Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Looked like a cracking game, unlucky Spurs.

The league and shield, not a bad return.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Sale on at Liverpool!

Players available for cash; Enrique, Borini, Afobe, Sanago, Robinson.

Players available for exchange; Rolando, Johnston, Gerrard and Raheem Sterling.

I'm looking for defenders mainly (and a 88/89 rated keeper) but for Sterling I will listen to any offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

unkymo wrote: »
    Sale on at Liverpool!

Players available for cash; Enrique, Borini, Afobe, Sanago, Robinson.

Players available for exchange; Rolando, Johnston, Gerrard and Raheem Sterling.

I'm looking for defenders mainly (and a 88/89 rated keeper) but for Sterling I will listen to any offer.

Borini makes the move across the city to Everton, hopefully in rl he moves as well!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

San Marino have lost to a managerless Shanghai Shenhua 5 - 1 in a thrilling Friendly encounter.
    Cervellini was on the scoresheet for his side.

At half time Shanghai were half way to doing what the rest of ye couldn't - score double figures. Sadly for them though, they clearly left their shooting boots in the dressing room at half time. Thankfully, we didn't, as San Marino ran out second half 1 - 0 winners!! :D :pac: :)

The San Marino "Challenge" :

Rank | Team | Score | GD | Last goal
    1 | Chelsea | 9 - 0 | 9 | 82
    2 | Athletic Bilbao | 9 - 1 | 8 | 75
    3 | Napoli | 8 - 0 | 8 | 86
    4 | Lazio | 7 - 0 | 7 | 85
    5 | Sunderland | 7 - 0 | 7 | 86
    6 | Benfica | 7 - 0 | 7 | 88
    7 | FC Porto | 6 - 0 | 6 | 77
    8 | Juventus | 6 - 1 | 5 | 85
    9 | Shanghai Shenhua (unmanaged) | 5 - 1 | 4 | 42
    9 | Udinese | 4 - 0 | 4 | 86
    10 | Zenit | 4 - 1 | 3 | 77
    11 | AS Roma (unmanaged) | 4 - 1 | 3 | 89
    12 | Dynamo Kiev | 3 - 0 | 3 | 38
    13 | Everton | 3 - 0 | 3 | 79
    14 | Tottenham | 3 - 0 | 3 | 89
    15 | Espanyol | 3 - 1 | 2 | 83
    16 | Aston Villa | 3 - 1 | 2 | 87
    17 | PSG | 2 - 0 | 2 | 59

In order of precedence, teams shall be separated by:
    1. Goal Difference.
    2. Goals Scored.
    3. Earliest time for the last goal scored.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    With the regular seasons over ....

I'm considering selling Mario.

Currently I'm not as strong as I'd like to be in defence, so a young promising defender as p/e please

Poor Mario is driving around Porto in his camouflage design Bentley wearing nothing but a pink mankini, throwing €100 notes at people shouting "why always me!" .... :eek:

This is on foot of him hearing that managers selling their 'blue chip' players or 'prized possession' are having brain melt with all the offers they are receiving while the fax machine in the FC Porto offices remains eerily quite ... :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Poor Mario is driving around Porto in his camouflage design Bentley wearing nothing but a pink mankini, throwing €100 notes at people shouting "why always me!" .... :eek:

This is on foot of him hearing that managers selling their 'blue chip' players or 'prized possession' are having brain melt with all the offers they are receiving while the fax machine in the FC Porto offices remains eerily quite ... :o

Bid made. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised! :):D

Wilberto wrote: »
    Bid made. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised! :):D

What, no Hoilett or Roux in the offer :p ... now Mario is really insulted ... he threatend to take off the mankini :eek:

What, no Hoilett or Roux in the offer :p ... now Mario is really insulted ... he threatend to take off the mankini :eek:

The deal involving Estudiantes de LP and Mario BALOTELLI of FC Porto has been rejected. FC Porto state that the player or players offered are not good enough.

But, but, but, they're Belgian AND they're young!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Anyone selling an 89+ rated striker that's not Mario :P have a sconce at anzhi and see if there's anything of interest, been trying to get a striker since I took over.

Would like a young 88+ keeper too, will swap cabellaro +? For one

Sorry for sounding like a broken record

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

richieffff wrote: »
    Anyone selling an 89+ rated striker that's not Mario :P have a sconce at anzhi and see if there's anything of interest, been trying to get a striker since I took over.

Would like a young 88+ keeper too, will swap cabellaro +? For one

Sorry for sounding like a broken record

Oliver Baumann if your interested. GK, 88, 25 yrs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQ_217xfunsD8RU9KhOl6uYVgYOLcniUZTKVjKDcxvjfigslFVsw

T0001 wrote: »
    Oliver Baumann if your interested. GK, 88, 25 yrs

Yeah I'd be interested in taking him, sounds perfect.

Are you wanting to take big Willy cabellaro too?

Raheem STERLING has completed his move to FC Porto from Liverpool in a swap deal for Martín MONTOYA and Toby ALDERWEIRELD

BOOOM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Crazy transfer, in my opinion of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

Insania!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Raheem STERLING has completed his move to FC Porto from Liverpool in a swap deal for Martín MONTOYA and Toby ALDERWEIRELD

BOOOM!

There's probably another part to it......I imagine.....

A potential 92 (although I hope he fails at City) in exchange for an 89 at best and a possible 90/91 in a year or 2.

Although you did do a generous enough deal with Balotelli in swapping an 88 for a 90. If Balotelli moves to a decent top 6 Italian club, he could sustain his 90. Don't know much about Gaspar to be honest.

Im interested to hear what side of my deal people think is mad....

Think i paid too much? Think it was a bargain?

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

Im just wondering is their another part of the deal where you are throwing in the vaseline as well? :p

Colemania wrote: »

A potential 92 (although I hope he fails at City) in exchange for an 89 at best and a possible 90/91 in a year or 2.

Although you did do a generous enough deal with Balotelli in swapping an 88 for a 90. If Balotelli moves to a decent top 6 Italian club, he could sustain his 90. Don't know much about Gaspar to be honest.

The buying manager has requested he can do the press release so i cant comment on any Balo move ;)

gerp99 wrote: »
    Im just wondering is their another part of the deal where you are throwing in the vaseline as well? :p

Nope, thats all.

Might be on the lookout for a DL tho....

Fancy sending Sandro back? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

Nope, thats all.

Might be on the lookout for a DL tho....

Fancy sending Sandro back? :p

and obviously money equates to players ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Bargain Central :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I initially offered Pato and Neto to test the water - was told he had received much better offers from others and was going to log in this morning to offer Rannochia and Jung/Kolod (hadn't decided which) only to see what he went for - to be honest I'm surprised and upset - but GT has a history of having us think deals are bad, we start giving out, then the cherry comes later (it will turn out that another player is involved) and we all laugh about the emotional times we had!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Also, in other news:

Benik AFOBE has shocked Liverpool (Mohammad Abdulsalam) fans by moving to Athletic Club (Ernesto Valverde) for 2,100,000.

He will be a star!

I initially offered Pato and Neto to test the water - was told he had received much better offers from others and was going to log in this morning to offer Rannochia and Jung/Kolod (hadn't decided which) only to see what he went for - to be honest I'm surprised and upset - but GT has a history of having us think deals are bad, we start giving out, then the cherry comes later (it will turn out that another player is involved) and we all laugh about the emotional times we had!

No cherry to this one... He managed to get a Belgian, that was enough.

There was other combinations suggested first but i asked what combo does the deal today ...you've all seen the result

article-2272069-174AF97E000005DC-205_634x883.jpg
    Estudiantes de LP have broken their transfer record by signing Mario BALOTELLI from FC Porto for 10,000,000 plus Gaspar MARIO

Manager Wilberto was only two happy to acknowledge the significant coup by his plucky Division Three side. "TBH, initial negotiations started off as a bit of banter between the two clubs, as we figured we had no real chance of pulling this one off. But then, as they say in wherever, "Sh*t got real" when a serious bid came up. It's a blow to lose a player the calibre of Mario Gaspar. He's been a terrific servant to us and was always one of the first names on the team sheet, racking up 129 appearances. I'd like to thank Mario for the time he served with us and wish him all the best in Portugal. But the opportunity to bring in some real quality like Balotelli should always be grasped with both hands. He's a serious talent and with his talent and flair, alongside the sheer work rate of Nolan Roux, we should look pretty set for next season from that perspective."

When news of Mario Balotelli's signature was initially released to the public, Estudiantes were in jubilant mood, chanting Mario Balotelli in every bus, train, or car.

Massive thanks to Porto though and I hope Gaspar gets a rise to 89 at least next season as he had a great season last season

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MonoJC

Hey ppl. Applied for Shaktar there

• Registered Users Posts: 14,140 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

MonoJC wrote: »
    Hey ppl. Applied for Shaktar there

Welcome aboard!

Not sure if it is still enforced, but last I remember you need 50 posts minimum in order to manage any club, other than that you can only manage a Division 4 team.

You might consider trying to reach 50 posts over the weekend if you have your heart set on Shaktar.

MOD SNIP

Breach of forum charter

• Advertisement

Colemania wrote: »

Now that the Balo Press Conf is over ... After using Alderweireld in the Raheem deal, I needed a DR ... that why Mario was swapped for an 88

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement