Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

swoody wrote: »
    manager ranking points....

top teams (90+ rated) only get 3pt for a win and 1pt for a draw

rubbish teams like napoli get 5pt for a win and 2pt for a draw.

your starting 11 is 92 so your only getting the minimum for your results where as whoever beats or draws gets the max.

bottom line is if you want to get a good ranking either sell all your top players to reduce your starting rating so you can get 5pt off the like of bayern, madrid, dortmund and the likes or leave and join westbrom. everton would of been a great option if your so hung up on getting to the top 10.

oh and win something, its done spuds, dohmund and farcelona no harm as you get 10 massive points.

5pts for a win! must try get another win!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Tell it like it is Swoody, don't beat around the bush!

didnt mention buynoone tho did i..... :P
    GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    5pts for a win! must try get another win!

beat real on thursday and you'll get 5 manager point guaranteed. ;)

beat real on thursday and you'll get 5 manager point guaranteed. ;)

E.A.S.Y :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Beat Rangers in the QF of the League cup to set up a Semi against Palermo! Difficult season but have a tiny ray of hope now

wilberto has hired alberto salazar i see to improve his results :pac:

• Advertisement

Sudden increase of thyroid diagnosis in his squad :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

It has certainly done Nolan Roux the world of good anyway!!

Estudiantes de LP outclassed Athletic Club and beat them 1 - 0 in their The Boards.ie League Cup Quarter Final fixture.
    Roux scored the winner for Estudiantes de LP and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Into a home semi final against Zenit. Are the supporters of Estudiantes daring to dream?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

manager ranking points....

top teams (90+ rated) only get 3pt for a win and 1pt for a draw

rubbish teams like napoli get 5pt for a win and 2pt for a draw.

your starting 11 is 92 so your only getting the minimum for your results where as whoever beats or draws gets the max.

bottom line is if you want to get a good ranking either sell all your top players to reduce your starting rating so you can get 5pt off the like of bayern, madrid, dortmund and the likes or leave and join westbrom. everton would of been a great option if your so hung up on getting to the top 10.

oh and win something, its done spuds, dohmund and farcelona no harm as you get 10 massive points.

How many trophies have you won again??:pac::pac:

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    How many trophies have you won again??:pac::pac:

your mom :pac:

18m for Mastour :eek:

Need to buy more crap youths to drag down my avg rating in each position in order to be allowed to make bids like that... :D

15m was all i was allowed.

Picked him up for 3m in another fairly populated GW tho :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

Mac wen you appointed the new boca manager did u give him the run down of the vultures? How on earth can this be good for the game. Surely you can step in and call a bum deal as it is and force a cancellation. He is getting no benefit from it.

Turns out Mastour is a money grabbing pr!ck :D

Free Agent Hachim MASTOUR has turned down the offer from FC Porto and has decided to accept another club's offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

modo85 wrote: »
    Mac wen you appointed the new boca manager did u give him the run down of the vultures? How on earth can this be good for the game. Surely you can step in and call a bum deal as it is and force a cancellation. He is getting no benefit from it.

What's going on??

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What's going on??

A certain individual has been trying to take advantage of the new boca manager. He got huuntelaar the last time and had a bid accepted for one of bocas star youths which was of no benefit to the boca manager. If this deal had of been done I for one was finished with this gameworld. I think it's wrong that this can happen and no one step in and call a bum deal. If I hadn't of piped up he wud of got a priced youth and changed his name to tupac Mendez all while he sat back laughing with 2 fingers up to this gameworld. I can't believe we haven't learned from the last situation and things like this can happen so easily. Is there no one in charge that can call a bum deal if a certain amount of managers object to it?

I understand the frustrations but what would you like us too do? This isn't been smart this is genuine? I don't see how we can stop it other then warn managers?

A certain individual has been trying to take advantage of the new boca manager. He got huuntelaar the last time and had a bid accepted for one of bocas star youths which was of no benefit to the boca manager. If this deal had of been done I for one was finished with this gameworld. I think it's wrong that this can happen and no one step in and call a bum deal. If I hadn't of piped up he wud of got a priced youth and changed his name to tupac Mendez all while he sat back laughing with 2 fingers up to this gameworld. I can't believe we haven't learned from the last situation and things like this can happen so easily. Is there no one in charge that can call a bum deal if a certain amount of managers object to it?

did he sleep with your misses or wat?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Was the monitoring not supposed to be turned back on?

JamboMac wrote: »
    Was the monitoring not supposed to be turned back on?

Nope ... hasnt been avote on that for ages ... lat spat was over buying from unmanaged

AND monitoring wouldnt have picked up the deal that is being vented over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Nope ... hasnt been avote on that for ages ... lat spat was over buying from unmanaged

AND monitoring wouldnt have picked up the deal that is being vented over.

I thought it was supposed to be put back on but was postponed till whatever because it being turned off had a delayed effect, hence we needed to leave it on for another season.

I understand the frustrations but what would you like us too do? This isn't been smart this is genuine? I don't see how we can stop it other then warn managers?

Well I'm not being smart either but did you read wot I wrote? Read the last sentence again

• Advertisement

Well I'm not being smart either but did you read wot I wrote? Read the last sentence again

Is there no one In charge where tho? Here or soccermanager?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Is there no one In charge where tho? Here or soccermanager?

I would imagine he wants you to step in on SM somehow. Unfortunately, Modo, that's not possible. Mac had to power to change GW rules but that's about it. He has no way of kicking someone from the GW, no control of transfers, etc.

Ultimately there's nothing he can do and tbh I wouldn't expect him to anyway, wouldn't be fair to lay it all on him

Monitoring could sort out some issues but then you have issues with people not being able to do deals they want to so do it's a catch 22

All we can do is give decent advice to new managers and leave it to them to decide. By decent advice I don't mean telling them not to do transfers just tell them to get a feel for the GW before rushing into anything.

This GW is highly competitive compared to most others so what seems like a great deal in 10 other GWs, to an experienced manager, could see you fleeced here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

San Marino slumped to a 3 - 0 defeat against Tottenham Hotspur in their Friendly fixture.

Spurs really need to work on their shooting!

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I would imagine he wants you to step in on SM somehow. Unfortunately, Modo, that's not possible. Mac had to power to change GW rules but that's about it. He has no way of kicking someone from the GW, no control of transfers, etc.

Ultimately there's nothing he can do and tbh I wouldn't expect him to anyway, wouldn't be fair to lay it all on him

Monitoring could sort out some issues but then you have issues with people not being able to do deals they want to so do it's a catch 22

All we can do is give decent advice to new managers and leave it to them to decide. By decent advice I don't mean telling them not to do transfers just tell them to get a feel for the GW before rushing into anything.

This GW is highly competitive compared to most others so what seems like a great deal in 10 other GWs, to an experienced manager, could see you fleeced here.

I get what your saying but I can't believe no one wants to try solve this problem.

It's very very very simple, if a situation arises that is a blatant bum deal like
    A) robbing a newbie after a couple of days of joining
    B) a manager gives away a player for very little and then leaves the club soon after
    Then something should be done plain and simple

If 10 people report the deal to a mod on here then a bum deal is called. The manager in question must reverse the deal or face being sacked

I get what your saying but I can't believe no one wants to try solve this problem.

It's very very very simple, if a situation arises that is a blatant bum deal like
    A) robbing a newbie after a couple of days of joining
    B) a manager gives away a player for very little and then leaves the club soon after
    Then something should be done plain and simple

If 10 people report the deal to a mod on here then a bum deal is called. The manager in question must reverse the deal or face being sacked

no one can sack a manager from the game...

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

The guy has caused so much trouble for this gameworld it's absolutely ridiculous. He gets his kicks outta pissing people off which is just sad really. Warn new managers and ignore the other fella and hope he goes away is about the best we can do.

no one can sack a manager from the game...

Can the person that created the gameworld not

Anyways ....

After including Sandro in p/e offers for Courtois and Bernat amongst others, it felt like he had left already, so I decided to sell him ...

Praet is coming back to Porto ... should never have let him go ...

Can the person that created the gameworld not

Nope.

• Advertisement

right so let's say the deal did go through and I then proceeded to sell all my best players to a certain few managers for little money then quit as I was intending to do, I bet everyone wouldn't be long jumping out of their seats and calling for something to be done to prevent this occurring again

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement