Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paper bill from Electric Ireland

Options
  • 08-12-2014 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've chosen electronic billing with Electric Ireland (both gas & electricity) a while ago and it's been fine until now I need a paper bill as a proof of address. I find it impossible to obtain a hard copy from them - when I ring the number provided on the bill I get to "speak" to computer lady and to order a paper bill isn't an option on the menu.
    I've printed out one of the bills from my account and now I'm wondering will it be ok for the social welfare office?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭sbEdge

I've logged into my account and printed bills to use as proof of address before without any problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I needed one for SUSI and emailed Electric Ireland, didnt even get a reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You just print one off! Where is the problem.? There is a talk to....electric Ireland forum here that is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Anytime I have had to get proof of Id for anything a printed off bill/bank statement worked.

You could ask in the talk to forum here. They are normally very helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Some suppliers will not accept a printed copy of the bill as proof of address. Vodafone being one. I was charged E2 for a paper copy of the bill.

Having said that - Welfare will usually accept printed copies of the utility bills. They won't take printed bank statements though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

thanks all.
    I've printed one out in color to make it look pretty and fingers crossed it will work. but I'm still slightly annoyed with them: switching from paper to el. billing is easy as.. but switching back to paper - impossible. Charging for the paper bills was never common before but now all of them seem to do it...

j@utis wrote: »
    thanks all.
    I've printed one out in color to make it look pretty and fingers crossed it will work. but I'm still slightly annoyed with them: switching from paper to el. billing is easy as.. but switching back to paper - impossible. Charging for the paper bills was never common before but now all of them seem to do it...
    It's not so much being charged for paper bills as you have a discount for paperless billing. No point giving a discount and then just printing as hoc bills as required for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It's not so much being charged for paper bills as you have a discount for paperless billing. No point giving a discount and then just printing as hoc bills as required for free.

Rather ridiculously, I'm still getting paper bills two years after changing to the discount for paperless...

L1011 wrote: »
    Rather ridiculously, I'm still getting paper bills two years after changing to the discount for paperless...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You just print one off! Where is the problem.? There is a talk to....electric Ireland forum here that is very good.
    Miaireland wrote: »
    Anytime I have had to get proof of Id for anything a printed off bill/bank statement worked.

Please use Report Post to alert a moderator to move the thread. Do not tell the OP to go post in another forum as we can end up with duplicate threads (as happened in this exact situation).

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

I needed one for SUSI and emailed Electric Ireland, didnt even get a reply.
    Hi ben.schlomo,

Sorry to read it. Our Customer Service email team should receive/respond to all emails, they just require a window of a few working days.
    If you sent the email recently, what email address did you send it to? Did you check spam?
    If you would like us in this department to assist you, do private message us your Electric Ireland account number and your name and address in full, as well as the telephone number we would have on file for you.

Regards,
    Una

L1011 wrote: »

Hi L1011,

If you like, private message us your Electric Ireland account number and your name and address in full, as well as the email address we have on file for you. We can then check to see what the situation is with your online billing registration.

Regards,
    Una

j@utis wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've chosen electronic billing with Electric Ireland (both gas & electricity) a while ago and it's been fine until now I need a paper bill as a proof of address. I find it impossible to obtain a hard copy from them - when I ring the number provided on the bill I get to "speak" to computer lady and to order a paper bill isn't an option on the menu.
    I've printed out one of the bills from my account and now I'm wondering will it be ok for the social welfare office?
    Hi j@utis,

Just for future reference: if you are unsure which category to which your query belongs, it is no problem to select a general category or one that is closest to it. Not all query types can be listed, so the options given are just general/broad ones.
    If you wait until the options are listed in full also, and then select 0, you will be put through to the next available customer service agent.
    We can assist here on Boards also, with any query other than bank details (for security reasons) - we are online until 6pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays).

If a customer wishes to change permanently from online billing to paper billing, they just need to contact our Online Billing team at the email address which is provided on their online billing account, requesting that their online billing account be de-activated.

We have responded to your private message here also.

Kind regards,
    Una

Miaireland wrote: »
    Thanks for the kind words Miaireland - we aim to please! :)

Just to advise also, folks: we do not charge for a bill reprint to be issued.

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement