Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladys tights

Options
  • 08-12-2014 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Has anyone used woman's tights to steep some crystal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

I always use the tesco value skin colour knee highs to steep and also for the hops. Just make sure to boil them for a few minutes to remove the dye, you dont want that in your beer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

had to send one of the lads to Dunnes for tights before to make an ostensible steeping bag for grain extract alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

:pac:
    father-ted-lingerie-dept.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Handy for steeping and brew in a bag (BIAB) :P:D

71417ee0-8fff-407b-bc49-4e9f10e48ff0_zps8fe459e7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

you know... I really didn't want to click into this thread... but then did... and now wish I hadn't.... :D

next time someone talks about their beers nutty flavour guess what immage I'll have in my head.... urrggg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

TheDuke wrote: »

next time someone talks about their beers nutty flavour guess what immage I'll have in my head.... urrggg

You can also try dry nutting your.................................................................. beer works well for coconut :p

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

brucy wrote: »
    Has anyone used woman's tights to steep some crystal?

I used them in place of a muslin bag for berries before. Worked a charm tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Bought a net curtain from Penneys myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭HMD

I got a voile curtain for €4 in Pennys and made a bag for BIAB out of it.

Advertisement