Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

SL Benfica beat US Palermo 3 - 1 in their The Boards.ie League Cup Round 2 fixture.

Musa scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

González was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Cup run here we go!

Looks like it may have been a full strength Palermo side as well :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

My second team lost 1-0 to real Madrid first team, holding on until the 88th minute

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Playing against someone's first team may have been an advantage, if it was same team that played in the league on Sunday. More then likely they forgot to change teams for to tonights cup game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Paris Saint-Germain beat SSC Napoli 4 - 1 in a penalty shootout after a 2 - 2 draw in their The Boards.ie League Cup Round 2 fixture.
    Rolán scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    El Kaddouri was also on the scoresheet for his side.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Beat celtic 2-0 in the shield. Might concentrate on the shield this season. Villa badly need silverware

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Lads ...

Anyone here into the 'match attax cards' ?

My young fella started collecting em today ... between GOLD cards, top100 cards silver cards .... I havent a bulls notion of what the story is.

He got a GOLD Limited Edition card in one of his packs ... how rare are they? Are they seperate from the 18 squad players you collect per PL team?

Thanks

He got a John Terry card too but all the other cards in that pack were 'Nightclub Barbie' Cards ... go figure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Lost 4 nil to a full strength Man United. Oh well.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

My B team puts Espanyol's B/C team to the sword with a 4 1 away win. Away to Chelsea was not the draw I was hoping for!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

With gold management can you have a youth team line up saved for a quick change or is it only formation and tactics

• Registered Users Posts: 14,140 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Mourinho wrote: »
    With gold management can you have a youth team line up saved for a quick change or is it only formation and tactics

I've never known any different. You can save line ups and tactics and call it what you want, implement it then with a click.

So yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Lads ...

Anyone here into the 'match attax cards' ?

My young fella started collecting em today ... between GOLD cards, top100 cards silver cards .... I havent a bulls notion of what the story is.

He got a GOLD Limited Edition card in one of his packs ... how rare are they? Are they seperate from the 18 squad players you collect per PL team?

Thanks

He got a John Terry card too but all the other cards in that pack were 'Nightclub Barbie' Cards ... go figure :D

Is that sh!t still done by Merlin?

Back in the day I use to nick them from my local sweet shop (pre cctv) on my way home from school, cause I was that cool. Tell him to grab the full box and run if they're by the door or do a snakey "up the jumper" when the cashier isn't looking, he'll then be a legend like me......lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

swoody wrote: »

Back in the day I use to nick them from my local sweet shop (pre cctv) on my way home from school, cause I was that cool. Tell him to grab the full box and run if they're by the door or do a snakey "up the jumper" when the cashier isn't looking, he'll then be a legend like me......lol.

It's better if you make them go up to the top shelf behind the counter, into the old style candy jars and just as they get to the top of the little ladder/steps grab what you want and run like f*ck.

For extra insurance you could always push them off the ladder/steps and rummage around to your heart's content while they squeal in bitter, elderly agony. Stop and take a selfie with your beleaguered newsagent for extra bonus points and increase your street cred in the hood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

swoody wrote: »

Any swops?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

San Marino slumped to a 4 - 0 defeat against Paris Saint-Germain in their Friendly fixture.

The San Marino 'Challenge' :

Rank | Team | Score | GD | Last goal
    1 | Bayern Munich | 8 - 0 | 8 | 88
    2 | Napoli | 8 - 1 | 7 | 88
    3 | Roma (A) | 6 - 0 | 6 | 70
    4 | Athletic Bilbao | 6 - 0 | 6 | 85
    5 | Anzhi | 5 - 1 | 4 | 86
    6 | Spartak Moscow | 5 - 1 | 4 | 89
    7 | PSG | 4 - 0 | 4 | 74
    8 | FC Porto | 4 - 1 | 3 | 32
    9 | Everton | 3 - 1 | 2 | 39
    10 | Anderlecht | 3 - 1 | 2 | 64
    11 | Palermo (A) | 2 - 0 | 2 | 62
    12 | Chelsea (A) | 2 - 0 | 2 | 87
    13 | Standard Liege (A) | 1 - 2 (LOSERS!) | -1 | 5

(A) - Match was played in the challenger's stadium. (i.e. San Marino were away)

In order of precedence, teams shall be separated by:
    1. Goal Difference.
    2. Goals Scored.
    3. Earliest time for the last goal scored.[/QUOTE]

Anyone fancy filling a division in the latest GOLD Championship with boardies?

I've taken Anderlecht in GW: (Game World ID : 239930)

I'll start a new thread if there is enough uptake

Suppose a point is better than none...

The match ended 1 - 1 between FC Porto and AS Roma in their Division 1 fixture.
    Morata scored the only goal for FC Porto and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

After the game the Porto and Roma managers sat down to trash out a transfer.

The agreed deal consists of Smalling and Guilavogui moving to Porto and Nainggolan moving to Roma. However, with Smalling having another month to go on his transfer ban (and Porto being shocking in defense), Toprak has embarked on a medium term loan to Porto and will return back to Roma in exchange for Smalling when TB's have expired.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

SL Benfica beat Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Kolarov had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Valencia was on the scoresheet for his side.

Took advantage of a NMF Spurs team to record a vital 3 points.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

3-2 win for Anzhi keeps us near the top of the table. Some unbeaten run by Leverkusen so far, ten games

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Damn, lost the top of the table clash with Sevilla to drop Udinese to 3rd!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Estudiantes de LP beat FC Twente 4 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.
    N\'zonzi scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Roux and Traoré were also amongst the goalscorers.

The ascent begins?
    Unfortunately, Sung-Yueng KI has been badly injured during the last game.

Maybe not.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Took advantage of a NMF Spurs team to record a vital 3 points.

****, forgot to change my team after the cup.

Worried not been as eager about things recently. Could do with some transfers to get me excited, but not having much fun looking for said transfers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Woo hoo!

Malaga finally manage an away league win at 5th time of asking, curtesy of long range strike by Dragovic. Owe my keeper for the 1 0 win over Anderlecht though.

Next up is emotional tie for some of my squad as we welcome former manager WIlberto back to La Rosaleda.

Very sound of him to double up our fixture as The San Marino challenge!
    #topman!

Woo hoo!

Malaga finally manage an away league win at 5th time of asking, curtesy of long range strike by Dragovic. Owe my keeper for the 1 0 win over Anderlecht though.

Next up is emotional tie for some of my squad as we welcome former manager WIlberto back to La Rosaleda.

Very sound of him to double up our fixture as The San Marino challenge!
    #topman!

GIF-Haha-No-No-way-Nix-Never-GIF.gif

I actually forgot that I managed them!! :D :pac:

Atlético Madrid outclassed Internazionale and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Modrić had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Silva and Lewandowski were amongst the goalscorers.

Atlético Madrid have now won 7 games in a row after beating Internazionale setting a new club record
    Good result beating 2nd place Inter. Putting some daylight between the chasing pack just 10 games in.

I've gone and jinxed it now :pac:

tonic wine wrote: »
    Atlético Madrid outclassed Internazionale and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Atlético Madrid have now won 7 games in a row after beating Internazionale setting a new club record
    Good result beating 2nd place Inter. Putting some daylight between the chasing pack just 10 games in.

Sell me a 89/90 defender for cash to break the curse!

Only 2-1? Sure we beat them 4-1 not so long ago. :D :pac:

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Sell me a 89/90 defender for cash to break the curse!

I've a 92 defender for sale ;)

I've a 92 defender for sale ;)

For cash ;)

There could be two very promising players forcing their way onto the transfer market very soon due to lack of first team opportunities at Estudiantes:

Fabio VITAIOLI is very concerned about his lack of opportunities at the club, the player feels he will never make the first team, if this issue is not addressed the player will become increasingly unhappy and may leave the club.
    Federico AMICI is very concerned about his lack of opportunities at the club, the player feels he will never make the first team, if this issue is not addressed the player will become increasingly unhappy and may leave the club.

:pac: :pac:

On a more serios note though, Anwar El Ghazi gets a bump to 86 meaning he's risen by a grand total of 10 since I signed him as a new player almost one year ago! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I'm off on a stag too Cardiff till Wednesday lads so play nice with each other

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement