Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dimebag Darrell 10th Anniversary

Options
  • 08-12-2014 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭

Didn't see another thread on this so I decided to make one. Ten years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was shot on stage and killed. Most people will remember him for his work in Pantera up until it disbanded. At the time of his death he was performing with his new band Damageplan.

RIP Dimebag(1966 -2004)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Remember hearing the news from my cousin the day afterwards in school, sucked because I had only discovered Pantera the year before,

Blaring Vulgar Display of Power right now.

RIP Dime \m/

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Everybody will remember where they were when they heard Dimebag Darrell had been shot dead. I remember even to this day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Don Kedick

2 crazy men struck on the same date killing Dimebag and John Lennon.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭themountainman

Awesome guitar player. Love his reworking of the solo in Sabbath's Planet Caravan.

Phil Anselmo wrote a tribute piece about Dimebag Darrell for Rolling Stone.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/phil-anselmo-remembers-dimebag-darrell-i-think-of-him-every-day-20141208

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I visited his grave back in October, we were passing Fort Worth... somewhat strange experience.

Dimebag Darrell isolated track from Pantera’s 1992 hit Walk

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Was sitting in a lab in college when I read the news, it had just broken and I was knocked for six reading what happened.

Those 10 years just flew.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Was sitting in a lab in college when I read the news, it had just broken and I was knocked for six reading what happened.

Those 10 years just flew.

Same as myself. Where the hell has a decade gone.

Advertisement