Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

BMW Motorrad Days 2015

• 08-12-2014 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

http://content.cemacdevelopment.co.uk/htmlemails/jdm_03122014/index.html

Has anyone ever done this trip before? Interested to hear opinions as I'm considering it.
    Thanks

BMW are delighted to invite you to join us for our very special 2015 Motorrad Days Tour

As you may know the tour is a sell out every year and so book now to avoid missing out!

The 2015 Tour

For 2015 the tour will remain at 9 days with all the familiar highlights:
    VIP Entrance to the Motorrad Days Party on Saturday night, including dinner and cold steins of lager
    Invitation only BMW Museum Tour in Munich
    Pre Party at BMW in Munich
    Great riding in the Black Forest, Ardennes and the chance to ride the Alps
    Traditional Bavarian Hospitality
    Be part of the biggest trip of the year with up to 100 riders
    Exclusive ride outs to the Timmelsjoch, Reschepass and Stelvio passes
    4−star hotels all the way
    The tour package also includes:
    Pre tour pack including tour information, route notes, maps, GPS routes in Garmin/BMW format
    All accommodation as listed in the itinerary in 4 star hotels
    All breakfasts
    Return Euro Tunnel crossing from Ashford to Calais
    Entrance to the VIP area of the Motorrad Days Party Tent
    Dinner and 3x Litre Steins of Lager on Saturday Night in the Motorrad Days Party Tent
    Tour of the BMW Museum in Munich on Friday Morning
    Entrance to the BMW Welte in Munich
    Refreshment / Snack vouchers for the BMW Pre Party in Munich (subject to final confirmation)
    Coach transfer to and from the BMW Pre Party in Munich
    A team of Motorrad Tours Tour Leaders throughout as well as Dealer Hosts and support staff
    Chance to join the exclusive World of BMW Ride Outs on Saturday
    Expert advice and support throughout
    The protection of booking with a fully bonded tour operator

Pricing for 2015 is as follows

Solo Rider in a Shared Room
    €1,595

Solo Rider in a Single Room
    €2,095

Rider and Pillion in a Shared Room
    €2,595

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭alfaromeo84

Never beenm but It might be worth having a chat with any of the lads in Joe Duffy's as they's surely know about it or have gone. You could also try Alan in Kearys Littleisland in Cork, he was out in Italy recently with BMW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

..do I have to go on a BeeEmm ...??

it's actually good value tbh.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

It's open to all manner of bike.
    Spoke with Paul in Duffys, he said it's good crack.
    Was just wondering if any here done a previous one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dfgood

I have done this trip twice and have signed up for 2015 as well. Its a great trip with lots of great motorcycling and a terrific atmosphere in Garmisch when you get there. You can go on any bike you like but the vast majority of the 30 odd thousand bikers there will be on BMW's. Plenty to do including test rides on just about every bike BMW make available all day every day. Garmisch is surrounded by some amazing roads and scenery and the Timmelsjoch pass is close by and the Stelvio pass is not too far either. Getting there on the official BMW gig is a two day event leaving from the Channel tunnel train in the morning and overnighting in Reims which is a lovely town famous for champagne. It means an extra day for the Paddies though on the outbound leg but not on the return - Reims to Dublin is a grand days ride. Hope that helps.

Thanks dfgood, I've signed up for 2015 with Joe Duffy's, really looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭irishrver

All booked for the trip, there is a few of us going from Cork. I was there a few years ago (not for motorrad days ) fantastic roads in the area so looking forward to the trip:)

Brilliant, really looking forward to this.
    Are you going out via Dublin or Cork?
    Mark

Not sure as yet, there is about 10 all together going some from the mid lands I think 1 is from Clare so we will see which port suits everybody as we are meeting up with the crowd from Scotland England and Wales at the tunnel.

The Irish must be meeting at the tunnel the night before and heading with the UK as one group the next day.
    Should be a bit of crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭rsmike

irishrver wrote: »
    All booked for the trip, there is a few of us going from Cork. I was there a few years ago (not for motorrad days ) fantastic roads in the area so looking forward to the trip:)

I'm a late booker for the trip this year, traveling from Cork and heading out of Rosslare on the 9:00am ferry. Looking forward to it, :), it'll be first time to Garmisch for me

• Advertisement

I received the trip plan from BMW it looks good.
    I pulled out of the trip as the bike was having an "issue" but all is good now and I'm back in.
    Looking forward to it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Have BMW riders got there own alternative to HOG? :pac: :p

Who are ye taking out travel insurance with?

markad1 wrote: »
    Who are ye taking out travel insurance with?

I went with travelinsurance.ie who offer a motorcycle travel policy with White Horse Insurance Ireland Ltd, €31.71 for the trip.

Showing as €42.28 when I select motorcycle on the standard

markad1 wrote: »
    Showing as €42.28 when I select motorcycle on the standard

OK, forgot to say I selected
    "Private Health Insurance
    Tick this box if all the insured are holders of Health Insurance with VHI / Quinn / Laya / VIVAS / Aviva Private Health Insurance with overseas inpatient medical cover up to €55,000."

If I did not select that it would be €42.28 also

Anyone done the rideouts from Garmisch. Stelvio Pass sounds like the one to do, though they are advising, its for the experienced biker only. I'm up for it, though just googled it and found this, http://jalopnik.com/the-worlds-greatest-road-actually-sucks-here-are-fo-944904488. I wonder if the 5 Passes ride may be as good or better?

Here is what the tour pack says:

1 Passo Stelvio This is a full, rewarding and challenging day covering 275 miles including the iconic Passo Stelvio. One for the hardy and experienced riders who want to tick the Stelvio off the list or go back and ride this incredible road once again. The ride leaves the hotel at 08:00 so you need to be up and away early! We have reversed this route from last year and so the Stelvio should feel very different! This ride is suitable for experienced and confident riders who want to spend the whole day in the saddle.

2 Five Passes A great Alpine route that has proved to be a real favourite over the last couple of years, covering 195 miles and five Alpine passes before returning to Garmsich. A shorter day than the Passo Stelvio it is still a full and rewarding days riding with stunning roads and scenery. This tour leaves the hotel at 09:00.

3 Hotel Enzian Lunch Tour Fancy a shorter ride of just 45 miles each way with a great lunch and traditional Bavarian Hospitality from the BMW Official Testride Hotel – Hotel Enzian. Then sign up for this ride to Landeck with lunch and two options for the return route to Garmsich. This ride leaves the Hotel at 11:00. The cost of lunch is circa €25 and will need to be paid locally.

I was looking at the 5 passes route in Google earth. Hope to be doing that one.

There's always an Irish pub :)

http://www.theirishpub.de/

BMW pack received today:)
    Maps and stickers

• Advertisement

Got mine also it is nearly time to go now, I also downloaded it to the gps so I will not have to read the maps �� the only thing to do now is book some place in Roslare for the night before

That's a good idea.
    I'm heading from Dublin, I'd have to leave at 04:45 to meet with bikes heading down.
    Hotel Rosslare is €45 B&B.
    Nice easy spin down on Sunday sounds better

That is my plan also, heading up from Cork Sunday evening.

rsmike wrote: »
    That is my plan also, heading up from Cork Sunday evening.

There's a few of us from Duffy's booked for the Sunday

Question for anyone who has been

Do they have any "special offers" on BMW clothing at the festival or are the prices the same as the dealers?
    I'm considering buying some gear and was wondering would I save a few bob buying there.

Mark.

Advertisement