Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

jimgoose wrote: »
    Hell, I *like* you. We should have a pint at some stage! :)

Done. I'll bring my rape alarm just in case that *like* turns all handsy :D
    fiachr_a wrote: »
    Fat people drinking Diet Coke. As if that will make any difference?

I drink Diet Coke, I used to drink the non Diet variety bit a mate in college had to drink diet on account of being diabetic. So in an act of solidarity I started diet with him. Real coke tastes rank now. Tastes sweeter than junkies tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Susandublin

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Then I realise that I must look like a down-trodden hobo and they are taking sympathy on me

Just do what all good hobos do and wash your dishes in the shower. Two birds and one stone and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,215 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Just do what all good hobos do and wash your dishes in the shower. Two birds and one stone and all that.

Déjà vu? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Done. I'll bring my rape alarm just in case that *like* turns all handsy :D...

Ooh, you're such a tart!! :)

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Jim, I thought you meant something else with all the talk of roiding and mickeys in here lately.
    I love battenburg stupid coeliac disease means I can't eat cake or bread any more. The GF stuff takes like wet cardboard

Dove farm gf flour, or odlums gf flour, make your own. tastes normal and all that cakey goodness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My boyfriend's alarm went off at 6am which woke me. I'm wide awake now and he's snoring away. I'm not the one who has to work!! I hate being awake early at the weekend :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,605 ✭✭✭veryangryman

KatW4 wrote: »
    My boyfriend's alarm went off at 6am which woke me. I'm wide awake now and he's snoring away. I'm not the one who has to work!! I hate being awake early at the weekend :(

Me too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

Been awake since quarter past 5. That should be illegal.

When you're dreaming about a really hot girl and in that dream you try it on with her but she wont put out. What's that all about??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I have a rocking Three Tun Tavern hangover. EVERYTHING is annoying today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Blue wolf I can't eat Odlums gf cos it still has some gluten in it doves farm has buckwheat which I can eat either :(

Blue wolf I can't eat Odlums gf cos it still has some gluten in it doves farm has buckwheat which I can eat either :(

Nooooo really?

rice flour??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

The new Lucozade lemon drink that only contains ½ the sugar. 5 spoons instead of 10!

Yes it sucks .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Feckin' egg ball, you'd swear it was something important.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When someone comes and robs your emergency supply of chocolate, and leave NONE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

There's overpaid princess' playing soccerball on too....somewhere, i'm sure..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

selous wrote: »
    There's overpaid princess' playing soccerball on too....somewhere, i'm sure..:D

Its 1-1. Come on Spurs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My TA, the Mammy bus is a nice car to drive, and very practical, but the A pillar is a bugger:( I am rocking back and forth like a lunatic while approaching roundabouts, as it's actually scary what the pillar will block out of your view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

fiachr_a wrote: »
    Fat people drinking Diet Coke. As if that will make any difference?

I have a relative who used to order himself 2 chinese take out meals, a large portion of chips and a can of diet coke. I always wanted to say 'dafuq? do you think you're kidding. Like the diet coke is gonna make a difference. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Ya don't mean "It's yawn yawn" do you? snarf..

73Cat wrote: »
    My TA, the Mammy bus is a nice car to drive, and very practical, but the A pillar is a bugger:( I am rocking back and forth like a lunatic while approaching roundabouts, as it's actually scary what the pillar will block out of your view.

Check out the old 1950s American wraparound windscreens. No A-pillar problems, and no safety issues either - in a crash you're beheaded instantly! :)

I arrived back to the office after lunch on Friday to discover a couple of huge Maoris doing some sort of a war-dance in the machine-room. "No no NO!!" says I, "I said we needed a *Hacker* to sort out the old mainframe!" :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Yea and if that Haka thing is so good how come they're ruled by white Europeans and the queen of England is the head of state?

Seven Worlds will Collide

I have a relative who used to order himself 2 chinese take out meals, a large portion of chips and a can of diet coke. I always wanted to say 'dafuq? do you think you're kidding. Like the diet coke is gonna make a difference. :D

Sounds like my brother, except with a 2l bottle of Diet Coke. Sounds like me, except with three takeouts and a litre of milk! :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

People wandering around aimlessly in a supermarket with no sense of spacial awareness! It seems like I'm the only one who's shuffling about the place and trying to not be in everyone elses way.

I put a huge pot of ribs on to boil 45 minutes ago, and they still haven't come to the boil. I'm like a dog :(. When they do there's going to be a flood of water over the top of the cooker, I have tea towels at the ready. Hate this sh1t!

Yea and if that Haka thing is so good how come they're ruled by white Europeans and the queen of England is the head of state?

There are many Haka, the one you see at the Rugger is the Sport Haka, more civilised than the actual War Haka, which is something quite terrifying.

There is little or no segregation, or racism of any kind, in New Zealand, largely because as far as Kiwi Bloke (the Ultimate Bloke) is concerned, if you wear overalls, own a pliers, a roll of Number 8 wire and a chainsaw, and know the firing-order on a Holden Kingswood V8 yer awll fackin' roight, even if y'are a Blackfeller.

Passive aggressive ASSHOLES.
    People who eat TUNA sandwiches and then complain there's a smell of food.
    People who sit on the stairs to eat and drop crumbs all over the stairs that they don't even Hoover.
    People who sit at reception and eat muffins. How do i know they had muffins?? becauae there is crumbs all over the floor.

And I'm raging I have to work monday, because 5 days isn't enough days to be dealing with.

• Advertisement

Also that rugby haka is terrifying. I don't know why they're allowed do it. It's scary to even watch on tv

Also that rugby haka is terrifying. I don't know why they're allowed do it. It's scary to even watch on tv

"It is death, it is right!
    It is death, it is right!
    The man above allows me to live,
    So that I may aspire to the light!
    GGRRRRAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!"

:)

Yuck! Shuuuuudddder

Yuck! Shuuuuudddder

Relax Lex, it's just a dance. Paul "Slaine Mac Roth" O'Connell is well able for 'em! ;)

I put a huge pot of ribs on to boil 45 minutes ago, and they still haven't come to the boil. I'm like a dog :(. When they do there's going to be a flood of water over the top of the cooker, I have tea towels at the ready. Hate this sh1t!

Jaysis Bridie, fair playtchoo. Is it Silage Sayson already?? :):):)

Relax Lex, it's just a dance. Paul "Slaine Mac Roth" O'Connell is well able for 'em! ;)

They just played "O Flower O' Scotland" on the bagpipes there, followed by a load of twenty-stone French dudes belting out "La Marsellaise". I don't know about you guys, but that frightens the living sh1t out of me! :)

• Advertisement

Who won? Are they playing New Zealand? I thought it was Italy today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

This guy ;) and this guy :rolleyes: piss me off no end, the smarmiest and most condescending little ***** I've ever come across.

Who won? Are they playing New Zealand? I thought it was Italy today

Ireland beat Italy 26-3, France and Scotland kicked off at 5pm. I was cracking jokes about New Zealand and the Maori Haka by way of having the incorrectly-spelt crack with CrowdedHouse! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

haka is a fag dance - response should be a goatse

haka is a fag dance - response should be a goatse

The response was a load of hungover fourteen-stone weaklings from Cork and Limerick handing them their ballacks at Thomond Park in 1978, bah. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

The response was a load of hungover fourteen-stone weaklings from Cork and Limerick handing them their ballacks at Thomond Park in 1978, bah. ;)

cant talk goatseing the tv

Ta at myself forgot to take my happy pills so feeling crap today :(

cant talk goatseing the tv

You're a hill-farmer of the ilk of John "Bull" Hayes, bah! :)

Ta at myself forgot to take my happy pills so feeling crap today :(

'Srongitcha beoir?

Aggressive checkout operators.:mad: I was in Tesco at lunch time and wanted a couple of reusable bags for my shopping, none on the till I was at so I put my basket on the conveyor belt and went to get some at the next till, so I was gone about 5 seconds. In that time some aul wan' had jumped in ahead of me. I gave her a look and she apologised and went back behind me in the queue.

All fine one would have thought, but NO. Cnut face the checkout operator decided to tell the woman she'd no reason to apologise as 'she'd done nothing wrong' and 'how was she to know' Well, eh my basket was on the belt and cnut face could clearly see me getting bags. This was actually a really long story and got insanely surreal and she got abusive. I've never laid eyes on the woman before today and I'm guessing that she may be related to some scum from Moyross that we had as neighbours for a couple of years and who were evicted in the end.

I thought about speaking to her Manager but decided that since she feels that she can speak to customers that way then her Manager clearly isn't doing his/her job properly. I'm really looking forward to the call I'll be making to Tesco HO on Monday morning.

Whosthis wrote: »
    This guy ;) and this guy :rolleyes: piss me off no end, the smarmiest and most condescending little ***** I've ever come across.

Sorry:(;)

Jaysis Bridie, fair playtchoo. Is it Silage Sayson already?? :):):)

Not sure Father, but I've heard tell they are spreading the slurry already. I've a grand head of cabbitch n all to go wit em;).

Feeling under the weather nothing specific

Not sure Father, but I've heard tell they are spreading the slurry already. I've a grand head of cabbitch n all to go wit em;).

Aaahhhh, Cabbitch! Marry me now, cailin!! :)

Feeling under the weather nothing specific

Sorry to hear that MsBubbles:(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement