Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Quick question on tactics!

Is 4-4-2 diamond formation a possibility, I have seen it called 4-1-2-1-2 aswell but can't seem to find an option for it

29405ec9398dd13ce94a78d5e1492f54.png

attachment.php?attachmentid=51157&d=1360955052&thumb=1

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

As above. But the chairman also insists on a sell to buy policy that will hurt. Falque will have to go if the cash offer is good enough

Made my night as a Roma fan dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

richieffff wrote: »
    Which team are you?

Hamburg

swoody wrote: »
    29405ec9398dd13ce94a78d5e1492f54.png

attachment.php?attachmentid=51157&d=1360955052&thumb=1

:p
    Lol I don't have that option on the phone but think that is a diamond with a rm and lm what I was looking for is a DM 2xCM and AM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Hamburg

Any interest in Barzagli?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Anyone with a good 87 young player who would want to swap for the likes of Roman Neustadter (89)?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Mourinho wrote: »
    Anyone with a good 87 young player who would want to swap for the likes of Roman Neustadter (89)?

Trippier?

Lol I don't have that option on the phone but think that is a diamond with a rm and lm what I was looking for is a DM 2xCM and AM

4-3-2-1 is the closest you're gunna get, i think.

Benassi?

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

OLIVEIRA? BANGOURA? VAN AANHOLT?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I'm up against Bayern in the Charity Shield on Friday!! Woohoo!! :D:)

The match will also double up as Super Mario's debut! Oh, and while we're on the subject of Super Mario, I'm chuffed that the loan deal to AC Milan was finally finalised. Should be a good move to him, especially looking at the comparison sheet that Sky Sports put up earlier between his Premier League record and his Serie A record. :D

Wilberto wrote: »
    I'm up against Bayern in the Charity Shield on Friday!! Woohoo!! :D:)

The match will also double up as Super Mario's debut! Oh, and while we're on the subject of Super Mario, I'm chuffed that the loan deal to AC Milan was finally finalised. Should be a good move to him, especially looking at the comparison sheet that Sky Sports put up earlier between his Premier League record and his Serie A record. :D

watched milan get humiliated by fiorentina at the weekend, balotellitubby's gunna suffer in that pathetic team. you better prepare for an astronomical drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

swoody wrote: »
    watched milan get humiliated by fiorentina at the weekend, balotellitubby's gunna suffer in that pathetic team. you better prepare for an astronomical drop.

latest?cb=20090720220816

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

World Cup Semi Finals are...

England - Serbia
    BRAZIL - Belgium

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Genoa with 17 bids accepted from externals since the previous manager didn't login for 14 days and was sacked. A lot of that budget gone anyway if someone doesn't take the job today!

bfe38c2055b979d1bc441bf94a17d270.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Can't believe the money some clubs waste on kids, especially the ones you would think couldn't afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

The offer for José CALLEJÓN of US Palermo from Athletic Club has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRk72mxIGtBKxkP5fHuAUCmjHWJ6kCRvxjZC7C2FogRMOwG9xDyg

Jung and Pato going the other way

Tone lads I have PMS going with,mi will try and get in touch latter or tomorrow morning at the latest. Feeling groggy so will try and respond once my head clears. Sorry bout delays.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Paul VERHAEGH has completed his move to Estudiantes de LP from FC Augsburg for 6,672,000 plus Stefan MEDINA . All other offers were turned down.

He may be a 31 year old, but he's an 88 who can at left or right back, and should be a fine replacement for Mario Gaspar!!

Oh, and a nice versatile loanee as well:
    The loan offer for Ñíguez SAÚL of SSC Napoli from Estudiantes de LP has been accepted. The loan deal has been completed.

:D:D:)

• Advertisement

Lads, I'd be interested in moving Perisic (90) and Llorente (91) on and would like to replace them with 90 rated center-mids if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

This is turning into an epic end-of-season-transfer-period!

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

JamboMac wrote: »
    Can't believe the money some clubs waste on kids, especially the ones you would think couldn't afford it.

I presume you mean Cruzeiro? he mainly focuses on youths so he always is well prepared to bid highest. He often beats me one on one for players. Rarely do I get to bid on a youth without him bidding. Unfortunately he knows his stuff. :P Its a good tactic though, he has some of the best youths in the game and managers will pay through the roof for youths :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

The offer for José CALLEJÓN of US Palermo from Athletic Club has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRk72mxIGtBKxkP5fHuAUCmjHWJ6kCRvxjZC7C2FogRMOwG9xDyg

Jung and Pato going the other way

He's a weapon in the game, great goalscorer ;)

Well, new season, means new San Marino "Challenge". A big congratulations to Chelsea who scored an astonishing nine goals without reply to lift the highly coveted Andy Selva trophy.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9NzAKdtL2LUfwfGmeJMerXyNlXYBLUf-JL1lADgB1WJt9dFzx

Meanwhile, Napoli kicked off the new season by immediately posting a score that will be hard to beat for any side:
    San Marino were given a football lesson by SSC Napoli as they were hammered 8 - 1 in their Friendly fixture.
    Vitaioli was on the scoresheet for his side.

But, as impressive as that was, an even more impressive result followed. Well, it had to happen sometime, and it was a bit of a "Totes Awks" moment for Standard Liege:
    San Marino beat Standard Liège 2 - 1 in their Friendly fixture.
    Cervellini and Amici were amongst the goalscorers.

Boom.

Baby.

After those two results, it leaves the table looking like this:

The San Marino "Challenge" :

Rank | Team | Score | GD | Last goal
    1 | Napoli | 8 - 1 | 7 | 88
    2 | Standard Liege | 1 - 2 (LOSERS!) | -1 | 5

In order of precedence, teams shall be separated by:
    1. Goal Difference.
    2. Goals Scored.
    3. Earliest time for the last goal scored.[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

gerp99 wrote: »
    I presume you mean Cruzeiro? he mainly focuses on youths so he always is well prepared to bid highest. He often beats me one on one for players. Rarely do I get to bid on a youth without him bidding. Unfortunately he knows his stuff. :P Its a good tactic though, he has some of the best youths in the game and managers will pay through the roof for youths :D[/quote

Ye know me to well gerp :) it does always seem to be me and you in bidding wars over many youths. Your right in saying that this is my game plan as I feel it's the best chance I have of competing with the big boys, all be it a long way down the road. I apologise to you as I can understand if you get frustrated with my constant outbidding but like I said its my
    Gameplan and I feel I must stick with it.

I have to disagree with the statement made about "wasting" money on youths as I feel I've made many profits on these youths and I don't pick up any youth I go for the ones that have massive potential.
    Also I have made many sacrifices to fund my gameplan which consisted of selling on my star players and willing to forget about competing for promotion until I feel my squad is good enough to compete with the best. This is how I've the funds available to bid on these youths

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

When am I up Wil?

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    When am I up Wil?

friday....no?

Its with heavy heart that Tottenham Hotspurs announce the departures of Pedro, Kane and Dragovic who shall all be moving off to sunny Spain to join Malaga.

However, after many, many years chasing the man, Isco will finally become a Spurs player. Have been chasing him since I joined Spurs, nagging many a manager to lure him over to the rainy weather of London :pac:

A pleasure doing business with you Malaga. You drove a hard bargain, and I fear I may have overpaid, but getting Isco was a goal I've had for quite some time, so I'll take it. Now watch as Kane joins Man United and becomes an English legend, Pedro wins the champions league with Chelsea and Dragovic joins a big team and becomes a monster! :P

I also forgot to thank the Roma manager as well; a straight swap with Cuadrado coming to White Heart Lane, and Vertonghen heading off to Italy.

And with those deals, I think my entire first 11 now lacks any player who was at the club when I took over :( Still, more PMs will be going out in the morning as the reshuffling continues....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

gerp99 wrote: »
    I presume you mean Cruzeiro? he mainly focuses on youths so he always is well prepared to bid highest. He often beats me one on one for players. Rarely do I get to bid on a youth without him bidding. Unfortunately he knows his stuff. :P Its a good tactic though, he has some of the best youths in the game and managers will pay through the roof for youths :D

Just needs to wait a decade to cash in his chips.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement