Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

jimgoose wrote: »
    Battenberg is the triangular one covered in chocolate.

Battenburg is square with two colours of sponge covered in marzipan. But then again, I don't get the reference so carry on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I want a sandwich but don't want to disturb my lipstick. The hardship of my life. The burden of lipstick that smudges :(
    MsBubbles wrote: »
    Lexie don't see the problem, eat sandwich reapply lipstick

Eat a lipstick sandwich!

problem solved... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Battenburg is square with two colours of sponge covered in marzipan.

And is the work of Satan, along with pink wafer biscuits.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Battenburg is square with two colours of sponge covered in marzipan. But then again, I don't get the reference so carry on...

I was wondering what to have for dinner tonight, looks like its going to be Battenburg.

(only 1 dinner today)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Boom_Bap Battenberg is dessert .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

That's the heathen Sassenach Battenberg. I'm talking about Irish Battenberg, the real one! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Lexie don't see the problem, eat sandwich reapply lipstick

It's matt red. :( I'll have to fix foundation, apply lipliner, apply lipstick, apply concealer. Can't be arsed. Is there a patent on lazy?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

but it could be a dinner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Not if you eat it with a knife and fork.

Spoon = dessert
    Knife and Fork = dinner

Go for it Senor Bap

what's irish battenberg Jim ? Never heard of it

• Advertisement

Lexie buy lipcote then. I love applying make up

dub_skav wrote: »
    Not if you eat it with a knife and fork.

Spoon = dessert
    Knife and Fork = dinner

Go for it Senor Bap

I believe we have the same theories on life Monsenior Skav

what's irish battenberg Jim ? Never heard of it

Triangular sponge-cake about a foot long, covered in a thick layer of chocolate. The Old Mill Bakery in Cork make them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I want a sandwich but don't want to disturb my lipstick. The hardship of my life. The burden of lipstick that smudges :(

Try Maxfactor lipfinity. Amazing :) It even stays on during you know what. All the mickey holding in the world wont knock it off :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Is there a patent on lazy?

Not yet... no one couldn't be arsed filing it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

jimgoose wrote: »
    Triangular sponge-cake about a foot long, covered in a thick layer of chocolate. The Old Mill Bakery in Cork make them.

I thought Battenberg was the pink and yellow rectangular sponge covered in marzipan? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    And is the work of Satan, along with pink wafer biscuits.

Along with Jaffa cakes, fcukin horrible things.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I thought Battenberg was the pink and yellow rectangular sponge covered in marzipan? :(

It is, just not in Cork by the sounds of it

Try Maxfactor lipfinity. Amazing :) It even stays on during you know what. All the mickey holding in the world wont knock it off :D

Hahahaha, I wear Mac Ruby Woo, I love giving the oh little kisses with it on, side of his face/neck. Not to be affectionate tho, to mark my territory and he can't usually see it. It's my equivalent to peeing on him if I were a dog.

• Advertisement

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Along with Jaffa cakes, fcukin horrible things.

Get out! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Thats the Valentine's day pressie sorted:D

Not for me I hasten to add.......

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Thats the Valentine's day pressie sorted:D

No for me I hasten to add.......

I'm getting Mrs. Bap a set of rear break pads (and fitted) along with her annual commerative handshake. You should probably steal my idea.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'm getting Mrs. Bap a set of rear break pads (and fitted) along with her annual commerative handshake. You should probably steal my idea.

You can treat her to a nice dessert too. Halfway through her lasagne, switch her fork for a spoon

We don't mark St valentine's day as we say we don't need just one day a year to express our love for each other: we do that every day. It really annoys people when we say it. :)

When people who are particularly overweight try to tell me that their exercise is better than my exercise.

• Advertisement

We don't mark St valentine's day as we say we don't need just one day a year to express our love for each other: we do that every day. It really annoys people when we say it. :)

It's a day for the insecure. They need that validation, big show of love, big gestures. Real love is getting up in the middle of the night to get the oh a basin to be sick into, and holding back their hair, or something gross. Anyone can go for dinner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The price of ribs for the amount of eating on them. Shocking :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

It's a day for the insecure. They need that validation, big show of love, big gestures. Real love is getting up in the middle of the night to get the oh a basin to be sick into, and holding back their hair, or something gross. Anyone can go for dinner!

I think it's probably the least romantic day of the year. We don't even acknowledge it. All that happens is people end up disappointed that their other half didn't spend as much as they'd hoped on them or annoyed that they spent money they can't really afford and a lot of single people feel even more miserable, etc etc. It's simply a marketing bridge between Christmas and Mothers Day, which incidentally is 2 weeks early this year folks, 15th March.:)

Hell, I *like* you. We should have a pint at some stage! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Some idiot in my office keeps saving data to the blank template spreadsheet. The number of times I've had to delete stuff before I could get on with my own work (usually muttering something along the lines of 'fcuks sake does nobody here know what 'save as' is.)

Today I am the idiot who saved to the template and in my haste to undo my mistake I deleted a pile of clever formulas too :(

Well done, well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Some idiot in my office keeps saving data to the blank template spreadsheet. The number of times I've had to delete stuff before I could get on with my own work (usually muttering something along the lines of 'fcuks sake does nobody here know what 'save as' is.)

Today I am the idiot who saved to the template and in my haste to undo my mistake I deleted a pile of clever formulas too :(

Well done, well done.

Would you not just make the template read only?

Well done, well done.
    Would you not just make the template read only?

Or better yet, just make it a document template!

go to file > save as > choose 'document template' instead of excel workbook. Voila.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I ordered alloys today and OH definitely said during the week that he would pay for 2 of them but now hes saying that he only said he would pay for 1:mad: We are heading off for a night away tomorrow and it might just be the best nights sleep he gets all year unless his memory recovers very soon:D

Well done, well done.

Template shmemplate. Use vi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Or better yet, just make it a document template!

go to file > save as > choose 'document template' instead of excel workbook. Voila.

That is also an excellent suggestion. I prefer read only because I'm lazy as f*ck and it means the file name is automatically filled in when I go to save.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

whiskeyman wrote: »
    TA: People who schedule meetings between 12-2pm... especially on Fridays!!!
    Let people be flexible and enjoy lunch damnit!!
    Whenever I was able to schedule meetings they started between 11.30 and 12 - nobody is interested in going on beyond 1 o'c, stomachs take over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

People walking along in a busy area, looking the opposite direction to which they are going. I met the same person twice in a busy supermarket today, doing just that. FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Oh man, just been reading todays tttaaayyyssss, for the last 10 pages, how so many???
    Babys babys babys, make up on, make up off, getting like "Loose women again,

Lexi, in reference to your employee, the Pope ok'd slapping children, But seriously, undermining a manager or derogatory comment to one is called misconduct and a verbal warning is allowed.

Popped into the local Lidl earlier on way home, 2 lovely Chungwans buying their cans or beer, (no bag) holding them all loose and dropping them, wearing their feckin Christmas P.J's Rudolph top and little Santa's all over the bottoms, FFS.
    rant.

selous wrote: »
    Oh man, just been reading todays tttaaayyyssss, for the last 10 pages, how so many???

Lexi, in reference to your employee, the Pope ok'd slapping children, But seriously, undermining a manager or derogatory comment to one is called misconduct and a verbal warning is allowed.

Popped into the local Lidl earlier on way home, 2 lovely Chungwans buying their cans or beer, (no bag) holding them all loose and dropping them, wearing their feckin Christmas P.J's Rudolph top and little Santa's all over the bottoms, FFS.
    rant.

Did you not read my TA yesterday about people saying " man"? Now you have me annoyed all over again. Thanks! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Whooops, oh boy, sorry!!

• Advertisement

Just saw this ad and it TA' me

''........Creche is looking for a female driver to drop and collect children to and from local schools in Swords (8.10 to 9.10 am / 1.00 pm to 3pm) Mondays to Fridays, 15 hours a week.
    Garda Vetting required.

female only, because all blokes are a danger around kids?? :(

(maybe I have the wrong end of the stick, I dunno, but it annoyed me trivialy, nonetheless )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Jake1 wrote: »
    Just saw this ad and it TA' me

''........Creche is looking for a female driver to drop and collect children to and from local schools in Swords (8.10 to 9.10 am / 1.00 pm to 3pm) Mondays to Fridays, 15 hours a week.
    Garda Vetting required.

female only, because all blokes are a danger around kids?? :(

(maybe I have the wrong end of the stick, I dunno, but it annoyed me trivialy, nonetheless )

Could also be fir the cheaper insurance...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

When people who are particularly overweight try to tell me that their exercise is better than my exercise.

Fat people drinking Diet Coke. As if that will make any difference?

fiachr_a wrote: »
    Fat people drinking Diet Coke. As if that will make any difference?

Could be diabetic :p

Could be diabetic :p

Stop being annoyingly understanding. This is no place for that attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

We were going to bring my puppy to the vet for his injections. My grandad's car broke down on the way up here so we can't go.

Jesus George hook takes getting used to :/

selous wrote: »

Lexi, in reference to your employee, the Pope ok'd slapping children, But seriously, undermining a manager or derogatory comment to one is called misconduct and a verbal warning is allowed

I think it's all sorted now anyway. Had a chat. :)

Does red lights not apply to cyclists or something? Crossing the street, waited for the green man, stepped off the path and this bike is coming straight at me, it never stopped, then weaved out around me. I was sure he was going to smack into me, and you know when you get a shock and stand there like an imbicle not able to move? Bit like that.

People who can't walk in a straight line, but weave over and back on paths, making the people behind them bump into things, like that bike that's locked to a lamp post.

Ta I'm missing all my soaps and I have no ****ing social life anymore. Literally all I do anymore is work. I get up, work, come home and go to bed.

You'd be withered

Jesus George hook takes getting used to :/
    That's why I watch my rugby on BBC.

• Advertisement

That's why I watch my rugby on BBC.

Jesus...why did I not think on that!!!

Im actually tick complaining with years of him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement