Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

At a very brief press conference at the San Mames II Stadium a representative of M. Poirot, who could not appear personally due to the restraining order taken from the clubs chairman against him, gave the following statement:

"It was with a sombre soul and a heavy heart that I read these words from our dearly departed Roma manager. I hope you will find what you are searching for on the outside - I hope that you can shine a light, a beacon, for us fellow institutional men who worry that the outside world is more complicated and full of fear than we could ever imagine.

Step boldly and proudly my brother, hold your head high and know for a brief moment in time you were a God among insects, a bastion of sanity in an otherwise en-darkened world.

To my brothers left behind I say this: we will hew from the mountain of despair a stone of hope, we will build the bridges and cross the boundaries into a new world of love, hope and charity - the mass has ended, go in peace to love and serve the Lord"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Would love to be able to thank previous post multiple times! Quality, doubt you struggled with English Paper 1 when it was your turn Hercule!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Delighted to see Hercule has posted another master piece, miss seeing them regularly I get a great laugh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

6 pointer tonight away to palermo who must have the strongest squad in division 2. Would take a draw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Im off too Malaga on a stag lads... See ye Tuesday.....maybe Wednesday......

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »
    6 pointer tonight away to palermo who must have the strongest squad in division 2. Would take a draw

Won 2-0. Kruse scoring again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Not too disappointed with a draw.

The match ended 2 - 2 between Paris Saint-Germain and FC Porto in their Division 1 fixture.
    Mandžukić and Pastore were amongst the goalscorers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Borussia Dortmund beat Hamburger SV 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Weidenfeller had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Gündoğan was on the scoresheet for his side.

Nice...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

FC Twente slumped to a 3 - 1 defeat to Sunderland in their Division 2 fixture.
    Rondón was on the scoresheet for his side.

Balls

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

1st point I have got in weeks...............I'm off to hide in a dark room till I actually win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Considering the squads ... delighted with a draw!

The match ended 2 - 2 between FC Porto and Paris Saint-Germain in their Division 1 fixture.
    Balotelli scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Shaqiri was also on the scoresheet for his side.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Internazionale slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against Tottenham Hotspur in their Division 1 fixture.
    Traoré was on the scoresheet for his side.

Starting to worry now, 4 defeats in the last 6 :( But somehow im still 3rd :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Panathinaikos beat Standard Liège 1 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Joãozinho had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Barrios was on the scoresheet for his side.

Scored with our only shot on target 3 minutes from the end. It either shows the teams character or the managers luck but either way we'll take it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Internazionale slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against Tottenham Hotspur in their Division 1 fixture.
    Traoré was on the scoresheet for his side.

Starting to worry now, 4 defeats in the last 6 :( But somehow im still 3rd :confused:

First win in a while :D

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Im off too Malaga on a stag lads... See ye Tuesday.....maybe Wednesday......

Look I keep telling ya Isco ain't for sale at the moment............oh wait ya mean real life.
    Sorry, my bad. Sometimes I have trouble differentiating between the 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

2-1 win against dinamo kiev to put me back to 4th. 2 goals from Erding (recently dropped from 89 to 88) and the 2 assists coming from Okazaki (recently increased from 88 to 89)

Our first away win since mid April :cool:

Isco and Marveaux taking turns to bang in fee kicks in a 2 1 win against Besiktas.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Estudiantes de LP hammered West Bromwich Albion 5 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Ki was in fantastic goal-scoring form and bagged 4 goals, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Traoré was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Nothing to see here really, just showing everybody exactly why West Brom are being cut adrift at the foot of the table. I shall keep my preferred formation for another few days at least.

Tablewise, we stay in fourth, but are now just four points behind the leaders, Panathinaikos, and four points clear of PSV just outside the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thisyear

Another 1-1 draw against Lyon, lacazette equaliser denied a first win for Wolfsburg under new management. still waiting for first win.... The players mustn't have finished the 420 page dossier yet, only explanation I can think off!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Anyone else notice that your team always seem to concede a vital goal in the 86th minute of a match.
    Only happens if you are level or a goal up tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

mackeire wrote: »
    Anyone else notice that your team always seem to concede a vital goal in the 86th minute of a match.
    Only happens if you are level or a goal up tho.

Yeah I noticed that, also just like premier manager 98 if the highlights show you getting a freekick and there's no card then it's def a goal from the free.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The most you can offer (4,280,000) is less than the minimum amount the club will sell the player for (4,410,000).

Go **** yourself, Mr Chairman. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

Hamburger SV slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat to Borussia Dortmund in their Division 1 fixture.

Feck :( Needed something from this

Took a chance on vardy for 3m. In the England squad and he should get at least plus 2 or 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Took a chance on vardy for 3m. In the England squad and he should get at least plus 2 or 3.

I brought him to Kyiv, but he got homesick and wanted to go back to England after I left.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Wow, Koke was pricey!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

These player reviews are so lazy and random! Doing one random club the last few days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Wow, Koke was pricey!

He sure was. Getting bored to be honest, weeks of trying to get any kind of deal done and I wasn't getting anywhere. Fired out 4 or 5 bids Thursday and Friday, Tonic accepted, job done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Still bored though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Wow, Koke was pricey!

Lol, I read I got robbed yesterday.

Either way, I'm happy with the deal.
    It was going to take a good offer to part with koke

I don't need strikers and am happy enough with my defence, it was just the right kind of deal for me to accept. All players have their price.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement