Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭todders

People who don't even try to help themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

**** my life. Oh making plans for us tonight and I've been dreaming about Chinese and cuddles all day. Now were going out :'( so inconsiderate

MaB you can come over and cuddle me instead!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

jimgoose wrote: »
    Aaahhhh, Cabbitch! Marry me now, calin!! :)

You're only scandalous now Father, and me a widda woman :0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

73Cat wrote: »
    You're only scandalous now Father, and me a widda woman :0

You're grand altogether! Any Murphy??

You're grand altogether! Any Murphy??

Not sure what ya mane there now ? And it's TA me!!

Not sure what ya mane there now ? And it's TA me!!

"Annie Murphy", "Any chance of a pint of Murphy's stout". Granted, that one was a bit esoteric, which is Latin for "Not very fcukan funny"! :)

"Annie Murphy", "Any chance of a pint of Murphy's stout". Granted, that one was a bit esoteric, which is Latin for "Not very fcukan funny"! :)

Glass of port? No stout!!

Glass of port? No stout!!

Four-star Tawny and I'm a big mountainy slapper! :)

• Advertisement

Vomitting. I can't deal with that at all. I never remember vomitting much (except drunk/binge drinking) as a kid. If I got sick, it was my ears or my tonsils or my chest, but rarely puked.

When I did, it was always my dad that came into the bathroom to me. Or it was my mom that would be banished out of her bed, so as I could sleep in their bed and my dad would mind me.

Nothing was ever as comforting as sleeping in your parents bed when you were sick. Then even as I got older, and was hungover on a Sunday, although disgusted with me, he'd still mind me. When I broke my ankle, he minded me. All meals in bed, hell, even when he was in hospital, shortly before he died, http://tinypic.com/r/vilh1x/8 he was the one giving ME foot rubs.

And lately, I'm so sick. There's nothing wrong, I'm just queasy. But when I vomit, I cry. I don't know why, it just happens. And the OH tries mind me, but he doesn't do it right, he doesn't make me feel better.

Tomorrow is the date two years ago that my dad was diagnosed with cancer. And I'm annoyed that I'm being such a child, such a whingebag, because I'm quite lucky all things considered.

And I'm annoyed at 26, I am not independent or strong by myself. ****ing GRR. TA being sick, being spoilt, being sentimental, and being sober.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

There are many Haka, the one you see at the Rugger is the Sport Haka, more civilised than the actual War Haka, which is something quite terrifying.

There is little or no segregation, or racism of any kind, in New Zealand, largely because as far as Kiwi Bloke (the Ultimate Bloke) is concerned, if you wear overalls, own a pliers, a roll of Number 8 wire and a chainsaw, and know the firing-order on a Holden Kingswood V8 yer awll fackin' roight, even if y'are a Blackfeller.

Just ask "Jake the Muss"😊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Slurry. The fields surrounding the house were spread today. The house reeks.
    And I hate the smell of the scented candles Mrs S has lit in every room. At this stage I don't know which smell is worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

My flabby tummy. Tried some jeans on today, wasn't pretty, didn't buy jeans. Post Christmas weight. *Hangs head in shame and despair.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

All meals in bed, hell, even when he was in hospital, shortly before he died, he was the one giving ME foot rubs.

Thats a lovely picture to have Lexie. Hope it comforts you in those ****ty moments.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I went into a shop. Tried on 1 pair of jeans. Bought that pair of jeans. Got a 20% discount.
    Never in the history of shopping has that happened before.
    Something must be wrong somewhere.

• Advertisement

Now I'm sitting in a 4 seater with a rake of kids fighting over chocolate biscuits sweet jesus give me strength

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Now I'm sitting in a 4 seater with a rake of kids fighting over chocolate biscuits sweet jesus give me strength

I'm really upset after reading about your dad. I'm sorry.

eternal wrote: »
    I'm really upset after reading about your dad. I'm sorry.

Oh no it's fine, I'm just needy and a whingebag when I'm sick.

Who gives toddlers a bottle of coke? Can't cope with these kids. Crying, fighting, throwing biscuits. And the mother?? Threathening to ring her boyfriend to tell him. How's about you discipline your own kids? Now she smacked her, twice.
    I am itchy from the scobe aura surrounding me.

Oh no it's fine, I'm just needy and a whingebag when I'm sick.

Who gives toddlers a bottle of coke?
    Can't cope with these kids. Crying, fighting, throwing biscuits. And the mother?? Threathening to ring her boyfriend to tell him. How's about you discipline your own kids? Now she smacked her, twice.
    I am itchy from the scobe aura surrounding me.

Not to toddlers, but when a friend used emotional blackmail a couple of times to babysit her kids I fed them Coke and chocolate, so they were virtually bouncing off the walls when she got home. Didn't get asked to babysit often.:D

You should see these. Swear to God. Three kids and a scobe mother. The oldest boy, he's about 6 and he is clearly acting like the dad. He has more "control" over the other two than she does, and he's telling the little girl to be good, stop throwing things or she's not getting it back. That's sad in itself but the little one is crying she's hungry, the mother takes out chocolate biscuits and handed her a bottle of coke. She smacked her too, twice, for being naughty. Because I'm sure smacking a kid is a great way to parent. Scumbag. My nerves are in shreds

Little brat drew all over my makeup bag
    http://tinypic.com/r/34ngnlk/8 :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Flutterby80

Aggressive checkout operators.:mad: I was in Tesco at lunch time and wanted a couple of reusable bags for my shopping, none on the till I was at so I put my basket on the conveyor belt and went to get some at the next till, so I was gone about 5 seconds. In that time some aul wan' had jumped in ahead of me. I gave her a look and she apologised and went back behind me in the queue.

All fine one would have thought, but NO. Cnut face the checkout operator decided to tell the woman she'd no reason to apologise as 'she'd done nothing wrong' and 'how was she to know' Well, eh my basket was on the belt and cnut face could clearly see me getting bags. This was actually a really long story and got insanely surreal and she got abusive. I've never laid eyes on the woman before today and I'm guessing that she may be related to some scum from Moyross that we had as neighbours for a couple of years and who were evicted in the end.

I thought about speaking to her Manager but decided that since she feels that she can speak to customers that way then her Manager clearly isn't doing his/her job properly. I'm really looking forward to the call I'll be making to Tesco HO on Monday morning.

Tesco take complaints very seriously. A rude bitch on the customer service till in my local branch was hideously ignorant to me so I sent off a stinking email. Two days later I got a phone call from head office, the chap couldn't have been more apologetic and assured me that the person had been "dealt with". I actually ended up feeling sorry for the poor Cnut!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Poor Lexie. Sorry to hear you're having a crappy day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I've got my third cold in 3 months. :(

Also TA: those fcukers that only use the middle lane on the M50. I can understand that if it's busy cos it can be hard to change lanes, but there was no traffic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Ah here lying in bed stone cold sober at 22:20 on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

TA that my neighbours partied till 5am this morning keeping us & our two children awake. Day from hell with tired crying children & tired crying me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I no longer need to read threads, I have gotten to the point where I read who created the thread and can guess what its about, who will turn up and exactly what they will say. I'm amazed how people can fit an agenda into anything.

Another annoyance is these powers don't extend to the lotto.

When you change your profile pic and some stalking creptile you never talk to likes the new one. "Excuse me, are you lost?" Bleh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

People who make judgemental comments without knowing the whole story or the truth. Get lost!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Every fúcking thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

TA that I am tired but up at 7am on a sunday morning watching 'paw patrol' on nick junior.

Will get some man time at a Classic car show later though- yay me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

This stupid cold! I haven't had a cold in YEARS!!! It's making me miserable.

Samsgirl wrote: »
    TA that my neighbours partied till 5am this morning keeping us & our two children awake. Day from hell with tired crying children & tired crying me.

Are you me? I'd love to take a shovel to the fcuker next door. 4 fcuking weekends in a row now.:mad:

We used to be those neighbours :(

When we were in second year in college, the only reason we chose the house we rented was that the lady next door was deaf. That was the biggest pro, even worth having to walk that bit further to college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Samsgirl wrote: »

I hope you made sure the children made plenty of noise beside the wall nearest to your noisy neighbours when they were (no doubt) lying in, the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Ha ha, I I just got up. ButnI do have a bit of a hangover.

Are you still tanked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭dublinjen

Cyclists, in particular the ones who cycle side by side making it so dangerous to overtake them.

I should be embarrassed to admit this but this morning I rolled my window down and hollared at two such cyclists (who were cycling on the road despite a designated cycle path on the opposite side "the cheek of you, use the cycle lane" my poor mother was terrified.

They give me such rage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I let the bathroom sink overflow!! Grr there is bleachy water everywhere (please don't let it leak through the ceiling!!!!)

My hands stink of bleach too. I am a disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

I went to the checkout with my basket and the oul dear in front of me said "Would you like to go ahead of me" I said no thanks. Then another woman joined the queue and she asked her the same thing and this woman said yes and went in front. I was annoyed but decided not to say anything, but then another woman joined the queue and she did the same. I went to another checkout because I had visions of being stuck there all day. The old lady was trying to be nice but jesus I felt like killing her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Skangers in A&E.

I was there a few nights ago with my mother and there was this girl who had "collapsed" on the floor in the waiting room.
    I told the receptionist and she said "It's alright, we know. She's been doing this all evening."

The traige nurse then came out and insisted she stand up. The girl was drunk and was screaming she wanted to be seen to.
    She was seen to in triage, and left the room looking pretty sober to me, so the collapse was obviously a ploy to get seen to quicker.

Then you've the usual people moaning about waiting ages and "how long will I be waiting?/They went in before me!".

Oh sorry that that woman with the heart attack got seen to before you. How inconvenient for you.

Pushy people. I'm with O2. They've got riding people down to such an art, I bet they have lab rats to practice on first. So, I found that I can get much better deal with 3. Rang them up, they sound super good. 20 euro a month for a rake of minutes/texts and unlimited data. Now, bear in mind I only called up to get idea of plans. Next thing he's asking me for my direct debit details. I explain I don't have it to hand, and I'll call back. Do you think that was good enough?? No. Telling me that he'd wait on the phone until I went and found the details, then he suggested I log onto online banking from another device to get the info needed. I said I couldn't get it right that minute, and he said he'd call me back after 5. Then he said he'd call back in 30 minutes as that would give me time to get the details.

What the actual ****? Where's the Fire? Why so pushy?
    When he finally did call back I was in the middle of watching a video, so ended the call and he rang back straight away. So annoying. Seriously put me off leaving O2 as well.

Then checking my email, was browsing on asos earlier, added stuff to my shopping bag to get on payday, then asos sent me a promotion email "don't forget about me" and a clip of something from my bag.

Calm down with the pressure everybody

When I do something wrong and can't blame anyone else.

E.g. have to spend time going to pick up my phone because I left it somewhere last night. I'm angry but have no one to blame!!!!!

Then checking my email, was browsing on asos earlier, added stuff to my shopping bag to get on payday, then asos sent me a promotion email "don't forget about me" and a clip of something from my bag.

Calm down with the pressure everybody

I hate that.
    "Did you forget something in your basket?"
    Eh, are you giving it away for free??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

dublinjen wrote: »
    When I do something wrong and can't blame anyone else.

E.g. have to spend time going to pick up my phone because I left it somewhere last night. I'm angry but have no one to blame!!!!!

the Jen is short for Jennifer right ??

fussyonion wrote: »
    Skangers in A&E.

I was there a few nights ago with my mother and there was this girl who had "collapsed" on the floor in the waiting room.
    I told the receptionist and she said "It's alright, we know. She's been doing this all evening."

The traige nurse then came out and insisted she stand up. The girl was drunk and was screaming she wanted to be seen to.
    She was seen to in triage, and left the room looking pretty sober to me, so the collapse was obviously a ploy to get seen to quicker.

Then you've the usual people moaning about waiting ages and "how long will I be waiting?/They went in before me!".

Oh sorry that that woman with the heart attack got seen to before you. How inconvenient for you.

I was rear ended on the bike on Thursday evening on my home from work (I wasn't at fault, the other fúcking cúnt was) but I actually nearly went into even more shock by how quickly I was seen in Waterford Regional and in an actual designated treatment cubicle. I arrived at around 6:30pm and was walking (thankfully) out of the hospital at 9:30pm. :eek::eek:
    Nothing broken but my back is absolutely and utterly fúcked in the worst way possible.

The last time someone hit me on the bike (again, the other fúcker's fault), 3 years ago, I had broken bones, arrived in at around 6pm and was left lying on a trolley in a corridor until nearly 10pm before I was even brought to x-ray and then I was left lying around again until 3am when I was brought up to an all male ward and they were all burping and farting and walking around with their willies hanging out of their robes.

• Advertisement

the Jen is short for Jennifer right ??

yea maybe, why?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Todays TA; thanks/like whores. People who constantly put up selfies of themselves and then revel on the likes and comments. The same goes for grief/death like fishing. Its madness that people need to share every lIttle detail of their lives for the sake of a few facebook likes

Awake on and off since 4 this morning. I dreamt the IRA were after me and my youngest, trying to shoot us. It was actually John Boy out of Love/Hate. Terrified I was!!
    Up after 7 then, put on cartoons for little one, and my head kept nodding. So every time it did, she was hungry / needed the toilet/ wanted me to change channel/ freaking out when ads came on.
    I saw a cushion in Tesco that actually said "You is proper fit " on it. The rage! Do people really buy this kind of crap??
    Scarily friendly over talkative girl on the checkout. F*ck off I'm tired :(
    I drove home in thick fog this evening, and at least 3 dipsticks with not a single light on. Oh sweet suffering Jesus!

I dreamt I was in school doing my leaving cert and that jimgoose and eisy were in my class. Then when I went to some boys house, for a house party, there was a swimming pool out the back that was filthy, and jimgoose was dismembered in it, turned black and all. Very strange.

Zemuppet wrote: »
    Todays TA; thanks/like whores. People who constantly put up selfies of themselves and then revel on the likes and comments. The same goes for grief/death like fishing. Its madness that people need to share every lIttle detail of their lives for the sake of a few facebook likes

It's hillarious reading the comments under selfies. All the 'gorgeous hun' ****e and all I can think is 'are these people looking at the same photo as me? I don't think so.:D This is especially true of single middle-aged women.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement