Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

Palermo drew 2-2 with Barcelona

7 points from last 3 games!!! Up to 12th!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

GT_TDI_150 wrote:
    Careful now, He'll go predicting all sorts of points hauls against you next
    Na, he's sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

I have 2 good 88s in Marco Hoger & Havard Nordeit who have concerns and probably won't bet game time.

I'll give both for anyone that may want want them for decent enough player under 21. Or if someone has a seriously good young player I would throw em in with an 89 like Rodrigo or summit, would want to be very good for those 3 tho.

FC Schalke 04

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

San Marino were given a football lesson by Athletic Club as they were hammered 6 - 0 in their Friendly fixture.

Athletic's first half performance let them down. Only 2-0 up at the break was never going to be good enough to overtake Bayern, despite their best efforts in the second half.

The San Marino 'Challenge' :

Rank | Team | Score | GD | Last goal
    1 | Bayern Munich | 8 - 0 | 8 | 88
    2 | Napoli | 8 - 1 | 7 | 88
    3 | Athletic Bilbao | 6 - 0 | 6 | 85
    4 | Anzhi | 5 - 1 | 4 | 86
    5 | Spartak Moscow | 5 - 1 | 4 | 89
    6 | FC Porto | 4 - 1 | 3 | 32
    7 | Anderlecht | 3 - 1 | 2 | 64
    8 | Palermo (A) | 2 - 0 | 2 | 62
    9 | Chelsea (A) | 2 - 0 | 2 | 87
    10 | Standard Liege (A) | 1 - 2 (LOSERS!) | -1 | 5

(A) - Match was played in the challenger's stadium. (i.e. San Marino were away)

In order of precedence, teams shall be separated by:
    1. Goal Difference.
    2. Goals Scored.
    3. Earliest time for the last goal scored.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Wilberto wrote: »
    Athletic's first half performance let them down. Only 2-0 up at the break was never going to be good enough to overtake Bayern, despite their best efforts in the second half.

Can I have another go?? :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Would also like another crack :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Ok, I've had tentative interest for Messi....

But it will obviously need to be a crazy good deal for me to even consider it...

__

Also, I'm not going to put deals together involving him, if you want him, you propose the deal to me.
    :)

/Moany Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

FC Porto slumped to a 2 - 0 defeat to Tottenham Hotspur in their Division 1 fixture.

I'm already without Wanyama through injury .... And have now lost Draxler too ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

1 0 win over Palmeiras to maintain our 100% home record.
    Now to try and get a first away win of the season......... Next up Div 3 title favourites Schalke :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

1 nil win away to Liverpool to keep us top. Shaqiri just can't stop scoring!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The match ended 2 - 2 between SL Benfica and Spartak Moskva in their Division 1 fixture.

Honda and Farfán were amongst the goalscorers.

Fúck all use to either of us :o

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

2-2 with Barca, rough season ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

2-0 win for Anzhi keeps the unbeaten run going, although looks like the end may be in sight with Lazio up next

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

richieffff wrote:
    2-0 win for Anzhi keeps the unbeaten run going, although looks like the end may be in sight with Lazio up next

Wouldn't count on it mate, form is shocking right now

Fúck all use to either of us :o

Ah in fairness, it keeps me off the bottom.... Oh wait!!

mackeire wrote: »
    Ah in fairness, it keeps me off the bottom.... Oh wait!!

Keep you right where I predicted ;) ... oh wait I'm there too

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Keep you right where I predicted ;) ... oh wait I'm there too

Don't worry lad, I'm only one win behind you ;) although, I haven't got a win yet. Must be because of all these points that you keep dropping are knocking us back down ;)

Rumours coming from Athletic Club de Bibao that there will be a press conference at the San Mames II Stadium this afternoon.

Rumours coming from Athletic Club de Bibao that there will be a press conference at the San Mames II Stadium this afternoon.

You sure know how to keep a crowd waiting!

There was an atmosphere of curiosity and tension at the San Mames II Stadium this evening as M. Poirot took the podium at this press conference; albeit a little later than expected. Wearing a smart business suit he apologised for the delay, claiming that he had managed to get Max Kruse in a headlock and wanted to see how long he could hold on for. After waving aside concerns for Kruse's safety he gave the following statement:

"The journey of a man is measured not by the footsteps he makes but by the distance he travels while standing still. I have been truly blessed to manage this great club and have witnessed some fantastic sights; two back-to-backs at the top of our game, our saviour the mighty Bear, the reunification of Tupac and Biggie, the rise and fall of Reginald Perrin - some truly great things. However, I have realised that we at Bilbao have always been on the cusp of greatness; always just out of reach and agonisingly within our sight, dangling there like a forbidden apple - we wants it, but we can't haves it."

At this point he stepped from behind the podium to reveal that he had somehow managed to remove his trousers, without using his hands; dazzling all present with his luminous, pink underwear with an added Viennese frill (€24.99 from Anne Summers) he continued:

"It is with a heavy heart that I must tell you all that my time here is coming to an end - I shall oversee the remainder of this season and then move onto other challenges, other victories, other mountains to climb. I thank you all for your generosity and friendship, for the many years of entertainment and happiness. This has been a wonderful experience and I cannot thank you all enough"

M. Poirot then burst into tears and had to be led away by the club doctor Eva Carneiro - he was gently guided from the room and the last thing heard by this reporter was Poirot giggling before saying: "Ooh Eva, you know I'm ticklish down there!"

• Advertisement

There was an atmosphere of curiosity and tension at the San Mames II Stadium this evening as M. Poirot took the podium at this press conference; albeit a little later than expected. Wearing a smart business suit he apologised for the delay, claiming that he had managed to get Max Kruse in a headlock and wanted to see how long he could hold on for. After waving aside concerns for Kruse's safety he gave the following statement:

"The journey of a man is measured not by the footsteps he makes but by the distance he travels while standing still. I have been truly blessed to manage this great club and have witnessed some fantastic sights; two back-to-backs at the top of our game, our saviour the mighty Bear, the reunification of Tupac and Biggie, the rise and fall of Reginald Perrin - some truly great things. However, I have realised that we at Bilbao have always been on the cusp of greatness; always just out of reach and agonisingly within our sight, dangling there like a forbidden apple - we wants it, but we can't haves it."

At this point he stepped from behind the podium to reveal that he had somehow managed to remove his trousers, without using his hands; dazzling all present with his luminous, pink underwear with an added Viennese frill (€24.99 from Anne Summers) he continued:

"It is with a heavy heart that I must tell you all that my time here is coming to an end - I shall oversee the remainder of this season and then move onto other challenges, other victories, other mountains to climb. I thank you all for your generosity and friendship, for the many years of entertainment and happiness. This has been a wonderful experience and I cannot thank you all enough"

M. Poirot then burst into tears and had to be led away by the club doctor Eva Carneiro - he was gently guided from the room and the last thing heard by this reporter was Poirot giggling before saying: "Ooh Eva, you know I'm ticklish down there!"

brilliantly written and hilarious as always!

Surely ya won't move to a new club if ya make it third time lucky in the playoffs?

Poirot, that was just epic as usual mate! Hope your not leaving completely, just on to new pastures???

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Poirot, that was just epic as usual mate! Hope your not leaving completely, just on to new pastures???

I'm hoping that's the case also, given that he had applied for Lyon, and looked all set to get it until the Ranger's manager's late entrance.

Unfortunately, that second paragraph has me fearing the worst. :(

Meanwhile, Estudiantes have done the double over Inter.
    Estudiantes de LP beat Internazionale 4 - 1 in their SMFA Shield Group A fixture.
    Costil had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Traoré, Mitroglou and Ki were amongst the goalscorers.

It leaves us 6 points and 6 goals ahead of third with two games remaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Haven't done any transfer business in ages! Nothing so far this season! Everyone is available for the right price (not cash)

Udinese here by the way

Well earned progress to the next round ... :p

FC Porto have progressed to the next round of the The Boards.ie League Shield - love having Byes :D

My second team goes out at first hurdle courtesy of a penalty shoot out defeat to very strong Arsenal team who look like they forgot there was shield games tonight!
    Ah well............

In an attempt to improve team moral FC Porto manager 'The Real Hazard' has scored something of a coup in adding Dr. Eva Carneiro to the medical staff at FC Porto after she parted ways with Chelsea earlier today :P :D

In an attempt to improve team moral FC Porto manager 'The Real Hazard' has scored something of a coup in adding Dr. Eva Carneiro to the medical staff at FC Porto after she parted ways with Chelsea earlier today :P :D

Too late. She's with Hercule Poirot at Athletic Bilbao:

• Advertisement

Well earned progress to the next round ... :p

FC Porto have progressed to the next round of the The Boards.ie League Shield - love having Byes :D

I genuinely can't remember the last time I played a first round cup tie in this league. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement