Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I am going to take a division 4 team on, but until the Sporting mess is sorted I cannot divulge any more information.

Well, in that case, there's only one more thing left to do....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I am going to take a division 4 team on, but until the Sporting mess is sorted I cannot divulge any more information.

Missing the Focaccia and Pesto?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

It's great craic down here in division 4!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

SL Benfica beat Ajax 4 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Cabaye scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Farfán and Honda were also amongst the goalscorers.

3 wins on the trot, we're flying.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

2-1 loss to PSV, Huntelaar was on the scoresheet for Anzhi.

Totally outclasses in every stat. Can't seem to crack that bloody 352.

Sitting in third place with the wheels ready to fall off :pac:

• Advertisement

MAX POWER ... my 22yr old 75 rated novelty signing (too cool a name not to sign him) ... has reach Lvl1 concern on account of not getting enough first team football ... where does he think he is ... Fenerbache?!

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    MAX POWER ... my 22yr old 75 rated novelty signing (too cool a name not to sign him) ... has reach Lvl1 concern on account of not getting enough first team football ... where does he think he is ... Fenerbache?!

tumblr_mkxdux6k8E1s50jwoo1_400.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Estudiantes de LP beat Toulouse FC 2 - 1 in their SMFA Shield Group A fixture.
    Mitroglou had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    N\'zonzi was on the scoresheet for his side.

We were down 1-0 after four minutes, and were then down a man after Paul Veraugh (Mario Gaspar's replacement) was sent off after 19 minutes, but the ten men rallied and came back stronger to send us safely through to the next round as Group A winners by six points. Happy to say as well that, after Inter's thumping of Koln, albeit unnecessary (the hammering I mean, not the win (that was extremely necessary!), also sends them through to the knock out round.

No Sporting or Sunderland interest? Me thinks people are waiting for a definite on the situation over at the Camp Nou.

Imo you would have to be mad to apply for a role until Barca position is clarified ... the knock on / manager carousel that would follow a potential big job like that could be immense, would be mad to be locked into a new club

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

There was a mournful atmosphere at the San Mames II Stadium this afternoon as journalists gathered for an impromptu press conference called by the Athletic Club manager amid very little fanfare and at very short notice. Dressed in a simple outfit of jeans and cardigan he gave the following statement:

"Recent events have shaken me to my core. I knew that Al was considering leaving so while I was prepared for his announcement the blow was still painful. I was not too familiar with the Sporting manager but I was an admirer of his work - and when we lose one of our brethren it is a loss for all. Which brings me to why I've asked you here today...."

At this point in his statement M. Poirot appeared visibly distressed, pausing momentarily to wipe a single tear from his eye before he continued:

"My Bear, my beautiful little Bear - his genius and intellect was too progressive for modern society, he was a square peg in a round hole, a gem hidden in a wasteland of destitution. I would like to thank him for his years of friendship, his awful advice and his maniacal laughter that resonates constantly within my soul...."

M. Poirot then burst into tears, ripping open his cardigan to reveal a My Chemical Romance t-shirt, he starting applying eye liner and black nail polish upon himself and began screaming obscenities at random members of the crowd before addressing the audience again:

"Look what that bastard has done to me," he roared as black tears rolled down his cheeks, "He promised he would never leave me! He promised we would go together with our heads held high - but look at me, LOOK AT ME!! My life is now empty, my world is darkness and my soul is stained black for eternity."

He then began playing Welcome To The Black Parade on his mobile phone and left the press conference head hung low, staring at the floor like the pathetic emo he has become. Even Eva cannot save him it seems.

• Advertisement

It was only going to be a distraction if we progressed anyway ... :(

FC Porto slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against CSKA Moskva in their The Boards.ie League Shield Round 2 fixture.
    Vanaken was on the scoresheet for his side.

Anzhi through to the next round Simon Gustafason with the only goal

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Beat twente 2-1. Going to try win a trophy this season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

3-2 loss to an almost full strength Madrid team. Joaquín also out injured for 5 weeks! Handy backup player

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Paris Saint-Germain beat FC Schalke 04 1 - 0 in their The Boards.ie League Shield Round 2 fixture.
    Rolán scored the winner for Paris Saint-Germain and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

This is the second time I bought this fellow!! :D Nice backup keeper to have me thinks, and one that hopefully won't mind sitting on the bench (i.e. won't develop concerns)
    Rodríguez YOEL has completed his move to Estudiantes de LP from Sampdoria for 600,000 plus Ben AMOS and Yassine BONO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Balls, was nursing a hangover all day and forgot to change out my team for the cup game. That's my first team all out for the next league match.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Jesus.....

I won a match!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Tottenham Hotspur beat Bayern München 3 - 1 in a penalty shootout after a 1 - 1 draw in their The Boards.ie League Shield Round 2 fixture.
    Isco was on the scoresheet for his side.

Going after the Shield again. Not going to win the league so may as well :P

San Marino slumped to a 3 - 1 defeat against Palmeiras in their Friendly fixture.
    Bacciocchi was on the scoresheet for his side.

The San Marino 'Challenge' :

Rank | Team | Score | GD | Last goal
    1 | Bayern Munich | 8 - 0 | 8 | 88
    2 | Napoli | 8 - 1 | 7 | 88
    3 | Roma (A) | 6 - 0 | 6 | 70
    4 | Athletic Bilbao | 6 - 0 | 6 | 85
    5 | Anzhi | 5 - 1 | 4 | 86
    6 | Spartak Moscow | 5 - 1 | 4 | 89
    7 | PSG | 4 - 0 | 4 | 74
    8 | FC Porto | 4 - 1 | 3 | 32
    9 | Everton | 3 - 1 | 2 | 39
    10 | Anderlecht | 3 - 1 | 2 | 64
    = | Palmeiras | 3 - 1 | 2 | 64
    12 | Juventus (A) | 2 - 0 | 2 | 17
    13 | Palermo (A) | 2 - 0 | 2 | 62
    14 | Chelsea (A) | 2 - 0 | 2 | 87
    15 | Standard Liege (A) | 1 - 2 (LOSERS!) | -1 | 5

(A) - Match was played in the challenger's stadium. (i.e. San Marino were away)

In order of precedence, teams shall be separated by:
    1. Goal Difference.
    2. Goals Scored.
    3. Earliest time for the last goal scored.

• Advertisement

Missing the Focaccia and Pesto?

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Just got a reminder to pick my team for tonight... This a new feature?

Oh not boards GW...

Just got a reminder to pick my team for tonight... This a new feature?

Oh not boards GW...

Same here. A bit odd. Would be handy for cup matches though

Colemania wrote: »
    Same here. A bit odd. Would be handy for cup matches though

Meh, would get 5-10 reminders daily

Meh, would get 5-10 reminders daily

You have 5-10 cup matches a day!!! Somebody's a big shot! :P

ah no, but with custom worlds, GOLD worlds, National teams ... there's always something happening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Young lads playing tonight seeing as I forgot to change the cup team on Tuesday.

Ah crap forgot to change my team from the cup match and lost 3-1

Nice 3-0 win for Anzhi against an unfit Shaktar. Goals from Valbuena and Veloso securing the win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Anybody look at the attendance, my stadium capacity is 48,000 but my average is 56,000, are they in the car Park? Beat so benfica 2-0.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement