Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

modo85 wrote: »
    right so let's say the deal did go through and I then proceeded to sell all my best players to a certain few managers for little money then quit as I was intending to do, I bet everyone wouldn't be long jumping out of their seats and calling for something to be done to prevent this occurring again

It is what it is....Sure everbody would be pissed but there is nothing that could be done about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

right so let's say the deal did go through and I then proceeded to sell all my best players to a certain few managers for little money then quit as I was intending to do, I bet everyone wouldn't be long jumping out of their seats and calling for something to be done to prevent this occurring again

monitoring not would prevent that ...

however, I actually think that there is soo much bad blood between different managers that it could lead to bogus reporting of deals / managers and that could be as detrimental to the GW as the current scenario.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Willing to swap 2 of my top players for a household name if anyone fancies a deal?

I see tupacs not around anymore is he long gone?
    I thought he would never leave his beloved lazio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Willing to swap 2 of my top players for a household name if anyone fancies a deal?

Still at Lazio, haven't seen him around here in a few weeks though

Balotelli household enough for ya :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Nope ... hasnt been avote on that for ages ... lat spat was over buying from unmanaged

AND monitoring wouldnt have picked up the deal that is being vented over.

Yes it would have. Click report button and let the SMFA discombobulator figure it out.

Looks suspect .. I stuck in a bid of lower rated player at the same and no bid accepted. But bids for the higher rated players accepted immediately.

Mac switch on monitoring - IMHO - don't put it to a vote, just do it for a season. You might lose a few managers ... but I'm guessing some of those might be double accounts.

(logs off, throws computer out the window and runs from the building)

however, I actually think that there is soo much bad blood between different managers that it could lead to bogus reporting of deals / managers and that could be as detrimental to the GW as the current scenario.

This is the problem....There's so much pettiness going on that everybodies deals will get reported.

Any thoughts on rating changes to come in the PL and La Liga?

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Any thoughts on rating changes to come in the PL and La Liga?

Balotelli +1 -- nailed on! :p

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Noob question, what is monitoring?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Noob question, what is monitoring?

Basically, there's a system in place whereby the game itself will keep an eye on deals to make sure they are relatively fair. It supposedly "learns" from the gameworld, and people can report dodgy deals, get them reviewed, and possibly reversed.

The arguments in the past arose from the fact that sometimes what it thought was fair didn't line up with what players thought was fair; that sometimes people will happily trade an older 92 rated player for 2 or 3 88s, or trade a player for a lower amount of cash to facilitate three way deals. But some of these deals got caught and reversed. It affected a very, very small number of deals but enough that some people pushed to get such monitoring turned off, so that there was zero power to report and stop dodgy deals, but at the same time, people could do whatever deals they wanted without fear of legit ok deals being reversed.

Not that monitoring was a 100% perfect way to stop such deals; just it offered some protection, at the cost of a few deals.

Full topic, with discussions, here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057240261

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Well true .. but not every deal will be reversed just because you report it unless there is something suspect. People will claim that they are innocent and the big machine is at fault .. but more than often it will catch the dodgy deals.

The new Boca manager was also the Fernabace manager about a year ago who quit after 9 games .. selling Stephan EL SHAARAWY to one of the teams that have had accepted bids this time too.

Is there any rule against getting your mate to take a job, sell a player to you and then quit? No, there isn't.

Not much use complaining about it ... either a list of blacklisted managers that will not get jobs in the boards league based on previous transactions is created, or monitoring is stuck on.

In GC1, monitoring is on .. and it is also possible to have a manager removed if he has been shown to be cheating.

deleted

Right lads, quick note....

At this stage, given that there's obviously stuff about the game world people want to discuss, then it's in everyone's best interest if it is discussed and examined.

However, there'll have to be boundaries; for one, keep it civil (which it has been so far), and for two, be careful of accusations without basis. Accusing people of having multiple accounts, for instance, is not going to happen. If you have a belief that is happening, report it to a mod (preferably with both boards usernames), and we can do a check in private. But leave those accusations out of such discussions.

The Huntelaar deal has had yellows issued up till now, but it's obviously something very pertinent to this discussion, so it won't be yielding yellow cards after this point.

The main point (I'll repeat) is that this has to be kept civil. First sign of it devolving into anything personal, and it will be cut off. The discussion on how transfers are affecting the gameworld is at the core of why this topic exists, but there still is rules that have to be kept to. Its in the best interest of the world not to ignore these problems, but so too is it in the best interest not to create a bigger problem here in the process.

So play nice. Please.

Well true .. but not every deal will be reversed just because you report it unless there is something suspect. People will claim that they are innocent and the big machine is at fault .. but more than often it will catch the dodgy deals.

The new Boca manager was also the Fernabace manager about a year ago who quit after 9 games .. selling Stephan EL SHAARAWY to one of the teams that have had accepted bids this time too.

Is there any rule against getting your mate to take a job, sell a player to you and then quit? No, there isn't.

Not much use complaining about it ... either a list of blacklisted managers that will not get jobs in the boards league based on previous transactions is created, or monitoring is stuck on.

In GC1, monitoring is on .. and it is also possible to have a manager removed if he has been shown to be cheating.

the current Boca manager was @ Fener from 17/05/2014 till 01/07/2014

El Sha was sold to Fener ( in exchange for Aumbeyang ) from Lazio on 17/03/2014

El Sha was sold from Fener (for 35m) to Napoli on 23/06/2014

Personally dont think there is any thing suspect about 35m for El Sha.

As for the manager quiting 7days later, ive done it numerous times, full flow doing deals, couple of days later , few bad results / to many gws / lost interest and quit...

I got mastour yest in one gw that im not convinced i'll stay in. Lots can change in 7 days

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

Does anyone else have an opinion on this issue because at the moment it just comes across as if I'm moaning and bitching about an obvious loop hole in the game that needs fixing while everyone sits on the fence.

So from what I can gather This all seems legal
    A) as soon as a newbie joins it's open season on his star players
    B) I can sell my star players at low cost to certain managers, quit and then join another team if I please and continue the process
    C) brown nose a newbie with welcome messages to soften him up then proceed to fleece his Crown Jewels

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Boca manager just quit.....

Does anyone else have an opinion on this issue because at the moment it just comes across as if I'm moaning and bitching about an obvious loop hole in the game that needs fixing while everyone sits on the fence.

B) I can sell my star players at low cost to certain managers, quit and then join another team if I please and continue the process
    C) brown nose a newbie with welcome messages to soften him up then proceed to fleece his Crown Jewels

Yep that can happen. As I said, all we can do is mail a new manager (Maybe when they join Mac can mail telling them how competitive it is?) and advise them it's a competitive GW and not to rush into selling players?

I dunno, you'll always have someone trying their luck. Bar mailing someone and monitoring* I don't think there's much you can do.

*I'd be undecided on monitoring at the moment

I'll also add, I have only spoken to 1 manager and advised them not to jump into deals and that was the new Benfica manager when he had bids in for Tadic at Twente

Don't get me wrong I'm with you on all the above can happen and is cheating but how do you suggest we stop it and who's gonna want to enforce it. Unless you get soccermanager to change there rules there's not much that can be done.

Don't get me wrong I'm with you on all the above can happen and is cheating but how do you suggest we stop it and who's gonna want to enforce it. Unless you get soccermanager to change there rules there's not much that can be done.

Well for starters if the rules for the gameworld where half as tight as the rules for posting here we'd be doing well.

I think if monitoring is left off then there should be a process were players can report a deal over here on boards were everyone can discuss and come to an agreement on it. If a deal is called a bum deal Im not to sure what can be done to the offender but they should be asked to reverse it

• Advertisement

Well for starters if the rules for the gameworld where half as tight as the rules for posting here we'd be doing well.

I think if monitoring is left off then there should be a process were players can report a deal over here on boards were everyone can discuss and come to an agreement on it. If a deal is called a bum deal Im not to sure what can be done to the offender but they should be asked to reverse it

I understand your frustration but thats impossible to enforce

The reality is that, as mods, we don't have any power to enforce anything on the other site, be it rules, whats said in the chat, what deals or done. Its not, on that end of things, that we don't want to do anything; our status as mods here doesn't give us any power over there, and boards.ie wouldn't be long dealing with us if we started trying to enforce punishments on this site for things happening over there.

It's incredibly frustrating that some are taking advantage of new managers. Sadly, there's only two things you can do; one is offer a friendly warning to new managers (and then accept its their decision in the end and no one is forcing them to do anything), and the other is to personally opt not to deal with anyone you don't want too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

swoody wrote: »
    did he sleep with your misses or wat?

Heehee! Woody you’re a card.
    KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I would imagine he wants you to step in on SM somehow. Unfortunately, Modo, that's not possible. Mac had to power to change GW rules but that's about it. He has no way of kicking someone from the GW, no control of transfers, etc.

Ultimately there's nothing he can do and tbh I wouldn't expect him to anyway, wouldn't be fair to lay it all on him

Monitoring could sort out some issues but then you have issues with people not being able to do deals they want to so do it's a catch 22

All we can do is give decent advice to new managers and leave it to them to decide. By decent advice I don't mean telling them not to do transfers just tell them to get a feel for the GW before rushing into anything.

This GW is highly competitive compared to most others so what seems like a great deal in 10 other GWs, to an experienced manager, could see you fleeced here.

Yup. If this deal upset you, you wouldn’t last five seconds in some of my GWs! I don’t see what the big deal is.

It’s Soccer Manager, it’s not Jeremy Fcukin Kyle. (for ref tink more FIFA than UN)

Yup.
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Basically, there's a system in place whereby the game itself will keep an eye on deals to make sure they are relatively fair. It supposedly "learns" from the gameworld, and people can report dodgy deals, get them reviewed, and possibly reversed.

The arguments in the past arose from the fact that sometimes what it thought was fair didn't line up with what players thought was fair; that sometimes people will happily trade an older 92 rated player for 2 or 3 88s, or trade a player for a lower amount of cash to facilitate three way deals. But some of these deals got caught and reversed. It affected a very, very small number of deals but enough that some people pushed to get such monitoring turned off, so that there was zero power to report and stop dodgy deals, but at the same time, people could do whatever deals they wanted without fear of legit ok deals being reversed.

Not that monitoring was a 100% perfect way to stop such deals; just it offered some protection, at the cost of a few deals.

Full topic, with discussions, here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057240261

Yup, SMFA Monitoring is a best a wooly solution. Look at Gold 1, where the most blatant cheats in the history of SM have run riot over the years. The most recent used his influence in the >100 Gold clubs he managed to convince other managers to come into Gold 1, sell him the best players at a club, then quit. Huge frustration was caused by his blatant cheating but moreso by SM’s apparent unwillingness to lift a finger to stop him. He was eventually ousted, after over a year of cheating, by SM (following a forum, News Feed and Twitter campaign). So yeah you can turn monitoring on but there’s no guarantee it would have the desired impact. It was also used by said cheater to report many innocent deals (And get them reversed).
    Does anyone else have an opinion on this issue because at the moment it just comes across as if I'm moaning and bitching

Agreed.
    Colemania wrote: »
    Boca manager just quit.....

Yup

Tank the lord they are not. It is, after all, an online football management game (not an internet forum)
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    The reality is that, as mods, we don't have any power to enforce anything on the other site, be it rules, whats said in the chat, what deals or done. Its not, on that end of things, that we don't want to do anything; our status as mods here doesn't give us any power over there, and boards.ie wouldn't be long dealing with us if we started trying to enforce punishments on this site for things happening over there.

It's incredibly frustrating that some are taking advantage of new managers. Sadly, there's only two things you can do; one is offer a friendly warning to new managers (and then accept its their decision in the end and no one is forcing them to do anything), and the other is to personally opt not to deal with anyone you don't want too.

I tink a lot of people need to learn to let go. You don’t agree with a deal – what’s the big deal? Surrender to the game that Soccer Manager is rite now. You will live longer and have much less stress in your life. I used to get horrid annoyed by shenanigans in THE GOOD LEAGUE. When managers would quit, I would run around trying to get a replacement or at the very least a caretaker in so the team wouldn’t have it’s bones picked dry (and be left bleaching in the desert sun). I used to give every new manager a welcome email, warning them not to sell anyone for cash and to beware, because the GW was full of shysters (Milanese managers mostly) who would buy their best players off them (and try to convince them they were doing them a favour by buying them). OK I still warn them about the two Milanese but basically I try to let the chips fall where they may. It’s much less stressful and – you know what? The GW has never had so many managers and has never been as much fun.

So basically baza apart from mimicking your man from storage wars "yup" I take it you were against players buying top players from newbies for cash and the usuall scammers in the good league but now you've learned not to get annoyed with these things and are okay for these situations to happen now

Queue the reply "yup" 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

So basically baza apart from mimicking your man from storage wars "yup" I take it you were against players buying top players from newbies for cash and the usuall scammers in the good league but now you've learned not to get annoyed with these things and are okay for these situations to happen now

I have no idea what Storge Wars is. Sounds like a $hit filim.

I dint realize this was about a top player being bought for cash. I thought was about some young player going for cash?

In THE GOOD LEAGUE I don't get annoyed by it anymore. What's the point in falling out and getting yourself into a tizzy about stuff you can't impact? As the chaps on here have patiently explained to you - they can't stop folk doing deals on Soccer Manager. They can't sack managers (can't believe you thought they could lol). Maybe break a fiver and start your own game world. You mite learn a ting or tree.

It doesn't happen in THE GOOD LEAGUE anymore anyway. All the recent managers have come via boards, and a sounder more clued up bunch of managers you couldn't wish for. None of them are green and (crucially) none of them whine.
    Queue the reply "yup" 😄

The word is "cue". A "queue" is a funcha bucks forming a line.

baza Rakus wrote: »

I dint realize this was about a top player being bought for cash. I thought was about some young player going for cash?

In THE GOOD LEAGUE I don't get annoyed by it anymore. What's the point in falling out and getting yourself into a tizzy about stuff you can't impact? As the chaps on here have patiently explained to you - they can't stop folk doing deals on Soccer Manager. They can't sack managers (can't believe you thought they could lol). Maybe break a fiver and start your own game world. You mite learn a ting or tree.

It doesn't happen in THE GOOD LEAGUE anymore anyway. All the recent managers have come via boards, and a sounder more clued up bunch of managers you couldn't wish for. None of them are green and (crucially) none of them whine.

You've already explained about how great the good league is and how you used to get annoyed and your knickers in a twist over bum deals but can you plz answer the question

Are you s changed man and happy with newbies getting fleeced?

baza Rakus wrote: »

Seeing as you like to nit pick on some of my points I thought I correct u on some of yours

2nd para - yes huuntelaar is a top player

3rd para - yes you can stop deals ( monitoring turned on)
    Yes I am a gold member

4th para - you admitted you whine

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Thankfully tonight is match night.

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Thankfully tonight is match night.

Yeah thankfully, there is far to much talking on this forum hopefully we can get back to last weeks atmosphere of 24 posts all week when we had so much peace and quiet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement