Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Burglars trod excrement through mother's home

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

bjork wrote: »
    Apparently it's quite common for burglars to **** in houses they are robbing, nerves or adrenalin or something.

I haven't heard of a case yet where forensics led them back to the perpetrator by testing the stool samples.

Rudy Guede, the fella who sexually assaulted and murdered Meredith Kercher in Italy, was found via a combination of his fingerprints and a floater he left in her bathroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

So 57 out of 62 were not?

Go away

No sense of community in a lot of areas now im afraid. Don't want to sound like an old fella (okay I am) but no way this happens years ago as the men in the area wouldn't have it and would have handed out beatings to any scumbags stepping out of line. Most seem to hide behind their curtains now and ignore the problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

if you confront them and kicked the ever living sh!t out of them for entering your property they will have you in court.

Wasn't the law changed recently to allow a degree of self defense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Wasn't the law changed recently to allow a degree of self defense?

Yep, batter away as long as they are in your house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

bjork wrote: »
    Yep, batter away as long as they are in your house.

And rightly so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

This is not a random burglary,
    shes being harassed by a gang of teenagers .
    they broke into her car on the day she moved in to the house.
    They broke into the house she was renting on the day she moved in.
    broke into her car ,got her old adress .

ITS a common problem,
    a gang of teens pick on a woman,living with kids ,no man in the house .= easy target .
    This happens on every single council estate .
    This is going on a long time.
    I don,t know why she had all her xmas savings in the house.
    why not put it in the bank, or post office .
    This is going on since the day she moved in .
    she knows no one apart from her neighbours ,in the estate .

This is happens every year,
    people buy loads of xmas presents ,
    burglars rob them .
    She s probably seen as a snob or unfriendly cos she talks to no one in the estate.
    AFTER a few weeks she should have installed an alarm ,
    hi security locks etc
    THIS subject comes up on joe duffy show every year.
    SHE says even if the gardai catch them ,
    they are under 18 ,
    eg zero chance of going to jail .

IN some ways the most dangerous people are teens ,
    between 12 and 18 ,
    as they don,t care about the gardai,
    they might be arrested for a few hours and that,s about it .
    even if they are caught in the act .

She can get a transfer to another estate or just wait for it to get
    worse .
    This type of anti social behavior goes on every day .
    Mostly it doesnt get in the papers at all.
    AT lot of the time the tenant moves out and house is boarded up,
    left empty for 6 months.
    Either She turns the house in to a fortress ,
    or else gets a transfer out of there .
    some one rang up joe duffy and said ,
    i,ll fit a state of the art alarm system in your house ,
    motion sensor,panic button,etc
    Presumably free or at a low cost .

I think we don,t have enough gardai on duty ,
    looking for burglars is a low priority ,
    ah sure have you not got insurance ,
    They are more interested in going after drug dealers,
    or someone going 10 miles over the speed limit.

You could confront them,
    arrest em, and call the gardai,
    no need to beat them up.
    HER house is being watched,
    they waited til the house was empty.

100,s of gardai took early retirement,in teh last 3 years
    they don,t have the resources to investigate very burglary .
    UNLESS you have video of someone breaking into you gaff,
    you ,ll probably just get a letter for the insurance company and that,s about it .
    The gardai are probably doing their best with the resources they have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

I love a good bit of poetry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

It's all well and good using excrement for DNA testing but ultimately futile unless you have a DNA database against which the sample can be tested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

It's all well and good using excrement for DNA testing but ultimately futile unless you have a DNA database against which the sample can be tested.
    I pity the guy who works in the Gardaí Shit Collection department.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I'm not going to quote riclad's post but to be honest he's spot on in what he's saying.......this is exactly what goes on in certain areas and the thinking behind it, no man, snob wont associate with us....and bang on about the ages of 12-18 being dangerous..........cowards and bullies.

In our house growing up (it was a council area lol) if a cat s*** behind the sofa or in the house and the thinking was if you dipped their nose in it, cat would be deterred.....silly way of treating the poor old cat, but would love to find these guys and dip their noses in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

They're talking about it on fm104 at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Easy enough to say you'll fcuk up these animals if they break in and I'm not doubting people would but you and your family will be a sitting target when they return mobbed up. Nobody wants that at their door with kids in your home.

It's a pity more locals won't just band together. 20 to 30 locals willing to back each other up at first sign of trouble, few hospitalizations and problem solved.

Harsh to blame the police too much. They're stretched most of the time and a lot of the runts are underage and let run wild at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

anncoates wrote: »
    Easy enough to say you'll fcuk up these animals if they break in and I'm not doubting people would but you and your family will be a sitting target when they return mobbed up. Nobody wants that at their door with kids in your home.

It's a pity more locals won't just band together. 20 to 30 locals willing to back each other up at first sign of trouble, few hospitalizations and problem solved.

Harsh to blame the police too much. They're stretched most of the time and a lot of the runts are underage and let run wild at home.

I am usually first in about AGS but in these cases of burglary, robbery, intimidation etc I think the guards have completely given up even bothering to do a thing about it. The have ime thrown their hat at it as they know the vast majority of the little scrotes that are up to this caper in their area and the guards know that there is fup all they can do about.

Oh, they can arrest them for sure! But why bother? The guards know through experience that it will only end up as extra paperwork etc for them and then getting laughed at by these little fukcers when the judge lets them of with it.
    Again. For the umptenth time.
    How many times do we hear that "Jimmy" *names have been changed here but Jimmy was my neighbour at one point* and had 67 previous convictions by 21 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Me thinks he is just a troll of the highest order

You spelled tool wrong. Not to be a grammar nazi or anything.

• Advertisement

Smidge wrote: »
    I am usually first in about AGS but in these cases of burglary, robbery, intimidation etc I think the guards have completely given up even bothering to do a thing about it. The have ime thrown their hat at it as they know the vast majority of the little scrotes that are up to this caper in their area and the guards know that there is fup all they can do about.

Oh, they can arrest them for sure! But why bother? The guards know through experience that it will only end up as extra paperwork etc for them and then getting laughed at by these little fukcers when the judge lets them of with it.
    Again. For the umptenth time.
    How many times do we hear that "Jimmy" *names have been changed here but Jimmy was my neighbour at one point* and had 67 previous convictions by 21 :eek:

The corollary would hopefully be true. If a number of locals met up and a young denizen of the estate accidentally fell off a high wall headfirst, the guards might not - tragically - have the resources to look too deeply into it.

This is going on all over Dublin at the moment. 3 houses were done in an estate in Dublin 15 over the weekend. One old woman hurt and had to go to hospital :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

2 of them broke into my apartment a couple of months back in Dublin 15. My gf was coming out of the en suite as they were coming into our bedroom. All lights were out and they obviously didn't think anyone was at home. She held the door and shouted my name. Needless to say there was a very tense stand off. The little fella legged it but the big fella just stayed and stared me down before calmly walking out. That 10 seconds or so was pretty surreal and I wasn't sure whether to go for him before he attacked me.

Anyway turned out the big lad was only 3 weeks out of jail. No fear!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

2 of them broke into my apartment a couple of months back in Dublin 15. My gf was coming out of the en suite as they were coming into our bedroom. All lights were out and they obviously didn't think anyone was at home. She held the door and shouted my name. Needless to say there was a very tense stand off. The little fella legged it but the big fella just stayed and stared me down before calmly walking out. That 10 seconds or so was pretty surreal and I wasn't sure whether to go for him before he attacked me.

Anyway turned out the big lad was only 3 weeks out of jail. No fear!!

I wonder if we did a survey on here, how many of us would personally know someone who had been broken into recently?
    Would make for interesting reading for one thing and I'm sure would stick it to the "figures" released about these crimes being on the decrease ;)

As I said earlier, mam's road had 3 done last week, a friend of mine(different area of Dublin)was last week as well.
    The week before one across the road from mam and one behind the MIL's house and two on her road.
    The previous week again,on the opposite side of the city....friend was robbed(emptied the house, even taking the car) and then 2 of their neighbours were done in the same week.
    And this is without hearing from friends/family about the people they know who have been burgled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

My brother's place in Blanchardstown nearly got robbed a few weeks ago.
    To give a sum of events, he hears knocking on the sitting room window while he was in bed. So he gets up and checks whats going on. Then he hears someone at the front door trying to pry it. Lets out a big "WHOS THERE!!!" and he heard footsteps running off.

Stuff like that would almost make you put bars across your windows and front door. Extreme I know. But whats yours is yours and you wont be home 24 hours a day :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

anewme wrote: »

Seriously guys, she is a single mother taking the kids to Santa and to come home to that.???

Does anyone blame her for wanting to get out of there? Living in a place where you were afraid to leave your house for fear people from your own area are watching you to get what bits and pieces you have gathered.

You see this is where a good point is never brought up.

Who do you think is paying for her thieving scumbag neighbours? - you are.

It's us taxpayers keeping a roof over their head.

Thus I think we all have a lot of leverage if laws were brought in to say 3 strikes and your welfare is cut. House and all gone. And free legal aid gone.

That would sort it very quick. Parents would suddenly start being parents.

But I suppose the liberals (those that have never experienced a break in) will be on now telling us why we should not do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Huh? You define liberals as people who have never had a break-in? Are you freebasing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Huh? You define liberals as people who have never had a break-in? Are you freebasing?

He's differentiating between liberals, and liberals who've never been broken into.

As for taking away their dole etc., all that'll do is cause them to commit a lot more crimes. There's a section of society that will never conform to what you want from them, to these people the dole is partly a way of keeping them relatively quiet and stop them from breaking into or robbing places constantly for money or food.

Now they only need to do it for special occasions - you may not like it, but the dole is their hush money, and if the choice is between some scobe carrying out ten times the break-ins, or him getting 188 a week, which do you really prefer?

I suppose we could just jail them, but doesn't that cost 65,000 a year or something, and who's paying for that again?

You see this is where a good point is never brought up.

Who do you think is paying for her thieving scumbag neighbours? - you are.

It's us taxpayers keeping a roof over their head.

Thus I think we all have a lot of leverage if laws were brought in to say 3 strikes and your welfare is cut. House and all gone. And free legal aid gone.

That would sort it very quick. Parents would suddenly start being parents.

But I suppose the liberals (those that have never experienced a break in) will be on now telling us why we should not do that.

Would work well if the family lived in a council house or where on the dole but what if they own their house and the parents work?

For anyone on the dole or living in council accomadation I'd say we go down the dutch scumtown model route and give food/utility vouchers instead of cash for the dole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Riclad is spot on. She's been targeted by a bunch of scumbag kids. Some of them probably living right beside her. She doesn't know anyone from the area and she said when she moved in she kept her head down. Now they congregate outside her house everyday. Easy target, single woman with no man in the house and 3 kids. They probably love every minute they spend tormenting her.

And Joe is all there (I was off yesterday so heard the show), "would you not go and speak to the parents". She laughed her head off at that and said the windows would be put in if she did. And I am sure she's right. No doubt the parents aren't too upstanding either if they don't know or care that their feral offspring are off robbing and hassling some poor woman all day.

I felt very sorry for that woman to be honest. She sounded close to a breakdown. The council should know better than to have placed her in Fettercairn. It's one of those places where they glare at you for driving through it. Not too surprising then that they would have closed ranks on the outsider. I don't know how much use a new alarm will be but hopefully it might mean she can sleep on a bed again and not on the couch downstairs as she has for the last 2 years. Afraid of the neighbours, doncha know.

And Joe is all there (I was off yesterday so heard the show), "would you not go and speak to the parents". .

A friend of a friend (woman living alone in the house after her mother died) was basically driven out of a house (West Tallaght as well, just beside the place in this case) by local kids. Knocking and kicking the front door at all hours, ringing the house phone in the middle of the night, smashing the windows for months on end. Most not even over 16.

At one stage, she approached one of their mothers - who was watching them slagging her as she walked down the street - to complain and was told that she didn't see anything.

Sad to say it but nothing will stop them as everybody has given up on those kids: parents, school, Garda.

All they'll understand is getting bashed or worse by somebody they're afraid of.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Scumbags....they should be locked up and the key thrown away.

I have to ask though is it really necessary to Garda bash each and every time a thread like this comes up? It's not their fault this woman was targeted, it's not their her home was defiled in this way.

The Gardai are far from useless and we all know it, it's just easier to blame them than real culprits; the constraints of the justice system and the archaic laws within which they have to work. The truth is even if the little thugs responsible were caught they would end up with just a slap on the wrist and they and their 20 previous convictions would walk out of court laughing.

It must be so demoralizing and frustrating to be a Gardai; you have to deal with the dregs of society daily, you get nothing but abuse from the people even when you do try to your job, see people on some of the worst days of their lives and you have work with laws and justice system that throw all your hard work back at you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

Wait now. All tenents sign a tenancy agreement. Anti social behaviour is definitely in breach of this. Why is this not enforced. Why spend millions more on social housing when it is clearly not being managed. Enforce the tenancy agreements.

Chinasea wrote: »
    Wait now. All tenents sign a tenancy agreement. Anti social behaviour is definitely in breach of this. Why is this not enforced. Why spend millions more on social housing when it is clearly not being managed. Enforce the tenancy agreements.

I have heard of one family near my parents (with a very well known criminal son) that were supposedly evicted but presumably they'll have to be rehoused elsewhere.

Is it even legal for the local authority to refuse people that technically qualify for social housing or subsidized private accommodation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I think the council have a clause in the rental agreement ,re drug dealing
    etc if you do this you can be removed from the housing list and evicted .
    This happens in most council estates ,
    a gang of teens ,harrass a weak person,
    usually a single mother or older person with no man living in the house.
    I don,t know if the gardai can do much against a gang of 12- 16 year olds ,apart from complain to the parents .
    IN the eyes of the law they are children.
    IF she gets an alarm system ,and a video camera ,
    records any antisocial behavior .
    she could go to the council and get a transfer .
    How CAN you live a normal life sleeping on a sofa every night ,in case someone try,s to break in .
    Hopefully she, ll get a transfer and a family will move in with a man ,
    and this will be all over .
    IF she,s foolish enough to stay there this will simply get worse.

The council can simply remove you permanently from the housing list for certain illegal acts ,
    ,no one is gauranteed housing from the council if you break the law.

IN A CASE like this the house may be sealed by the council when she leaves ,
    if theres any repairs needed to the doors ,windows etc

SAY theres 3 teen kids doing this ,
    3 kids from 3 different familys,
    the council need evidence to act on it,
    and they,ll be reluctant to evict 3 familys over 1 case of antiscocial behavior .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

And Joe is all there (I was off yesterday so heard the show), "would you not go and speak to the parents".
    Unfortunately there are parents of such little gimps who know full fecking well they're up to no good. :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

DeadHand wrote: »
    Unfortunetely, in my experience, the Gardai just aren't interested in doing anything about this type of crime.

You could say any sort of crime. Any sort of crime bar ones they've been told to clamp down on by their superiors. Although policing effectively in an area like West tallaght where having a job is seen as making a person an authority figure to be reviled by the resident scumbags is easier said than done. There are a lot of little fish allowed to run amok in that area for various reasons none of them justifiable especially to those who have to endure the abuse they receive, one woman in that vicinity had her house burned down by a bunch of young lads a couple of years ago for reporting their earlier vandalism to the garden. Anyone who's never spent any time in that area wouldn't understand just how bad it is. That woman is right to want to leave, but then there's an argument to be made for putting a huge fence around much of those areas and to leave all the scumbags to their own devises.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

riclad wrote: »
    I think the council have a clause in the rental agreement ,re drug dealing
    etc if you do this you can be removed from the housing list and .

The tenancy agreements are not enforced. Take a look around you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Are the tenancy agreements enforced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Hello?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Is it me you're looking for?

Advertisement