Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Another 1-0 loss:(

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

The match ended 1 - 1 between US Palermo and RCD Espanyol in their Division 2 fixture.
    Hulk scored the only goal for US Palermo and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Puts us 1 clear of 2nd and 4 clear of 3rd with 2 matches to go! Surely we can't fk this up now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

You gotta love this game!!!

1-0 loss to Liverpool... Sterling off after 14 mins.... Neymar MOTM despite only touching the ball ONCE!!!!!!!!!

Cap it off, Glen Johnson with the goal, well done SM! Lol!!!!!

Anyhow, playoffs were a long shot at best so best of luck to the lads in them!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Well, I lost...but I'm 6 clear of the relegation zone now, so unless there's a 15 goal swing in my last two games, it looks like I survive for another year. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWwFfic9olqumboQXORQkNKcXC83Fq6b4-hQeanENP-1NHtV42aw

154768.jpg

Ireland beat Cameroon 3 - 1 in their SMFA World Cup Qualifiers Group 4 fixture.
    Keane scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    O'Shea was also on the scoresheet for his side.

That, coupled with France doing their bit with a fine 4-2 victory in the swarming heat of the middle east means that Ireland will be heading stateside come the end of the season.

Boom. Baby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Such a week to be to my tits with work and life! :)

Down to 4th, disappointed with that! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

San Marino were given a football lesson by Juventus as they were hammered 6 - 1 in their Friendly fixture.
    Rinaldi was on the scoresheet for his side.

Oh Swoody! San Marino scored against you. How embarrassing! :pac:

The San Marino "Challenge" :

Rank | Team | Score | GD | Last goal
    1 | Chelsea | 9 - 0 | 9 | 82
    2 | Napoli | 8 - 0 | 8 | 86
    3 | Lazio | 7 - 0 | 7 | 85
    4 | Sunderland | 7 - 0 | 7 | 86
    5 | Benfica | 7 - 0 | 7 | 88
    6 | FC Porto | 6 - 0 | 6 | 77
    7 | Juventus | 6 - 1 | 5 | 85
    8 | Udinese | 4 - 0 | 4 | 86
    9 | Zenit | 4 - 1 | 3 | 77
    10 | AS Roma (unmanaged) | 4 - 1 | 3 | 89
    11 | Dynamo Kiev | 3 - 0 | 3 | 38
    12 | Everton | 3 - 0 | 3 | 79
    13 | Tottenham | 3 - 0 | 3 | 89
    14 | Espanyol | 3 - 1 | 2 | 83
    15 | Aston Villa | 3 - 1 | 2 | 87
    16 | PSG | 2 - 0 | 2 | 59

In order of precedence, teams shall be separated by:
    1. Goal Difference.
    2. Goals Scored.
    3. Earliest time for the last goal scored.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Wilberto wrote: »
    Oh Swoody! San Marino scored against you. How embarrassing! :pac:

89 minute consulation.....

gE4ykQa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Dammit! PSG have officially become my bogey team ...

FC Porto slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat against Paris Saint-Germain in their Division 1 fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Finally a win.

Paris Saint-Germain beat FC Porto 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Gameiro scored the winner for Paris Saint-Germain and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Its not good news, its great news!

Ajax outclassed Juventus and beat them 3 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Eriksen scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Soldado and De Jong were also amongst the goalscorers.

Still a very nervy final day to come but I'm a very happy manager right now. Someone with 42+ points will be relegated which will be incredibly unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Drew and drop out of the top 6 for the first time this season with one game left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

FC Schalke relegated to Division 3 lol

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

you will get them back up to div 2 next season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Dammit, a win tonight would have secured the league. A win next week will do the job but tbh I'd take 2nd considering my previous seasons at Bayern

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

A scrappy 1 0 home win over Besiktas guarantees us 4th spot and place in play-offs which I would have taken at start of season.
    Anyone know why LA Galaxy manager resigned? He was doing great job with them.

Mourinho wrote:
    FC Schalke relegated to Division 3 lol

Unlucky man, victim of a very very topsy turvy season, but I fear that City may be THE victim if he goes down...

Champs to relegated ?? Don't want to harp on about the match engine again, but seriously?

Oh I lost too, ah well!!

Unlucky man, victim of a very very topsy turvy season, but I fear that City may be THE victim if he goes down...

Champs to relegated ?? Don't want to harp on about the match engine again, but seriously?

Oh I lost too, ah well!!

Barca went in one of the early seasons, Chelsea too if I remember right. I found myself in precarious positions too but was very lucky to escape. The match engine is messed up, have they changes in the works?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Playoffs again - surely this is my time!

56299082.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

The match ended 1 - 1 between US Palermo and Aston Villa in their Division 2 fixture.
    Hulk scored the only goal for US Palermo and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

PROMOOOOOTION!!!!! Division 1 net year!!!!! ++ a draw next day out and we take Div. 2 trophy!! #Relief lol

• Advertisement

T0001 wrote: »
    The match ended 1 - 1 between US Palermo and Aston Villa in their Division 2 fixture.

PROMOOOOOTION!!!!! Division 1 net year!!!!! ++ a draw next day out and we take Div. 2 trophy!! #Relief lol

ne37awo

Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

The thing is if the 'match engine' was bang on, Napoli and I (lowest rated squads in the division) wouldnt have lasted more than 1 season D1.

Going from back-to-back D1 winners to potential D1 relegation fodder is a bit much, but if the logic was "better rated teams 'nearly always' win", then how boring would this game be?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Will the play-off semi finals be on next sunday or is there a bit of a break?

KERSPLAT! wrote:
    Barca went in one of the early seasons, Chelsea too if I remember right. I found myself in precarious positions too but was very lucky to escape. The match engine is messed up, have they changes in the works?

If anything that proves my point more! City going from champs to quite possibly going down in one season and as you mentioned, avoiding regation to one result away from being Champs for yourself is an almighty swing to be fair!

Also, completely agree GT, if it were a case of the best team winning almost every game the world would become unpopulated very quickly.... But there are random results and good runs vs massive swings in fortune as I mentioned above, it's just a bit too unrealistic, again I'm talking extremes here, must be infuriating for the managers involved

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

4 player on the transfer list at spartak Moscow. Best bid on each will win!
    Two 88's, 87, 86.

Through to the SMFA Shield Finals :)

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Through to the SMFA Shield Finals :)

Snap ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

you will get them back up to div 2 next season!

Thanks very much for the confidence sure we'll see :)

Cheers too Tupac!

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Snap ;)

The-Rock-Just-Bring-It-590x900.jpg

• Advertisement

Tick.... Tock......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement