Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Competition Message
    Borussia Dortmund slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against Paris Saint-Germain in their Division 1 fixture.
    ćaleta-car was on the scoresheet for his side.

Had too play my reserve team as all my first team wrecked from the cup match,we lost that too! Going too be a long hard season!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Competition Message
    Borussia Dortmund slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against Paris Saint-Germain in their Division 1 fixture.
    ćaleta-car was on the scoresheet for his side.

Had too play my reserve team as all my first team wrecked from the cup match,we lost that too! Going too be a long hard season!!

race ya to D2 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thisyear

How did marseille take the loss of their manager.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

thisyear wrote: »
    How did marseille take the loss of their manager.....

Only went and lost 6 1, that night on the beer celebrating proved costly! Your new team to be almost outdid them but only went down 5 1.

Malaga's worst performance in last 4 games but conversely our first win in 4, hoping for a brutal performance Sunday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Loss to Lazio, can't seem to get much of a run of form going

FC Twente slumped to a 3 - 1 defeat to SS Lazio in their Division 2 fixture.
    Sigurdsson was on the scoresheet for his side.

Unlucky mate, keep with it....

This game, especially the results can be frustrating to say the least :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

5-0 home win, delighted with that. 5 on the bounce and about 5 wins from safety :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

5-0 home win, delighted with that. 5 on the bounce and about 5 wins from safety :D

Only went and lost 6 1, that night on the beer celebrating proved costly! Your new team to be almost outdid them but only went down 5 1.

Malaga's worst performance in last 4 games but conversely our first win in 4, hoping for a brutal performance Sunday night!

Yeah I shouldn't have took them all out the night before, they were drowning their sorrows at my loss. As for My proposed new team I hope their celebration last night is not a sign of the culture I'm about to inherit!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Real Madrid beat Manchester City 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Di María scored the winner for Real Madrid and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Di maria also suffered a broken jaw in the match although it wasnt in the highlights so I reckon gerp clocked him in a fit of rage in the tunnel:D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Unlucky mate, keep with it....

This game, especially the results can be frustrating to say the least :(

Cheers, think my aim for the season will be avoiding relegation!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Estudiantes de LP outclassed Portsmouth and beat them 4 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Roux scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Ntep and Hoilett were also amongst the goalscorers.

wpid-JuniorHoilett1809480c.jpg

Junior Hoilett scored a brace. Now that takes me back. Amazingly, he's only a fringe player at the moment. I had to rest a few players due to forgetting to change my team for the cup match. Thankfully, it didn't matter!

We're after creeping into the playoffs! More importantly though, we put another relegation candidate to the sword. It's vital to rack up maximum points against those teams in order to avoid being sucked down into that scrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

*Looks at Division 1 table and sees who's 8th*

Talk about consistency GT! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Colemania wrote: »
    *Looks at Division 1 table and sees who's 8th*

Talk about consistency GT! :P

Just trying to make my prediction come through

Boards Gameworld Check

Boards.ie League - Udinese - Division 2 - 4th place - 26 games left
    Copa del Boards - Liverpool - Division 2 - 2nd place - 2 games left
    The EB League - Limerick - Division 1 - 4th place - 6 games left
    But can he do it.....league - Nice - Division 2 - 1st place - 10 games left
    The GOOD league - AS Roma - Division 3 - 2nd place - 4 games left

Not doing too bad me thinks! 3 game worlds coming to a close soon enough.
    Fully expect to get promoted in the GOOD league and Copa del Boards but who knows.
    I'm nervously waiting my fall from grace in the "But can he do it....league" like last year when I led for most of the season, finished 3rd and lost the playoff final.
    In this GW.......may sneak into the playoffs but realistically I think my early season form will fade and I'll finish 8th.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Boards Gameworld Check

Not doing too bad me thinks! 3 game worlds coming to a close soon enough.
    Fully expect to get promoted in the GOOD league and Copa del Boards but who knows.
    I'm nervously waiting my fall from grace in the "But can he do it....league" like last year when I led for most of the season, finished 3rd and lost the playoff final.
    In this GW.......may sneak into the playoffs but realistically I think my early season form will fade and I'll finish 8th.

My head would be wrecked with all them teams. One is enough. I'd be divorced and jobless if I had 5 on the go

eh i dunno wrote: »
    My head would be wrecked with all them teams. One is enough. I'd be divorced and jobless if I had 5 on the go

Good thing i'm not married then :P

To be honest, the boards.ie league is the one i put all my effort into. Transfers aren't that big in the other leagues so I mainly just change my team when i get injuries or there's cups and that. Very little effort to put in

And also, any bit of scouting i do for this GW helps with all the other ones. I bought Hector Herrera in 2 GWs just before he rose. Have him in 4 GWs now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

Real Madrid beat Manchester City 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Di María scored the winner for Real Madrid and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Di maria also suffered a broken jaw in the match although it wasnt in the highlights so I reckon gerp clocked him in a fit of rage in the tunnel:D

Its my own players that need to worry. useless overpaid wasters :D

gerp99 wrote: »
    Its my own players that need to worry. useless overpaid wasters :D

we've a relegation 6 pointer this sunday

bring some vaseline cause your gunna be sore after it. ;)
    (i'll probably have to borrow it after the game tho :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

7 wins in a row for my Everton team....I think I might have to take this title challenge seriously now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Boards Gameworld Check

I'll see your 5 leagues and raise you 1 :pac:

Boards.ie league - Atletico - Division 1 - 10th - 26 games left
    Copa del Boards - Benfica - Division 2 - 1st - 2 games left
    The EB league - Arsenal - Division 2 - 6th - 6 games left
    But can he do it... - FC Koln Division 1 - 1st - 10 games left
    The Good league - FC Schalke - Division 2 - 5th - 4 games left
    World Champ 99 - FC Schalke - Division 2 - 3rd - 10 games left

Most enjoyable for me are boards league, followed by "but can he do it..." League and world champ 99.

The rest I just log in on match night, rotate a few players and bid on a few risers. I don't even read the messages as it's full of transfers that have collapsed as the team is unmanaged due to gameworld custom rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I've one team in the Boards GW, and that's it....
    Not sure I'd continue playing it if this one ended, and most of ye lot are sound too.

x

Contract negotiations are complete and the mighty Wolfsburg are under new management, some say I ran out on Marseille and bottom of the league but others realise that the lure of Wolfsburg was too great.....😀

On another note I'm wondering do I need to report embezzlement to the German authorities, I'm wondering where all the vw money is gone as I've a transfer kitty of 3m and it's not exactly in the players!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

thisyear wrote: »
    Contract negotiations are complete and the mighty Wolfsburg are under new management, some say I ran out on Marseille and bottom of the league but others realise that the lure of Wolfsburg was too great.....😀

On another note I'm wondering do I need to report embezzlement to the German authorities, I'm wondering where all the vw money is gone as I've a transfer kitty of 3m and it's not exactly in the players!!!!!

Sell your crap players and youths who have no chance of playing first team ball you won't be long building up a kitty again

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Sell your crap players and youths who have no chance of playing first team ball you won't be long building up a kitty again

Das Boost is pretty crap isn't he?!!

Das Boost is pretty crap isn't he?!!

There's some boetang lad here as well....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Had a look at my leagues (and rather than just slap up some incoherent drivel, I structured the results in a table :P)

=|CUSTOM GAMEWORLDS||||
    #|Game World | Team | Season/Gameweek | Division | League Pos.
    1|Boards League | FC Porto |S6/GW13 |D1 | 8th
    2|B(D)SM League | AC Milan | S3/GW28|D1| 6th
    3|THE GOOD LEAGUE | Swindon Town | S17/GW35 |D3 | 1st
    4|European Super League | Juventus |S4/GW13| D1 | 5th
    5|The Big League | Newcastle United |S2/GW27| D1 | 4th
    6|But can he do it ... League | Club Brugge KV |S2/GW21| D1 | 7th
    7|Word Champ99 | Tottenham | S1/GW29|D1|6th
    8|Copa Del Boards | AC Milan | S4/GW37 |D2 |8th
    =|GOLD CHAMPIONSHIPS||||
    1|439| Norwich City|S2/GW5 |D2| 3rd
    2|445| West Ham United | S1/GW27 |D1 | 11th
    3|446| Newcastle United | S1/GW21|D1|18th
    4|449| PSV Eindhoven | S1/GW13 |D1 | 1st

Oddly enough ...

You will note there are 2 of my teams placed 8th in their respective leagues,
    also I have 8 custom leagues and 4(also known as 8/2) Gold Championships.

If you add up the Game world number of the Gold championships, you get 1779, add those 4 digits and get 24 (again perfectly dividable by 8) OR multiply the final resulting digits and 2x4=8

If you add up all the seasons the game world's are in, you will get 44, 4+4 = 8 surprisingly enough

And finally, if you add all the game weeks played in the current seasons of my teams, you will get to 269, if you add the digits together you get 17, and repeat the feat of adding the digits to get 8

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Had a look at my leagues (and rather than just slap up some incoherent drivel, I structured the results in a table :P)

=|CUSTOM GAMEWORLDS||||
    1|Boards League | FC Porto |S6/GW13 |D1 | 8th
    2|B(D)SM League | AC Milan | S3/GW28|D1| 6th
    3|THE GOOD LEAGUE | Swindon Town | S17/GW35 |D3 | 1st
    4|European Super League | Juventus |S4/GW13| D1 | 5th
    5|The Big League | Newcastle United |S2/GW27| D1 | 4th
    6|But can he do it ... League | Club Brugge KV |S2/GW21| D1 | 7th
    7|Word Champ99 | Tottenham | S1/GW29|D1|6th
    8|Copa Del Boards | AC Milan | S4/GW37 |D2 |8th
    =|GOLD CHAMPIONSHIPS||||
    1|439| Norwich City|S2/GW5 |D2| 3rd
    2|445| West Ham United | S1/GW27 |D1 | 11th
    3|446| Newcastle United | S1/GW21|D1|18th
    4|449| PSV Eindhoven | S1/GW13 |D1 | 1st

Oddly enough ...

You will note there are 2 of my teams placed 8th in their respective leagues,
    also I have 8 custom leagues and 4(also known as 8/2) Gold Championships.

If you add up the Game world number of the Gold championships, you get 1779, add those 4 digits and get 24 (again perfectly dividable by 8) OR multiply the final resulting digits and 2x4=8

If you add up all the seasons the game world's are in, you will get 44, 4+4 = 8 surprisingly enough

And finally, if you add all the game weeks played in the current seasons of my teams, you will get to 269, if you add the digits together you get 17, and repeat the feat of adding the digits to get 8

Your post #8888 should be worth waiting for!

swoody wrote: »
    8c12b24e0028bec738717bb03ba64b5d.png

4357210-56920810.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Ben KENNEDY has completed his move to Estudiantes de LP from Stevenage for 100,000

An 18 year old forward who has gained interest from several Premier League clubs, including Arsenal who have already sent chief scout Brian McDermott to watch him this season.

I only saw him after he played against Southend in the playoff final (which, thankfully, Southend won 3-1 after extra time by the way!). :D :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Que a barrage of people short listing Sadio Mane after his 3 minute hatrick :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement