Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday Night Raw 8-12-14 (The Slammy's)

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Even Cena would have been better than Reigns for Superstar of the Year

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Even Cena would have been better than Reigns for Superstar of the Year

Seth Rollins should've gotten Superstar Of The Year

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Kayfabe wise, Brock walked it.

But there are at least three ahead of Reigns.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

A lot of things disappointing about this Raw but oddly the two that stand out the most to me at this exact second are how they had Natty beat Charlotte so quickly (which especially when you consider the upcoming NXT PPV, the fact she beat Nattie before and that they supposidly have big plans for Charlotte seems just a little pointless) and how no big feuds / Angles were started here. There was no HBK challenging Taker for a rematch or CM Punk attacking HHH type moment which is what I think of when I think of the slammies recently.

Often the slammies are used to start such things so I kept watching in the hope there would be something big later but I guess the big thing they had was Roman Reigns returning to "Win" Superstar of the year. Even that coulda been done much better though. Why not have Seth come out and accept his award like he did with Randy Orton and Sting earlier in the night and talk about how he is the reason that Reigns wasn't there that to accept it only for The Shields music to hit and Reigns to come through the crowd and attack him. Might even get at least an initial pop for that from the fans that were instead groaning at the WWE telling us who we like.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Kayfabe wise, Brock walked it.

But there are at least three ahead of Reigns.

Yeah, Brock is the obvious answer. But apparently ending the Streak and utterly destroying John Cena is less impressive than having a strong Royal Rumble and defeating Evolution. :/

Anyway, really dull Raw. Not even bad, just lazy. The same ending as last week, a bunch of nothing. Utterly boring.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Charlotte told friends she was going to be in a tag match and she was going over Monday morning.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Good to Zigglers push continue, He wins the Twitter award, the sky is the limit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

rovert wrote: »
    Charlotte told friends she was going to be in a tag match and she was going over Monday morning.....

Given what HHH tweeted earlier I smell a Vince McMahon and/or Kevin Dunn "rib"

Disgraceful and self destructive. How does making Charlotte look like a joke help anyone?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Good to Zigglers push continue, He wins the Twitter award, the sky is the limit.

Just ignore the bit where he's once again Cena's ***** and that Cena/Sting are taking all the credit for getting rid of the Authority :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Exactly this. If they keep going down this route with Reigns, they will end up with another Rocky Miavia situation. And I don't think Roman has one half ounce of the talent or charisma his cousin has

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think anyone of the others nominated would be a more worthy winner than Reigns maybe bar Wyatt only:

Was hoping for Ambrose to win myself but yes Rollins would have been good too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i think if they go for reigns vs lesnar for the title its going to be crapped on by the fans like orton vs batista was and theyll have to add someone in again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

When did Booker T get a lisp?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I thought it was around the time that he won King Of The Ring. He had it doing commentary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

On the NXT conference call, Triple H was asked about the Charlotte loss. He said it was heavily debated and it was it was; he didn't sound too happy that Charlotte lost, presumably Vince overruled him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Reigns getting Superstar of the Year is complete bollocks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Nothing RAW

The end of the show seems to be the same every week since before Survivor Series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

Has anything came out to imply Reigns didn't win that award? Meltzer was saying the brought Bryan to the show and had him backstage throughout, which surely implies they were expecting him to win? Is it possible some kind of split vote situation led to Reigns winning?

Reigns hasn't really progressed at all in the last 10 months or so, the idea of him beating Brock for the title at Mania seems like an awful idea right now but the alternatives (assuming Brock is going and therefore has to lose) are pretty terrible too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Has anything came out to imply Reigns didn't win that award? Meltzer was saying the brought Bryan to the show and had him backstage throughout, which surely implies they were expecting him to win? Is it possible some kind of split vote situation led to Reigns winning?

Reigns hasn't really progressed at all in the last 10 months or so, the idea of him beating Brock for the title at Mania seems like an awful idea right now but the alternatives (assuming Brock is going and therefore has to lose) are pretty terrible too!

I'd say it's pretty impossible Reigns legit won that poll yeah.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

2014-12-10-belee-dat.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement