Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭dublinjen

I dreamt I was in school doing my leaving cert and that jimgoose and eisy were in my class. Then when I went to some boys house, for a house party, there was a swimming pool out the back that was filthy, and jimgoose was dismembered in it, turned black and all. Very strange.

No disrespect to you because that was an insightful view into your subconscious.

BUT WHEN PEOPLE TELL YOU THEIR DREAMS.

Makes me feel like my soul is eating itself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

It's hillarious reading the comments under selfies. All the 'gorgeous hun' ****e and all I can think is 'are these people looking at the same photo as me? I don't think so.:D

I changed my profile pic last night (don't change it much) pretty much all my comments were about my eyebrows. :/
    None of this "gorgeous hun" business for me. That's pretty TA!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

I changed my profile pic last night (don't change it much) pretty much all my comments were about my eyebrows. :/
    None of this "gorgeous hun" business for me. That's pretty TA!

People who know they're decent looking and constantly changing their profile picture looking for 'gorgeous hun xx' and such comments and likes. I didn't know people could find nurishment from facebook comments and likes. Soon there will be Oxfam type ads for people starving for likes and comments.

Played to the tune of Everybody Hurts

'Just one like a day can feed a person's ego for an hour. A comment can sustain them for an hour. Please donate your likes and comments to help end this tragedy. Without your help these people will starve and with their egos deflated. Please help, thank you.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I was rear ended on the bike on Thursday evening on my home from work (I wasn't at fault, the other fúcking cúnt was) but I actually nearly went into even more shock by how quickly I was seen in Waterford Regional and in an actual designated treatment cubicle. I arrived at around 6:30pm and was walking (thankfully) out of the hospital at 9:30pm. :eek::eek:
    Nothing broken but my back is absolutely and utterly fúcked in the worst way possible.

Sorry to hear this, an awful shock to get, hope your back can be sorted :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

I haven't seen lexie's eyebrows.

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    I haven't seen lexie's eyebrows.

You're missing out. They have their own fan club :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Feck, a girl in the pub was being friendly in the smoking area and I didn't pay attention as I thought she was a Bruree house merchant. She told me she was waiting on a friend. An hour later she's chatting up some other bloke and the friend arrives. I coulda scored! gfdi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

dublinjen wrote: »
    No disrespect to you because that was an insightful view into your subconscious.

BUT WHEN PEOPLE TELL YOU THEIR DREAMS.

Makes me feel like my soul is eating itself

If I could thank you 100 times, I would.
    I HATE people telling me about their dreams. I have zero interest in what happened in your IMAGINATION WHILE YOU SLEPT.
    Bore off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭dublinjen

fussyonion wrote: »
    If I could thank you 100 times, I would.
    I HATE people telling me about their dreams. I have zero interest in what happened in your IMAGINATION WHILE YOU SLEPT.
    Bore off.

9/10 times I respond to a dream story in two really childish ways.

1. Tell them a long story in minute detail about my "dream" which entails a regular day where nothing of note happens.

2. Tell them that last night I dreamt I lit their house on fire after they told me a dream story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Sensitive teeth

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Sorry to hear this, an awful shock to get, hope your back can be sorted :(.

Ah thanks.
    Unfortunately getting rear ended on a bike is pretty clear cut, it's basically guaranteeing you a fúcked back for life.
    It happened on Thursday and I still can't walk properly. I was bad enough walking on my leg that was broken in the previous crash, still a lot of problems with that, so basically now I just need to be put down :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

TA'd that Graham Norton never seems to leave enough time for the "stories from the red chair" . It's my favourite part but the time is usually hogged by crap music performances and pointless interviews afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

You poor thing 26sdrawkcab. Hope you feel better very soon

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    TA'd that Graham Norton never seems to leave enough time for the "stories from the red chair" . It's my favourite part but the time is usually hogged by crap music performances and pointless interviews afterwards.

I'd love it if they got rid of the music performances altogether and just stuck to chatting to guests and the red chair.
    The red chair is hilarious :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Me too...and when some fool of a guest pulls the thingy in the middle of a good story...:mad::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Sunday nights......why cant you just f**k off?????

People who defend the actions of parents smacking kids. I don't particularly like kids, and I absolutely detest naughty kids, but hate the thoughts of a grown adult striking a small child. There's so many more effective ways to teach kids right from wrong. It bugs me how many people seem to think its ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I'd love it if they got rid of the music performances altogether and just stuck to chatting to guests and the red chair.
    The red chair is hilarious :pac:

They should do a red chair special at least once a month :D .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

People who defend the actions of parents smacking kids. I don't particularly like kids, and I absolutely detest naughty kids, but hate the thoughts of a grown adult striking a small child. There's so many more effective ways to teach kids right from wrong. It bugs me how many people seem to think its ok.

Always easy to look on judgmental from the outside.

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    Always easy to look on judgmental from the outside.

Meh I've seen the damage it can do

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

I must be going through a mid life crisis because I dyed my hair recently????? Oh F**k off!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭corkchick88

loud eaters.... grrrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Footpath wan*ers.

Basically people who park their cars on the footpaths, causing pedestrians onto the road to get by. There is no major problem for me due to these idiots but for someone with a disability or even just someone wheeling a pram, I'd imagine it could be very frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,215 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

sibby wrote: »
    I must be going through a mid life crisis because I dyed my hair recently????? Oh F**k off!

This, and the whole "male menopause" nonsense. The first paragraph and all says -

Andropause also known as male menopause, it is the result of a gradual drop in testosterone which is an androgen. The condition "andropause" is currently not recognized by the World Health Organization. When andropause occurs, it is considered to be a deficiency state in which the hormone testosterone goes below the normal range for an aging male.

Fcuking armchair psychologists and amateur psychiatrists that haven't a bulls notion what they're talking about! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Agreed. If anyone wants to know what it's like to have the sh1t beaten out of you by someone three times your weight and five times more intelligent, I'm available for weddings and Bar-Mitzvahs. :)

• Advertisement

I dreamt I was in school doing my leaving cert and that jimgoose and eisy were in my class. Then when I went to some boys house, for a house party, there was a swimming pool out the back that was filthy, and jimgoose was dismembered in it, turned black and all. Very strange.

How do you know it was me? Was I climbing out of it while making the "servomotor" sound? I'll be back! ;)

jimgoose wrote: »
    How do you know it was me? Was I climbing out of it while making the "servomotor" sound? I'll be back! ;)

Because your name was jimgoose and your wife was ok about the situation because she got your fancy car. Eisy was the only one that was sad. :/ I was sad too but I pretended I didn't know you because I didn't want people to know I was on boards!

Because your name was jimgoose and your wife was ok about the situation because she got your fancy car. Eisy was the only one that was sad. :/ I was sad too but I pretended I didn't know you because I didn't want people to know I was on boards!

You so fcukan kerrr-azy! :)

TA I don't feel myself. My ear hurts really bad and my eyes look like I did 10 rounds with Tyson. TA I always get sick when I'm too busy. TA more money for Dr. TA at being a hypocondriac.

http://tinypic.com/r/2qjj1a0/8

TA I don't feel myself...

You don't look so well, kid. You might be run-down. Eat and rest better, and consult your GP. You might need a tonic or vitamin supplements, or such.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

When a thread is throttling away and then you post........and it DIES!

Fcuking armchair psychologists and amateur psychiatrists that haven't a bulls notion what they're talking about! :rolleyes:

This. Nowadays there's a Syndrome or a Condition or a Trauma to excuse every sort of laziness/failing/thickness. I might write a book about it, and make millions. I shall call it "Empathy - While You're Doing That, I'll Be Over Here Going Through Your Stuff!" :)

Underwear that give you wedgies :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Air con goes too hot.
    Air con goes too cold.
    Air con goes too hot.
    Air con goes too cold.

Repeat ad finem..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Being late to work, especially when it isn't your fault!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Dogs and their owners

TA at this thread. I'm a respectable (yeah right) married woman and instead of typing Bobby I typed booby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

MsBubbles wrote: »
    TA at this thread. I'm a respectable (yeah right) married woman and instead of typing Bobby I typed booby

You've got 'TTTAY' on your mind! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Forgot my phone AND mp3 player AGAIN. :mad:

I have access to youtube which I can have on in the background, but the headphones I keep at work are shyte, with only one earpiece working.

It's going to be a long day. :mad:
    I was right... and today had to be the day all the loud people were in and my colleague decided to eat yoghurt at the desk... much hollow pot scraping.... ARGH!

Misophonia is a terrible, terrible condition.

The stupid luas being like the Bangladeshi express, people bet onto it. It would be worth getting up earlier to walk instead of having to take it :mad:

• Advertisement

whiskeyman wrote: »
    You've got 'TTTAY' on your mind! :D

When I see this I always think of TITTIES!!! which is a word I never use.

Me too 26sDC

Kanye West.
    There are no words.

What's young West done now ? Everyone in the parish says he's still not over the loss of the Mammy.

MsBubbles wrote: »
    What's young West done now ? Everyone in the parish says he's still not over the loss of the Mammy.

Beck won album of the year at the Grammys and Knacker West attempted to go up on stage but then thought better of it (similar to what he did to Taylor Swift a few years ago). Prince presented him with the award which in itself is pretty awesome and then Knacker West walked up on stage and then walked off again. You could see Beck was pretty embarrassed.

Great to see fellow artists like Beyonce, Jay Z, John Legend (none of whom I like but they are singers) laughing at this :rolleyes: You would expect there to be some mutual respect between artists.

I mean, you can't think too badly of Kim Kardashian for laughing, she wouldn't know talent if it smacked her on that big injected arse of hers that she's so fond of showing to the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

73Cat wrote: »
    I saw a cushion in Tesco that actually said "You is proper fit " on it.

:pac:
    FFS.

When you have money and you go shopping and can't find ANYTHING, and when you're hanging for pay day then you have a quick race around the shops and find so many things to buy :(

Also, matching underwear. When you can get the knickers/suspenders in your size but not the matching bra. Major hate

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I done a sponsored cycleathon thing yesterday.
    My fooking arse is in bits today. There are other little muscles in my legs that are in agony as they were awoken yesterday as well.
    I'm walking like I came into work on a horse.

Fair play to you boom. will someone who cares about young West admit him to a psych hospital for the treatment he so desperately needs ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Irish sports interviewees starting all their sentences with "Look..." It's very prevalent in NZ & Aussie use of the English language to start their sentences with "look...", but it's creeping in here and it is a trivial thing that annoys me.

As does leaving presses/drawers open, or lids off things even on toothpaste that have the list stuck on, or lids just resting on jars so when you pick up the jar by the lid the jar smashes on the ground.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement