Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monksland Retail Park

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Rips

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

There is a high number of vacant units that could be filled first. The large commercial units and offices across from Alkermes would be suitable for the proposed businesses. As for the visual amenities, the place could be tidied up a little and actual amenities could be put in place.

Itzy wrote: »
    There is a high number of vacant units that could be filled first. The large commercial units and offices across from Alkermes would be suitable for the proposed businesses. As for the visual amenities, the place could be tidied up a little and actual amenities could be put in place.
    Aldi seem to only like greenfield sites for some reason, they never appear to use existing premises. Why would they simply not open up in one of the existing units.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Aldi seem to only like greenfield sites for some reason, they never appear to use existing premises. Why would they simply not open up in one of the existing units.

That's my thoughts exactly. In Roscommon, they've used a pre-existing building. I don't see what the problem is here. As for offices, there's quite a few empty ones across from Alkermes. Why not open a dentists surgery there, as it would be beside a Medical Centre and Pharmacy, with ample parking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Itzy wrote: »
    That's my thoughts exactly. In Roscommon, they've used a pre-existing building. I don't see what the problem is here. As for offices, there's quite a few empty ones across from Alkermes. Why not open a dentists surgery there, as it would be beside a Medical Centre and Pharmacy, with ample parking.

I think that the town must have enough of same at present. Only thing i could see happening is some doc/dentist leaving town to go out to Monksland for cheaper costs a la the guys who moved towards Coosan. Which wouldn't be good either. The town itself is dying in terms of small retail business.

• Advertisement
Advertisement