Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Tri Duathlon Series 2015?

Options
  • 08-12-2014 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭

Is the Naas Tri Duathlon Series (Punchestown) planned for 2015? I can't find anything about it on-line this year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mick085

no mention of it anywhere yet anyway... disappointing if its not going ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 sporteamon3

mick085 wrote: »
    no mention of it anywhere yet anyway... disappointing if its not going ahead.
    I'd be surprised if it's not on in Jan, Feb and March as usual. The problem is TI have yet to release the race calendar for 2015 with all dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭shansey

I'd be surprised if it's not on in Jan, Feb and March as usual. The problem is TI have yet to release the race calendar for 2015 with all dates.

I see if you try to get into race calendar on their website it comes up as a weird "test screen".. must be working on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Ice ice baby. Too cold......

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

Jan 18, feb22,mar22 dates for these races, reg is now open. Rem February and March races are NDS races.

• Advertisement

Two weeks from Sunday for the first of the series!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭daviddenis

Can anyone enter these races or do you have to be a member of a tri club?

daviddenis wrote: »

No you do not

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

tunney wrote: »
    Ice ice baby. Too cold......

I think only one race in the last 4-5 years ended up being a 10km?

I'd love to go back and run one of these again, always marked the start of race season.

mloc123 wrote: »
    I think only one race in the last 4-5 years ended up being a 10km?

I'd love to go back and run one of these again, always marked the start of race season.

More than that but only ever the january ones. Liked them too. Bar the ridiculous drafting from the "elite bikers"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

Anyone know if Naas Tri do an open evening ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

daviddenis wrote: »

No you don't need to be a member of a club but if I recall correctly you will need a TI card or a one day licence. Neither are sold on the day.

Should be a nice warm day for it tomorrow !

Should be a nice warm day for it tomorrow !

Boring like a 10km to get the blood going

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

Great race today minus the cold! Anyone know why they guy in second was dqf?

Suffered today, hopefully just one of those days. Seemed the wind was blowing every way on the bike route!

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

Great race today minus the cold! Anyone know why they guy in second was dqf?

He was of this gathering so hopefully we will find out in due course.

Podge83 wrote: »
    He was of this gathering so hopefully we will find out in due course.

who was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

who was it?

PK.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

BTH wrote: »
    PK.

He won't be to pleased. Wonder what it was? I didn't see much in the way of marshalling although I was a fair way from the pointy end.

Provisional results here. Two DQ'd PK and someone from bottom half.

http://naastriclub.com/the-butchers-block-duathlon-race-1-sun-18th-jan-results/

• Advertisement

PK.

Jaysus, he hasn't had a great start to the year!!

It could have very well be a case of mistaken identity. Or something mostly innocent like crossing the white line on the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

It could have very well be a case of mistaken identity. Or something mostly innocent like crossing the white line on the bike.

I was informed I had crossed a white line at a t junction. I have no recollection even comming close to a white line and wonder how the Marshall could have seen it from 80 m distance as this where I think the only ti officiall on the course out yesterdaywas standing.
    Anyway no big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

peter kern wrote: »
    I was informed I had crossed a white line at a t junction. I have no recollection even comming close to a white line and wonder how the Marshall could have seen it from 80 m distance as this where I think the only ti officiall on the course out yesterdaywas standing.
    Anyway no big deal.

That's disappointing. I was hoping for something much more juicy.

Unlucky PK but fair play to ya on a great time.

Having looked at the google map satelite view I find it even harder to be believe i crossed a continuous white line. would have been nice if ti could have clarifyed how they came to this judgment call, nobody other than somebody standing in the apex of that t junction could have made this call ( and as i said i beleive this call was made from an distance)
    anyway I guess its a not only a warm up race for athletes but also for referees.

btw is this better ;-)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekQ_Ja02gTY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

The Pb3 coaching stable continues to churn them out. with Graham & Niamh Stein taking the win. Fair play Peter.

Looking forward to tomorrows race. The Weather Forecast don't look great. With howling winds and rain forecast I must admit a bit of apprehension - Time to take it easy on the sharp at Eadestown and the roundabout at Blessington. Must soften the tyres a tad.

• Advertisement

Enjoy today's race and be careful not pretty out there at the moment. I,ll be back for the 3rd race!

Advertisement