Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

JamboMac wrote: »
    Just needs to wait a decade to cash in his chips.

He has been using the youths he acquired to buy upgrades...

I think its a brilliant way of playing the game.

He pays max cash(that useless stuff) for talented(wanted) youths, then when he needs to upgrade a position in his squad, he sticks one or more of these talents on the Transfer list and exchanges them for a player he wants ... in a round about way he is buying the players he wants ... with cash.

chapeau!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

Not necessarily. If you take stones,sterling,Kane etc they haven't took long to hit high ratings.

i feel I've a good few talented youths that will make big breakthroughs this season and push there ratings up

Jambo do you manage Kiev? If so will you plz get rid of all your poor external rated players in squad. You have many players over 26 years old and rated 85 and under that are no use to you but by selling them you will lower your wage bill plus bring in some cash and with that cash you cud of bought mehmedi,vestergaard or falque

Wen looking through some teams and I spot poor external rated players in their squad I always ask myself why don't people do a clear out of these rubbish players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

He's PSG isn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

i think he's just pissed that a manager is doing a better job then him at one of his many previous clubs.

i believe he started at rangers and bitched and moaned about not being able to buy players if my memory serves me right, then he jumped ship to celtic cause they had a few 90's in the squad. hamburg followed and a stop off in kiev but when noone wanted psg he got them..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

swoody wrote: »
    i think he's just pissed that a manager is doing a better job then him at one of his many previous clubs.

i believe he started at rangers and bitched and moaned about not being able to buy players if my memory serves me right, then he jumped ship to celtic cause they had a few 90's in the squad. hamburg followed and a stop off in kiev but when noone wanted psg he got them..

Are you still pissed about Guerrero? Yep I moved clubs and uped my ranking, finished 6th in division one and probably at Psg I have absolute nobody's, but they never cost me an arm an a leg.

Yes I wanted a cap on squads that had close to 100 players, only ayew stands a chance of rising quickly, the goalie he'd be lucky and I don't care about losing out on those players, I just don't understand, but some people are obviously getting their knickers twisted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Are you still pissed about Guerrero? Yep I moved clubs and uped my ranking, finished 6th in division one and probably at Psg I have absolute nobody's, but they never cost me an arm an a leg.

Yes I wanted a cap on squads that had close to 100 players, only ayew stands a chance of rising quickly, the goalie he'd be lucky and I don't care about losing out on those players, I just don't understand, but some people are obviously getting their knickers twisted.

losing guerreiro was annoying considering I "bought" him twice only for the value to change on both occasions and subsequently they fell through, then you out bid me :mad:, god writing this brings back painful memorys. gunna cry myself to sleep now :'''(

Mourinho wrote: »
    He's PSG isn't he?

My apologies, although I still think Kiev need a massive clearout of players :) . You have a great squad of players in psg Jambo and you can compete with the best with that squad but I feel the only way to get cruzeiro to your level is through finding some future stars in the youth system.
    i could do what you do and jump from club to club to get to the top table. that way I wouldn't need so many youths and could focus on my first team but I enjoy the challenge of getting cruzeiro to the top

P.s a 17 year old I bought a couple of weeks ago rose to 80 this morning and is now valued at 2.4m.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Lads....

Popped up on my news feed this morn that someone has bid on a Boca player so I went back in for Mendez, just checking that 50+ games is not considered a new manager??

Don't wanna rock the boat, want to be Crystal on this one

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Is there a way to check the managers rankings table? just interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

have literally no idea who most of my players are. i know there are a few liverpool players in there that's kinda where it start and ends for me. so if anyone wants to take advantage with dodgy cash bids now would be the time. don't come moaning to me if you leave it too late and i've figured out what their names are and who they are

inter btw

PerrinV2 wrote:
    Is there a way to check the managers rankings table? just interested.

GT used to post it before, pretty sure he did each manager individually though....

Think there is a list of top 10 somewhere in the GW globe icon but beyond that it's an individual look up

modo85 wrote: »
    P.s a 17 year old I bought a couple of weeks ago rose to 80 this morning and is now valued at 2.4m.

All you did was pay 3.9 million for him, so still losing 1.3 million and as for moving clubs your manager ranking ain't great.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

All you did was pay 3.9 million for him, so still losing 1.3 million and as for moving clubs your manager ranking ain't great.:D

Now now, less of the bickering. Can't we all just get along!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Its with heavy heart that Tottenham Hotspurs announce the departures of Pedro, Kane and Dragovic who shall all be moving off to sunny Spain to join Malaga.

However, after many, many years chasing the man, Isco will finally become a Spurs player. Have been chasing him since I joined Spurs, nagging many a manager to lure him over to the rainy weather of London :pac:

A pleasure doing business with you Malaga. You drove a hard bargain, and I fear I may have overpaid, but getting Isco was a goal I've had for quite some time, so I'll take it. Now watch as Kane joins Man United and becomes an English legend, Pedro wins the champions league with Chelsea and Dragovic joins a big team and becomes a monster! :P

Adios Amigo!
    Sad to see Isco depart but felt it was best way of bringing Malaga forward.

Was in the lucky position of having interest from 6 clubs which was eventually whittled down to Spurs and Napoli. Great offers from both managers and it was a tough decision splitting them.
    He was en route to Naples before Spurs accepted a late final take it or leave it offer that ended a full week of protracted negotiations.

Pedro, Kane, and Dragovic all walk straight into my first team and should be good additions in our race for automatic promotion from Div 4 in season 8!

Thanks again to Spurs for ending the drama and now I can go back to logging in for 5 mins each day rather than burning the midnight oil! Apologies again to Napoli manager, was oh so close. Proper sound buck.

Thanks to Porto manager too for the Costa deal, my first team is weakened in the immediate future alright but my youth team coach is delighted!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As it stands then, I've got my prefered team as...
    Neuer
    Vidal _____ Kos _____
    Schwienstiger
    Isco ______
    Caudrado _______
    Schurrle

4 holes I'm hoping to fill still. Have a few PMs out, a few offers out, but will say here, that I've got the following players I'd like to swap out.

Terry, Nagatomo, Perisic, Llorente

Ideally, I want to look for people to sit into the gaps listed above, and be in my first team. I have zero interest in kids or 88s and under really, and unless the 88s are astounding, I really will just be dismissing an offer of an 88 and a kid for a player out of hand. I might consider a slight downgrade, but I've got a squad of 107 players. I don't need more squad players :P

But the four names listed are available for the right offer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Colemania wrote: »
    Now now, less of the bickering. Can't we all just get along!!! :pac:

1372821441661.jpg

Need a 90+ striker and 89+ left or right midfielder. Everyone up for sale pretty much so hit me up on some offers.

Udinese here

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Alright lads, new Boca Juniors manager here. Im brand new to the game so just trying to get the hang of it. Just wanted to say hello!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Alright lads, new Boca Juniors manager here. Im brand new to the game so just trying to get the hang of it. Just wanted to say hello!!

Best of luck lad!

Post often, lots of very sound people on here so any queries don't be afraid to ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Colemania wrote: »
    Need a 90+ striker and 89+ left or right midfielder. Everyone up for sale pretty much so hit me up on some offers.

Team?

I have an 89 rated right winger I'd be willing to swap for an 89 gk, cb or cf

Am Hamburg btw

JamboMac wrote:
    All you did was pay 3.9 million for him, so still losing 1.3 million and as for moving clubs your manager ranking ain't great.

That argument stands up to this bump, but the next bump it wont!

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Team?

I have an 89 rated right winger I'd be willing to swap for an 89 gk, cb or cf

Am Hamburg btw

Sorry, have edited it now. I'm the (not so) great Udinese!

That argument stands up to this bump, but the next bump it wont!

Depending on how old he is when he gets that bump it might still stand.

JamboMac wrote:
    Depending on how old he is when he gets that bump it might still stand.

We are talking about Cruzerio's youths though.... Lot of them going to get big bumps

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

swoody wrote: »
    friday....no?

Oh god no! That is not a friendly. There's a trophy going for the winners of that one! It's also going to be Super Mario's debut.

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    When am I up Wil?

I must send out the invites now. Like I said above though, the charity shield is certainly not going to be my San Marino squad though! Best of luck btw. May the best team on paper lose. :P :pac:

There was one other one that was brought forward as well, although I can't remember who. I think it was Spartak Moscow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Need a player for my starting eleven. I've 21m and Trippier to offer for a GK or cm. Anyone want my cash

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

San Marino slumped to a 3 - 1 defeat against RSC Anderlecht in their Friendly fixture.
    Cervellini was on the scoresheet for his side.

The San Marino "Challenge" :

Rank | Team | Score | GD | Last goal
    1 | Napoli | 8 - 1 | 7 | 88
    2 | Anderlecht | 3 - 1 | 2 | 64
    3 | Standard Liege | 1 - 2 (LOSERS!) | -1 | 5

In order of precedence, teams shall be separated by:
    1. Goal Difference.
    2. Goals Scored.
    3. Earliest time for the last goal scored.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Wilberto wrote: »