Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I wanted rid of Schwein and needed a keeper, everything worked out well :)

All in all, Neuer and Schwein for Kroos, Lloris and Mason who came with 3.5m pocket money, happy with that.

you should of gone for hurricane.....but not to bad all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

swoody wrote: »
    you should of gone for hurricane.....but not to bad all the same.

Not a hope was I getting him, I didn't even try!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not a hope was I getting him, I didn't even try!

Yeah, he's going nowhere until at least September till I see where he lands up ;)

Many thanks to Aston Villa for providing another quick and easy negotiation :D

Kyle Walker and Victor Ibraro will be heading to Villa. Alex Vidal and some cash will be heading to Spurs.

Walker and Lloris were 2 of the last 3 players who had survived since I took over, and both are gone now. Only Vertongen left of that initial team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Now that mandzukic has signed for Juventus how long before he gets a +1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Lord TSC wrote: »

Kyle Walker and Victor Ibraro will be heading to Villa. Alex Vidal and some cash will be heading to Spurs.

Walker and Lloris were 2 of the last 3 players who had survived since I took over, and both are gone now. Only Vertongen left of that initial team.

Pleasure doing business lord tsc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

There was a very hush-hush atmosphere at the San Mames II Stadium as a hastily arranged press conference drew in the curious crowds from press and public alike. Entering the room, looking resplendent in a rather snazzy ivory waistcoat, the club manager M. Poirot addressed his audience:

"A young man called Paul Hewson once said to the world 'I still haven't found what I'm looking for'. Unfortunately for Mr. Hewson if it is talent he was looking for then he is obviously still looking; I on the other hand have found my talent. I would like to formally introduce you to our new signing Mr. Erik Pieters!"

As the room shook with applause and as ladies swooned before the Dutch man beast Pieters embraced his new manager with a tenderness unthought of from those who have seen him play. M. Poirot put his arm around Pieters and continued his address:

"This man is genuine treasure, in this world of football that can be so dark and so bleak we have discovered a precious gem hidden in this wasteland of destitution."

When asked about the transfer fee M. Poirot was open to the audience in a way that was never thought possible:

"Yes we had to make sacrifices. You all know how much I love my little boys, how I have taught them to be gracious and humble human beings and now I send Dongou and Forster-Caskey to Madrid safe in the knowledge that they will not besmirch the traditions of this great club, that they go under the guidance of a manager who is nearly as humble and as virtuous as myself - and that they will always know who their Daddy is. Thank for your attendance, love one another as I have loved you".

TL;DR I signed Pieters from Real, Forster-Caskey, Dongou + 3m going the other way, Real manager a pleasure to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

Solid 1-0 last night.

U-20 World cup went well. Adama Traore and Danilo Barboas came first and second in the player of the tournament awards. Some nice lower rated replacement for the youth I sold recently. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Lord TSC wrote: »

And sure I told ya I'd have him off ya :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

"A young man called Paul Hewson once said to the world 'I still haven't found what I'm looking for'. Unfortunately for Mr. Hewson if it is talent he was looking for then he is obviously still looking

Quality :D

I'm not going to attempt to match that excellent piece of oration above but just to announce that Malaga have sold club captain and lion heart defender Omer Toprak to Roma in exchange for Davide Astori and Asier Illarramendi.

Sorry to see him go and am sure he will do well in Rome but the 2 lads bring badly needed depth to the squad.

Anyone interested in any of Jesus Gamez, Ogbonna or Sam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Just swapped Strootman for Ander Herrera.

I'm a fan.
    And I wanted to do SOMETHING.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Nice +1 for Glik this morning to 89! I wonder if Cech going to arsenal will jeopardise ospina's plus 1?

JamboMac wrote: »
    Now that mandzukic has signed for Juventus how long before he gets a +1.

not a chance in hell
    Colemania wrote: »
    Nice +1 for Glik this morning to 89! I wonder if Cech going to arsenal will jeopardise ospina's plus 1?

he was never on for rise and i've heard he's as good as sold to fenerbahce as he doesnt fancy sitting on his hole unlike szczesny stealing a living.

swoody wrote: »
    not a chance in hell

he was never on for rise and i've heard he's as good as sold to fenerbahce as he doesnt fancy sitting on his hole unlike szczesny stealing a living.

Played most of the season for arsenal, 3rd in the premiership, and he's only 88. Definitely worth a rise to 89

Colemania wrote: »
    Played most of the season for arsenal, 2nd in the premiership, and he's only 88. Definitely worth a rise to 89

Who was 2nd?

Who was 2nd?

3rd sorry. Forgot they bottled it at the end again :P

Jake Nicholson and Cameron Lancaster have thrown in transfer requests due to lack of first team chances.

So if anyone wants to give some mid-70s players some matches, ye can bid away now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Ekdal off to Roma apparently, could get a rise after a good season with Cagliari, despite the relegation

Piss off the pair of ye..... Ideas slightly above your stations there boys.

65b76ce44945bba727784c4bfb31153d.png

:)

These two, as well as any others that my poxy chairman will allow are available to loan for whoever wants them!

desperate times for zabs..... :(

eb87b143c10571d1de71abc6275e2d41.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

There must have been about 20 bids for Zabaleta at this stage :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Forgot I was still in the cup,full strength team played,now everyone's goosed.

Firmino just signed for Liverpool. Might want to get rid of him bayern :P Dunno why we signed him if our intention is that he'll be our out and out goal scorer next season. Hopefully still another striker on the way

Great player none the less anyway

Firmino was one of the lads i sold for cash last year - who bought him - how'd he end up there? :)

Edit - actually where are all those players now? Do you guys still have them? Or were they used for trading up?

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Firmino was one of the lads i sold for cash last year - who bought him - how'd he end up there? :)

Edit - actually where are all those players now? Do you guys still have them? Or were they used for trading up?

Well i. Bought Malanda :(

Icardi with a +2 :)

He's banging in goals so was getting plenty of game time but will likely be used even more now :)

Was hoping United would sign Firmino :/

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

Entire Youth Team and some on First Team available for LOAN with potential for purchase after contract has ended. First come first serve guys. @USPalermo

• Registered Users Posts: 20 fearghalcotter

Sooo, if i was to leave besiktas and join hamburg, how would I do this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

In light of recent events I've decided to return to the forum.....

Also, while I'm here, listening to offers on Pjanic!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement