Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

What team are you? Might have something for you....
    Spartak Moscow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

baza Rakus wrote: »
    They are changing the rules in Soccer Manager. The formations are all changing. 352 is dead! (Long live 352!)

You can read about it on the SM forum

http://forum.soccermanager.com/forum/sm-worlds/soccer-manager-game-development/suggestions-improvements/5103153-pavillions-test-game-world

Any page in particular worth reading bud? 10 pages long!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,140 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I know there are a few ideas on squad caps, and you won't be able to pay off concerns, and a players value will drop as his morale goes down through not playing them - so it will aim to stop perceived player hoarding!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Hi lads,

I'm seriously considering packing this in. Genuinely forgot about it for a week or more I'd say and I'm not too bothered about it any more.
    I've put a lot of time into it, and would love to do something to respark my interest, but it's waning.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Hi lads,

I'm seriously considering packing this in. Genuinely forgot about it for a week or more I'd say and I'm not too bothered about it any more.
    I've put a lot of time into it, and would love to do something to respark my interest, but it's waning.....

Suddenly, everyone else's interest in the game has picked up with the prospect of Barcelona being available!! :D :pac:

On a serious note though, I hope your interest returns sooner rather than later. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Hi lads,

All that time you have put in to be one of the favourites for Div 1 title, you can't quit now!

On the other side its a game we all play for a bit of craic, banter, and enjoyment. If like you say you aren't bothered about it any more then why waste your time at it when you could be at something more constructive and/or enjoyable to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,140 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Hi lads,

Would be a shame to see you pack it in. You have a hell of a squad there.

Just give it a crack this season, you don't have to put that much time or effort in.

If you still feel the same then you can set this place on fire with the rush for that job and possible subsequent shifts.

Hi lads,

Don't take this up the wrong way, but in competitive GWs the bigger clubs can be boring, Smaller clubs built from the ground up are far more challenging mate, it could be something to consider if re-sparking your interest ;)

Or..... You could do the unthinkable, rip the squad apart and build it back up! I love a good rebuild :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Hi lads,

With Isco, Griezmann, KdB moving and a 'you can buy Neymar in 5yrs' deal in place, ... There have been tons of good transfers in the last 7-10days ... Try doing some deals man, might re-invigorate you...

I over the seasons I've Sold Rodriquez, Modric, Dzeko, Thiago, Sandro, Danilo, Higuain, Boateng, Pjanic, Matic, Thiago, Martinez, Moutinho, Jovetic, Balotelli (pfew :p), Badstuber, Migniolet, ... and now griezmann :eek::eek:

If I had kept these players I'd have a much, muxh better team ... but I definetly would have missed the 14day login rule due to boredom...

My recommendation ( and I have feck all left to trade so it doesnt actually suit me for it to happen now) would be go DIY SOS on that squad, dont leave a position untouched

Don't take this up the wrong way, but in competitive GWs the bigger clubs can be boring, Smaller clubs built from the ground up are far more challenging mate, it could be something to consider if re-sparking your interest ;)

Or..... You could do the unthinkable, rip the squad apart and build it back up! I love a good rebuild :D

Haha ... looks like we agree on how to maintain interest

• Advertisement

How are united able to offer soo much for martial .... my tight chairman wont allow me to offer more than 14m ....

I think the game engine is broken ... allowing united to offer 30+ million ... what are they playing at?!

Era I know myself before I start that its basically banging your head off a brick wall but sure......

Responding to bids is gone ****e again, I've at least 4 bids sitting in for players of which I've checked the last 3(+) days and most of the managers have logged in EVERY one of those days.....

IMO, on NONE match days responding to bids (non-external obviously) should be first priority for anyone playing the game...

But as I said, refer to first line

Had had a few lately too, I just withdraw the bid after a while and pursue other avenues ...

Think its the main reason most of my transfers are with a small cohort of managers

(I know I've been guilty of it myself btw)

I'm tentatively inviting bids on NAINGGOLAN, Radja.

At a minimum, I'm looking for a young DC or DR or DL that can go straight into my starting 11 and will also need a direct replacement for Radja ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I'm tentatively inviting bids on NAINGGOLAN, Radja.

At a minimum, I'm looking for a young DC or DR or DL that can go straight into my starting 11 and will also need a direct replacement for Radja ...

Udinese always open for business....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Included shelvey in so many part exchange deals and nobody wanted him and now he's probably gonna win another England cap after a great start to his season so more people should be looking at him now!

He'll get to 88 by Christmas I'd say and who knows after that. Not accepting cash bids for him (you know who you are :P)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, advice?

I've got Perisic. Before his transfer to Inter in real life, I was looking to move him on (without much success). Honestly, I don't know **** all about him; do people think he's got the chance of a rise at Inter? Or should I be looking to move him on?

Likewise, Terry. 92 rated, 10m value, and he's a starter obviously, but would people think I should be looking to move him on? Defence is the next area I want to do up, I think; hopefully my midfield will be sorted by tonight, and I'm happy enough with Cuadrado and Schurrle upfront (and probably Perisic, depending on replies here :P).

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lads, advice?

I've got Perisic. Before his transfer to Inter in real life, I was looking to move him on (without much success). Honestly, I don't know **** all about him; do people think he's got the chance of a rise at Inter? Or should I be looking to move him on?

Likewise, Terry. 92 rated, 10m value, and he's a starter obviously, but would people think I should be looking to move him on? Defence is the next area I want to do up, I think; hopefully my midfield will be sorted by tonight, and I'm happy enough with Cuadrado and Schurrle upfront (and probably Perisic, depending on replies here :P).

Perisic, without doubt is a quality footballer..... Thing is, without doubt Inter is a step down from Wolfsburg these days.... no doubt. He had greater scope to rise in Germany....

Terry, never liked him so probably not one to give advice on him :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Colemania wrote: »
    Included shelvey in so many part exchange deals and nobody wanted him and now he's probably gonna win another England cap after a great start to his season so more people should be looking at him now!

He'll get to 88 by Christmas I'd say and who knows after that. Not accepting cash bids for him (you know who you are :P)

it was worth a shot :) in the hope you where drinking this morning and accepted it :p

anyhow i'm well stocked up in center mid and was just buying so noone else could get him :pac: :o :cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Perisic, without doubt is a quality footballer..... Thing is, without doubt Inter is a step down from Wolfsburg these days.... no doubt. He had greater scope to rise in Germany....

Terry, never liked him so probably not one to give advice on him :P

The thing with Perisic which makes me wonder though is that Inter have thrown a huge amount of money at the market, so will be pushing for a return to their historic form. Not sure though.

Meanwhile...

The offer for Costel PANTILIMON of Sheffield Wednesday from Tottenham Hotspur has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

After Neuer, my next keeper was rated 77. So to nab a decent 87 rated keeper for 6m or so makes me happy.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The thing with Perisic which makes me wonder though is that Inter have thrown a huge amount of money at the market, so will be pushing for a return to their historic form. Not sure though.

Meanwhile...

The offer for Costel PANTILIMON of Sheffield Wednesday from Tottenham Hotspur has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

After Neuer, my next keeper was rated 77. So to nab a decent 87 rated keeper for 6m or so makes me happy.

Inter are playing over the odds for players that are not world beaters though, they are a million miles away from the title, Icardi and Jovetic would have to be on fire all season long to maintain a proper push..... On the other hand Peresic is a quality player, no question and its always a good idea to hold on to quality, even if they are stuck at a no-where club, after all he could always do a Hernanes in a season or so ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

San Marino were given a football lesson by Bayern München as they were hammered 8 - 0 in their Friendly fixture.

7 - 0 up with so little time remaining, I was beginning to think they wouldn't do it, despite being on track by half time to become the first team to hit ten. Finally though, up popped Aguero with the 8th, just two minutes from time.

The San Marino 'Challenge' :

Rank | Team | Score | GD | Last goal
    1 | Bayern Munich | 8 - 0 | 8 | 88
    2 | Napoli | 8 - 1 | 7 | 88
    3 | Anderlecht | 3 - 1 | 2 | 64
    4 | Chelsea | 2 - 0 | 2 | 87
    5 | Standard Liege | 1 - 2 (LOSERS!) | -1 | 5

In order of precedence, teams shall be separated by:
    1. Goal Difference.
    2. Goals Scored.
    3. Earliest time for the last goal scored.

'what do i think of the result? It is Fake. We were the better team for the first 1/2, we dominated the 2nd half. To loose 0-4 is a fake result'

Reporter were unsure on whether the Porto Manager was doing a bad impression of Jose Mourihno or just a sore looser.

FC Porto slumped to a 4 - 0 defeat against Chelsea in their Division 1 fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Does this game have something against Vital Dede? Since I bought him he has been injured three times, each time he is out for 2 weeks or more! Complete bollix!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Panathinaikos beat Standard Liège 2 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Athanasiadis scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Ekici was also on the scoresheet for his side.

34 points from safety

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Second game of the season and Karl Fletchers (Axwell) Palmeiras found themselves away to RSC Anderlecht for tonights fixture. Putting 4 goals away unanswered with 2 coming early in the first half and another 2 early in the second. In control for most of the match and everyone getting involved in the goals and showing how the new formation and tactics from the training ground are paying off.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

SL Benfica slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against Barcelona in their Division 1 fixture.

Honda was on the scoresheet for his side.

Gonna be a long season

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Boca juniors secure their first win of the season with a 4-2 defeat of hannover in doc holliday's home managerial debut in La Bombanera!!!!!

Ashley young with a goal and assist to earn man of the match. ;)

The 'genoese' fans are eagerly anticipating a long and successful reign under their ambitious Irish manager!!!

Loving this game so far

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

2 0 home win over Stuttgart with home debuts and a goal each from Pedro and Dragovic. Kane is back from his suspension for Sunday so hopefully he opens his account!

In RL Comic Book Baby #3 is due in next few days so SM will be limited to phone log ins until things settle down so wont be in touch with usual lads on chat for a while! :eek:

• Advertisement

2 0 home win over Stuttgart with home debuts and a goal each from Pedro and Dragovic. Kane is back from his suspension for Sunday so hopefully he opens his account!

In RL Comic Book Baby #3 is due in next few days so SM will be limited to phone log ins until things settle down so wont be in touch with usual lads on chat for a while! :eek:

#3?! :eek:

Congrats ...

I'm tearing my hair out with 2 .... :o ....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement