the various loose bread rolls and showing them to a child under 2 years old and then asking the child which one he wanted. Just give the child one! Don't offer choice to a toddler. And stop handling all the bread rolls if you're not buying them.

TA when I lose weight, I seem to lose it from the top down. Converse of that is now that I have found weight, I'm getting bigger! Flotation device anyone?! :eek: People are looking at me funny, like I've had surgery or something. :mad:

Are you sure you are not, you know....;)

TA at being bigger than a size 10 I want to buy a pair of trousers for work that don't cost a fortune but can't get my size

Stepping in dog sh1te. Specifically your own dog's sh1te. No one to rant and rave about and blame. And I've had to give my boots a spin in the washing machine as it was engendered into ridges.

Horsing into the Battenberg??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

jimgoose wrote: »
    Horsing into the Battenberg??

If that's what you call it :eek:

• Advertisement

jimgoose durty ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ara ararauna

When somebody rubs their jeans with the palm of their hand....
    that friction noise.... *shudder*

jimgoose durty ;)

Nowt wrong wi' t'Battenberg, woman!

Jim, I thought you meant something else with all the talk of roiding and mickeys in here lately.
    I love battenburg stupid coeliac disease means I can't eat cake or bread any more. The GF stuff takes like wet cardboard

Um...I dunno.

Um...I dunno.

Battenberg is the triangular one covered in chocolate.

• Advertisement

When somebody rubs their jeans with the palm of their hand....
    that friction noise.... *shudder*

How about the dry squeak when you chew the corner of a dry towel with a back molar? :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

How about the dry squeak when you chew the corner of a dry towel with a back molar? :P

is that prison talk?

breaking up polystyrene. Nails on a chalkboard

I want a sandwich but don't want to disturb my lipstick. The hardship of my life. The burden of lipstick that smudges :(

Lexie don't see the problem, eat sandwich reapply lipstick

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement