Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reserving an area in a City Center pub for a party.

Options
  • 08-12-2014 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. Im trying to reserve an area in a pub on the 19th in town. Ive called McTurcaills and The Long Stone but they cant facilitate . Im not out in town that much so these are really the only two places I know. Does anyone know of any secret gems that would be good to call?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

The Mercantile may be able to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

+1 on the Mercantile. Not a hidden gem by any stretch of the imagination but they do reserved areas.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Bull and Castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

The Galway Bay Brewery bars all reserve tables for people again not much of a hidden jem but they good.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

jimmii wrote: »
    The Galway Bay Brewery bars all reserve tables for people again not much of a hidden jem but they good.

Bear in mind Galway Bay only serve craft beer (and non-diageo spirits). Great if you like it, but could piss some people off.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Just on the Mercantile, we had a work leaving party last week and they said ever table was booked up till the New Year when we tried booking a table.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Thos Reads on corner Dame Street / Parliament St might be less packed.....worth a shot..

• Registered Users Posts: 30,380 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Haven't been there for a while, but the Gingerman had a basement bar. Might be still bookable if you have a large group.

If you just want a table or two, you could try somewhere like Baggot Inn and book one of their "pour your own pint" tables.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

How many are you looking to reserve for?
    Also, what time from?
    Trying to reserve on the Friday before Christmas is going to be tough! Many places simply won't take a reservation I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Thanks very much guys. Some pretty cool leads to go off !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

you could try Sweetmans beside O Connell bridge - they have four floor so might have space

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

snowey07 wrote: »
    you could try Sweetmans beside O Connell bridge - they have four floor so might have space

Yeah I've reserved there a few times at Christmas...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

You're going to be up against it to get anywhere for the 19th at this stage. We booked ours in August and were lucky to get it!

Advertisement