Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which dog is for me ?

Options
  • 08-12-2014 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Me and my family are looking into rescuing a dog in the new year but the big question would be which dog is for me? we don't have a very big back garden its big enough but not huge we used to have a ****zue for many years. I like dogs that would suit inside & have a good bit of energy but not loads one that i can take out fishing as i am big into fishing not looking for a big dog i'm an animal lover always had a love for dogs would a mutt be the way to go or would anybody be able to recommend a breed for me ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Spaniel heaven

If your adopting i wouldn't focus on a breed per say but something like a Wire Fox Terrier/scotie terrier cross might suit and they would deal quite happily with a smaller yard if exercised regularly.

If its course or sea fishing then they will happily sit with you for hours, if it involves a lot of walking they can be a head wrecker every time you come across a rabbit or a squirrel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Oldschoolguy

Spaniel heaven It would be more for river fishing like the dodder in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

If you are going to rescue a dog - and what a great thing if you can - you should go to the rescues and just sit and look and meet the dogs that are there. Wanting a specific breed is all very well, but the dog that will be yours is out there, sitting waiting in a shelter, regardless of its breed, when you meet it and get to know it, you will know...

There was a dog in the shelter that I help with. He is so ugly and absolutely not the type that I normally 'go' for, but the day I saw him, I fell in love with him - he was such a dopey lump with no obviously personality (happily for him, another family beat me to it, hes a much loved dog now)

Take your time, spend time with the dog, take it for a walk, and let us know how it turns out

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭RachelDDD

Me and my family are looking into rescuing a dog in the new year but the big question would be which dog is for me? we don't have a very big back garden its big enough but not huge we used to have a ****zue for many years. I like dogs that would suit inside & have a good bit of energy but not loads one that i can take out fishing as i am big into fishing not looking for a big dog i'm an animal lover always had a love for dogs would a mutt be the way to go or would anybody be able to recommend a breed for me ?

If you are looking for to rescue a dog for your 'family', why are you posting about dating sites and where to hook up etc.? Obvious your 'family' are cool with this :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Sigh.
    This troll OP has closed their account.
    So I think I'll close this thread.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement